PDA

View Full Version : Update 21 - Round Four

KookieKobold
02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
We have updated Lamannia and brought it online with the fourth round of Update 21.

Squeak will update the Release Notes and Known Issues shortly.

BOgre
02-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Character Copy still fudged, Schedule not on the Calendar. Pass.

Hendrik
02-18-2014, 04:39 PM
We have updated Lamannia and brought it online with the fourth round of Update 21.

Wewt!

Hope to see you and +Squeak this weekend KK!

:)

count_spicoli
02-18-2014, 04:46 PM
will premium players be able to give this one a go?

pasterqb
02-18-2014, 04:50 PM

Not soon enough :(

PsychoBlonde
02-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Faster, Squeak, faster!

PsychoBlonde
02-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Okay, this is weird, I exited Lamannia because the DDO store wasn't working and now when I try to log in it says "no subscription for DDO found".

PsychoBlonde
02-18-2014, 05:32 PM
aaand it magically fixed itself. Lamannia. So hilarious. :D

lyrecono
02-18-2014, 05:32 PM
couldn't get the pack in the ddo shop (again)

Also, the gate houses on the bridge to the new content could use some decoration, they look great but unfinished. Some shields? flags/torch holders? etc

Satyriasys
02-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Theres some new tab in the ampersand menu. Some sort of preview window or something? Anyone know what this is?

PsychoBlonde
02-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Theres some new tab in the ampersand menu. Some sort of preview window or something? Anyone know what this is?

I saw it too, curious as to what that's about.

murf201
02-18-2014, 05:55 PM
I saw it too, curious as to what that's about.

It's probably for the new collectible trading card thingy !!

PsychoBlonde
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
It's probably for the new collectible trading card thingy !!

Aha, that makes sense!

Ivan_Milic
02-18-2014, 06:49 PM

You have a weird definition of shortly.

Drwaz99
02-18-2014, 07:26 PM

So by Friday-ish?

xTethx
02-18-2014, 08:01 PM
So far have noticed the shadow raid has gotten some visual upgrades and a few slight changes during the mirrors :)

About to go in end fight and see if anything is different.

Edit: A few visual and mechanical changes to end fight, no more piking on top :), Battlebones finally got a name now :)

Edit 2: BTW the quest teleporters and forge teleporter is working.

xTethx
02-18-2014, 08:34 PM
New shadow dragon armor can be made from 50 shadow scales and 240 comms of valor, armor is exactly the same as was listed, armor can also be upgraded and gain a green slot of for 50 more scales and 240 comms of valor.

Havok.cry
02-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Don't you love it when your coworkers make a liar out of you.

EllisDee37
02-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Squeak will update the Release Notes and Known Issues shortly.Will it be sometime tonight or can I stop refreshing the release notes page every 15 minutes?

Andoris
02-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Character Copy still fudged, Schedule not on the Calendar. Pass.

You really really need to fix Character Copy.

Personally, I tried to build a new toon on Lam, however the lag and DC issues I faced while trying to use the dojo made it unworkable -- add to the fact that if you are not on when devs are on your loot is poor at best (and I would say the dev dropped loot is not optimal either).

If you want us to really test and experience the content -- we need to have Character copy working.

Cleanincubus
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM
As others are saying, Character Copy not working is horrible! I had to make a new Pale Master, to try and copy my existing one on Live. Went to the Dojo to look for a Robe of Shadows, because it's what I use on Live. The highest level one I found was a level 16 version, in fact there were 2 of them right next to each other, rather than one of them being a level 20 version (I use the level 24 on Live). So at the very least, if the Character Copy isn't going to be worked on, please update the items in the Dojo to reflect what is in the game, even if you need to remove some of the lower level stuff to make room.

Another issue with having to start a new character, is actually getting to Eveningstar to check out the new content. No Key to the City, because there's no Character Copy. As well as I wasn't able to find the Hall of Heroes Passport in the store, nor was I able to find the new content in the Store. So rather than testing out any of the new content, I had to run the Web of Chaos chain to get to Eveningstar. After spending all that time, even with a lvl 28 character on Heroic Casual, that was enough for the night and I just logged off.

Seriously now, can we get a Developer or Community Manager to comment on the Character Copy, as to why it's not going to fixed any time soon? For most players, there were never issues with getting it to work, for years. Now suddenly it's "broken" for so many of us that it's ultimately turned off as a result, and isn't returning for the foreseeable future? Some clarification and transparency would me very much appreciated.

Satyriasys
02-18-2014, 09:55 PM
As others are saying, Character Copy not working is horrible! I had to make a new Pale Master, to try and copy my existing one on Live. Went to the Dojo to look for a Robe of Shadows, because it's what I use on Live. The highest level one I found was a level 16 version, in fact there were 2 of them right next to each other, rather than one of them being a level 20 version (I use the level 24 on Live). So at the very least, if the Character Copy isn't going to be worked on, please update the items in the Dojo to reflect what is in the game, even if you need to remove some of the lower level stuff to make room.

