PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Supremacy

bennyson
02-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Arcane Supremacy:

Your offensive spells gain a 10% chance to trigger Arcane Supremacy

Arcane Supremacy: +25% Spell Critical Chance, +100% Spell Critical Damage. 12 seconds duration. This effect may trigger only once every 90 seconds.

+25% bonus to crit with spells....with a +100% increase in critical damage...

Does this make Evoker Wizards more powerful than Evoker Sorcerers who specialize in one of the four elemental attacks?

Xyy
02-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Short answer, No. Arcane Supremacy is not enough to make up for a sorc's nuking goodness. Casting time, spell power, caster level, spell points for meta's, all these things keep a sorc ahead in the nuking department. I suspect that Arcane Supremacy brings a wiz about on par to a sorc for 12 secs.

Lanhelin
02-28-2014, 03:31 PM
AS is a great enhancement for Wizards not specialized on dmg. If you're specialized on dmg it wont't be that noticable I guess. Then it'd have to be like +200 Crit chance and +350 spell crit dmg or something like that.

Tilomere
03-01-2014, 12:06 PM
AS is a great enhancement for Wizards not specialized on dmg. If you're specialized on dmg it wont't be that noticable I guess. Then it'd have to be like +200 Crit chance and +350 spell crit dmg or something like that.

Imagine if you had 90 universal spell power from enhancements, 60 universal from implements and set bonuses, 20 positive from an epic feat, 120 positive and lore from gear (gauntlets of immortality), 20 from a pot, 50 from skills, and 20 from an action boost, and 15 from Shiradi.

Then you arcane supremacy a healing spring ....

Eth
03-03-2014, 04:44 AM
Imagine if you had 90 universal spell power from enhancements, 60 universal from implements and set bonuses, 20 positive from an epic feat, 120 positive and lore from gear (gauntlets of immortality), 20 from a pot, 50 from skills, and 20 from an action boost, and 15 from Shiradi.

Then you arcane supremacy a healing spring ....

...and then you notice you are playing a palemaster - doh!

Ancient
03-03-2014, 07:46 AM
I like arcane supremacy so much that the next rewrite of my shiradi build will be called palemaster supremacy.

Wiz and sorc still play differently, so "better" is tough to qualify. Supremacy goes off at the right times far more often then the wrong ones, and is 10 seconds of godmode when it does. During those ten seconds, I am ahead of any sorc I have met. Other times, instakill is faster (and can work in EE) or Draconics can have more dps (especially pure). It depends what you want.

If you want do to see it in action, I uploaded an EE von3 solo video to the achievements section yesterday. The build in the video is a palemaster shiradi with monk/FVS splash. I consider arcane supremacy to be one of the key aspects of the build.

HatsuharuZ
03-03-2014, 10:30 AM
I don't like how this ability is so random. It would be nice if it were an activated ability. No need to change the duration or the cooldown.

Ancient
03-03-2014, 10:56 AM
I don't like how this ability is so random. It would be nice if it were an activated ability. No need to change the duration or the cooldown.

It is less random than it looks at first glance. Time spent running or shrining counts against the 90 seconds. So it typically fires in the first sizeable fight and then about every 3 fights after that.

I open with chain missile (spell) -> chain missile (sla) -> magic missile (sla) -> chain missile (spell).

If Arcane supremacy is off timer, that sequence has a greater than 90% chance to fire it. I then like to fire off energy burst/wild shots/toss boulder and then repeat the chain missile sequence again. Even on EE, that tends to clear large amounts of opponents.

It is true that sometimes it does fire at strange times. That is rare, and part of being a chaos mage is accepting that sometimes things happen.

HatsuharuZ
03-03-2014, 01:02 PM
It is true that sometimes it does fire at strange times. That is rare, and part of being a chaos mage is accepting that sometimes things happen.

Who is a chaos mage? This is the archmage capstone. :P

bennyson
03-03-2014, 01:35 PM
This is the archmage capstone. :P

It is not a capstone, its a tier five ability that gets locked out if you take tier five in another wizy tree

The capstone is Master of Magic

Ancient
03-03-2014, 01:43 PM
It is not a capstone, its a tier five ability that gets locked out if you take tier five in another wizy tree

The capstone is Master of Magic

To nitpick the nitpick on the nitpick.

Mastery of Magic is one of the wizard capstones :) There is also Master of Death and Eldritch Blade. Granted, Master of Magic is the Archmage capstone.