PDA

View Full Version : Log in Issues: Thursday, February 13th 10:30 AM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Cordovan
02-13-2014, 08:26 AM
UPDATED: Log in issues have been resolved. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

We are currently investigating an issue that is preventing players from logging into the game. We will keep you updated.

Bratlager
02-13-2014, 08:41 AM
We are currently investigating an issue that is preventing players from logging into the game. We will keep you updated.

My client is getting stuck at the loading pre reqs screen

katz
02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
lots of people are having that issue..

Miow
02-13-2014, 08:44 AM
ditto

Bratlager
02-13-2014, 08:47 AM
lots of people are having that issue..

Then I will stop rebooting my computer, LOL, glad to know it is not just me.

Clacker12
02-13-2014, 08:48 AM
same prob, i am in arkansas

Bratlager
02-13-2014, 08:48 AM
Then I will stop rebooting my computer, LOL, glad to know it is not just me.
5 free otto boxes and heroic hearts for all effected please!!!, lol, will give me lots to do while locked in my house for next 4 days because of all this snow and ice

the_one_dwarfforged
02-13-2014, 08:50 AM
was able to log in around 7 or 8 est, went to log into another server a while ago and started getting this, only just bothered to check the forums. glad to see that you guys at least know about this and have acknowledged it.

stargazer
02-13-2014, 08:51 AM
5 free otto boxes and heroic hearts for all effected please!!!, lol, will give me lots to do while locked in my house for next 4 days because of all this snow and ice

I agree!!

stargazer
02-13-2014, 08:52 AM
I see I am not the only one with loading issues. Is there any estimate on when this will be fixed?

Razorlan
02-13-2014, 08:54 AM
My client is getting stuck at the loading pre reqs screen
Same here - any eta?

regulator38
02-13-2014, 08:55 AM

Badforu same thing with me cant login-ohio

RUB
02-13-2014, 09:00 AM
not only for the second go, first on the 5th... but why must most players log 2-3 times just to play.

How many new players are being turned away because they see 2 fails to actual log in and move without a RED BOX or a set of DC's.

Somethings should be simplified, such as the loader, to a point where they work.
Yes I know some people have manufactured a preloader, that you need to have ubber hardware assets for... Hence not for the common player.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jbart9999
02-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Same Issue, and I really wanted to play. Siting in the house on a very snowy day. Don't think I'll be going anywhere for a few days. Hope they fix this glitch soon.

alphawolf3
02-13-2014, 09:04 AM
yup same here (western ma). no biggie tho. just a game. people act like its the end of the world when this happens. take this time to do something different instead of staring at the forums for hours. if you cant handle things like this happening then i recommend sticking to console game (less issues).

Cedwin
02-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Since the issue appears to be with http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx, yet https://gls-auth.ddo.com/GLS.AuthServer/Service.asmx is up and running fine, people running the linux loader (or any script that bypasses the launcher) should be able to connect just fine.

glennson
02-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Since the issue appears to be with http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx, yet https://gls-auth.ddo.com/GLS.AuthServer/Service.asmx is up and running fine, people running the linux loader (or any script that bypasses the launcher) should be able to connect just fine.

are we expected to download a third party program to log in ?

Cedwin
02-13-2014, 09:20 AM
are we expected to download a third party program to log in ?

Hah, no, they should have it up and running soon, just throwing that out there :)

slarden
02-13-2014, 09:21 AM

Do you have a link to it.

Dumisoth
02-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Seems to be working now.

Azurchaos
02-13-2014, 09:26 AM
KInda annoying was doing LoD EE chain with a good group and half way through Beyond the Rift i get kicks now i cant get back on? I see this eems to be an ongoing preblem for logging on but has any1 else been booted?

Kerria
02-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Same here. **** like this is making our guild start watching for a new mmo to jump to....many feel it is just more evidence the game is going to die from lack of being able to run in a stable manner. Add that to this http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/210667/Turbine_hit_with_layoffs.php and many wonder if the game will just go into an ever growing lag fest until all you can do, if you even get in, is stand and stare at the screen....never to move again.

dericwise
02-13-2014, 09:27 AM
of course this happens when half the US is out of work and school. Nice.

Im_Rob
Same Issue, and I really wanted to play. Siting in the house on a very snowy day. Don't think I'll be going anywhere for a few days. Long Island looks like the North Pole. Hope they fix this glitch soon.

I play in Northern Canada.

it REALLY looks like the north pole here. lol

Cordovan
Status: We're investigating and making progress, but are still working through the issue preventing players from being able to log into the game (getting stuck on "Installing Pre-Reqs".) We will keep you updated.

Seljuck
02-13-2014, 09:31 AM
You have a lesson now, never turn off DDO :D

Azurchaos
02-13-2014, 09:36 AM

i didnt turn off i got kickd ./cry

you dont think the ddo guys will compensate me the tokens i gonna miss by not being able to get the epic chest from Beyond do you ^^ i was so close just porting to the final fight. ( only needed 1 more to TR

Cedwin
02-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Looks like it just came back up

Rhik
02-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Same thing happened September 2013, now twice in one month, Feb. 5 and today. I never did see DDO give a reason it happened previously or what they did to fix it.

abroehl
02-13-2014, 09:38 AM

Never...