Another issue with having to start a new character, is actually getting to Eveningstar to check out the new content. No Key to the City, because there's no Character Copy. As well as I wasn't able to find the Hall of Heroes Passport in the store, nor was I able to find the new content in the Store. So rather than testing out any of the new content, I had to run the Web of Chaos chain to get to Eveningstar. After spending all that time, even with a lvl 28 character on Heroic Casual, that was enough for the night and I just logged off.

Seriously now, can we get a Developer or Community Manager to comment on the Character Copy, as to why it's not going to fixed any time soon? For most players, there were never issues with getting it to work, for years. Now suddenly it's "broken" for so many of us that it's ultimately turned off as a result, and isn't returning for the foreseeable future? Some clarification and transparency would me very much appreciated.

There should be doors to Eveningstar in the center island of the dojo. There are some nice wondrous craftsmanship items on the ah but I agree in that the items in the loot room need a serious overhaul.

lyrecono
02-19-2014, 12:07 AM
There should be doors to Eveningstar in the center island of the dojo. There are some nice wondrous craftsmanship items on the ah but I agree in that the items in the loot room need a serious overhaul.

at the moment of opening and up to this point those doors were not spawned

Also:

The new pack isn't in the store!

RedOrm
02-19-2014, 01:59 AM
New shadow dragon armor can be made from 50 shadow scales and 240 comms of valor, armor is exactly the same as was listed, armor can also be upgraded and gain a green slot of for 50 more scales and 240 comms of valor.

So they actually do want us to pay cov's for all the new loot? FAIL...
The only way that is going to work is if cov's drop in *seriously* big numbers in these quests, but I'll believe that when I see it on live.
Pity, I was looking forward to this new mega quest, but without loot I can actually afford... pass.

Greetz,
Red Orm

G_Lich
02-19-2014, 02:15 AM
240 coms of valor is chump change, 2400 also for endgame set. stop whining

Battery
02-19-2014, 03:23 AM
240 coms of valor is chump change, 2400 also for endgame set. stop whining

when it takes 2 runs up to 28 for the average player to get enough comms for an ETR 240 is not chump change which makes this pack have zero raid loot so what's the incentive of doing it?

Portalcat
02-19-2014, 04:12 AM
when it takes 2 runs up to 28 for the average player to get enough comms for an ETR 240 is not chump change which makes this pack have zero raid loot so what's the incentive of doing it?

240 is trivial. I can farm that in 1-1.5 hours with a mediocre EE PUG.

The CoV requirements that have been listed for this system aren't very daunting, both compared to ETR and given the fact that you're getting endgame weaponry out of it.

Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. This is very doable for an endgame system, especially when you're farming comms at level cap because you're sitting there to run the raids in the first place. This could be so much harder. See "Shadows, Sword of", "Prince Raiyum-de II, Torc of" and any other old epic raid loot.

lyrecono
02-19-2014, 04:49 AM

240 is trivial. I can farm that in 1-1.5 hours with a mediocre EE PUG.

an average player is not a medicore EE pug.
Still, assuming you run quests between the raids (and are not using 20 raid timer bypasses), you'll have the coms faster then the other ingredients.

Problem is: why bother building end game gear only items?, nice for com farming maybe?
I the min level was far lower i might have considered it but as it stands now, a lot of the static raid loot is sub par, there is no reason for a lot (but not all) people to stay at cap.

ishr
02-19-2014, 06:13 AM

for the love of god fix character copy. you are testing new content against trash toons that would never exist on live. any analysis you derive is inherently flawed unless it accounts for this factor. my guess is that when the majority of content hits live it will be easily defeated by masses of properly built/geared toons.

Steelstar
02-19-2014, 06:16 AM
armor is exactly the same as was listed

Many of the loot changes based on Lamannia feedback didn't make the build that got pushed to Lamannia yesterday, including the changes to the Shadowscale Armor that DocOc described in the Loot threads.

Satyriasys
02-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Looks like my black dragonhide got renamed to shadow dragon armor, oops.

Firewall
02-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Can we have Release Notes please? They were promised for yesterday.

DemonStorm333
02-19-2014, 08:13 AM
somone must have let squeak out of the trap a little too soon last night lol no release notes or known issues how am I suppose to know what to try not to do lol

Teh_Troll
02-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Problem is: why bother building end game gear only items?, nice for com farming maybe?
I the min level was far lower i might have considered it but as it stands now, a lot of the static raid loot is sub par, there is no reason for a lot (but not all) people to stay at cap.

Yup.

Nobody power-gamey enough to run this stuff consistently will stay at 28 for any significant amount of time. It's a very questionable course for the game.

Unless they really do intend on making some method of bankable/storable XP.

Satyriasys
02-19-2014, 08:28 AM
There does need to be some high level loot though so it doesn't replace all the lower level stuff. With the increase in level cap and as people get more of their past lives staying at cap will be more common. We still have Anauroch and who knows what else is coming in the future.

Nibor
02-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Yup.

Nobody power-gamey enough to run this stuff consistently will stay at 28 for any significant amount of time. It's a very questionable course for the game.

You keep saying no one will play at level cap. Serious question. Back when lvl cap was 20, and heroic TR was available, why did people play epics at 20 to get gear you could only use at lvl 20? What needs to change to make that happen with lvl 28/30 as the level cap?

