PDA

View Full Version : A strong pure wiz build (Something deadly)

BubbaX321
03-12-2014, 06:47 PM
I have 32 point build and i have VIP but whats a good pure wiz build

I saw necro builds but i want something maybe elemental if that makes it better.

(I have no idea if the necro build is good though)

redraider
03-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Three suggestions

Pure wizzy warforged (or if not available human) with max int and max con, whatever on anything else. Lvl 1-20 this is powerful just cause it is.

Wiz 18/2 Rog warforged (or if not available human) with max int and max con, rest in dex about as fun as it get lvl 1-20

End Game Power - Only one real build with wizzy - pure 20 drow (or sun elf) pure necro with max int and max con, whatever on anything else

Sharadi is better sorc based

You can look for eldritch knight builds if you want melee with wizzy, but meh...

unbongwah
03-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I saw necro builds but i want something maybe elemental if that makes it better.

(I have no idea if the necro build is good though)
As a general rule of thumb: if you want raw elemental DPS, you make a sorc; if you want a CC and/or instakill-focused caster you make a wiz (Archmage / Palemaster). Not that wizs can't or shouldn't use elemental spells, ofc, but they don't get the dmg bonuses nor huge SP pools that sorcs do. I suppose if you want to be different, you could do, say, a Force-specced Evocation Archmage / Eldritch Knight; but that's not an approach I'd recommend to a newbie.

Warforged are good for either class because they can self-Repair and get various survivability bonuses (like immunity to Hold and energy drain). Although if you make a Pale Master, pretty much any race will do, since you'll be relying on undead form + Necro spells to keep yourself (un)healed. I'd say human & drow are your best PM options among fleshy (non-Iconic) races: human for the extra feat, skill pts, and +1 INT enh; or drow for +4 INT and +1 Enchant DCs. Elves can get +3 Spell Pen, +1 Enchant DCs, and Feywild Tap; but you have to spend 5 APs on "filler" from the elf tree to unlock those bonuses. The best PM race is sun elf (Morninglords (http://ddowiki.com/page/Morninglord_enhancements)) b/c they get the best of drow & regular elves: +4 INT, +3 Spell Pen, +1 Enchant DCs, Feywild Tap, with only 2 APs wasted on filler. But that's not something I'd plan on for a newbie, either.

Ancient
03-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Sharadi is better sorc based

I disagree with this... really disagree with it.

The OP did say pure wiz, and I would agree that a sharadi wiz is best splashed... but I think they can go toe to toe with a sorc.