PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues: Friday, February 28th

Cordovan
02-28-2014, 01:58 PM
UPDATE 10:00 PM Eastern: At this time most connectivity and performance issues should be resolved. We thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

We are currently investigating log in and in-game performance issues. At this time we believe these are linked to larger Internet issues taking place. Our teams are working to mitigate the impact of these issues as best we can. We will keep you updated.

(Original post): We are currently investigating connection issues that may prevent players from logging into the game. We will keep you updated.

UurlockYgmeov
02-28-2014, 02:01 PM
We are currently investigating connection issues that may prevent players from logging into the game. We will keep you updated.

Tried the following:

restarting after closing launcher.
roomie attempted to log into kyber on my computer; success (albeit laggy)
then I tried logging into another server from my account on my computer - success
then tried logging into khyber on my computer - just sits there.

so this additional information might be helpful - my issues seemingly are tied to my account on khyber (at least my issues).

skorpeon
02-28-2014, 02:02 PM
We are currently investigating connection issues that may prevent players from logging into the game. We will keep you updated.

its much weirder than that. I am in game with others, yet I seem to be in a different time zone, I get quest xp, and have a lot of lag.

I had a pop up for the Pando thing but did not download. I am thinking its not a coincidence.

Flavilandile
02-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Peoples on G-Land are also affected.

Fedora1
02-28-2014, 02:10 PM

Yep Gland for me, issues started less than 10 minutes ago for me. Cant get back in now.

Caprice
02-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Also Sarlona. I can get in eventually, but the game is so laggy that any combat is guaranteed death. I actually died twice the first time, once in a dungeon, and then after I released to an inn I kept taking the damage and died again. On my second attempt at a dungeon I went AFK for a bit after the death to wait long enough for the combat to finish unreeling completely and so only died once. Time to go do something else for a while, I guess.

I tried logging into Argonessen and had similar slow loading and lag issues so I didn't do anything. On a lark I logged into Wayfinder and things seemed fine there, although I didn't stay for long.

skorpeon
02-28-2014, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Fedora1;5268120]Yep Gland for me, issues started less than 10 minutes ago for me. Cant get back in now.[/QUOT

I am in G land also, I could get into guild ship but could not use chat (said I was not in a guild). I logged out, could tell quildmates on the ship (I could see them at least) that I was having issues but they were not.

lain5246
02-28-2014, 02:12 PM
I was playing earlier and was lagging horribly in a quest, so logged of and I checked my connection and it is fine, but it took me 30 min to log back on. now I am in game I cant play because of a horrible connection, but I can load internet pages fine. But my connection meter is green.

Minrothad
02-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Reopening the ddo launcher a couple of times appears to fix this, but the big problem is the lag once you get online.

Zibowskij
02-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Cannith, I cannot play since I move only a few inches per minute. I tried relogging but it takes at least 10 mins to load the chats and hotbars

Bill_Jones
02-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Cannith affected as well, for most of the day. Latency, rubberbanding, freezing for 5-20 seconds, disconnecting from chat server.
Mouseover the connection status icon showed sending/receiving of around 30-50 instead of 500-1000.

shasta_cola
02-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Thelanis, restarted game thinking lag would go easy about an hr ago. now stuck on receiving character data. starts out loading fine then drops to 0.00 kb/s....

Kerthyn
02-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Orien affected too.

Galad1
02-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Am trying to log on to Khyber, but can't get passed the "Receiving Character Data...." step.

borogrove
02-28-2014, 02:30 PM

I uninstalled Pando, and now it works, albeit slower than normal, but logged in in 2 minutes instaed of the 30 minutes i took before the uninstall

lain5246
02-28-2014, 02:32 PM
what ever was done has resolved my issues.

Oshara1
02-28-2014, 02:36 PM
what ever was done has resolved my issues.

Hopefully they do it to Cannith soon as well . .

flexich
02-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Thelanis, restarted game thinking lag would go easy about an hr ago. now stuck on receiving character data. starts out loading fine then drops to 0.00 kb/s....

Hi
Same symptom on cannith for me. Trapped on Receiving character data... screen.

http://152.66.93.27/dndclient%202014-02-28%2021-12-49-93%20cut.jpg

Yalinaa
02-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Connection issues... most fitting anniversary present... ever.:)

I have the same problem on Cannith, very slow loading time, rubberbanding all around, unplayable right now.

sayan
02-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Ghallanda reporting in. Ran Shadowcrypt with a guy from Europe (he was fine in this one), then we hit up Desert Caravan and he was lagging so bad he couldn't move. After the quest was over he went on his way and I went to run HiPS and Rahmat. Then I went to finish up the Sands walk-ups and began to experience the same problems that he had been 30 minutes or so prior (east coast here). My packet loss is showing 15-30% in game or higher at the moment but only to DDO, I have ran several tracerts to different locations. My tracert to the game server from command prompt is fine however.

Flavilandile
02-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Ghallanda reporting in. Ran Shadowcrypt with a guy from Europe (he was fine in this one), then we hit up Desert Caravan and he was lagging so bad he couldn't move. After the quest was over he went on his way and I went to run HiPS and Rahmat. Then I went to finish up the Sands walk-ups and began to experience the same problems that he had been 30 minutes or so prior (east coast here). My packet loss is showing 15-30% in game or higher at the moment but only to DDO, I have ran several tracerts to different locations. My tracert to the game server from command prompt is fine however.

Yeah, I suspect it's an issue with UDP packets only. TCP and ICMP seems to be fine.

vampiregoat69
02-28-2014, 03:03 PM
happened to me in quest earlier today went to move was still green but could not move at all then suddenly BOOM I move just to get stuck again. Now I can't log in at all.

Gabriel_Knight
02-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Khyber at 4:00 PM Eastern New York City. Can login successfully on several toons, but massive packet loss. Around 25-30% constant. Has not dropped below 15% at very lowest.
After login, UI layout and inventory, enchantments, etc. take around 2 minutes to finish loading up.
Walking around/zoning involves a bit of rubberbanding, some stop and go, and repeat zoning.

Unplayable, so logged out.

Chipps
02-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Dito :(

Nascoe
02-28-2014, 03:14 PM
I managed to get onto Cannith a bit earlier (an hour or so back). I tried Orien (lost my daily dice there, never got any reward because it got stuck somewhere), character looked normal, the connection box showed green but I couldn't move, until I suddenly jerked 4 steps backwards.

Also tried Argo, Thelanis and Sarlona - all of them pretty much the same. I do get on, but when there I cannot move, use dialog boxes, nothing.

Ladywolf
02-28-2014, 03:18 PM
initially couldn't get on Khyber. When I did it kept lagging everywhere and was unplayable. Trying to craft now but that's bad too

Zibowskij
02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

...might aswell laugh about it... :P

Gauthaag
02-28-2014, 03:23 PM
yeah, must be that wondrous bonus we were promised

Cordovan
02-28-2014, 03:33 PM
We are currently investigating log in and in-game performance issues. At this time we believe these are linked to larger Internet issues taking place. Our teams are working to mitigate the impact of these issues as best we can. We will keep you updated.

Allanon3
02-28-2014, 03:34 PM

Just tried Logging in and after 5 mins gave up. Then rebot comp and finally got into game but then game closed and I was back at my home screen.

Fedora1
02-28-2014, 03:41 PM
UPDATE 4:30 PM Eastern: We are currently investigating log in and in-game performance issues. At this time we believe these are linked to larger Internet issues taking place. Our teams are working to mitigate the impact of these issues as best we can. We will keep you updated.

(Original post): We are currently investigating connection issues that may prevent players from logging into the game. We will keep you updated.

Well the Internet here in my small corner of SE US seems fine. I am on AT&T and can watch online videos, youtube, and browse just fine. Did a speed check and I am getting 16MB down. Only thing not working is DDO for me. If this is another one of your ISP's issues I really wish you'd get a new provider.

Cordovan
02-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Can I get a sense from folks currently in-game (or logging into the game) as to what they are CURRENTLY experiencing (say, after 4:40 PM Eastern -5 GMT?)

Pomdude
02-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Cannot get in so experience is 0

Rendron
02-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Can I get a sense from folks currently in-game (or logging into the game) as to what they are CURRENTLY experiencing (say, after 4:40 PM Eastern -5 GMT?)