Wipey
02-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Because there was like 100 times more stuff to do, people to play with and loot.
And you didn't need 257 bajitrillions xp.
Simple.

Teh_Troll
02-19-2014, 08:44 AM
Because there was like 100 times more stuff to do, people to play with and loot.
And you didn't need 257 bajitrillions xp.
Simple.

What he said.

SirShen
02-19-2014, 08:58 AM
There does need to be some high level loot though so it doesn't replace all the lower level stuff. With the increase in level cap and as people get more of their past lives staying at cap will be more common. We still have Anauroch and who knows what else is coming in the future.

Yes we are going to love an area were Spells no longer work and once-powerful weapons lie inert and YET more undead. I must be the only one sick of undead.

Wizza
02-19-2014, 09:01 AM
You keep saying no one will play at level cap. Serious question. Back when lvl cap was 20, and heroic TR was available, why did people play epics at 20 to get gear you could only use at lvl 20? What needs to change to make that happen with lvl 28/30 as the level cap?

- You could do an epic quest ONLY 1/day.
- No reentries. If you wiped, you wiped.
- Shard/Seal/Scroll system was MUCH better in terms of replayability and longevity of a quest.
- Epics were harder without EDs.
- No rerolls.
- You could not buy Shards and Seals.
- No raid bypasses means that if you wanted to TR, and you had like 15 Abbot, you had to wait those 5 more completions (so 5x3 = 15 days) before TRing to get your 20th list.

To get a Shard of Antique Greataxe you actually had to farm it for a whole month (and much more for some items) with 1/day rule.

xTethx
02-19-2014, 09:05 AM
- Shard/Seal/Scroll system was MUCH better in terms of replayability and longevity of a quest.
- No rerolls.
- No raid bypasses means that if you wanted to TR, and you had like 15 Abbot, you had to wait those 5 more completions (so 5x3 = 15 days) before TRing to get your 20th list.

To get a Shard of Antique Greataxe you actually had to farm it for a whole month (and much more for some items) with 1/day rule.

Yep. Not to mention the sheer amount of variety in top builds. Destinies destroyed this.

Teh_Troll
02-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Yep. Not to mention the sheer amount of variety in top builds. Destinies destroyed this.

Pontificate on this.

maddmatt70
02-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Yup.

Just not true there are a lot of people that want to play at cap they just need a reason to do so. Secondly, I know a lot of people will ETR a character and while that character is being ETR play other capped characters. That is the way true reincarnation always worked for many people. They would true reincarnation a character and work on that character and while that character was being TRrrd run raids with other characters which is exactly what will happen now that we might have some raids to run.

maddmatt70
02-19-2014, 09:29 AM

I do not know Teth I remember a time when everyone had Favored Soul specializing in evocation and pale masters specializing in Necromancy before destinies. Other then raids of course.

Teh_Troll
02-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Just not true there are a lot of people that want to play at cap they just need a reason to do so. Secondly, I know a lot of people will ETR a character and while that character is being ETR play other capped characters. That is the way true reincarnation always worked for many people. They would true reincarnation a character and work on that character and while that character was being TRrrd run raids with other characters which is exactly what will happen now that we might have some raids to run.

We'll see in a few weeks. I'm betting I'm right.

taurean430
So, I've been on lammy all this am working on getting a toon up to speed to run the new raids. There have been some minor issues. But the reason I am posting is because I logged out and quit the client a few mins ago and it appears your login server for lammyland is kaput. First I got a 'Down' indicator. After reloading the client a couple times more, I am now stuck on 'Retrieving downloadable content.'

Any chance of a fix devs? Been working on building up a character to run for a few hours now. Not cool to be stuck not able to get in after putting this much time into just having something to run over there...

Teh_Troll
I do not know Teth I remember a time when everyone had Favored Soul specializing in evocation and pale masters specializing in Necromancy before destinies. Other then raids of course.

Shssshhhh!! I want to hear his reply.

taurean430
02-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Seems to be working again now. Weird...

danotmano1998
02-19-2014, 09:46 AM

Back when 20 was cap, we had great loot to farm for. Difficult quests to build for. A thriving raid scene. No pay to bypass timers. A healthier population. No random loot surpassing named loot.
Now....

count_spicoli
02-19-2014, 09:52 AM
I think this is what they are trying to fix with this update. I just hope the loot is perfected to the point where people really want to run this stuff.

And what madman said is exactly how I used to play the game. A few toons at cap and a few TRing and playing them both.

Grosbeak07
02-19-2014, 10:26 AM
- No rerolls.

And everyone complained on the forums just as much as they do now.

GoldyGopher
02-19-2014, 10:29 AM

Any update on Release Notes?

Kalevor
02-19-2014, 10:44 AM
- No rerolls.

Ahhhh, good old days... back in that time you always known what to expect from everyone... wizards knew their place to be (CC only)... now, don't ask me about it... arggg

DemonStorm333
02-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Any update on Release Notes?

known issues are updated hoping the notes are soon to follow

GoldyGopher
02-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Back when 20 was cap, we had great loot to farm for. Difficult quests to build for. A thriving raid scene. No pay to bypass timers. A healthier population. No random loot surpassing named loot.
Now....

