PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) Monday, March 10th

Cordovan
03-07-2014, 12:18 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, March 10th from 6:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch Update 21: Legendary Halls. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Dandonk
03-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Yay, gimme shinies and moar shinies!

redspecter23
03-07-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm wondering if there has been any word on the pricing of the new packs. Are they going to be available in the DDO store? What is the TP cost? Will there be a package deal with both together for a discount? Will we have to wait until the update goes live and check the store ourselves to find out?

mpetrarca
03-07-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm wondering if there has been any word on the pricing of the new packs. Are they going to be available in the DDO store? What is the TP cost? Will there be a package deal with both together for a discount? Will we have to wait until the update goes live and check the store ourselves to find out?

It almost seems that Turbine is afraid to tell the price of the 2 new packs. The price must be fairly high to be so secretive about it, from automobiles, I-Phones and almost anything else the price is fairly well know prior to launch.

Uska
03-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Doesn't sound as if VIPs will be getting a couple days early access either.

arkonas
03-07-2014, 12:49 PM
im hoping they will tell us because it will tell us if we need more points or if we have enough. i never understood this tactic to wait until the day it comes out. my thoughts i would rather have the customer thinking of what he wants to buy, but meh that is just me.

knightgf
03-07-2014, 01:02 PM
PLEASE tell me that the anniversary gifts will not be rolled out in this update, considering it was pulled from Lamannia.

Erofen
03-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I have heard that the bundle is 1000 TP in the DDO Store. It is completely 'free' to VIPs. Generally the first week it is out only vips have access, but I hope this is not the case.

Erofen
03-07-2014, 01:14 PM
PLEASE tell me that the anniversary gifts will not be rolled out in this update, considering it was pulled from Lamannia.
It will be. It was pulled from lammania because of an exploit found to figure out most of the prizes before the event went live.

imTonE
03-07-2014, 01:22 PM

It would be nice to get some sort of official word on this before the weekend.

UurlockYgmeov
03-07-2014, 01:53 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, March 10th from 6:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch Update 21: Legendary Halls. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

thank for the communication!

looking forward to the shineys!

have a brilliant weekend!

Aloka
03-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Gonna go on record and say that downtime lasts past 11am EST.

die
03-07-2014, 03:24 PM
im hoping they will tell us because it will tell us if we need more points or if we have enough. I never understood this tactic to wait until the day it comes out. My thoughts i would rather have the customer thinking of what he wants to buy, but meh that is just me.

"I " why the Hell wont the word I stay capitalized?

die
03-07-2014, 03:29 PM
It will be. It was pulled from lammania because of an exploit found to figure out most of the prizes before the event went live.

It was hardly a exploit, those of us on the Devchat channel, just communicated to each other about what we got and the combinations that simple someone wrote the report and posted it.

CaptainSpacePony
03-07-2014, 03:46 PM
It almost seems that Turbine is afraid to tell the price of the 2 new packs. The price must be fairly high to be so secretive about it, from automobiles, I-Phones and almost anything else the price is fairly well know prior to launch.

I suspect the "secrecy" has more to do w/being overworked/distracted in light of recent "work force" adjustments.

redspecter23
03-07-2014, 03:51 PM
I suspect the "secrecy" has more to do w/being overworked/distracted in light of recent "work force" adjustments.

Well it's the end of a work day on Friday and this goes live Monday morning. I really want to think they've hammered out the prices by now. Not telling us is secrecy, even if they simply forgot (which I don't believe for a second)

toaftoaf
03-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Let the new bugs begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt_Hart
03-07-2014, 05:38 PM
im hoping they will tell us because it will tell us if we need more points or if we have enough. i never understood this tactic to wait until the day it comes out. my thoughts i would rather have the customer thinking of what he wants to buy, but meh that is just me.

I have heard that the bundle is 1000 TP in the DDO Store. It is completely 'free' to VIPs. Generally the first week it is out only vips have access, but I hope this is not the case.

See, this is a missed opportunity by turbine right there..

Free to VIP, Guess passes for first few day's. Pack available in store after (2d4 -1) day's.

Erofen
03-07-2014, 07:05 PM
It was hardly a exploit, those of us on the Devchat channel, just communicated to each other about what we got and the combinations that simple someone wrote the report and posted it.
no the exploit to get lots of these cards to do these combinations in like 5 minutes talked about on 'the site'. it should be fixed by now, but knowing turbine it will probably leak onto live for a short time.

Brendael
03-10-2014, 06:16 AM
Let the new bugs begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that while it won't be bug free, we'll see less bugs in this release and less patches to fix patches to fix patches that broke stuff. The fact that they were willing to postpone the release for a week and a half (Presumably to polish things off) bodes well.