In game /thelanis) had over 25 % lost. entered with group same quest. didnt saw any1 or any door lever etc. did a relog. now i am stuck in loading screen to server. says reciving caracter data.....

no problems to log in on a other server

morqual
02-28-2014, 03:46 PM

very high levels of packet loss (20%+), 2-3min lag (at a guess). Bonkers. Cannith.

JeMaFo
02-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Tried logging in, but it's stuck on "Receiving character data" and never takes me to the character selection screen.

karudo
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM

well i get anywhere from 3-45 sec from the time i click something till the time it activates if that's any help.

PuppiesAndRainbows

AT&T login to Thelanis fine....hangs on logging out, have to kill the client.

Gauthaag
Still stuck on snowman splash screen (receiving character data) w load speed about 1kb/s when trying to log to Argo. loc: Central Europe

HuneyMunster
02-28-2014, 03:48 PM

When I log in, it takes about 2min b4 the UI finishes loading. After this is completed I can only move a few feet b4 i get stuck for about 5 to 10secs. Also casting cure spells on me takes about 2 secs b4 I see the combat text.

Also in-game chat is working without issues.

Gargalarg
02-28-2014, 03:50 PM

Currently have a packet loss of around 15% usually around 20-25%, but dropped down to 10% a few minute ago.

Chaimberland
02-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi
Same symptom on cannith for me. Trapped on Receiving character data... screen.

http://152.66.93.27/dndclient%202014-02-28%2021-12-49-93%20cut.jpg

Same thing for me but on Argo.

Theolin
02-28-2014, 03:52 PM
can log onto Gland, Argo & Sar but not Kyber stops at loading char data

fangblackhawk
02-28-2014, 03:53 PM
the general experience is all incoming data is far behind what my system is runninh, ie my toon moves around fine to beat up the dummy but i then turned around after it takinh my wizz forever to beat up dummy and it fell over i graded next shrine and turned around to watch my damage beat it up all over again refreshing the buff

WlshOrkboss
02-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Currently able to log in but character loading is very slow (5 min range) and unable to move in-game. Packet loss fluctuating between 24-27%. Not able to interact with anything or anyone either. On Ghallanda at 3:55 Central time.

rosedarkthorn
02-28-2014, 03:54 PM
I got into Sarlona maybe about 20-25 minutes ago. Inventory took a few minutes to load. When I did a dice roll, it took a few minutes for me to receive my rolls. When I tried putting stuff in the bank, it's take a minute or two to disappear from my inventory, then another couple to appear in the bank. When trying to look at equipment details, that took several seconds to load. I could move okayish, but it was a little jerky.

Tried logging back in just now, got an error that said for me to try again later.

jwbl
Packet loss varies from 10-25%, leads to hp guessing, porting and other sorts of fun.

Seljuck
Some of guildies have big packet loss, like 20%+ and heavy lag spike/freeze. Chat panel from the other hand works perfectly.

phalaeo
02-28-2014, 03:56 PM
I've got to "Loading Character Data" on the splash screen, but it doesn't advance. Tried restarting client, restarting computer, resetting router, uninstalling Pando Media Booster, and the DDO Pre-loader. Nothing. :(

UurlockYgmeov
02-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Same - uurlock on khyber - stuck on receiving character data
while
on same computer for same world
two roomies able to quickly log in

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1959884_290279791129578_1731744680_n.jpg
Yes - that is on the same computer - so no, it cannot be general internet issues (at least for me).

In game - very laggy with high latency.

alwong8
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Hello all,

Currently in tor in kyber. The lag is so bad that we can barely do anything. We all seem to be lagging at different rates. Apparently two of the members of the party can move fine and are in the process of finishing the quest for the rest of us. Just received a quest completion for just lag pikking. pretty frustrating.

Albert

Havilhand
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
My main account on Argonessen (with lots of toons) gets stuck on 'receiving character data', my support account with just 4 toons loads just a bit slower than normal... though i didn't bother to actually log in with a toon on that one.

Nascoe
02-28-2014, 03:59 PM
loading the everything took about 30seconds after I got logged into the character, things like hotbars, equipment etc. packet loss about 19-22%, latency about 130-150ms.

Interaction with the mailbox takes about 45 seconds to load. Entering a quest loads slowly too.

Actions seem to be about 2-3 seconds delayed

Arcanegrin
02-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Logged in, loading screens, npcs, attacks and objects seem to all be extremely lagged. Dialogs are lagged.

When going to the marketplace from guildship I ran over to buy a hireling, turned out none of the NPCs had loaded.

phalaeo
02-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Ok, stuck on "Character Loading" bar when I try to log into my main account on Argo, tried Khyber (only 3 characters over there), and it logged me in. Once it logged me in, I was stuck on the Market bridge for about 3 mins. I could turn in place, but couldn't activate character abilities (tried to rage, sprint boost). Chat seems to be scrolling normally. After a few minutes, I was able to move, but it's stuttering very badly, and there's monster lag.

Zibowskij
02-28-2014, 04:02 PM
In game, on Cannith. I can barely move but every object takes a min or 2 to load. For example, as I stepped on guild airship, every amenity would pop up after a couple mins of lag each. I had to decline guild raids because I would have been just a burden like that

Pomdude
02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Got into 2 other worlds - Cannith and Wayfinder. But lag was insane and then it booted me out of Cannoth.
Still cannot get onto Ghal

morqual
02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
In game, on Cannith. I can barely move but every object takes a min or 2 to load. For example, as I stepped on guild airship, every amenity would pop up after a couple mins of lag each. I had to decline guild raids because I would have been just a burden like that

Mmmm both tanks missing from Ordo Fot - best of luck to the squishies:))

Chaimberland
02-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Ok, stuck on "Character Loading" bar when I try to log into my main account on Argo, tried Khyber (only 3 characters over there), and it logged me in. Once it logged me in, I was stuck on the Market bridge for about 3 mins. I could turn in place, but couldn't activate character abilities (tried to rage, sprint boost). Chat seems to be scrolling normally. After a few minutes, I was able to move, but it's stuttering very badly, and there's monster lag.

My situation is very similar to this. Trying to log onto Argo which is my main server with 14 toons and I get stuck on Character Loading bar. Then I tried logging onto Thelanis where I have 1 character and was able to without any problems until I got ingame. Once ingame I am unable to move or interact with anything.

Zirun
02-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Logged in and playing relatively fine (no more lag than usual) on Thelanis from up here in Alberta.

Tscheuss
02-28-2014, 04:10 PM
Serious delay in responses. It's like your server is on the Moon.

Clicked on Sully, but no dialog. Then clicked on shrine, and Sully dialog came up. Went back to Sully, and shrine buff came up.

All the while, dummy still taking damage from attacks 5+ minutes earlier.

Latency ~60, Loss ~17%

Nascoe
02-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Laggy, jumping, stuttering and being stuck in place. packet loss was shown as 20-25% a minute ago, but seems to be going down now.

Loading intot the marketplace bank actually went surprisingly fast and the banker reacted in about 2-3 seconds, can it be we are getting somewhere?

jwbl
02-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Reverted to normal.

LrdSlvrhnd
02-28-2014, 04:12 PM

Well, I'd been doing a lot of inventory management and character-switching, so I was getting some memory-leak issues from that with long loading screens, but nothing out of the ordinary... but the last one I was one, I started getting weird stuff. Zoning through the guild-ship doors, I'd go through immediately, and see the other deck for a quick moment... and then the loading screen would pop up. Did that 3-4 times testing, and it happened every time.

And then things froze while I was trying to access the bank. Had that nice little lag-humping going on while trying to jump, etc. Green connection box, etc. So I finally closed DDO and restarted, and got stuck on the initial loading screen (been there for 10 minutes).