No we didn't. Your statement is kind of like when grandparents talk about walking to School 4 miles away up hill both ways. Why can I say that, because as the Guild Leader of one of the Founding Guilds and a Raiding Guild I have records.

Between Module 6 and the Release of Ebberon Unlimited (Update 0 officially) the Twilight Avengers ran 638 PLS Raids or which equates to just over 1 raid a day, PLUS another 680 scheduled Shroud raids. That's over two raids a day for my guild. I should note that due to the lack of "named loot" in the Shroud it is not considered a PLS Raid for TA, PLS stands for Positive Loot Score is a method that we use in guild to make distribution of Raid Loot equitable for all members.

The level cap was increased to 20 with the release of Eberron Unlimited and increased to 25 with Update 14. During that Time TA ran 404 raids plus 8 scheduled Shroud Runs which equates to 3 raids every 4 days, or .75 Raids a day.

There is a significant drop off on the number of raids run when the level cap increased to 20, another drop off when the level cap increases to 25 and further drop off when 28.

Why, because there is no reason to run raids more than enough times to get you required number of Heroic Commendations. I run 8 to 10 Vault/Plane of Night raids a week, FOR XP on four characters. A few times a week I drop out once the dragon is at 25% health so I can run the first part for XP again. Give me a reason to finish the Raids and I will.

SqueakofDoom
02-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Release Notes ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-2-19-2014%29?p=4503430#post4503430') and Known Issues ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376772-Lamannia-Known-Issues-%28Last-Updated-2-7-2014%29') have been updated.

Stoner81
02-19-2014, 11:14 AM

Try 8-12 months! That is how long it took me to get one and that is running the quest twice a day pretty much everyday.

Stoner81.

Teh_Troll
02-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Ahhhh, good old days... back in that time you always known what to expect from everyone... wizards knew their place to be (CC only)... now, don't ask me about it... arggg

Now everyone knows their job is to hjeal meh.

/progress.

Wizza
02-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Release Notes ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-2-19-2014%29?p=4503430#post4503430') and Known Issues ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376772-Lamannia-Known-Issues-%28Last-Updated-2-7-2014%29') have been updated.

So this fourth round is basically useless. You could have typed the XP set in the Raids and we could have told if those are good or bad values without even logging on lama.

die
02-19-2014, 11:31 AM
You really really need to fix Character Copy.

Personally, I tried to build a new toon on Lam, however the lag and DC issues I faced while trying to use the dojo made it unworkable -- add to the fact that if you are not on when devs are on your loot is poor at best (and I would say the dev dropped loot is not optimal either).

If you want us to really test and experience the content -- we need to have Character copy working. yes that is fun, but I built 3 28s and they are god enough too try the content out and test. That is all that is really needed , yes its kinda a drag but it only took me 15 minutes or so, and I got too cap all my destines that was fun too see what I could get!

danotmano1998
02-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Give me a reason to finish the Raids and I will.

Like unique loot?

No we didn't. Your statement is kind of like when grandparents talk about walking to School 4 miles away up hill both ways. Why can I say that, because as the Guild Leader of one of the Founding Guilds and a Raiding Guild I have records.

I didn't say it was better. But the raiding scene was more populated, simply because before MOTU the raid/epic gear was the absolute best you could get, but it required working towards. Now if you run the wheloon quests at 15, you get +8 stat gear. If you run any high level epics, you can get random loot that puts most of the old raid loot to shame with no grinding required.

So it's simple, really. Why would anyone grind a raid for no xp over and over to eventually acquire gear that is worse than what you find lying about in the streets? Boredom? Masochism? Epeen? Shineys that nobody cares about?

Running raids for xp isn't always the best return either, with the exception of a couple like Von.

So what draws people to the raiding scene in todays DDO?
Answer: Not much, as evidenced by the lack of LFM's I see up on a daily basis.
Whereas once upon a time I could log in and be guaranteed a raid lfm would be up, or several, or that if I put one up it would fill fairly quickly, now this is not the case.

Why? Not much incentive to run raids from what I can reason out.

Here's to hoping that changes with the latest releases. I used to enjoy keeping an army of alts at cap so I could join in on whatever I found active that day. I have ended up deleting most of my characters simply because there isn't any reason to have a stable of alts, and today's gaming environment rewards you for running from 1-28 over and over and over and over and...

danotmano1998
02-19-2014, 11:46 AM
NEW: A feature that allows you to purchase and immediately consume a Siberys Spirit Cake with Astral Shards when you die is now available: just click on the “Revive” button that appears near the Quest Objective panel when you die. Naturally, this feature is not usable in Raids.

So long as you guys DO NOT PHASE OUT the siberius cakes in the DDO store than can be purchased by Turbine Points, this is not a big deal.
Oh, and don't put the button in a place that is easily misclicked on, and MAKE SURE there is a confirmation dialogue box. Please.

NEW: The XP has been set.