Loromir
03-10-2014, 07:33 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that while it won't be bug free, we'll see less bugs in this release and less patches to fix patches to fix patches that broke stuff. The fact that they were willing to postpone the release for a week and a half (Presumably to polish things off) bodes well.

What is this you say? Postponed????

Grosbeak07
03-10-2014, 07:35 AM

Maybe from the Anniversary date in late February.

Brendael
03-10-2014, 07:36 AM

I speak under correction but I believe that U21 was supposed to be released in time for the DDO anniversary on Feb, 28.

Loromir
03-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Maybe from the Anniversary date in late February.

AHH...OK, thought I had missed something.

MeliCat
03-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Release notes? Cordovan when are they going up?

Cycul
03-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Look forward to the new content, thank you.

Fedora1
03-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Hope all goes well. Haven't paid much attenetion to what is going into this update so looking forward to seeing the release notes.

Nestroy
03-10-2014, 08:17 AM
No rants yet on how long it takes? The forumites are getting lazy as of late...

helpfreak
03-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Oh yeah. Cant wait to see those release notes. I have seen the lamania notes but still cant wait for the official U21 :D

HungarianRhapsody
03-10-2014, 08:26 AM
So long, VoN3. We hardly knew ya!

(Thank you for the bonus XP over the weekend so we could give VoN3 the send-off it deserved. I'm pretty sure that 2 out of every 3 LFMs posted last night was for that quest.)

Cordovan
03-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Release Notes! (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-21-release-notes)

Fedora1
03-10-2014, 08:32 AM

Awesome, thank you! :)

donblas
03-10-2014, 08:34 AM

Wow Many thanks Cordovan. I was expecting them in a couple of hours.

Now I have something to read while awaiting the Grand Opening!

Excitement builds...

Hiponic
03-10-2014, 08:34 AM

Question.. probly wrong forum. are the crafting pots i have in my inventory going to be update with the update or still be the old 15 minn ones?

Nestroy
03-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Thank you for the notes. Checking immediately...

kierg10
03-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Doesn't sound as if VIPs will be getting a couple days early access either.

Good, that is a stupid advantage to give to VIPs.

As a VIP I want my non-VIP friends to be able to run the content first day on so I can play it with them.

I don't want me and the other 5 VIPs to be the only ones running it.

Gizeh
03-10-2014, 08:43 AM
*Grumble, grumble* downtime during European afternoon time *grumble*

(I noticed nobody else has complained about that yet, so I figured it's my turn today) :p

kierg10
03-10-2014, 08:45 AM

(I noticed nobody else has complained about that yet, so I figured it's my turn today) :p

lol of course it was you sizz :P

I always knew you were a complainer ;)

katz
03-10-2014, 08:47 AM

oh there's already a grumble thread going here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437642-Just-for-the-go%C2%B4ol%C2%B4traditions-Why-does-the-update-take-sooo-long). i already griped about "downtime during my prime playtime" issue. XD

Tom.JonesJr
03-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Is this EST time or Daylight Savings Time? For the down time listed.

Fedora1
03-10-2014, 08:59 AM

Well it has about 1 hour to go from right now (officially) so whichever that is, EST/DST.

Hiponic
03-10-2014, 09:01 AM
ya got like a hour... is it daylight savings alrready?

Shorlong
03-10-2014, 09:07 AM

EST. If it were daylight savings time, it would be EDT.

silinteresting
03-10-2014, 09:08 AM
i may of missed it but it dosent say in the release notes the cost of
the new packs to non vips.

my vip runs out at 3pm my time in 51 minutes as of writing this and
cant be renewd for a couple of weeks but i have a couple of thousand
points i can spend is this gonna be enough?

im a little worried but with no news on cost i get the feeling that each pack
is gonna be a around 2k points each and they just dont want to tell yet.
i hope im wrong.

anyway enough of my ramblings
your friend sil :)

Cordovan
03-10-2014, 09:11 AM
The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!

Fedora1
03-10-2014, 09:15 AM

What!? How is this possible? It's, it's, it's too early!! :p

Wish I was home and not at work. :(

RTFM
why is it Cordovan always brings good news?

Nestroy

Now, this has been fast. Still updating, though.

Is the shop online, too? (Checking for new packs...)

Fedora1
03-10-2014, 09:16 AM
why is it Cordovan always brings good news?

Because he's da man!

Dandonk
03-10-2014, 09:19 AM

Before time and all, not bad :)

donblas
03-10-2014, 09:22 AM
the worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!

Whaaaaaaaaat!!!!!?????????? Yay!!!!

kierg10
03-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Every time I click agree to the required akamai net client thing my launcher stops working (as in stops responding), so what is up with that?

kierg10
03-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Nevermind it just took about 5 minutes for the firewall thing to pop up....

oldkraft2
03-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Monster Manual and Wilderness Area slayer counts no longer update until a player logs out and then logs back in.

wha'? no

right --- aprils fools day coming --... ehh - youre kidding, right ? ----
ofc you are ....
??