Quickben1
02-28-2014, 04:15 PM
+2 GMT zone here, i was in game, out of blue around 19:00-20:00 GMT i got hit by a massive lag spike as i entered Lord of Dust quest, like 17% loss at start and in the next 20 seconds went to 32.9%. Couldn't move etc, i recalled the quest, i went outside and after 3 minutes i saw the bar of the recall activity to appear while i was on the harbour mailbox...i tried to reboot client...i got the same message as the rest..
Screen kept loading on Validating Credentials or whatever and next time i tried on character update and then the same validating blah blah..all in all, reseted router, thought it was my end, i kept trying until 10GMT where i managed to log, 2 times...1st i was lagging with 25% loss, game kicked me outside , no windows nothing, just close
2nd same loss, same kicked out of blue.... too ****ed off to even try again..
Hope tomorrow is better

Scraap
02-28-2014, 04:20 PM
On login:
http://i.imgur.com/adat6Kn.png

romainann
02-28-2014, 04:21 PM
So i realize its (probably) not Turbine's fault that this lag issue is happening, but just wanted to relay my (and my party's) frustration. We had just gotten to the LAST quest in the Ruins of Threnal adventure chain (ie the Library of Threnal), which ISNT that easy when the net IS working correctly. As soon as we went in, we all froze, and a few seconds later, it failed because the stupid NPC that we were supposed to defend DIDNT LAG OUT and basically killed himself in a few seconds. The quest (now failed) ported us out and we all stood there frozen. Finally I had to Cold Restart my ENtire computer to get out of DDO. Since then, can log in but it never loads beyond the initial. Can't move, cant chat, cant do anything except Jump...and even that is lagged. Please resolve this. Im sure my party werent the only ones to get totally robbed of a quest due to this.
Siolandregh the Fey, Warchanter Esq.

Pomdude
02-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Ouch and now very worried !
Just got onto Ghal - lag 25% still but hotbars had reset and were all over the place and I had no items - this on my multi TR toon is not making a happy Pom.
No advice given about not logging in and potential loss of equipment if we do so please clarify and warn people if so.

phalaeo
02-28-2014, 04:27 PM
So i realize its (probably) not Turbine's fault that this lag issue is happening, but just wanted to relay my (and my party's) frustration. We had just gotten to the LAST quest in the Ruins of Threnal adventure chain (ie the Library of Threnal), which ISNT that easy when the net IS working correctly. As soon as we went in, we all froze, and a few seconds later, it failed because the stupid NPC that we were supposed to defend DIDNT LAG OUT and basically killed himself in a few seconds. The quest (now failed) ported us out and we all stood there frozen. Finally I had to Cold Restart my ENtire computer to get out of DDO. Since then, can log in but it never loads beyond the initial. Can't move, cant chat, cant do anything except Jump...and even that is lagged. Please resolve this. Im sure my party werent the only ones to get totally robbed of a quest due to this.
Siolandregh the Fey, Warchanter Esq.

A. I'm so sorry
B. Best first post ever
C. I feel your pain
D. I'm laughing my *** off
E. All of the above

Gratch
02-28-2014, 04:28 PM
So that's why Llama was so terrible earlier.

Cordo - Did you call up the usual suspects from the previous internet routing bombs and ask them if they broke the interwebs again? Or at least ask the people who can route around them to do that? Current situation seems very similar to that time. Crazy packet loss.

PsychoBlonde
02-28-2014, 04:30 PM
I logged in just fine, but my character is still floating in the air waiting for stuff to load.

phalaeo
02-28-2014, 04:31 PM
For those willing, please provide me with your IP, either in the thread or through PM. whatismyip.com

(I will be deleting this post once I get some IPs so that my inbox doesn't continue to fill up with IPs beyond the number that is useful.)

Hey guys, Cordovan just asked for my number! :eek:

Zibowskij
02-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Ouch and now very worried !
Just got onto Ghal - lag 25% still but hotbars had reset and were all over the place and I had no items - this on my multi TR toon is not making a happy Pom.
No advice given about not logging in and potential loss of equipment if we do so please clarify and warn people if so.

Happened to me aswell, but if you wait a few mins they will slowly come back

Gratch
02-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Here's a traceroute I just did to www.lotro.com. Interesting variance. I'm getting 20% packet loss on Ghallanda. Guildies from the UK say they have 0% loss.

5 128 ms 141 ms 120 ms ae1d0.mcr1.fremont-ca.us.xo.net [216.156.1.69]
6 114 ms 124 ms 123 ms vb1500.rar3.sanjose-ca.us.xo.net [216.156.0.137]

7 119 ms 158 ms 164 ms te-2-0-0.rar3.washington-dc.us.xo.net [207.88.12
.70]
8 148 ms 113 ms 125 ms te-3-0-0.rar3.nyc-ny.us.xo.net [207.88.12.73]
9 135 ms 159 ms 161 ms ae0d0.mcr1.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [216.156.0.26]

10 136 ms 145 ms 117 ms ae1d0.mcr2.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [216.156.1.14]

11 143 ms 122 ms 124 ms 209.117.103.10
12 135 ms 175 ms 193 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.43]
13 193 ms 136 ms 90 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

14 97 ms 120 ms 99 ms 74.201.102.154
15 * 194 ms 124 ms 74.201.103.116

Kerthyn
02-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Can't get past the "loading new game data".

vampiregoat69
02-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Someone let the last hamster on the wheel of Turbine to die and now the system is shutting down due to no power from the hamsters of power...LOL

Zibowskij
02-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Someone let the last hamster on the wheel of Turbine to die and now the system is shutting down due to no power from the hamsters of power...LOL

He's not dead, he was just partying for the anniversary and got wasted :P

Dawidowmaker
02-28-2014, 04:49 PM
IP 24.57.32.240

Canada

ssternlight
02-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Logged in to Cannith. Lots of lag. Not worth playing...

Talonaise
02-28-2014, 04:55 PM
I can not log on, but my friend was able to log onto my account from a different location.

I am beginning to hate the snowmen.

Osharan_Tregarth
02-28-2014, 04:59 PM

I was logged on.. Started getting significant amounts of loss... When zoning, got stuck on a load screen. After 10 minutes or so, I restarted the client.

I'm able to get through the logon screen, and after picking my appropriate account, I'm stuck on the Loading New Game Data screen.

100% of OK complete
Loading New Game Data
2600.0043.6870.4026.release Portal : compiled Mon Dec 2 22:37:58 2013 : Release
Receiving character data...
Parthing Done!

Sitting at 2.5 or so Kb/s at first, and then dropping down to around .5 to .04 Kb/s
Loading character data...
Loading subscription data...

Gauthaag
02-28-2014, 05:06 PM

exactly, why we still have them there ...if its almost ten days over?

Dark_Helmet
02-28-2014, 05:10 PM

Guildies are having issues with logging in and boarding the ship, but I thought it was just regional / weather issues.

I have had barely any issues between the boat and the Reaver's Refuge and harbor over the past 6 hours.
I was soloing Monastery for the last 2 hours and solving the puzzle without much lag Usually, I encounter lag hopping over the traps, but I haven't died in them yet (knock on plastic).

Talonaise
02-28-2014, 05:18 PM
I was logged on.. Started getting significant amounts of loss... When zoning, got stuck on a load screen. After 10 minutes or so, I restarted the client.

I'm able to get through the logon screen, and after picking my appropriate account, I'm stuck on the Loading New Game Data screen.

100% of OK complete
Loading New Game Data
Parthing Done!

Sitting at 2.5 or so Kb/s at first, and then dropping down to around .5 to .04 Kb/s

Yup -- this is me too

Dragonhiglord
02-28-2014, 05:19 PM
I can not get past loading character screen either, but I can log in with 2 alts that are f2p, guessing just coincidence

ON THAT NOTE, IF ANYONE HAS AN Extra BETA key for ESO please send me a pm, if ddo is not fixed of course.

Cableman
02-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Logged into Ghallanda just fine and real fast load, too bad I can't log into where I play (Sarlona).

AzB
02-28-2014, 05:22 PM
I can not log on, but my friend was able to log onto my account from a different location.

I've always wondered why you can run through some snowmen and not others. And if you run through one, shouldn't it go "poof!"?

Dawidowmaker
02-28-2014, 05:23 PM
I can not get past loading character screen either, but I can log in with 2 alts that are f2p, guessing just coincidence

ON THAT NOTE, IF ANYONE HAS AN Extra BETA key for ESO please send me a pm, if ddo is not fixed of course.

That's right its this weekend almost forgot about it.

LrdSlvrhnd
02-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Well, I'd been doing a lot of inventory management and character-switching, so I was getting some memory-leak issues from that with long loading screens, but nothing out of the ordinary... but the last one I was one, I started getting weird stuff. Zoning through the guild-ship doors, I'd go through immediately, and see the other deck for a quick moment... and then the loading screen would pop up. Did that 3-4 times testing, and it happened every time.

And then things froze while I was trying to access the bank. Had that nice little lag-humping going on while trying to jump, etc. Green connection box, etc. So I finally closed DDO and restarted, and got stuck on the initial loading screen (been there for 10 minutes).

