PDA

View Full Version : Epic Druid shield

Aulldeath
03-31-2014, 07:43 PM
What is a very good shield for epic levels, that is not the Wall of Wood (since it is so hard to get, and I don't plan on spending 700 shards for it), that is level 20-27, that gives really good AC?
I am currently using Heroic Normal Wall of Wood, but it is a little outdated at level 23 going on 24.

Tilomere
03-31-2014, 07:58 PM
What is a very good shield for epic levels, that is not the Wall of Wood (since it is so hard to get, and I don't plan on spending 700 shards for it), that is level 20-27, that gives really good AC?
I am currently using Heroic Normal Wall of Wood, but it is a little outdated at level 23 going on 24.

EN or EH WoW is the easier shield to get, the harder to get one is the epic GH raid tower shield made of crystal, an even harder one to get is the crystalline alchemical one, since no one runs LoB anymore. I solo farmed an EH shield up with a good blitz setup.

Aulldeath
04-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Heres another question, can druids wear heavy shadowscale armor without breaking oath?

FuzzyDuck81
04-01-2014, 04:27 AM
Heres another question, can druids wear heavy shadowscale armor without breaking oath?

Yes - it's not made of metal after all :) I use it on my own fighter splashed druid & love it. You'll need to be proficient in heavy armour (either from a splash or spending a feat) in order to benefit from the PRR etc. however.

Regarding wall of wood, the EN version isn't too hard to get & you can always ask for some assistance... depending on other gear (ie PDK or epic claw gloves) the EN version might actually be better than either of the other 2, since the 20% healing amp on that tier will stack with the gloves, whereas the 30% on the other 2 shields won't stack, and for self at least might outweigh the extra spellpower.

sifubob
04-01-2014, 04:56 AM
Well, there is this...

from the new raid; Fire on Thunder Peak

Dethek Runestone - Shield made of stone
Natural Armor +10
Exceptional Devotion +10
Alchemical Potency +20
Runic Revitalization: On Positive Energy Spell Cast: You have a 10% chance to gain 100 Temporary Hit Points and 50 Temporary Spell Points for 60 seconds. This effect can trigger once per 120 seconds
Stone Paws: In Animal Form, Gain +[W] and DR 15/Adamantine
some augment slot(s)

the above is from the Wiki, http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Dethek_Runestone is a more recent entry though.

FuzzyDuck81
04-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Yeah my druid is drooling over that one, just slot a nice devotion augment into it & good to go :)

Aulldeath
04-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Well, there is this...

from the new raid; Fire on Thunder Peak

Dethek Runestone - Shield made of stone
Natural Armor +10
Exceptional Devotion +10
Alchemical Potency +20
Runic Revitalization: On Positive Energy Spell Cast: You have a 10% chance to gain 100 Temporary Hit Points and 50 Temporary Spell Points for 60 seconds. This effect can trigger once per 120 seconds
Stone Paws: In Animal Form, Gain +[W] and DR 15/Adamantine
some augment slot(s)

the above is from the Wiki, http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Dethek_Runestone is a more recent entry though.

Thats why I said 20-27, cause i will be using that for 28 no doubt.