Any chance we can just get the numbers directly instead of having to rely on someone completing the currently uncompletable raid to post the results?

count_spicoli
02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
And everyone complained on the forums just as much as they do now.

Ha ha so true.

Epicstorms
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Any chance we can just get the numbers directly instead of having to rely on someone completing the currently uncompletable raid to post the results?

Epic Normal of Temple of the Deathwyrm is 23,092 XP. (It came from the depths, shadow raid, etc)
Epic Normal of Fire on Thunder Peak is 17,328 XP. (Dragons and Dragons Raid)

There are also some changes in the shadow raid itself that i noticed;
such as that almost all monsters can now see invis.
Pillars everywhere in the room now, looks better.
The big blast bug (or whatever it's called) seems fixed, or I was lucky.

Did not try the other raid yet.

danotmano1998
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Epic Normal of Temple of the Deathwyrm is 23,092 XP. (It came from the depths, shadow raid, etc)
There are also some changes in the shadow raid itself, such as that almost all monsters can now see invis.
Did not try the other raid yet.

Thanks! +1!

MeliCat
02-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Pontificate on this.

Lemme guess - the cynical reference to sheer amount is exactly 3: caster shiradi, a furyshotter, and a centered THF - and BF. The *real* question they can't ask about DC is "would you play this destiny instead of Shiradi?" Probably worth starting a different thread though.

I am disappointed in the XP amounts. XP is one of the incentives to run things and a raid should be much higher. A large amount of XP is a huge incentive for people to run things such that you actually get grouping happening. While initially these raids may be run for novelty and loot, as a long term incentive a higher XP rating might help keep the population required for such a high level raid to get a look in. If you are not prepared to set the XP higher now, could you please look at this later?

count_spicoli
02-19-2014, 02:05 PM

This can't be serious. After just having gone thru xp changes that brought us a level 28 non raid that gives 61 norm xp they give us a raid that has the xp of some level 12 heroic quests. Come on devs what are you thinking?

Vellrad
02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
This can't be serious. After just having gone thru xp changes that brought us a level 28 non raid that gives 61 norm xp they give us a raid that has the xp of some level 12 heroic quests. Come on devs what are you thinking?

I'm glad.
We won't be seeing noobs on barb with magister 0 offering nothing to group for XP.

Mindos
02-19-2014, 02:48 PM

And still the Paladin capstone doesnt give weapons of good?

Satyriasys
02-19-2014, 02:53 PM

My only guess is it's some sort of marketing decision to sell more XP items on the store? I have no idea, there is no way anyone could seriously think this was reasonable.

Teh_Troll
02-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm glad.
We won't be seeing noobs on barb with magister 0 offering nothing to group for XP.

You should feel honored to be able to hjeal them.

Kalevor
02-19-2014, 03:26 PM

/kobold voice on

Really!? Really!??

/kobold voice off

How much can scale up this xp on hard/elite?? ... not enough i presume...

count_spicoli
02-19-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm glad.

Ah good point.

Oxarhamar
02-19-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm glad.

Agreed +1

Give us loot, Give us CoV, give use ingredients in the raids.

nibel
02-19-2014, 06:37 PM
- No rerolls.

Also, you had to gather 20 Epic Tokens to TR, or 20-30 tokens to buy a single augment. There were people that went to farm past lifes, and saved their tokens to TR, and others that grinded epic gear, and saved their tokens for augments. Also, while you could buy hearts on the store, you couldn't buy augments from there. So, many people actually thought it was better to save their tokens for augments.

Some augments also required epic raid tokens, which, as it says, comes from epic raids. So it incentived people to run epic raids if they wanted stuff like +1 exceptional stat or weapons with a +7 enchantment bonus.

You had 10 raids to play at cap with relevant loot for various builds (eVoN, eDQ, eChrono, Abbot, Shroud, ToD, VoD, HoX, LoB, MA), and with the exception of Shroud (most of the time), none of them were an autowin. If you gather a party for ToD, you had to be picky with some key members (main tank, off-tank, healer, shadow kiter) AND explain tactics to have a reasonable chance of success.

Outside the raids, we also had a healthy number of non-raid quests worthy playing. Vale was always popular for base GS mats. Refuge were a common stop for dragontouched armor. Amrath were ran all the time for the belts, and IQ was not that much behind with Mindsunder loot that required the discs (no 3rd completion list at the moment). And, of course, all the epic quests for seals, scrolls and tokens.

Tomes also didn't stayed on you if you TR, so some people would actually set up for their life, and never TR to not lose their tomes. People that jumped on the TR train usually had a gold sink buying +1 and +2 tomes from the AH for every life (+3 and +4 were raid only and BtC). And since they were not at level cap farming expensive gear to refill their plat reserve, it helped the economy.

So, I don't think it is only "one thing" that changed the scene. It was a series of changes that seemed good at first, but slowly killed the endgame scene. The raising of level cap to 25 with MotU was the biggest gap because it instantly killed the 10 raids without offering nothing in return (CitW took another month to arrive). EDs also raised the power level of all characters in the game to ludicrous amounts. A fully-geared level 25 character without any ED is weaker than a sub-geared level 20 character with a good capped ED. The power gamers noticed this fast, and to keep their power level in check, they switched to the dreaded "ED farming" in Rusted Blades.