This experience was on Thelanis (still can't get in after repeated several-minutes-long attempts); on Cannith, I got right on, but it took 2-3 minutes for the UI to load (hotbars in proper placement and 'stocked', chatbox with the proper channels and tabs, etc.) And then interacting with stuff was delayed by 1-20 seconds - some searches on the AH were just a second or two, others took long enough for me to tab out, respond to an IM, and tab back and still hadn't loaded.

Trying Thelanis again, and still not getting past the initial loading screen (the one after server selection). The speed above the "Loading new game data" bar is listing as anywhere from 0.00 Kb/s to 0.63 Kb/s, with very occasional spikes into the 0.7-0.8 range. However, it's still 100% of OK complete... (Yes, I know it's really 0K, but I love that it looks like "100% of OK!"

rohmer
02-28-2014, 05:41 PM
7:30 EST, still laggy as hell, not playable.

Cannith

Anric
02-28-2014, 05:42 PM

Logged in to cannith a few minutes ago fine, but I noticed serious lag. Packet loss was in the low 20s. Invited a guild member to party and it took 3 minutes before it registered we were in party, despite the fact I could the person over voice chat. VOice chat itself is laggy.

Talonaise
02-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Ok got logged in, Finally, but was super laggy, and now I am stuck in game again.

Eth
02-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Can log-in but constant 25% package loss - absolutely unplayable.
Been like that for 4 hours now.

Nice work.

Beethoven
02-28-2014, 05:50 PM
I was fine until recently on my account, but am somewhat laggy now.

My wife on her account is a whole different story. It took her minutes to load in and lag is atrocious. Best I can tell, things seem to be happening on the game just fine but it takes her client 20 to 30 seconds to sync with new data, mob movements or interaction with objects.

die
02-28-2014, 05:51 PM
This is not the game you are looking for .. please move along.

qwert-y
02-28-2014, 05:56 PM
There is a problem with the carrier network in the eastern and standard time zone. It is relegated to US cable and other cheap low end ISP providers. This is why we are all lagging. More importantly this game has had terribad lag issues since I started playing 5 years ago... That is pretty much due to the fact that DDO hosts their server on a low rent data connection and always has.

TFPAQ
02-28-2014, 06:03 PM

Khyber, Thelanis, Argo, Orien ... pretty much what most others are posting. 2-3 minutes for the login to character. Another 2 minutes for the character to "Fill". Go to a quest or wilderness - 2 minute lag from any action taken (cast, swing, shoot, etc).

This was at 5:50 central time and on till I just said to heck with it...

RoNiN32
02-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Still completely unplayable on ghallandra. Takes 5 mins to log in (burning my buffs down i paid for). Finally loads UI and cannot move around. Clicked to roll dice. Nothing happened. Clicked a few more times nothing happened. Then 10 minutes later all the dice clicks went through and charged my account. Complete BS. You can sometimes move char for 5 seconds then stuck to spot for 3 mins again.

You go areas such as trainers. Even after 15mins in game NPC's are not loading.

Store works fine though.. no lag.

I want my shards refunded and my VIP for the days this has bene going refunded also. And my paid for potions that have been wasted refunded also. Then you can extend the double XP etc as we cannot use it.

jessman615
02-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Apparently, both Ddo and Lotro are being affected by this issue. so now I can't play 2 of my favorite games. Lol. Hope the issue is resolved soon.... but I won't hold my breath considering it's beyond their control atm.

qwert-y
02-28-2014, 06:16 PM
I want my shards refunded and my VIP for the days this has bene going refunded also. And my paid for potions that have been wasted refunded also. Then you can extend the double XP etc as we cannot use it.

Nope, nada, no way, uh uh, uh no. seriously no, just no, never, no way jose, and good luck with that.

qwert-y
02-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Nope, nada, no way, uh uh, uh no. seriously no, just no, never, no way jose, and good luck with that.

DDO needs to call their ISP's tech support and log a service complaint then after 10 minutes they will get a reply saying that the connection checks fine and they needs to look on the internal side of their network for the issue. (Psst this means its their servers)

rohmer
02-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Havent heard anything in 3 hours.

Clacker12
02-28-2014, 06:34 PM
I think one of the server hamsters died today or something, been impossible to play the last 4-5 hours

rohmer
02-28-2014, 06:37 PM
I think one of the server hamsters died today or something, been impossible to play the last 4-5 hours

No, its the "Internet" is down.

I tried to go to google.com, bing.com and amazon.com and they are all down.

Wait, no. They are all up!

Loromir
02-28-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm in (Cannith) and having no problems.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm in (Cannith) and having no problems.

REally? Im on cannith and its hitching like crazy, and clicking on a portal takes 5 seconds.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 06:49 PM
I wanted to test the claim of a "Wider Internet Problem"

So, I ran speedtest.net from my machine (Washington State) to all 3 different servers in Boston area.

Averaging 37.22Mbps down, 7Mbps up, 90ms ping

So, looks like its not the nefarious "Internet"

Kylstrem
02-28-2014, 06:51 PM
On Khyber and can't get anything into my bank or gather into bags.

Took forever to log in as well.

Starla70
02-28-2014, 06:52 PM
On the east coast play on Argo, and nothing, it just sits here and does nothing. It gets to receiving data and that is it. Earlier today it was fine with no lag.

tyevek
02-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Is anyone even looking into this problem or bothering to update their customers?

jessman615
02-28-2014, 06:55 PM
no updates for either game .

tyevek
02-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Maybe they simply don't care about their customers idk.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:00 PM
no updates for either game .

Its past 5pm EST, and the hamsters are asleep, so the servers are down

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Since its not the "Internet"

I will suggest some other useful boogy men:
* Unrest in the Ukraaine
* Obamacare
*Global warming or cooling (Whichever is the Global de jour)

OOOR -
A disease uncovered by obamacare contracted in the Ukraine while researching the latest conspiracy theory!

qwert-y
02-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Since its not the "Internet"

I will suggest some other useful boogy men:
* Unrest in the Ukraaine
* Obamacare
*Global warming or cooling (Whichever is the Global de jour)

OOOR -
A disease uncovered by obamacare contracted in the Ukraine while researching the latest conspiracy theory!

I have that disease! Its called communismitis

Jumiyo
02-28-2014, 07:10 PM
When I log in, it takes about 2min b4 the UI finishes loading. After this is completed I can only move a few feet b4 i get stuck for about 5 to 10secs. Also casting cure spells on me takes about 2 secs b4 I see the combat text.

Also in-game chat is working without issues.

On Cannith server. 4 Hours ago this was FIXED as per forum messages - by Cordovan. I also suffered this issue and was Unplayable... till the fix came (whatever they did). I then did Von 5/6 and FOT --- smoothly and was incredible (better than average response and loads of maps).

Logged off --- now back on.

Sadly the issue seems to be BACK. Takes like 5 seconds for even the AH window to "open". There is a general lag in city areas... forget about trying to get in the game.

HOWEVER I checked with other Guildies - and some of them do NOT have an issue. So I would assume it's a internet issue - where some parts are good and some others (based on your location or routing).. is ... unplayable. Let's hope this clears up!

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:13 PM
On Cannith server. 4 Hours ago this was FIXED as per forum messages - by Cordovan. I also suffered this issue and was Unplayable... till the fix came (whatever they did). I then did Von 5/6 and FOT --- smoothly and was incredible (better than average response and loads of maps).

Logged off --- now back on.

Sadly the issue seems to be BACK. Takes like 5 seconds for even the AH window to "open". There is a general lag in city areas... forget about trying to get in the game.

HOWEVER I checked with other Guildies - and some of them do NOT have an issue. So I would assume it's a internet issue - where some parts are good and some others (based on your location or routing).. is ... unplayable. Let's hope this clears up!

See previous post of mine from speedtest, its not the interwebs

magical_oldude
02-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Still happening on Thelanis. Its extremely annoying to say the least. What other major MMO has outages, not to mention lag issues, like this? I don't know of any right off hand.

So I did some sanity checks earlier with my rig and internet connection. It's not on my side (unless they borked my client with some patch).

Remind me again how much I like D&D and how that's worth PAYING to play DDO with its many bugs.

/sigh

Jumiyo
02-28-2014, 07:16 PM

Just want to understand this issue (as I get it TOO often......to the point I was going to give up playing DDO last week! - after 4 years in the game).... why do some people can play and have no issues yet others are impacted? I have my guild leader humming along playing - whereas I am lagging like there's no tomorrow? Unless somehow although we on the same server (Cannith) but somehow we connected differently?

