PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Bard PL for completionist

Aglabac
02-25-2014, 10:26 AM
It will be last life before Completionist, so any advice in a build?
An easy build to hit lvl 18 as fast as possible.
I have GS Gaxe.
I have 2GS khopeshs.
I have tons of wraps.
All gear needed (a lot of lives behind).

Id like 2wf, evasion... trapper?
He must be able to solo (VoN3,Bloody crypt, Shadow Crypt), so selfheals, dps
I? openned to any build

MadCookieQueen
02-26-2014, 10:27 AM
It will be last life before Completionist, so any advice in a build?
An easy build to hit lvl 18 as fast as possible.
I have GS Gaxe.
I have 2GS khopeshs.
I have tons of wraps.
All gear needed (a lot of lives behind).

Id like 2wf, evasion... trapper?
He must be able to solo (VoN3,Bloody crypt, Shadow Crypt), so selfheals, dps
I? openned to any build

Since you only want the PL, I'm not going to argue for the awesomness of being a bard for end game.

My TR framework for a 2wf khopesh user (who's been through a fair number of lives):

6 rogue
6 ranger
8 whatever.

I go human for the extra feat. I take khopesh proficiency early and greater two weapon fighting as soon as possible. The stats get tricky but with a human it's a little easier to manage.

good luck!

Lonnbeimnech
02-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Since you only want the PL, I'm not going to argue for the awesomness of being a bard for end game.

My TR framework for a 2wf khopesh user (who's been through a fair number of lives):

6 rogue
6 ranger
8 whatever.

I go human for the extra feat. I take khopesh proficiency early and greater two weapon fighting as soon as possible. The stats get tricky but with a human it's a little easier to manage.

good luck!

Heh, I was going to suggest this build.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435460-Avatar-of-Eilistraee

:p

Dendrix
02-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Neutral, levels 1-20 sorc.
Then use +20 stone to get bard levels.

Enoach
02-26-2014, 11:43 AM
If bard is not your thing then I also recommend doing a multi-class with enough Bard levels to qualify. The only classes you cannot use are:

Monk & Paladin

So the question is which class(es) did you enjoy playing the most. As long as your character is not lawful you can build it for the first 18 levels (reserving levels 19-20 for the last 2 bard levels just before you TR)

I've had friends that enjoyed their barbarian and used the 6/14 Barbarian/Bard - Using Songs for buffs and concentrating on the number of Rages vs length of Rages.

Taking the first 6 levels as barbarian and then Bard from that point on.

MadCookieQueen
02-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Heh, I was going to suggest this build.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435460-Avatar-of-Eilistraee

:p

thanks for the nod but the OP wanted evasion and traps...Ellie doesn't do those ^^

Munkenmo
02-26-2014, 03:00 PM
9druid/2rogue/9bard

leveling order

1rogue>9druid>1rogue>9bard.

MadCookieQueen
02-27-2014, 07:21 AM
9druid/2rogue/9bard

leveling order

1rogue>9druid>1rogue>9bard.

Out of curiosity why not take the 2 levels of rogue right away for evasion and then go druid and then bard?

katz
02-27-2014, 08:08 AM
the SECOND build on this link (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/431943-Katzklaw-s-house-of-LOLWUT?p=5187380&viewfull=1#post5187380) was created for a multi-TR on his way to completionist who was worried he would hate bard.

he liked it so much he went back for more using the same build on another character.

Lanhelin
02-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Out of curiosity why not take the 2 levels of rogue right away for evasion and then go druid and then bard?

I guess it's because of more Skill points with increased Int by used Tomes later. It's easier to raise low skills like UMD or Spot or other Rogue class skills at a Level where you have more points available instead of at Level 2. If it's for Evasion only, then ofc it doesn't matter when to take the second Rogue Level.

@OP: regarding soloing eg. VoN 3 I guess the easiest way is to build a cc/Enchantment focused Bard with some Healing equipment and take a melee Hire that you can heal. Though this probably would be no TWF build, but soloing the Marut on Elite in melee at level without a potent and not dumb Healer (aka Hire) could be frustrating, simply because the Marut is ten levels higher, does pretty high damage and has quite much HP. But you (scroll-)healing a melee Hire should result in first try success. At least I experienced this with an Enchantment Wiz, while in my melee life I got owned by him, despite of sonic resistance and chaotic bypass weapon.

Munkenmo
02-27-2014, 01:12 PM

Because you require 9 druid levels to access the natural fighting feats, and for BAB reasons, you'll really want to pick your first one up at level 9.

The first 9 levels are quite easy on a wolf form build anyway, they get lots of self healing, with remarkably good aoe damage. Google pastlifenmo for a more indepth build.

Bab Reasons :

At level 9 on a 9druid or a 7druid / rogue you would not qualify for improved critical.

your feats up until that point likely look like

1: human - power attack, (bonus cleave)
3: dragon mark of passage (ddoor is pretty sweet)
6: great cleave
9: meta magic.

I don't feel like the meta magic is a particularly useful choice at 9 for a TR build.

the_one_dwarfforged
03-10-2014, 03:21 PM
build im currently doing for a bard life

16/2/2 bard/clr/rog. lvling order: brd/2 clr/2 rog/15 bard.

using this build with sos and it is so awesome i cant wait to do it again, sos gets the best of both worlds from the warchanter bonus damage enhancements because the higher crit range = more iced edges procs which actually i have seen on my buff bar at 30 sec durations, and the x3 crit mult is the same as a gaxe so the +1 mult from howl of the north means big numbers. rogue and cleric are pretty self explanatory. i started out with either 8 or 10 int (dont remember) because i dont like putting points into stats like that on melees...with a +4 tome skills are a little tight and between concentration, perform, umd, search, and disable one will be pretty gimped for a while but they even out. i decided on thf because i felt that due to the bab prereqs for feats i would be able to effectively twf before the life was almost done. there certainly is room for all of the feats needed though. focused more on the right side of the warchanter tree because im using mari chain and stoneskin clickies so the bard dr song didnt appeal to me especially since it has a fairly short duration, and i personally dont think 6% double strike is worth 10% fort unless you are building your doublestrike to higher than 6%. also you get more dps for your points spent on the right side than for the left, started with the left side and the difference really is night and day. your mandatory solo quests are easily done, can solo pretty much everything.

the build started a bit slow with the low bab, low charges/durations of bard songs, and no weapon proficiencies until lvl 12 (masters touch makes up for it, another reason i went thf instead of khopeshes) but noticeable at 12 and up the build takes off and never looks back. perma haste and displace, super easy very high sustained strength (with 1.5 mod if thf, yum with x4 crit mult on 19-20 rolled gcleaves) and sprint boost and some cc if you decide you dont want to obliterate everything in sight.

if the build needs any more selling, the class icon in the party list is totally awesome and playing bard songs is cool.