IMO, it is impossible to Turbine to recover the endgame scene as it was pre-MotU soon. Epic Reincarnation means almost no one that cares about it will stay at cap for long (making ML cap gear useless). EDs means that a level 20 or 28 character don't differ much in power, but they still are capped on which quests they can enter by level gates (and overlevel penalties). With U21 we will have 4 "endgame" raids (CitW is level 24, it will not be "endgame" when the cap raises because level 30 characters will give a penalty to XP there). They have a long way to pave to return to the good days of solid endgame.

Andoris
02-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Also, you had to gather 20 Epic Tokens to TR, or 20-30 tokens to buy a single augment. There were people that went to farm past lifes, and saved their tokens to TR, and others that grinded epic gear, and saved their tokens for augments. Also, while you could buy hearts on the store, you couldn't buy augments from there. So, many people actually thought it was better to save their tokens for augments.

Some augments also required epic raid tokens, which, as it says, comes from epic raids. So it incentived people to run epic raids if they wanted stuff like +1 exceptional stat or weapons with a +7 enchantment bonus.

You had 10 raids to play at cap with relevant loot for various builds (eVoN, eDQ, eChrono, Abbot, Shroud, ToD, VoD, HoX, LoB, MA), and with the exception of Shroud (most of the time), none of them were an autowin. If you gather a party for ToD, you had to be picky with some key members (main tank, off-tank, healer, shadow kiter) AND explain tactics to have a reasonable chance of success.

Outside the raids, we also had a healthy number of non-raid quests worthy playing. Vale was always popular for base GS mats. Refuge were a common stop for dragontouched armor. Amrath were ran all the time for the belts, and IQ was not that much behind with Mindsunder loot that required the discs (no 3rd completion list at the moment). And, of course, all the epic quests for seals, scrolls and tokens.

Tomes also didn't stayed on you if you TR, so some people would actually set up for their life, and never TR to not lose their tomes. People that jumped on the TR train usually had a gold sink buying +1 and +2 tomes from the AH for every life (+3 and +4 were raid only and BtC). And since they were not at level cap farming expensive gear to refill their plat reserve, it helped the economy.

So, I don't think it is only "one thing" that changed the scene. It was a series of changes that seemed good at first, but slowly killed the endgame scene. The raising of level cap to 25 with MotU was the biggest gap because it instantly killed the 10 raids without offering nothing in return (CitW took another month to arrive). EDs also raised the power level of all characters in the game to ludicrous amounts. A fully-geared level 25 character without any ED is weaker than a sub-geared level 20 character with a good capped ED. The power gamers noticed this fast, and to keep their power level in check, they switched to the dreaded "ED farming" in Rusted Blades.

IMO, it is impossible to Turbine to recover the endgame scene as it was pre-MotU soon. Epic Reincarnation means almost no one that cares about it will stay at cap for long (making ML cap gear useless). EDs means that a level 20 or 28 character don't differ much in power, but they still are capped on which quests they can enter by level gates (and overlevel penalties). With U21 we will have 4 "endgame" raids (CitW is level 24, it will not be "endgame" when the cap raises because level 30 characters will give a penalty to XP there). They have a long way to pave to return to the good days of solid endgame.

/This

I couldn't agree more -- this it the best writeup of what is wrong with end game that I have seen in a while.

Thank you.

mandotheneset
02-20-2014, 03:09 AM

I agree, this is exactly the issue, and excellently put. I desperately hope the endgame reincarnates into something promising. Though so far, it looks like Turbine's confused on what it's class is. :\

Eth
02-20-2014, 03:35 AM
So the major change on the new build is that the shadow dragon raid cannot be completed.
Seriously?

Wizza
02-20-2014, 04:23 AM
So the major change on the new build is that the shadow dragon raid cannot be completed.
Seriously?

The XP. Don't forget the XP.

MeliCat
02-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Really good write up nibel. Thank you. Talking to my guildies about similar issues and you've summarized it well.

Steelstar
02-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Seriously?

During previous Lamannia runs, there had been reports of performance issues during the endfight due to large numbers of monsters on-screen at once. Much of the end fight was re-worked to address these issues, and during that process the Shadows in the end fight stopped using a behavior necessary to complete the Raid. This has been fixed internally.

lyrecono
02-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Like unique loot?

http://diehipster.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/unique-fork.jpg

I guess the static raid loot is special in some kind of way.

cdbd3rd
02-20-2014, 07:17 AM
Faster, Squeak, faster!

That sounds so dirty...

:p

SirValentine
02-20-2014, 07:43 AM
You had 10 raids to play at cap with relevant loot for various builds (eVoN, eDQ, eChrono, Abbot, Shroud, ToD, VoD, HoX, LoB, MA), and with the exception of Shroud (most of the time), none of them were an autowin.
<snip>
+3 and +4 were raid only and BtC

Plus Reaver's Fate. Sure, it was auto-win, but lots of people ran it regularly, too, because it had a decent chance of dropping +3 tomes (well, low chance in chest, but moderate on 20th list).