If they had on the DDO store 5,000 TP points for a pot of "lag free experience" I will BUY IT! =/

Hutoth
02-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Utterly unplayable on Cannith at the mome'

Spent 5 mins trying to port out of a version of high road wilderness where I can't act and all the mobs are invisible and untargetable... and then another 5 mins getting damaged by high road monsters while lagging in the marketplace unable to log out.

New difficulty level?

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Still happening on Thelanis. Its extremely annoying to say the least. What other major MMO has outages, not to mention lag issues, like this? I don't know of any right off hand.

So I did some sanity checks earlier with my rig and internet connection. It's not on my side (unless they borked my client with some patch).

Remind me again how much I like D&D and how that's worth PAYING to play DDO with its many bugs.

/sigh

Honestly I don't mind the outage, poo happens, **** breaks.

Its the lack of updates that irks me.

That and the random blaming of the "Internet"

WHEN ITS OBVIOUSLY OBAMACARE INDUCED UKRANIAN GLOBAL TEMPERATURE STAGNATION!

Chaios
02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the death of net neutrality.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the death of net neutrality.

LOL, do you really think Turbine wouldn't pay to have the additional bandwidth?

Jumiyo
02-28-2014, 07:25 PM

Actually I NEVER DC or had connection issues like these --- till ONLY the last round of "connection issues" was applied last week - that this all started happening to me. Whatever fix it was --- screwed up IMO.
Since that fix - I DC several times a day!

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Actually I NEVER DC or had connection issues like these --- till ONLY the last round of "connection issues" was applied last week - that this all started happening to me. Whatever fix it was --- screwed up IMO.
Since that fix - I DC several times a day!

Welcome to "Brokeback MMO"

Dave_Rapp
02-28-2014, 07:34 PM
when its obviously obamacare...

Thanks, Obama!

Tscheuss
02-28-2014, 07:35 PM

Your results prove little, unless you are claiming to have tested ALL routes and segments thereof. :p

Adora80
02-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Every time I try to get on Ghallanda I get stuck on loading screen Receiving Char Data... But I can log into all the other servers, to bad I don't have any char on those servers. This has been going on for over 6 hours now :(

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Your results prove little, unless you are claiming to have tested ALL routes and segments thereof. :p

Yes, data is useless.

Its the same routes used to get to ddo.

Blaming the internet is a meaningless out.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:40 PM

But way to fan boy it out.

BTW, do a news search on "INternet outage" for today.

Not happening.

Fhauvial
02-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Wow, you guys are really something. Do you really think Turbine would "blame the internet" if there weren't signs pointing to a larger routing issue?

Anyway, I just noticed the lag myself. I can get into the game just fine, but I'm getting about 19-25% loss. This was on Sarlona. I was online for several hours with no issues, and didn't notice any problems until I swapped characters. Hope you guys get this worked out soon, network issues can be a PITA for everyone involved.

Cordovan
We are continuing to work to mitigate issues causing poor in-game performance and log in issues for some users, and apologize for the inconvenience. As stated earlier, this is linked to larger Internet issues in the area.

geoffhanna
How many of those who cannot log in are using Time Warner?

(raises hand)

C:\Users\Geoff>tracert ddo.com

Tracing route to ddo.com [74.201.103.121]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192.168.0.1
2 11 ms 12 ms 12 ms 142.254.205.73
3 16 ms 11 ms 13 ms gig10-0-0.406.rlghnca-rtr1.southeast.rr.com [24.162.250.16]
4 12 ms 16 ms 13 ms ae19.rlghncpop-rtr1.southeast.rr.com [24.93.64.0]
5 21 ms 21 ms 23 ms 107.14.19.42
6 18 ms 23 ms 17 ms 107.14.19.133
7 30 ms 29 ms 30 ms te0-13-0-23.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.157]
8 30 ms 36 ms 31 ms be2176.ccr21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.41.54]
9 38 ms 38 ms 38 ms be2148.ccr21.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.118]
10 44 ms 44 ms 47 ms be2096.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.42]
11 100 ms 221 ms 279 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42]
12 41 ms 33 ms 50 ms 38.122.52.50
13 31 ms 34 ms 32 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
14 31 ms 32 ms 34 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
15 35 ms 31 ms 32 ms 74.201.102.154
16 31 ms 32 ms 32 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

Deep_Thought
02-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi im in the UK & have no problems connecting to cannith or wayfinder servers so far!

rohmer
Wow, you guys are really something. Do you really think Turbine would "blame the internet" if there weren't signs pointing to a larger routing issue?

Anyway, I just noticed the lag myself. I can get into the game just fine, but I'm getting about 19-25% loss. This was on Sarlona. I was online for several hours with no issues, and didn't notice any problems until I swapped characters. Hope you guys get this worked out soon, network issues can be a PITA for everyone involved.

Where are these signs?

Point to one other outage on the internet?

Kylstrem
How many of those who cannot log in are using Time Warner?

(raises hand)

Verizon in Texas here.

rohmer
Where are these signs?

For that matter wheres the update?

And where's the beef?

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:45 PM

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
2 10 ms 11 ms 11 ms 73.105.140.1
3 18 ms 11 ms 11 ms te-0-0-0-15-ur06.bellevue.wa.seattle.comcast.net
[68.85.144.233]
4 16 ms 11 ms 12 ms ae-18-0-ar03.seattle.wa.seattle.comcast.net [69.
139.164.117]
5 14 ms 27 ms 17 ms he-1-7-0-0-10-cr01.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net
[68.86.91.165]
6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms be-16-pe03.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.8
3.10]
7 69 ms 64 ms 62 ms 173.167.57.250
8 141 ms 136 ms 134 ms 0.ge-3-1-0.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.20.217]
9 129 ms 134 ms 137 ms 0.xe-10-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.34]
10 134 ms 124 ms 146 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

11 135 ms 137 ms 136 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.43]
12 141 ms 138 ms 133 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

13 139 ms 137 ms 133 ms 74.201.102.154
14 150 ms 138 ms 147 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

Starla70
02-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Local cable company here.

toaftoaf
maybe its from all the people downloading the ESO beta for the weekend

rohmer

Comcast (Sadly they have better customer service, at least they have a 4 hour window)

Fhauvial
02-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Where are these signs?

You obviously don't know the first thing about networking. If you must know, everything Turbine has said and the packet loss I've been experiencing wouldn't be uncharacteristic of a bad routing path that would be affecting a geographical area. But I'm not going to sit here and guess, I'm going to leave the troubleshooting up to the very competent engineers at Turbine.

Tscheuss
Yes, data is useless.

Its the same routes used to get to ddo.

Blaming the internet is a meaningless out.

*sigh*

I am not going to bother to teach you how the Internet functions.

Try running a traceroute from different locations, and maybe you will learn something.

Or you can wallow in your ignorance while blowing smoke. The choice, as always, is yours.

UurlockYgmeov
now this is strange...

on the same computer with the same internet - 3 roommates log in

two get through
one gets stuck on loading screen..

1 3 ms 1 ms 3 ms ROUTERSERVER [192.168.1.1]
2 redacted
3 11 ms 10 ms 22 ms crr01euclwi-tge-0-5-0-3.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.34.20.152]
4 15 ms 13 ms 26 ms bbr01euclwi-bue-4.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.34.2.4]
5 28 ms 26 ms 25 ms bbr01stcdmn-tge-0-0-0-7.stcd.mn.charter.com [96.34.0.157]
6 35 ms 26 ms 27 ms 65.46.47.77
7 60 ms 58 ms 59 ms vb1710.rar3.chicago-il.us.xo.net [216.156.0.169]
8 54 ms 50 ms 65 ms ae0d0.mcr2.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [216.156.0.30]
9 59 ms 56 ms 51 ms 209.117.103.10
10 58 ms 75 ms 57 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
11 53 ms 53 ms 59 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
12 60 ms 54 ms 55 ms 74.201.102.154
13 57 ms 56 ms 57 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

geoffhanna
Verizon in Texas here.

Well, scratch that theory then. Is it okay if I blame Time Warner anyway? They totally have it coming.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:48 PM
*sigh*

I am not going to bother to teach you how the Internet functions.

Try running a traceroute from different locations, and maybe you will learn something.

Or you can wallow in your ignorance while blowing smoke. The choice, as always, is yours.

Wow, you're obtuse.

I don't really care about the OTHER routes. I care about MINE.

