PDA

View Full Version : repeater / arti splash?

RoguemcStabby
03-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Is it possible to build a 2 arti / 18 rogue repeater build while having viable DPS for EH / EE content?

Are there any pros to 20 rogue? 2 arti would be primarily for the conjure bolts, seeing as they cannot be UMD'd.

waryJerry
03-18-2014, 04:17 PM
I think you need 5 levels of artificer to do endless fusillade, which is really worth having if your repeating crossbow is going to be your weapon of choice.

RoguemcStabby
03-18-2014, 04:19 PM
I think you need 5 levels of artificer to do endless fusillade, which is really worth having if your repeating crossbow is going to be your weapon of choice.

then, probably 7 arti / 13 rogue would be a split that makes sense... idk for sure though, i'll have to give it some thought.

waryJerry
03-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Just a question: why do both artificer and rogue? I would think there's too much overlap to make the combo really worthwhile? I could easily be wrong on this because I've never really played a rogue in an in-depth way.

RoguemcStabby
03-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Just a question: why do both artificer and rogue? I would think there's too much overlap to make the combo really worthwhile? I could easily be wrong on this because I've never really played a rogue in an in-depth way.

lol.. well.. 2 arti gets you conjure bolts, which is a hell of a lot more convenient than buying bolts every time you need them..

If the scrolls worked with UMD, then I would probably go pure rogue..

All the sneak attack damage would make repeaters worth it.. I think.
It would also keep squishy rogues out of the battle for the most part.

waryJerry
03-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Except for sneak attack and evasion an artificer can do everything a rogue can and both are probably equally squishy. Personally, I'd combine an artificer with a tougher, more gristly melee class and skip the rogue entirely. Though, I'm assuming you have an existing rogue character you're still working on that you want to make more effective with repeaters?

Myrddinman
03-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Is it possible to build a 2 arti / 18 rogue repeater build while having viable DPS for EH / EE content?

Are there any pros to 20 rogue? 2 arti would be primarily for the conjure bolts, seeing as they cannot be UMD'd.

Yes, you can build for it. I went 10 Rogue/6 Ranger/4 Artificer

10 Rogue:
- Decent SA
- Improved Evasion
- Improved Uncanny Dodge
- Intelligence to Repeater damage
- Great Trapping skills
- Tons of Skill Points
- UMD

6 Ranger:
- Most ranged feats (only needing PBS, IPS, and IC: Ranged)
- Sniper Shot, Leg Shot, Aimed Shot, Head Shot, Inferno Shot, and Improved Archer's Focus, and Thrill of the Hunt (all work with Repeaters)
- Manyshot (hey, who doesn't have a Pinion now...well I don't on this character, as Needle was more important)

4 Artificer:
- Bonus feat
- Insightful Strikes (short duration, but plenty of SP's to recast as needed)
- Endless Fusilade
- Repair Light (Warforged, and with good Repair Spellpower, I can crit for about 45)
- Elemental Weapons
- Rune Arm: supplemental elemental damage, craftable, and various other bonuses depending on item

Playstyle is a little challenging at first, trying to coordinate all the different active shots and reloading. But once you get it down it is a ton of fun :)

You only need 4 levels of Artificer for EF.

Toro12
03-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Arti splash for a couple spells and the most important thing a way to use the off hand.

The rune arm itself tends to do weak damage with just a splash but being able to add effects in another slot is really nice.
Sure conjure bolts is great but being able to have something like healing amp & Deathblock plus some extra light damage from what would be an otherwise dead slot is awesome

---
Edit: oops forgot to add deathblock , 20%heal amp , light damage to Xbow AND silver dr bypass.
Tiar's splendor rocks

RoguemcStabby
03-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Arti splash for a couple spells and the most important thing a way to use the off hand.

The rune arm itself tends to do weak damage with just a splash but being able to add effects in another slot is really nice.
Sure conjure bolts is great but being able to have something like healing amp & Deathblock plus some extra light damage from what would be an otherwise dead slot is awesome

---
Edit: oops forgot to add deathblock , 20%heal amp , light damage to Xbow AND silver dr bypass.
Tiar's splendor rocks

Tira's splendor should be an interesting farm lol... looks like it is worth getting though..

I have 2 rogue past lives, ended up TRing into a Shadar-Kai, going 2 art / 5 rang / 13 rog... and will see how the build holds up.... crafted a +4 WoP heavy repeater and it seems to be mowing most things down for now.

Sadly, only have a hand of the tombs as an offhand.