Fedora1
03-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Monster Manual and Wilderness Area slayer counts no longer update until a player logs out and then logs back in.

wha'? no

right --- aprils fools day coming --... ehh - youre kidding, right ? ----
ofc you are ....
??

Cordovan clarified in another thread, it is the Adventure Compendium that won't update until log off/on. The adventure area UI will still update the slayer count as per normal.

PhotoRob
03-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Every time I click agree to the required akamai net client thing my launcher stops working (as in stops responding), so what is up with that?

I had the same problem, with the same stupidly long delay before the launcher would start updating.

And... uninstalled Akemai before the forward iterations are even halfway done. Wouldn't it have been easier on everybody to just not install this unneeded garbage on my computer?

Erofen
03-10-2014, 09:34 AM
"Monster Manual slayer counts and Wilderness Area slayer counts in the Adventure Compendium no longer update until a player logs out and then logs back in. This change was made to improve game performance."
Please no... after spending forever trying to slay stuff and figure out how much you have left to do, you now have to wait on extremely slow log in times/crashes. I don't think i am the only person here who has gone hours just slaying one type of MM creature, so this would be a major pain to deal with.

P.S. Same issue with favor from challenges, etc.

Dandonk
03-10-2014, 09:35 AM
"Monster Manual slayer counts and Wilderness Area slayer counts in the Adventure Compendium no longer update until a player logs out and then logs back in. This change was made to improve game performance."
Please no... after spending forever trying to slay stuff and figure out how much you have left to do, you now have to wait on extremely slow log in times/crashes. I don't think i am the only person here who has gone hours just slaying one type of MM creature, so this would be a major pain to deal with.

P.S. Same issue with favor from challenges, etc.

Cordovan clarified in another thread, it is the Adventure Compendium that won't update until log off/on. The adventure area UI will still update the slayer count as per normal.

It's not that huge a deal.

lyrecono
03-10-2014, 09:42 AM
No rants yet on how long it takes? The forumites are getting lazy as of late...

we stopped caring...

on another note:

Players updating their DDO clients will now utilize the Akamai Netsession service with peer-to-peer technology disabled. Players will need to accept the Akamai EULA in order to update their clients.

i'm at work atm, i cant check the EULA but does this mean we're installing spyware?
Does this mean we can't play DDO with out having this runing in the background gathering and sending info to parties unknown?

Erofen
03-10-2014, 09:46 AM
"What Goes UpThe number of orcs in the final stage of the boss fight have been halved on hard and elite difficulty.
No Shadar-kai appear in the first phase of the boss fight.
Orcs now appear in the last phase of the boss fight on Normal difficulty.
Only one pillarless Shadovar will wander from her post at a time.
Half the Shadar-kai are now hammer-wielding Blackguards."

What Goes Up
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 8,462
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 15,854
Previous Base XP on Epic Normal: 30,928
New Base XP on Epic Normal: 61,110

These are very welcome changes! Thanks! :)

"Rogue AssassinVenomed Blades will no longer prevent Rogue Assassinate from working."
Rogue love! Thanks! :)

"Typing more than 250 characters will no longer delete the first characters typed. Instead, you will be prevented from typing more."
This is the best news yet! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!! :D

Hiponic
03-10-2014, 09:54 AM
I cant even install the new update.. the spyware wont initialize to begin the install..

Flavilandile
03-10-2014, 09:55 AM
I had the same problem, with the same stupidly long delay before the launcher would start updating.

And... uninstalled Akemai before the forward iterations are even halfway done. Wouldn't it have been easier on everybody to just not install this unneeded garbage on my computer?

It will reinstall itself behind the splash screen the next time you start the launcher.

Flavilandile
03-10-2014, 09:57 AM
i'm at work atm, i cant check the EULA but does this mean we're installing spyware?
Does this mean we can't play DDO with out having this runing in the background gathering and sending info to parties unknown?

PyLOTRO works well without Akamai... now I haven't checked how to update/patch the game with PyLOTRO...
I only know ( because I tested it on the Lammania build ) that it works fine with Akamai uninstalled and/or killed ( and made not executable )

Hiponic
03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Works fine im just dumb (Run as admin) yep..

PhotoRob
03-10-2014, 10:03 AM
It will reinstall itself behind the splash screen the next time you start the launcher.

Well, in that case, I expect payment from Turbine to have this thing running and transmitting god-only-knows-what to god-only-knows-who.

Full_Bleed
03-10-2014, 10:07 AM
PyLOTRO works well without Akamai... now I haven't checked how to update/patch the game with PyLOTRO...
I only know ( because I tested it on the Lammania build ) that it works fine with Akamai uninstalled and/or killed ( and made not executable )

We need a guide on how to use PyLOTRO with DDO. Anything out there?

