PDA

View Full Version : Brd18Rog2 vs Brd18Rog1Clr1

GrantAnderson
03-14-2014, 02:12 PM
I (possibly foolishly) decided I wanted to make a THF (with enough Strength for Overwhelming Crit, then raising Charisma) Bard 18/Rogue 2 (for trapping and evasion; I solo - mainly Heroic Normal/Hard and Epic Normal) with the level 18 core abilities in both Warchanter and Spellsinger, and then topped it off by planning to take the Mark of Finding (committing another 12AP). That left at most 6AP to play with in the 5th tier of either Warchanter or Spellsinger, so I took Spellsinger tier 5 abilities, and was fairly happy with the build.

Then I wondered if it was worth dropping back to one Rogue level, adding a Cleric level, and rocking the Divine Might. The trade-off is basically Evasion and 4AP of Tier 5 abilities (only 2 AP left after getting Dragonmark for 12AP, 31AP in each Bard line, and 4AP for Divine Might) for some amount of Strength - I'm pretty sure I can get my Charisma in the 30-40 range in the higher Heroic levels without too much hassle, so at that point it'll be 10-15 Strength, and that does seem substantial. On the other hand, I do like the survivability of Evasion.

I would welcome advice! (Let's just pretend that I have a character flaw that requires me to build for trapping, and to spend 74 AP on getting the dragonmark and level 18 core abilities, which I realise is probably a little sub-optimal, and go from there :) )

unbongwah
03-14-2014, 02:16 PM
You might want to look at Chai's thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424103-Str-based-THF-melee-bard-New-Player-Friendly).