PDA

View Full Version : LF range arti, x-bow spec

Choopak
02-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Sup guys

Kind of new to the artificer class, but would really like to try it out, TRing my old toon into this. What i'm looking for:
1) range with repeater x-bow (got 3 melee toons already)
2) willing to multi class (rogue mech sound sexy) or pure for more spell power
3) race: WF, Bladeforged, human or PDK.

I'm VIP so have access to all classes and all races. Got bunch of decent gear (2-3 good runearm) and enough plats to buy what i'm missing...
Really looking for advice and a build (or 2) would be awesome.

Thanks!

Cardtrick
02-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Hopefully someone else will chime in with a build, since I'm a little out of date on artificers.

But for advice, and something you can work on now, while you wait:

If you're going to use a runearm (and on an arti build that's anything more than a low splash, you probably will), you should make sure that one of your characters has enough Cannith favor (50) to buy Marks of House Cannith, and enough Cannith crafting skill (it doesn't take much) to create bound Shards of Masterful Craftsmanship.

Runearms always come "Craftable", meaning that you could add effects to them like a trinket via Cannith crafting. However, almost without fail, the best thing you can add is just a Shard of Masterful Craftsmanship and nothing else. This will allow you to use each runearm 2 levels earlier than you ordinarily would be able to, which is awesome at low levels. Unless things have changed a lot more than I think they have in the last couple of years, a low-to-mid-level high-int artificer with decent repeater crossbows and a higher-than-expected-level runearm is phenomenally powerful.

Blackheartox
02-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Sup guys

Kind of new to the artificer class, but would really like to try it out, TRing my old toon into this. What i'm looking for:
1) range with repeater x-bow (got 3 melee toons already)
2) willing to multi class (rogue mech sound sexy) or pure for more spell power
3) race: WF, Bladeforged, human or PDK.

I'm VIP so have access to all classes and all races. Got bunch of decent gear (2-3 good runearm) and enough plats to buy what i'm missing...
Really looking for advice and a build (or 2) would be awesome.

Thanks!

Have you considerd sun elf?

Choopak
02-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Have you considerd sun elf?

Not yet ;), but open... race is not a problem, finding the right build, class split is...