PDA

View Full Version : Improve Divine Might: Extra Versions

bennyson
03-31-2014, 11:18 AM
Do you have a Dwarf or Elven Paladin or Cleric that would rather fight enemies with axes & bows or use your deity's favored weapon in combat? Yet Divine Might only grants a bonus to your character's STR while you would rather use your character's DEX or CON for weapon damage instead?

I have an idea that, instead of one version of Divine Might, you have a selection of THREE versions of the ability.

Version one: Divine Might
Version two: Divine Agility
Version three: Divine Endurance

Divine Might is already ingame, although I think its Insight bonus should be typed as a Hallowed bonus or something instead, something that stacks with gear.

Divine Agility would work the same as Divine Might, but the CHA mod is added to DEX instead, however, it requires your Elf or Sun Elf character to have Grace enhancement to unlock this ability.

Divine Endurance would work the same as above, but the CHA mod is added to CON instead, yet it would require your Dwarf character to have the Throw Your Weight Around enhancement to unlock this ability.

What do you think?

unbongwah
03-31-2014, 11:50 AM
TBH, I think they should've left Div Might as a flat dmg bonus rather than turning it into a STR bonus, in part so it would remain useful to non-STR-based builds; but changing it back would break all the tactics builds (inc. mine) which rely on DM to hit useful DCs. :(

droid327
03-31-2014, 12:22 PM
What about a Monk who wants a WIS bonus or a PDK who wants a CHA bonus?

Honestly it would be simpler to just turn it back in to a straight damage bonus rather than accomplishing that through stats, and then just add a flat bonus to tactical DCs or something to make up for the difference.

Nodoze
03-31-2014, 12:55 PM
Do you have a Dwarf or Elven Paladin or Cleric that would rather fight enemies with axes & bows or use your deity's favored weapon in combat? Yet Divine Might only grants a bonus to your character's STR while you would rather use your character's DEX or CON for weapon damage instead?

I have an idea that, instead of one version of Divine Might, you have a selection of THREE versions of the ability.

Version one: Divine Might
Version two: Divine Agility
Version three: Divine Endurance

TBH, I think they should've left Div Might as a flat dmg bonus rather than turning it into a STR bonus, in part so it would remain useful to non-STR-based builds; but changing it back would break all the tactics builds (inc. mine) which rely on DM to hit useful DCs. :(To be "fair" you would also need one that boosts damage for Charisma damage PDKs...

May also want a Wisdom Version for those few Divine weapon situations.

Hard choices.

For simplicity/fairness and build diversity I would also recommend it going back to a straight damage bonus.

Good point that it would hurt Tactics builds currently leveraging the strength focus including one of my current favorite characters so that would bite for me personally... That being said I would like the build diversity and get over it and LR or TR to something else...