PDA

View Full Version : So Long and Thanks For All the Fish!

SqueakofDoom
02-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Hello Lamannians,

I have had a blast being the Lamannia Coordinator; however, it is time for me to move on. In a few short days I will start driving out to Seattle. I will miss everyone greatly. Please help Kookie and the devs continue to improve DDO.

Smiles,
Squeak

sebastianosmith
02-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Sorry you have to be moooooving on! :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GoWLPD2ecpQ/TPPH2vOc3-I/AAAAAAAAA8g/43fb5nA__M0/s1600/funny-dolphin-cow.jpg

Many thanks for all your work. You will be missed.

Take care and all the best to you and yours.

merridyan
02-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Hello Lamannians,

I have had a blast being the Lamannia Coordinator; however, it is time for me to move on. In a few short days I will start driving out to Seattle. I will miss everyone greatly. Please help Kookie and the devs continue to improve DDO.

Smiles,
Squeak

Seattle is a great city! You will like it here. So what company are you moving to? Valve is out here and I hear they are a great company to work for.

Scraap
02-28-2014, 05:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EEBFdNd.jpg

Marupal
02-28-2014, 05:29 PM
That's sad to hear Squeak. :(

ty for everything you've done.

Bladedge
02-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Take care Squeak :(

Momsboys
02-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

Bye Squeak! You will be missed! A lot! D: Who's taking over? D: This is really sad!

DagazUlf
02-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Take care Squeak, and remember that not all goldfish you win at the fair are edible.

Impaqt
02-28-2014, 06:05 PM
IBCCT! (In before Cordovan closes the thread).

We'll Miss ya Squeak! Best of luck!

Texlaw1992
02-28-2014, 06:24 PM
We'll miss you. Good luck and safe travels Squeak!

Coldin
02-28-2014, 06:24 PM
So long Squeak! Good luck with all your future adventures!

UurlockYgmeov
02-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

:( sad to see you go!
:) hope and trust that the future is bright (:cool:)

and cannot count to 42 without you!

BONUM FORTUNA!

Shorlong
02-28-2014, 06:54 PM
*ahem*

I believe that goodbye posts are forbidden on the forums. So, that being said...

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/27545/1975034-thanks_for_playing_screen__mario_kart_double_dash_ __.png

No, but seriously, you were awesome during the dev events for the past year or so, and during the raid runs. Hope the future for you is bright! Take care, and don't forget your towel!

PsychoBlonde
02-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Aww, I am sad. Nobody poos ingredients everywhere the way Squeak does. It just won't be the same.

katz
02-28-2014, 07:07 PM
gah! noooooooo :(

toaftoaf
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
while ive only been a Lamannian once or twice, my first time playing the game was Lamannians FTP beta, good fun. at the time the FtP beta ran beter then the live version. i remember because after the beta ended i got a cd code and started playnig live and SOO many things where not the same. so thanks for dealing with Lamannian back then it did get me into the game and all my friends.

take care, good luck and when on the plain NEVER eat the fish even if his name is Abe Vigoda

Ungood
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Bye Squeek, and Good Luck wherever you travel! My your road be bright and full of adventure!

TFPAQ
02-28-2014, 08:07 PM
I just spent the week in Seattle training some of our accounts. Mid-50s and sunshine ... everyone told me to not believe it (they say it rains 200 days per year), but the Cascades and the Sound were breath taking.

Hit Pike Place Chowder ASAP down by the public market. Trust me on that.

Pet the puppy in the shop as well (Sarah or Sadie - sorry not very good on remembering women's names - ask my current wife!)

Best of luck to you!

TromboneFireTurtle
02-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Goodbye Squeak, it won't be the same without you :(

thomascoolone64
02-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

OMG OMG Nooo Squeeaaakkk Ill miss you more than these guys pleeassee dont go!!! :'((((

raypal
02-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Don't forget your WD40!!!!!

Yo

Stoner81
02-28-2014, 09:29 PM
your complimentary Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster before you leave, you simply can't leave here with your brain cells intact!

Stoner81.

Vordax
02-28-2014, 10:06 PM
I just spent the week in Seattle training some of our accounts. Mid-50s and sunshine ... everyone told me to not believe it (they say it rains 200 days per year), but the Cascades and the Sound were breath taking.

Hit Pike Place Chowder ASAP down by the public market. Trust me on that.

Pet the puppy in the shop as well (Sarah or Sadie - sorry not very good on remembering women's names - ask my current wife!)

Best of luck to you!

Doesn't rain that much. But it is cloudy 200 days-ish per year. Seattle doesn't even make the top 100 list for rainiest.

http://www.city-data.com/top2/c462.html

Top is a city in Washington but its not Seattle.

Tyrande
02-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

Bye Squeak! Hope you find lots of kobold treats at Seattle!