Suggestion: make the new raids, both the next 2 and all future raids, drop +6 bound-to-character tomes, and promise to NEVER, EVER, EVER sell +6 tomes in the DDO Store. Even people who don't care about the named items will run them for the chance of an otherwise-unattainable tome on 20th end reward!

Kalevor
02-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Plus Reaver's Fate. Sure, it was auto-win, but lots of people ran it regularly, too, because it had a decent chance of dropping +3 tomes (well, low chance in chest, but moderate on 20th list).

Suggestion: make the new raids, both the next 2 and all future raids, drop +6 bound-to-character tomes, and promise to NEVER, EVER, EVER sell +6 tomes in the DDO Store. Even people who don't care about the named items will run them for the chance of an otherwise-unattainable tome on 20th end reward!

this, even if you put a 10% probability to appear on 20th end reward people will do raids.

Teh_Troll
02-20-2014, 08:22 AM

it's funny . .. back when tomes didn't last through TR Reavers and VOD were run constantly for +3s.

I like yout +6 tomes idea, Turbine make it so.

Vellrad
02-20-2014, 08:26 AM
I don't like straight +6 tomes dropping, as it invalidates all tomes you previously had.
But upgrade +5=>+6, that would be great.

BOgre
02-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Here's a thought:

Hero's Tome of (Ability) - Same as current tomes except do not last through TR.
Reincarnate's Tome of (Ability) - Drop in +4 loot level chests over their Hero's counterparts (edit: or only in raid chests/20th lists), last through TR. (possibly even add +2ML on these)

taurean430
02-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Aren't the loot tables saturated enough?

BOgre
02-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Aren't the loot tables saturated enough?

Not if we cut the number of rand-gen slots in half as was suggested in the original DocOc Loot thread.

Wipey
02-20-2014, 09:31 AM
I like yout +6 tomes idea, Turbine make it so.
Hahahaha.
It's never gonna happen.
After 20 th raid rewards fiasco and messing loot tables to sell more" limited time offer" + 5 tomes ... Hey nevermind that people might have bought Bypasses or Loot gems to get those IN GAME.

In half a year, +6 tomes WILL BE in store (only I would guess ).

Hathorian
02-20-2014, 10:20 AM

50 shadow scales!!! That sounds like a lot!! How many scales do you get from completing the shadow dracolich raid on EN?

Hathorian
02-20-2014, 10:41 AM
what is the binding status of ingots, scales and Phlogiston? Unbound, hopefully, like shroud ingredients.

Hathorian
02-20-2014, 01:47 PM

How many comms of valor did you get from the end chests?

Shorlong
02-20-2014, 02:13 PM
50 shadow scales!!! That sounds like a lot!! How many shadow scales do you get from completing the shadow dracolich raid on EN?

I got 10 from completing on EN.

what is the binding status of ingots, scales and Phlogiston? Unbound, hopefully, like shroud ingredients.

I didn't get any Phlogiston, but I did get scales and ingots. Both were BTC.

How many comms of valor did you get from the end chests?

I don't think they have added them to the raid chests yet on the current build on Lam, I know they weren't there last week. They were, however, in the wilderness area.

Hathorian
02-20-2014, 02:25 PM
I got 10 from completing on EN.

I didn't get any Phlogiston, but I did get scales and ingots. Both were BTC.

I don't think they have added them to the raid chests yet on the current build on Lam, I know they weren't there last week. They were, however, in the wilderness area.

Thanks! BTC really, really sucks! I'm surprised we are gonna have to fight this battle again....

Approx how many vcomms were you getting in the wilderness? How many ingots in the wilderness and raids? Do ingots only drop in chests? How many ingots does it take to make a base thunderforged item? Lots of questions. :)

Shorlong
02-20-2014, 04:26 PM
If I can get a pass, I'll check the ingredient numbers. I did just check and the ingots I had are now unbound. Going to switch toons in a bit to check scales. Chests in the wilderness were dropping anywhere from 4-10 ingots from what I saw, and around 20 or more in the raids. Will be checking that as well.

Edit: Scales are BTC still.

Double Edit: Ingredients are low in number for the most part. I got the base weapon just from running around the wilderness area. Takes 20 Ingots and 15 commendations of valor. Tier one is 60 Ingots and 45 CoVs. Tier 2 is where things get ridiculous. 320 Ingots, 240 CoVs, 75 Fire Dragon scales and 25 Shadow Dragon scales (fire dragon scales are NOT the same as the red dragon scales.) The only Tier 2 that is different is if you want to do an orange or purple slot. That takes 720 Ingots and 240 CoVs. Scale number seems to change depending on what you are making. Some things take no shadow, some take no fire, some take 50 of each instead of 75/25. Either way, it's 100 scales for tier 2. Tier 3...wow. 800 Ingots, 600 CoVs, 200 scales, and 30 Dragon souls. I am assuming the Souls are getting changed to Phlogiston.

So, all in all, to make a tier 3 weapon (or orb) you need...

