PDA

View Full Version : Make Dragon touched Armor relevant and sought after again.

Goregnash
02-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Dragon touched armor has taken a backseat to the lower ML and higher bonus dragonscale armor. The quests are a pain to run considering the tempest runes are all so random.

Please make the following changes to bring back up to par with ML benefits 2 levels higher than dragonscale.

1. Make all runes with bonuses BOE. (Not the runes used to purchase armor.)
2. Add a passive 3% stackable dodge bonus.
3. Remove completely the Armor penalty for skill checks.
4. Improve the max dex bonus to +2 over its respective dragonscale equivalent.

Thanks!

Teh_Troll
02-27-2014, 08:58 AM
it would need a FULL epicification to be relevant with a level 28-30 level cap.

I'm looking forward to seeing EE Stealer of Souls.

barecm
02-27-2014, 09:02 AM
Dragon touched armor has taken a backseat to the lower ML and higher bonus dragonscale armor. The quests are a pain to run considering the tempest runes are all so random.Please make the following changes to bring back up to par with ML benefits 2 levels higher than dragonscale.1. Make all runes with bonuses BOE. (Not the runes used to purchase armor.)2. Add a passive 3% stackable dodge bonus.3. Remove completely the Armor penalty for skill checks.4. Improve the max dex bonus to +2 over its respective dragonscale equivalent.Thanks!]As much as I would like to see them breath life into some of the old content, this particular area was never really fully developed nor of much interest due to the lack luster abilities on that armor. I don't think Turbine is reinventing wheels these days; which is sad. That armor could have been awesome if they made that an epic area or something. The idea of customizing you gear is great and one of the few places I think they have the system right, just not the abilities currently available. They just can't see beyond FR development right now. The random token drop is great, the ability to crunch them if they are useless... it all works quite well. They just need to up the abilities and such to match the times.

Goregnash
02-27-2014, 09:20 AM
]As much as I would like to see them breath life into some of the old content, this particular area was never really fully developed nor of much interest due to the lack luster abilities on that armor. I don't think Turbine is reinventing wheels these days; which is sad. That armor could have been awesome if they made that an epic area or something. The idea of customizing you gear is great and one of the few places I think they have the system right, just not the abilities currently available. They just can't see beyond FR development right now. The random token drop is great, the ability to crunch them if they are useless... it all works quite well. They just need to up the abilities and such to match the times.

I would disagree with the bonuses available on the runes, there are many many nice runes you can apply. Healing amp, custom stat bonuses, exceptional stacking stat bonuses.

I do agree though that an epifcation would be nice to see. My original post however was specific to bring the Armor up to par as it is today which is for a level 16-20 specific armor set.

bsquishwizzy
02-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Dragon touched armor has taken a backseat to the lower ML and higher bonus dragonscale armor. The quests are a pain to run considering the tempest runes are all so random.

Please make the following changes to bring back up to par with ML benefits 2 levels higher than dragonscale.

1. Make all runes with bonuses BOE. (Not the runes used to purchase armor.)
2. Add a passive 3% stackable dodge bonus.
3. Remove completely the Armor penalty for skill checks.
4. Improve the max dex bonus to +2 over its respective dragonscale equivalent.

Thanks!

Actually, there is a use. Heavy armor between Dragonscale, and epic armor you basically have nothing. I mean, if you are lucky enough to farm Cavalry Plate you're OK. But between 14 and 20, it's kind of a wasteland. Dragontouched has a ML of 16.

Problem is that by the time you get done getting everything you need to make it, you’ll use it for maybe 1 or 2 levels before you trade up for epic armor. So it sits in your bank waiting for when you TR.

Typical of a lot of named and/or crafted stuff in DDO…

Seikojin
02-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Yeah this whole pack needs a boost.

Munkenmo
02-27-2014, 01:35 PM
]As much as I would like to see them breath life into some of the old content, this particular area was never really fully developed nor of much interest due to the lack luster abilities on that armor. I don't think Turbine is reinventing wheels these days; which is sad. That armor could have been awesome if they made that an epic area or something. The idea of customizing you gear is great and one of the few places I think they have the system right, just not the abilities currently available. They just can't see beyond FR development right now. The random token drop is great, the ability to crunch them if they are useless... it all works quite well. They just need to up the abilities and such to match the times.

Are you kidding me?

I remember when everyone, and I mean everyone wore DT and minos legens.

It was a very run pack with a lot of interest, the reason people were put off it in the old days was the random nature of the runes, not the properties they could put on your armor.

That said, I don't really see the value in upgrading reavers fate, their armors have been mostly superseded by Dragon Scale armors for TR's.

A new pack with an updated version of the DT system would be cool though.