PDA

View Full Version : generating ki as a shuriken thrower

Nodak_Attack
02-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Hey, new to game and made a shuriken monk. Having a blast! but I just got to lvl 6 and 10k stars but I can not use it because I never have ki. Since i'm not creating ki on weapon hit, whats the best way to get to 20? I need some sort of passive regen, whats the best way to get? Could I just raise my wis and concentration? thanks for the help =)

barecm
02-27-2014, 10:07 AM
You can run in Water stance until 20 when you can unlock Epic Destinies. From there, tier 3 enlightenment will grant a passive regen as well. The same applies for all the monchers out there. I run earth stance on my moncher but have twisted in enlightenment to keep my 10k stars always ready.

Dexraven
02-27-2014, 10:15 AM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Henshin_Mystic_enhancements

Henshin Mystic Tier 2 ability Contemplation

+1/+2/+3 Concentration and Will Saves. Rank 3: Your passive Ki regeneration is increased by 1.

Toro12
02-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey, new to game and made a shuriken monk. Having a blast! but I just got to lvl 6 and 10k stars but I can not use it because I never have ki. Since i'm not creating ki on weapon hit, whats the best way to get to 20? I need some sort of passive regen, whats the best way to get? Could I just raise my wis and concentration? thanks for the help =)

As stated above mystic tier II contemplation 3rd rank has ki regen.

And you probably missed in ninja spy tier I

Stealthy: +1/+2/+3 Hide and Move Silently. Rank 3: While centered and Sneaking, your passive ki regeneration is increased by 1.

LordTigerDawn
02-27-2014, 10:59 AM
you can also use your meditation feat.

Nodak_Attack
02-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Hmmm, I took the sneak3 enhancements, that got me up to a base of 14 ki. I don't think ocean stance does anything for my regen yet. I'm going to try and stack some wis and concentration and see if that helps. Anything else im missing? I'm still a little ways from the henshein enhancement

Firewall
02-27-2014, 01:45 PM
WIS, CON and concentration define the amount of Ki you can store.

Passive Ki regeneration comes mainly from Master Water Stance available at lvl 12, Contemplation and Stealthy. Enlightenment in epic levels adds another point to that. I would try to get my concentration skill as high as possible and take Contemplation as soon as you can. At the beginning of a quest while the party is buffing sit down and meditate to get a good starting amount of Ki. If you have Stealthy Tier 3 you can sneak between fights to regenerate more Ki.

Nodak_Attack
02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
There's no way to gain ki with ranged weapons?

Seems like I can sit at about 10% ki without it going down now, which is 13-14 and I cant get passed that. my thought is that if I get more wis and concentration my ki pool will be bigger and that 10% will be higher. I only need to get to 20

Nodak_Attack
02-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Well I now got to lvl 7 and I can get up to 28 ki by sneaking, so no worries all I had to do was lvl. Thanks for all the quick replies, love this build so far

Nodak_Attack
02-27-2014, 04:31 PM
well that 28 ki was in town but the point is its getting better, thx

Daze
03-01-2014, 11:29 AM
What Firewall said (shuricannon author).

At lvl 6(or7) 10k stars is the most powerful move you've got. You wont be able to keep it on cooldown without some planning. Also keep in mind that it's effectiveness will be determined by your wisdom.