Mine is fine, I am lagging, ipso facto, its NOT the "Internet"

But way to attempt to sound like you have a clue. Yet, cluecheck fail.

schelsullivan
02-28-2014, 07:50 PM
8:45pm EST log in took extended amount of time, finished log in and while trying to get ship buffs I realized some serious lag issues were occuring.

Tarrell
02-28-2014, 07:51 PM

Sarlona lag is so crippling bad that doorways aren't appearing in town and rubber banding/freezing everywhere. Don't even TRY to do a quest, the monsters are frozen and you'll die, your death catching up with you about 5 to 10 mins after it happens.

CAN YOU PLEASE EXTEND the x2 Loot/Rolls weekend another day because the entire Friday was flushed down the toilet.

Fhauvial
02-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Sarlona lag is so crippling bad that doorways aren't appearing in town and rubber banding/freezing everywhere. Don't even TRY to do a quest, the monsters are frozen and you'll die, your death catching up with you about 5 to 10 mins after it happens.

CAN YOU PLEASE EXTEND the x2 Loot/Rolls weekend another day because the entire Friday was flushed down the toilet.

I would definitely second this. Based on the number of people that seem to be affected (the forums are a bad gauge, but server activity on Sarlona was so low on a Friday I can only presume it's due to the connection issues), it would seem a sensible thing to do.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 07:54 PM
I would definitely second this. Based on the number of people that seem to be affected (the forums are a bad gauge, but server activity on Sarlona was so low on a Friday I can only presume it's due to the connection issues), it would seem a sensible thing to do.

I'd bet at least a nickel they will do that. That's one thing they are good at, is giving something back after an outage

Arngeir_Sigvard
02-28-2014, 07:55 PM
It seems like Ghallanda consistently experiences issues. Any reason why?

As others above, I'm able to login but the game is entirely unplayable due to lag... and it has been all afternoon.

You guys really need to figure out what the deal is with this server or offer to let people move their characters to a more stable server for free. I really can only play on the weekends and I'm tired of paying for a subscription to either not be able to logon or have horrid lag.

Tscheuss
02-28-2014, 08:00 PM
I'd bet at least a nickel they will do that. That's one thing they are good at, is giving something back after an outage

Agreed.

TFPAQ
02-28-2014, 08:01 PM
It's about 9 pm on the east coast and Cord is still posting that they are working on it.

I except that sh*t happens, but we should be appreciative of the time that Turbine employees put in (on our behalf).

Find something else to do (they still have to work through this) instead of bi*ching about it people.

Really,

They would like to go home for the weekend.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 08:07 PM
It's about 9 pm on the east coast and Cord is still posting that they are working on it.

I except that sh*t happens, but we should be appreciative of the time that Turbine employees put in (on our behalf).

Find something else to do (they still have to work through this) instead of bi*ching about it people.

Really,

Appreciative?

We haven't gotten a meaningful update in hours. Appreciative is for favors, I pay quite a bit of money for this.

ezmeweatherwax
02-28-2014, 08:08 PM
I can log into every server, without issue, except my home server. Orien. Even Sully won't talk to me there...though his connectivity issues may be a more alcohol-induced than anything else. When was the last time you saw that guy put his beer mug down?

RumbIe
02-28-2014, 08:09 PM
On Verizon in Boston. No other internet speed problems. P@rn, I mean stock quotes load up just fine. I'm stuck on the loading screen before characters. It is showing as loading at 0.05 Kb/Sec. I'm on Cannith btw.

I had zero problems anywhere else and was able to log in earlier. Nothing on Boston.com of any local internet outages. If there were other internet issues in Boston with a local provider or service area it would be in the news right now, but it's not.

Just a random thought and no idea if it's even possible, but that Pando **** popped up on my PC today like many others (hadn't removed it after a recent re-install of the game). Any chance someone at the server site or DDO HQ clicked the "upgrade" option and downloaded the virus? I didn't because it seemed fishy so I un-installed it, but if they downloaded the virus maybe they;'re dealing with all the backlash from it now and don't want to admit it, especially since they left that Pando **** in their package to begin with, and instead are blaming it on the inter-webs? Just one conspiracy theory to chew on.

What's funny is that it was exactly something like this (downtime when I had massive free time to play and nothing else to do) that got me to download DDO and give it a shot after spending massive time and money on Perfect World. I mean I downloaded DDO and never looked back. Still had unused cash in my account. Hmmmmmm. I wonder what else is out there? Not saying I'm gone by any stretch as I enjoy playing, but all it takes is a look sometime.

merentha
02-28-2014, 08:09 PM
By "the internet" maybe he meant their own ISP. At the office the "internet" is down when the office' circuit takes a hit, regardless if the rest of the world is fine :p

AzB
02-28-2014, 08:10 PM

I think that's already a given. We have no updates and still lots of people still experiencing crippling lag.

I checked with a guildy that's not far from me here in the SE USA and he's got no lag while I have massive lag making the game unplayable.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 08:11 PM
By "the internet" maybe he meant their own ISP. At the office the "internet" is down when the office' circuit takes a hit, regardless if the rest of the world is fine :p

Likely

geoffhanna
02-28-2014, 08:12 PM
I have failed to login to Sarlona every time. 10 attempts? 15? I can only get to this point:

http://www.gamergeoff.com/images/2014-02/okay not 100 percent at all.png

My Gamer Girl succeeded in logging into Sarlona on her 5th or 6th attempt. But it is laggy and not drawing everything right away. She sits next to me and shares my connection.

I am able to log in to Cannith at will. Three successes out of three attempts. Everything on Cannith appears fully drawn and fine.

A last tracer log.

2 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms 142.254.205.73
3 13 ms 10 ms 12 ms gig10-0-0.406.rlghnca-rtr1.southeast.rr.com [24.162.250.16]
4 14 ms 14 ms 15 ms ae19.rlghncpop-rtr1.southeast.rr.com [24.93.64.0]
5 21 ms 22 ms 19 ms 107.14.19.42
6 19 ms 18 ms 20 ms 107.14.19.133
7 31 ms 31 ms 29 ms te0-13-0-23.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.157]
8 30 ms 32 ms 31 ms be2113.mpd21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.170]
9 38 ms 39 ms 39 ms be2149.ccr22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.126]
10 43 ms 46 ms 44 ms be2094.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.14]
11 44 ms 47 ms 42 ms te3-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
12 33 ms 32 ms 35 ms 38.122.52.50
13 31 ms 31 ms 30 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.107]
14 31 ms 32 ms 32 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
15 31 ms 32 ms 33 ms 74.201.102.154
16 32 ms 32 ms 30 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

But no one is actually reading this thread from a trouble shooting perspective, are they?

TFPAQ
02-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Oh, personal attacks. Well played. Work a mom comment in there too.

I haven't met your Mother ...

TFPAQ
I'm sure she is a very nice lady and I apologize for my previous comment to you.

rohmer
I have failed to login to Sarlona every time. 10 attempts? 15? I can only get to this point:

http://www.gamergeoff.com/images/2014-02/okay not 100 percent at all.png

My Gamer Girl succeeded in logging into Sarlona on her 5th or 6th attempt. But it is laggy and not drawing everything right away. She sits next to me and shares my connection.

I am able to log in to Cannith at will. Three successes out of three attempts. Everything on Cannith appears fully drawn and fine.

A last tracer log.

2 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms 142.254.205.73
3 13 ms 10 ms 12 ms gig10-0-0.406.rlghnca-rtr1.southeast.rr.com [24.162.250.16]
4 14 ms 14 ms 15 ms ae19.rlghncpop-rtr1.southeast.rr.com [24.93.64.0]
5 21 ms 22 ms 19 ms 107.14.19.42
6 19 ms 18 ms 20 ms 107.14.19.133
7 31 ms 31 ms 29 ms te0-13-0-23.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.157]
8 30 ms 32 ms 31 ms be2113.mpd21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.170]
9 38 ms 39 ms 39 ms be2149.ccr22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.126]
10 43 ms 46 ms 44 ms be2094.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.14]
11 44 ms 47 ms 42 ms te3-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
12 33 ms 32 ms 35 ms 38.122.52.50
13 31 ms 31 ms 30 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.107]
14 31 ms 32 ms 32 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
15 31 ms 32 ms 33 ms 74.201.102.154
16 32 ms 32 ms 30 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

But no one is actually reading this thread from a trouble shooting perspective, are they?

