PDA

View Full Version : LF advice - 12 ftr / 6 mnk / 2 rng archer build

mikarddo
02-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Greetings

I am looking to play a 12 ftr / 6 mnk / 2 rng (not iconic) build through the epic levels. It would probably be wise to play it as a melee blitzer with manyshot on the side but I would prefer to play a mostly archer this life (most quests in Fury, some possibly in LD).

Since I cannot use the top of the AA tree as I would have on a monkcher with 6 rng I am thinking I should use Kensei as my tier 5 enhancement tree for extra crits from Keen Edge.

I am trying to work out the best feat for this - assuming human but open to other ideas - just not iconic. I have +5 tomes and making stat reqs fit isnt an issue.

I lean towards these feat.
Human: Cleave
Heroic: PA, Precision, PBS, Precise Shot, WS: Ranged, Power Crit, Master of Forms
Monk: Dodge, Deflect Arrows, 10k + Adapt autogranted at monk 6.
Ftr: Zen Archery, G. Cleave, WF: Ranged, GWF: Ranged (needed to get to Keen Edge in Kensei, unfortunately), IC: Ranged, Manyshot, IPS
Rng: Bow Str and Rapid shot both autogranted.
Lvl 21: OC
Lvl 24: CA

Comments and ideas to improve the feats taken are most welcome. In particular I am also eyeing GWS: Ranged but didnt have the room to fit it in.

kuro_zero
02-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Greetings

I am looking to play a 12 ftr / 6 mnk / 2 rng (not iconic) build through the epic levels. It would probably be wise to play it as a melee blitzer with manyshot on the side but I would prefer to play a mostly archer this life (most quests in Fury, some possibly in LD).

Since I cannot use the top of the AA tree as I would have on a monkcher with 6 rng I am thinking I should use Kensei as my tier 5 enhancement tree for extra crits from Keen Edge.

I am trying to work out the best feat for this - assuming human but open to other ideas - just not iconic. I have +5 tomes and making stat reqs fit isnt an issue.

I lean towards these feat.
Human: Cleave
Heroic: PA, Precision, PBS, Precise Shot, WS: Ranged, Power Crit, Master of Forms
Monk: Dodge, Deflect Arrows, 10k + Adapt autogranted at monk 6.
Ftr: Zen Archery, G. Cleave, WF: Ranged, GWF: Ranged (needed to get to Keen Edge in Kensei, unfortunately), IC: Ranged, Manyshot, IPS
Rng: Bow Str and Rapid shot both autogranted.
Lvl 21: OC
Lvl 24: CA

Comments and ideas to improve the feats taken are most welcome. In particular I am also eyeing GWS: Ranged but didnt have the room to fit it in.

Remove Power Critical. Replace with one of the fighter feats. 12Ftr feat =GWS: Ranged. You get the same +2dmg on crits in addition to +2dmg per non-crit.

mikarddo
02-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Remove Power Critical. Replace with one of the fighter feats. 12Ftr feat =GWS: Ranged. You get the same +2dmg on crits in addition to +2dmg per non-crit.

Good point. Power Crit also adds +2 to confirm crit though which I wonder how to value. You are likely correct that GWS: Ranged is still better but its not as clearly cut as you present. Possibly I could drop dodge maxing that without the feat and getting both. I will see if I can make that fit.

EllisDee37
02-25-2014, 09:01 AM
Since I cannot use the top of the AA tree as I would have on a monkcher with 6 rng I am thinking I should use Kensei as my tier 5 enhancement tree for extra crits from Keen Edge.You can if you go elf and use the racial AA tree.

mikarddo
02-25-2014, 11:10 AM
You can if you go elf and use the racial AA tree.

True, and good point. It does carry a cost in AP though to open the racial AA tree as well as the lost feat from human. Its something to consider though, so I thank you.