PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dragon Helm/Armor really necessary?

Zer0AcmE
03-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Looking to get feedback here from the FvS community, is having a the Blue Dragon set really necessary? As far as I can tell the only REAL benefit is +15 Artifact bonus from set. For the most part everything else is pretty much covered in some other form on other items.

Why not a combination of Red Dragon Helm (Increase caster level on fire spells by 3) along with EE Leaves of the Forest (+3 Wis, +3 Con, 150% Fort).

Just want to know if there is something I'm missing here or if people use other combos and why?

EllisDee37
03-05-2014, 12:41 PM
The blue combo used to be great before arcane lore got nerfed into the ground. Now? Not so much. The helm is okay but the armor kind of sucks. (Says the guy with fully upgraded blue armor.)

Wipey
03-05-2014, 12:54 PM
EE Leaves and Shade's Hood with 250 sp and Good Luck on my cleric.
It's medium so 10 dodge on belt.

1 DC on armour with u 21 will bring new gear puzzle, depending on wisdom on that Radiance ring.
11 wisdom is on goggles so maybe 3 wis helm will be necessary again.

Matuse
03-05-2014, 01:07 PM
In the grand scheme of things, 15 spellpower is not make or break. Rarely is there any item which has one single attribute that says "ZOMG GOTTA HAVE IT!", for me it's a combination of things.

Blue set gives 40 electrical resist, Spell Pen III, 15 artifact spellpower, +3 to Wis or Cha, Spell Lore and 80 Universal Spellpower for off-brand spells that you don't have a specific item for, and and some slots.

You have to look at the totality of what your other options are. Leaves of the Forest takes care of your exceptional Con/Wis, and Fort, then whatever helmet you choose gives whatever that helmet does. Does that compare? Up to you.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Sage's Skullcap. Big boost to light damage that doesn't occupy one of your hands, 110% Fort (good enough for me), and a yellow slot for whatever.

SirValentine
03-05-2014, 08:07 PM
EE Leaves and Shade's Hood with 250 sp and Good Luck on my cleric.

Leaves of the Forest here as well, and...

Personally, I'm a fan of the Sage's Skullcap. Big boost to light damage that doesn't occupy one of your hands, 110% Fort (good enough for me), and a yellow slot for whatever.

...this on my head in my current setup.

1 DC on armour with u 21 will bring new gear puzzle, depending on wisdom on that Radiance ring.
11 wisdom is on goggles so maybe 3 wis helm will be necessary again.

Was thinking along the same lines...new armor for a DC, move 3 Wis to Blue helmet, and move Radiance/Lore to the new ring.