Likely not

I have no idea what their architecture is, but it seems server related. Once you get in, you can run around a bit, then hitch, then run more.

You do something like "/wave", and it happens in like 3-5 seconds.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm sure she is a very nice lady and I apologize for my previous comment to you.

Not sure if that's an apology or not, but I will accept the most respectful interpretation and move on.

Arianka
02-28-2014, 08:16 PM
willing to bet ist a routing issue thru one of the internet backbone (tier 1) providers like "Level 3 Communications (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_3_Communications), CenturyLink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink), Vodafone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodafone), Verizon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon), Sprint (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_Nextel), or AT&T Corporation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Corporation)."

a real data center has connectons to at least 2 tier one providers in case one of them messes up. how likely is it tht turbine is in one of thse data centers?

TFPAQ
Not sure if that's an apology or not, but I will accept the most respectful interpretation and move on.

I wasn't pulling your chain, it was a sincere apology.

I'm sorry it didn't come across as funny as it was intended.

So sorry.

BriarEmerson
I played fine earlier for about 30 mins, went to lunch, came back around 2pm and lag everywhere. I'm still pretty new to DDO so I assumed it was my internet connection but my ping is 20 and download speed is 17.78 Mbps. I'm glad it's not just my connection. I'm on Khyber. I thought something was up around 2pm today when I couldn't change instances- there was no option for it. It has only gotten worse since then. It's after 9pm in VT now and it is still totally unplayable here. I just keep flying into the air then plopping back down a few feet away and the npc characters don't even load for the first 10 minutes or so. I got into a quest and the kobolds die then stand up again lol weird. I want to play soon!

rohmer
02-28-2014, 08:17 PM
I played fine earlier for about 30 mins, went to lunch, came back around 2pm and lag everywhere. I'm still pretty new to DDO so I assumed it was my internet connection but my ping is 20 and download speed is 17.78 Mbps. I'm glad it's not just my connection. I'm on Khyber. I thought something was up around 2pm today when I couldn't change instances- there was no option for it. It has only gotten worse since then. It's after 9pm in VT now and it is still totally unplayable here. I just keep flying into the air then plopping back down a few feet away and the npc characters don't even load for the first 10 minutes or so. I got into a quest and the kobolds die then stand up again lol weird. I want to play soon!

It seems to be functional now.

rohmer
02-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Zippidy doooo dah

FCofKhatovar
02-28-2014, 08:19 PM

experienced an extremely long load, gave up. did quick computer maintenance, system reboot and router reboot. next attempt at log-in was successful, albeit long. could eventually move around, lagging every few steps, after chat and hotbars loaded(~7min).

saw a von 5/6EE up so i thought it might get better in a quest. joined but it took me literally 10min to get the game to register that i searched a trap. currently standing in the blades while the few that can move finish this, just because its awesome to stand in the blades forever on EE. xD

qwert-y
02-28-2014, 08:20 PM
willing to bet ist a routing issue thru one of the internet backbone (tier 1) providers like "Level 3 Communications (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_3_Communications), CenturyLink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink), Vodafone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodafone), Verizon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon), Sprint (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_Nextel), or AT&T Corporation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Corporation)."

a real data center has connectons to at least 2 tier one providers in case one of them messes up. how likely is it tht turbine is in one of thse data centers?

It is the Tier 1 AT&T hub in Pittsburgh PA. How do I know this? Because certain websites are super slow to load at our building and others are not. CNN.com is one of these and a connection to CNN.com goes thru that part of the backbone from where I am.

Also becuase the account rep from our ISP told me. Its a regional issue.

Arianka
02-28-2014, 08:21 PM
im in!

Livmo
02-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Got home and checked stuff out. Does not appear to be an Internet issue on my side of the fence, but maybe an ISP issue or such for Turbine?

I want to remark I'm unable to get on my home server, Sarlona. However, I did not have problems getting to Ghallanda. Playing right now on G and its a bit choppy on the movements.

Just sharing in case it helps that I cannot get into my home sever, but can play on others.

Tscheuss
02-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Quick login, bars and buffs loaded fast, UI is very responsive. :)

RumbIe
02-28-2014, 08:26 PM
OMG I'm in. Time to run Von3 on all my toons now on off destinies........

Sorry. I know I should be happy to be in. Well done Turbine and thanks for the late hours on a Friday. Go grab a beer. Apologies about the cheap shot, but I won't delete it :)

Livmo
02-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Okies I'm gonna try Sarlona again.

C'mon free party hat!

Fhauvial
02-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Just checked and my connection to Sarlona seems to be stable now. No packet loss whatsoever.

Livmo
02-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Just checked and my connection to Sarlona seems to be stable now. No packet loss whatsoever.

I'm in now and it appears OK. I got human lag here from rune arm daydreams.

Caprice
02-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Ditto, doing fine on Sarlona now. Assuming that everything remains copacetic: thanks to whoever resolved the issues (whether at Turbine or some ISP or backbone staff).

Livmo
02-28-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm in now and it appears OK. I got human lag here from rune arm daydreams.

Yes TY to all the beings involved in fixing!

I hat to come back, because I forgot the party hat coupon code (face plant)!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437174-Celebrate-DDO-s-8th-Anniversary-with-a-free-party-hat!?p=5268583&viewfull=1#post5268583

Cordovan
02-28-2014, 09:06 PM
At this time most connectivity and performance issues should be resolved. We thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

ishr
02-28-2014, 09:54 PM
At this time most connectivity and performance issues should be resolved. We thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

wow you work late. fwiw it's paid off today, was a lot of fun celebrating the anniversary thanks to you and the rest of the behind-the-scenes guys'/girls' efforts!

rohmer
02-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Okies I'm gonna try Sarlona again.

C'mon free party hat!

I got a free jimmy hat!

LXP
02-28-2014, 11:47 PM
UPDATE 10:00 PM Eastern: At this time most connectivity and performance issues should be resolved. We thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

Affirmative, the issue seems to be gone. Thanks a lot to the whole team for dealing with it, and happy anniversary to everyone! :)

Tom_Hunters
03-01-2014, 05:03 AM
I am not sure what the problem is.... But currently I am stuck in the launch screen "Installing Pre-Reqs"... i have tried restarting program, laptop, and modem, but nothing works....

Trillea
03-01-2014, 08:15 AM
I got a free jimmy hat!

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100420182428/southpark/images/4/4c/FreeHat05.jpg

Free HAT!

Birtley
03-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I am not sure what the problem is.... But currently I am stuck in the launch screen "Installing Pre-Reqs"... i have tried restarting program, laptop, and modem, but nothing works....

says "connecting to patch ..." keeps retrying but "server connection timed out"

bls904c2
03-01-2014, 10:05 AM
i don't kn ow where to post but have issues connecting

Razor19
03-01-2014, 10:07 AM

100% of OK complete
Loading New Game Data
Parthing Done!

I don't know if you all fixed this or just moved the problem geographically. Tried with two different accounts in SoCal area and will get through login but trying to zone into a wilderness area or a quest freezes on loading screen until the client disconnects.

Jamey
03-01-2014, 10:16 AM

I'm not able to connect to the update server. The client stalls out at that point every time. I've had it running in the background for over an hour retrying and it has never connected. Everything was fine for me when I played last night.

Cursed
03-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Still can't log in to Sarlona. Gets stuck in loading screen (after choosing character) and then loses connection to server.

So, the problem isn't resolved.

SanMerci
03-01-2014, 10:21 AM
There is another thread regarding today's log-in issues: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437208-Anyone-else-unable-to-log-in

Might be worth it to keep the new issues in that thread so as to avoid confusion (or, I suppose, to merge the contents of that thread with this one). Given that the devs thought they fixed the issue last night, I'd be inclined to go with the new thread as I would expect them to be less prone to ignore it, but, regardless, here is my last post in the other thread:

Just wanted to add, from my own testing:

These servers fail on the snowman screen: Argonessen, Khyber
These servers fail on the Welcome to Eberron screen: Thelanis, Orien

These servers all appear to be working: Ghallanda, Sarlona, Cannith, Wayfinder

Does this appear to be the case for everybody, or is it more random than this?