How do kobolds kiss goodbye? We'll miss you leading the testing sessions.

Calonderial
02-28-2014, 10:37 PM
AAaaawwww, so sorry to see you go man, we will miss you
Best of luck in all your future endeavours though

Memnir
02-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the work and dedication, Squeak. :)

If you drive via 90, take a trip into the Badlands if you can. It's a great break from the monotony of the Plains, and is simply an amazing driving tour. Just don't do what my wife and I did - and do it in the U-Haul.

Seattle is a great town. We've been here since 2001, and it was love from the start. Best of luck with the new job. Lots of fantastic companies out here to work for, and whomever you will be joining will be lucky to have you.

Happy trails.

MeliCat
02-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

Bye Squeak. It was lovely to have you on Lamm and other non-Lamm stuff. Thank you for all the help. Hope you have a great time in Seattle :)

die
02-28-2014, 11:06 PM
Doom wear it Proudly

Firewall
03-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Thank you for your work and good luck for your future.

Seikojin
03-01-2014, 01:48 AM
It is always sad to see a good, dedicated member of the team move on. I hope I hear where you land when you get up here. Glad to see soo many fellow Washingtonians on the forums. Bummer they don't play on Sarlona. LOL

count_spicoli
03-01-2014, 04:09 AM
Several devs get laid off, producer rowan leaves and now squeak is gone. Looks like a skeleton crew over there. Is this thing getting close to the end or what?

SirShen
03-01-2014, 04:21 AM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

OMG this is sad news. You will be missed. Thanks for all the items you gave to me on Lama.

Rys
03-01-2014, 05:39 AM
Sad to see you go :(

Best of luck in your future endeavours!

Madja
03-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Will miss you Squeak! Best of luck in Seattle though!

irnimnode
03-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Will hate to see you go but hope you are moving on to bigger and better places wishing you all the luck in the world. You have done us all great service and i for one greatly appreciate all that you have done.

Hendrik
03-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Take care +Squeak!!!

Was a pleasure to work with you on ML and many fond memories.

Hope you will keep NPT alive and well in your new position!

/respect!

slarden
03-01-2014, 09:54 AM
thank you for everything!

Shorlong
03-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Several devs get laid off, producer rowan leaves and now squeak is gone. Looks like a skeleton crew over there. Is this thing getting close to the end or what?

There's always that guy....can you spew your doom in a different thread? Kthxbye.

danotmano1998
03-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Squeak, thanks for all your hard work on DDO.

Seattle is great. Welcome to the rainy side of earth.

Missing_Minds
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
IBL

Have fun, Squeeker!

Wurmwood
03-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Seattle is a great place to work, I have family there. There are a few breweries you should try as well ;) I wish you the best!

knightgf
03-01-2014, 09:06 PM
When you get there, make sure you share all your Turbine horror stories to Gaben. He will probably sympathize with you.

Dawnsfire
03-01-2014, 10:40 PM
So long Squeak. Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet!

waryJerry
03-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Real Northwesterners--I mean those of us born out here--tell everyone else in the country that it's awful out here and discourage others from moving here. Be that as it may, I hope you've found a good company to work for. Working in the video/computer gaming industry these days must be a pretty nomadic life so good luck.

Kace
03-02-2014, 01:20 AM
Aww, I always intended to go in on a Lama event raid, but I never found the time, probably a life lesson there somewhere. Lama was wonderfully done on your watch, Kookie has an impossible task keeping it going, but good luck to the bpth of you. I always thought Seattle would be a nice place to live, casual culture. If you're back in a customer facing game position you'll have to give a secret kobold signal so we can keep tabs on you. That's a long drive, I hope you've got enoigh time to stop and explore the country as you go.

Nascoe
03-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Lets add to that the revised opening hours for telephone and in-game support that was posted today by Cold Blue - https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437254-Support-Hours#post5269689

LightBear
03-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

This sentence is usual to appear up somewhere in goodbye threads so might as well post it here:
Can I have your stuffs?

;)

So long and take care.

TheLegendOfAra
03-03-2014, 02:11 AM
Goodbye my friend. All the best.

sudzz
03-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

Sad to see you go Squeak, but good luck with the move and all the best for the future, don't forget to log in once in a while to keep in touch with us all though :-)

Saaluta
03-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Sorry to see you go Squeak!! Have fun wherever you end up in the Seattle area and drop us a line if you can :)

Saal :)

whiteline
03-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak

And the Army will miss you

Infiltraitor
03-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Farewell,
Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Tyrande
03-05-2014, 05:04 PM

Producer Rowan is still with Turbine, he did not get laid off.
He just moved back to doing LoTRO instead.

Lagin
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Hello Lamannians,

Smiles,
Squeak
All the best to you Squeak.

Pssst, can I have your shinnies?