1,200 Ingots
900 CoVs
300 scales (of varying types)
30 Phlogistons

Shadow Scale armor is:

Base: 50 Scales, 240 CoVs
Upgrade: 50 Scales, 240 CoVs

TRIPLE EDIT!!! Not sure if it is because things aren't fully implemented, but I made the base Thunderforged Longbow. It makes teh animation of shooting, but nothing happens. No arrows are actually shot. Very weird.

Hathorian
02-20-2014, 09:59 PM
If I can get a pass, I'll check the ingredient numbers. I did just check and the ingots I had are now unbound. Going to switch toons in a bit to check scales. Chests in the wilderness were dropping anywhere from 4-10 ingots from what I saw, and around 20 or more in the raids. Will be checking that as well.

Edit: Scales are BTC still.

Double Edit: Ingredients are low in number for the most part. I got the base weapon just from running around the wilderness area. Takes 20 Ingots and 15 commendations of valor. Tier one is 60 Ingots and 45 CoVs. Tier 2 is where things get ridiculous. 320 Ingots, 240 CoVs, 75 Fire Dragon scales and 25 Shadow Dragon scales (fire dragon scales are NOT the same as the red dragon scales.) The only Tier 2 that is different is if you want to do an orange or purple slot. That takes 720 Ingots and 240 CoVs. Scale number seems to change depending on what you are making. Some things take no shadow, some take no fire, some take 50 of each instead of 75/25. Either way, it's 100 scales for tier 2. Tier 3...wow. 800 Ingots, 600 CoVs, 200 scales, and 30 Dragon souls. I am assuming the Souls are getting changed to Phlogiston.

So, all in all, to make a tier 3 weapon (or orb) you need...

1,200 Ingots
900 CoVs
300 scales (of varying types)
30 Phlogistons

Shadow Scale armor is:

Base: 50 Scales, 240 CoVs
Upgrade: 50 Scales, 240 CoVs

TRIPLE EDIT!!! Not sure if it is because things aren't fully implemented, but I made the base Thunderforged Longbow. It makes teh animation of shooting, but nothing happens. No arrows are actually shot. Very weird.

Awesome, thanks! Wow...at least 30 en raid completions for 1 weapon. Maybe a lot more. Plus running about 20 quests for vcomms. Sounds like a lot.

Hathorian
02-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Hmm...I've only been getting 3 ingots per rare chest in the wilderness dungeon. :(

Are there other ways to get ingots in the wilderness other than slaying red names? That cult of the dragon emissary is really tough!!

Shorlong
02-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Hmm...I've only been getting 3 ingots per rare chest in the wilderness dungeon. :(

Are there other ways to get ingots in the wilderness other than slaying red names? That cult of the dragon emissary is really tough!!

I know there is a locked chest in the beginning of the wilderness area, so there may be more hidden ones. I did a quick run through and only got one rare, but got 5 ingots from it. Red name pseudodragon. And yes, the emissary is tough solo. In a group we manhandled her, but solo, yikes. Everyone wondered what it would be like if the enemies got EDs...now we know!

Eth
02-21-2014, 03:22 AM
Could we get a word on what that new 'Reward List' window in the menu is about?
When opened it only says 'string table error'.

Will this be used to list saga progressions?

Eth
02-21-2014, 04:29 AM
Also tested the teleporter yesterday.
Flagged for the raid. Recalled. Bestowed the quest. Talked to the teleporter guy.
Landed right in front of the raid entrance. Good job!

Vellrad
02-21-2014, 06:12 AM
Awesome, thanks! Wow...at least 30 en raid completions for 1 weapon. Maybe a lot more. Plus running about 20 quests for vcomms. Sounds like a lot.

Good.
Something that requires effort and work to get is a good thing.
Finally.

die
02-21-2014, 06:38 AM
wow looking at the crafting now. Uhmm you really plan on us being in here for life now. L;O0L that is a lot of ingredients to get. years of collecting I would think

THOUSANDS OF ingots hundreds of two types of dragon scales not to mention the commendations of Valor. Ill hate this raid after a few run let alone hundreds of runs.

Oh well there is always a Hamster wheel. Choose to do or not to do that it is the question. I just don't have that kind of attention span any more.

Holybird
02-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Another new monster created for this pack is the helmed horror, a classic Forgotten Realms creature. These powerful animated constructs have several tricks up their armored sleeves. For one thing, they can fly. For another, they have elemental greatswords (per the 4th Edition Monster Manual) that gives their attacks an extra kick. There's another little old-school quirk about helmed horrors that I'll leave the wizards to figure out.

Human enemies lurk in Thunderholme as well. The Netherese and some of their associated monster friends make appearances. We also encounter the Cult of the Dragon for the first time in DDO; their emissary has some special tricks of her own.

And then there are the rares. I'll leave them as surprises for you to discover. But I will say that one of the rares is an old friend that I knew had to be in there as soon as I found out we were doing helmed horrors.

I spotted this from Dev Diaries. Does that mean that We see Nat Gann in the new content?

Eth
02-21-2014, 08:05 AM
Yes, Nat Gann is there but currently shrunken to the size of thumb. Looks hilarious.