Nascoe
03-10-2014, 10:28 AM

Wouldn't be surprised to see its your firewall that blocks the akemai thing from pulling data in and sending out that stops the launcher update there. Did you check that?

hp1055cm
03-10-2014, 10:47 AM

Might I humbly suggest that you include this part "Update 21: Legendary Halls" in the thread title.

Awesome. Much appreciated.

Flavilandile
03-10-2014, 10:51 AM
We need a guide on how to use PyLOTRO with DDO. Anything out there?

I'll try to work on that... But it's pretty straightforward... at least to play the game.
I still need to check if the game can be updated with it.

BigPapi
03-10-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm in the never ending "Installing Pre-Reqs" screen of death and have been for over an hour now...

BigPapi
03-10-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm in the never ending "Installing Pre-Reqs" screen of death and have been for over an hour now...

Windows h8 FYI...

Saitiss
03-10-2014, 11:49 AM
I think my short life of mac user ddo player just ended... akamai :(

Canterbury
03-10-2014, 11:52 AM
If/when my update is completed, should the Akamai NetSession be removed/disabled/deleted?

Krelar
03-10-2014, 12:01 PM
If/when my update is completed, should the Akamai NetSession be removed/disabled/deleted?

Yes.

Of course it will just reinstall itself the next time you launch the game......

Flavilandile
03-10-2014, 12:09 PM

Yes.

Of course it will just reinstall itself the next time you launch the game......

Or said another way : unless you really don't want it on your computer and use alternate methods, it is MANDATORY to have it INSTALLED and RUNNING ( all the time ) to be able to play DDO.

Side note : Testing the PyLOTRO updating process right now...I'll do a write up once it has finished and I have checked things works fine.

Full_Bleed
03-10-2014, 03:03 PM
First, I want to say that this update looks great. Far more interesting than SF.

However, after pando I do hesitate to trust Akamai. So when I ran the update I did not "allow" it to put exceptions in my firewall when prompted. It still installed and ran fine. Anyone know if that is a good or bad idea?

Fedora1
03-10-2014, 03:06 PM
So when I ran the update I did not "allow" it to put exceptions in my firewall when prompted. It still installed and ran fine. Anyone know if that is a good or bad idea?

If it worked, sounds like a good idea to me. I was going to create rules to block it, but if you can indeed install it w/o letting it access the Internet that's great.

Cordovan
03-10-2014, 05:04 PM
To keep everyone updated: We are currently working on a fix to address an issue with each of the two new raids, along with a fix to an issue impacting Mac clients. We will provide further information as soon as we can.

patang01
03-10-2014, 05:10 PM
I hope that means a fix to all the damn red named inside that wilderness. Holy **** what a total mess. Found the Emissary - killed me and all hirelings with 800+ damage spells. I mean seriously, how can something like this come out of lam? Not to mention almost all other red named hits for absurd amount of damage. I can self heal with some of them but this leaves out half of my toons from even doing the wilderness. This is idiotic.

stoopid_cowboy
03-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Like I said numerous times on the Llama forums, bad testing = bad results.

rest
03-10-2014, 05:24 PM
To keep everyone updated: We are currently working on a fix to address an issue with each of the two new raids, along with a fix to an issue impacting Mac clients. We will provide further information as soon as we can.

Hopefully you're cutting the cord with your P2P bedfellows too.

arkonas
03-10-2014, 05:38 PM
I hope that means a fix to all the damn red named inside that wilderness. Holy **** what a total mess. Found the Emissary - killed me and all hirelings with 800+ damage spells. I mean seriously, how can something like this come out of lam? Not to mention almost all other red named hits for absurd amount of damage. I can self heal with some of them but this leaves out half of my toons from even doing the wilderness. This is idiotic.

so you're complaining something hits you hard? really? then try some tactics. you gotta remember this area is becoming the new "end area" so yeah i want them to murder us. gotta learn tactics man.

lunaticcat
03-10-2014, 06:11 PM

its a challenge - so what if the boss hits hard, we hit hard back as well - its beatable, and using a little strategy you can survive just fine.

These are not supposed to be simple raids, nor should the challenge to get to them be a walk in the park...

Shorlong
03-10-2014, 07:56 PM

It isn't idiotic. It's a raid area for end game. I'm not one of those who says "the game is too easy" very often, in fact, I only have two toons I could do EEs with reliably....and even then not solo...but I honestly thought the Emissary was a little to weak when I solo'ed. This is a higher tier person underneat Aurgloroasa, they should be difficult. I honestly think it should take a full party to take down. But, as it stands, it is beaten even by melee (my barb on lam) with tactics.