BriarEmerson
03-01-2014, 12:32 PM
I got in Friday at 10;30pm and everything seemed pretty good. Still had some lag but seemed playable... until I got into a quest and then the issue got much worse- couldn't fight, couldn't really move other than spinning in a circle uncontrollably. It was totally unplayable so I died and quit for the night. Saw everyone saying it is fixed so I tried again Saturday afternoon- its about 1:30pm in VT- and I'm still not going to be able to do quests. My character is spinning around in circles and still has lag issues out in the harbor so I'd imagine it'll be even worse in a quest just like it was last night. I'd hop in and do the quest but I've tried to do it about 6 or 7 times now and the lag issue keeps getting me killed since I have no idea where the enemies really are. I'm getting tired of redoing it over and over just to keep failing.

Also, I'm still not getting the option to change instances- I couldn't do it yesterday either until it randomly showed the option once then it was gone the next time I tried to play. Is everyone else really fixed?

Irenae
03-01-2014, 12:38 PM
I started having connection issues, DDO launcher only says "Installing Pre-reqs". And I hear that this is common for a lot of players, and yes it started on February 28th at the exact time of the DDO birthday stuff. As soon as the DDO birthday stuff started taking place I could no longer log into the game? So yes, could you please make something for everyone who missed DDO birthday stuff because of this issue? Doesn't need to be a lot, just a pleasant surprise of any kind would be appreciated.

Ladywolf
03-01-2014, 02:57 PM
had issues yesterday. The resolved towards the end of the day. Today though, on one toon it won't let me log in at all.

Simonhook
03-01-2014, 03:11 PM
I started having connection issues again, DDO launcher stuck on "Installing Pre-reqs". As a VIP, and have been for 8 years, this is starting to get me upset. In the last 6 days, 3 days have been plagued by connection issues.

Irenae
03-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Indeed, just got paid wanted to go to do the premium shopping in DDO store only to find installing prereqs instead and now can't login. Oh well I guess another game needs my money more.

Bolo_Grubb
03-01-2014, 04:54 PM
On Friday I was fine, now today I crash with every zone change.

I can't log in with 3 of my characters or I crash. I have rebooted my computer, my router and my cable modem several times. It is only the DDO I am having trouble with. Other games work just fine. Browsing, streaming movies all work just fine.

DDO no luck.

Is there anything I can do, or do I just have to wait until the problem fixes its self?

pippit820
03-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Ughhhh, stuck at Installing Pre-Reqs. What the heck Turbine??!!!!!

crazycaren
03-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Was fine Friday. Well, normal DDO lag issues plus Healing Spring didn't work. But now I'm stuck in loading screens or can't get past character selection screen.

Blayster
03-01-2014, 06:15 PM
pylotro/lotrolauncher user here...

Launcher gets stuck in what I believe to be the "installing pre-reqs" error for you guys:

Reading launcher configuration...
--2014-03-01 16:04:48-- http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx
Resolving gls.ddo.com... 74.201.102.13
Connecting to gls.ddo.com|74.201.102.13|:80... failed: Connection timed out.
Retrying.

--2014-03-01 16:06:56-- (try: 2) http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx
Connecting to gls.ddo.com|74.201.102.13|:80...

If you try to ping gls.ddo.com, you get no response at all:
localhost ~ $ ping gls.ddo.com
PING gls.ddo.com (74.201.102.13) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- gls.ddo.com ping statistics ---
95 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 94000ms
localhost ~ $

This happened with no firewall active whatsoever. I am just posting this here as maybe Turbine is not aware that this is coming as early as establishing connection with GLS Center.

Dungeon-Inquistor
03-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Ughhhh, stuck at Installing Pre-Reqs. What the heck Turbine??!!!!!

Ditto.

I am stuck at Installing Pre-Reqs, too.
My other non-Turbine game clients load up fine without any hassle.

ping gls.ddo.com

Pinging gls.ddo.com [74.201.102.13] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 74.201.102.13:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

tracert gls.ddo.com

Tracing route to gls.ddo.com [74.201.102.13]

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router [192.168.2.1]
2 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.
3 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms 172.
4 8 ms 11 ms 10 ms
5 8 ms 9 ms 10 ms
6 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms
7 71 ms 22 ms 22 ms .ptr.us.xo.net []
8 108 ms 108 ms 105 ms .ptr.us.xo.net []
9 105 ms 103 ms 103 ms .rar3.denver-co.us.xo.net []
10 * * * Request timed out.

03-02-2014 at 10:55 PM:
Finally able to reach GLS.DDO.COM and log in.

IMaraudU
03-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Me and guildie on Ghallanda just froze up and cant get back in. my screen stuck on cleaning up old connection.

Uska
03-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Managed to get on Khyber but lost it trying to zone to meridia

Fedora1
03-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Was fine all morning and into the early afternoon. Got progressively worse as the day went on. Finally couldn't even use chat or move stuff from bank to inventory, then couldn't move at all. G-Land.

Tracing route to gls.ddo.com [74.201.102.13]

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
2 1207 ms 1232 ms 1289 ms 99-95-200-3.lightspeed.chtnsc.sbcglobal.net [99.
95.200.3]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 39 ms 24 ms 33 ms 72.157.38.54
6 39 ms 39 ms 33 ms 12.81.68.0
7 35 ms 33 ms 33 ms 12.81.68.52
8 39 ms 39 ms 39 ms 12.81.104.107
9 35 ms 33 ms 39 ms 12.81.98.50
10 36 ms 42 ms 35 ms 12.81.105.57
11 34 ms 33 ms 36 ms 12.81.100.38
12 36 ms 39 ms 38 ms 12.81.56.56
13 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms 12.81.56.63
14 33 ms 33 ms 34 ms 74.175.192.54
15 47 ms 50 ms 43 ms cr2.rlgnc.ip.att.net [12.123.152.110]
16 47 ms 47 ms 46 ms cr1.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.3.170]
17 43 ms 43 ms 42 ms gar13.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.81.245]
18 69 ms 46 ms 45 ms 192.205.36.142
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 55 ms 78 ms 56 ms 0.xe-11-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.166]

21 58 ms 58 ms 57 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

22 59 ms 57 ms 57 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.107]
23 59 ms 57 ms 57 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

24 62 ms 57 ms 58 ms 74.201.102.154
25 58 ms 60 ms 58 ms 74.201.102.13

Trace complete.

Razor19
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Here is what I have been experiencing:

1. Can't log into certain zones without freezing, including House K, Reaver Refuge, and several quests.
2. Once game freezes and loses connection I can't log the character back into the game as it gets stuck on loading screen.
- A work around for this is to use the Transport to Eberron button on the character selection screen to get back to hall of heros
3. The freezing problem is only on Argo server for me. I logged into Cannith and had no problems transitioning zone to zone or into House K
4. I can enter some quests, but it is variable on how it needs to be done. Sometimes I have to go first and then make a group sometimes I need to create a group and have someone else go first
5. Earlier in the day I was able to use Transport to Forgotten Realms to get to ES, but then it began freezing and I had to use the demon web to ES cavern entrance

It would be nice to hear that someone at Turbine is looking into the issues being reported by several players and provide some feedback as at least in my case it would be disingenuous to say it was an "internet" problem since it only happen on the Argo server.

Jumiyo
03-02-2014, 04:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Quick question - is anyone from Cannith able to log and play DDO?

I can't log on to Cannith server but am able to log onto Sarlona and other servers. Cannith - I can't get to the character selection screen and times out (after 20 attempts to connect).

I am thinking this is a Cannith specific issue - given I can connect with other servers.

Thanks!

moomooprincess
03-02-2014, 06:11 AM
Posted in the other thread, I have logged in and out of Cannith numerous times Friday, Saturday, and today Sunday, which is very early morning.

I am one of the lucky ones, I have had no issues whatsoever.

moomooprincess
03-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Back in August was the first big time problem like the one that is occurring now

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/421788-Update-Regarding-Connection-Issues-from-August-3rd-5th

Baraz
03-02-2014, 11:51 AM
I am also having problems with Cannith. I am stuck on the docks of Korthos island not being able to move or inter act with anyone. It worked fine in stormreach harbor, but it died as soon as I got to Korthos.

JCass2813
03-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I haven't been able to log onto any server in ddo since mid February. I can choose my character and after that it either freezes or shuts down the game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried resetting my graphics and resolution. Nothing works.

Cordovan
03-06-2014, 09:35 AM
I haven't been able to log onto any server in ddo since mid February. I can choose my character and after that it either freezes or shuts down the game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried resetting my graphics and resolution. Nothing works.

Please get in touch with Technical Support. You can do this by going to support.turbine.com, then clicking on "Support Center" and then "Submit a Ticket." Send it to Technical Support. Thanks!