Rhik
02-13-2014, 09:40 AM

Back up for me too, cya all in the game.

ChromeX
02-13-2014, 09:41 AM

Nope Down for me. Was working fine 5 hours ago.

Stoner81
02-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Just logged in now so will see how it goes *crosses fingers*

Stoner81.

MTMag
02-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Up for me too, now to wait for it to redownload its bits since I thought it was a corruption issue before checking forums....

ChromeX
02-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Nope Down for me. Was working fine 5 hours ago. << disregard, logged in just after submitting

toaftoaf
02-13-2014, 09:45 AM
its up

Revolted
02-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Was getting ready to re-install Neverwinter, but then I remember that Neverwinter sucks, and DDO re-opened! So let's get back in the game!!

Cordovan
02-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Log in issues have been resolved. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

silverbullet6
02-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Log in issues have been resolved. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

Does anyone even know what is going on with this issue and what to do to fix it to play? I dumped the program and reinstalled it on a SSHD to get it off a SSD for more room and now I am having the same issues back in the August time frame for after logging in it tries to connect to whatever world I want to go to and the pointer starts to give the busy circle then disappears after a few seconds. I tried the other threads to try and fix it but did not work. I did have a pop up once asking if I wanted an outside source to run the vcredi 3 exe file and I said yes . Tried visual c++ 2005 reinstall and .net framework 1.1 reinstall did not work either thinking on dumping computer and starting since last time was around August with same issue but cannot figure out problem this time. Please if anyone can help I thank you.

Seikojin
02-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Does anyone even know what is going on with this issue and what to do to fix it to play? I dumped the program and reinstalled it on a SSHD to get it off a SSD for more room and now I am having the same issues back in the August time frame for after logging in it tries to connect to whatever world I want to go to and the pointer starts to give the busy circle then disappears after a few seconds. I tried the other threads to try and fix it but did not work. I did have a pop up once asking if I wanted an outside source to run the vcredi 3 exe file and I said yes . Tried visual c++ 2005 reinstall and .net framework 1.1 reinstall did not work either thinking on dumping computer and starting since last time was around August with same issue but cannot figure out problem this time. Please if anyone can help I thank you.

What you are experiencing is not the same issue as this topic.

Try installing the game on a local drive. Do you have any other drives besides ssd's?

stargazer
02-13-2014, 01:22 PM

Thanks for working on this and getting it back up so soon.

Dungeon-Inquistor
02-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Still can't log into Ghallanda.
I can log into Wayfinder.

PermaBanned
02-13-2014, 07:18 PM

Edit: Thelanis server, if it matters.

Think they may be creeping back? 4:45 pm PST my connection cycled from yellow to red, then game kicked me. After 6 tries to log in (3 hanging at "Installing prereques" 2 during the "Updating Files") I'm finally able to Sloooooowly log in, only to be stuck unable to move -in spite of green connection icon- though still able to communicate in party chat. After ~5 min of this, I tried to just log out, and this took several minutes (ok, 3-4 but still...) so I just quit - this all concluded at 5:10 pm PST. 25 minutes to go from playing fine to kicked to logged in but can't play...

Too bad, full run Threnal groups aren't the easiest to fill, now I'll have to try again later, assuming I can actually log in and play, that is...

amok_2010
02-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Sunday, 16 feb.

Have the same issue again, log in freezes at "installing pre regs"....best playing time...come on ;-(

Update: 3:05 Login works again:-) Thx anyway

Visagoth
02-17-2014, 12:16 PM
I am unable to connect to the patch servers, and therefore can not connect to the game =(

I have updated all my firewall settings and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Is there something going on?

Amalthius
02-17-2014, 01:13 PM
I am unable to connect to the patch servers, and therefore can not connect to the game =(

I have updated all my firewall settings and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Is there something going on?

I have been trying to login for three hours and can't get past the server logon screen. I can watch the feedback and see that there is no response from the login server and it runs through all 20 tries, then sits there. Having to minimize the screen and then click the box button that confirms that the server isn't responding. Why (as if I didn't already know...) do these server issues seem to come up on Sunday afternoons or US holidays, when I actually have time to play. GRRRR! Don't think it has to do with the client on your computer. Guess we will just have to wait for the glitch to clear . . . eventually. Have A Nice Day :)

Amalthius (L20/E4 Pally)...Dread Moon Guild(8 years in)...Thelanis

Killerbg
02-18-2014, 08:41 PM
not exactly a log in issue but it starts at character select and prevents me from loading into the game once i select any of the 10 characters i have. i keep getting flooded with multiple instances of the Awesomium Process.exe and nothing works to get rid of them

Jumiyo
02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone reply just as a sanity check? I have been away for 2 weeks (overseas travels). Came back - logged in - did Von 5/6 no issues.

Then logged off. Relogged an hour later to do Von 3 run ...DDO refuses to load. I have since tried 10+ times. Logon screen, enter password, select character, and then loading with the message "Welcome to Eberron" (long empty load bar)...just sits there and I lose connection. "Connection to server has been lost" message appears and am kicked out.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.

Jumiyo
02-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone reply just as a sanity check? I have been away for 2 weeks (overseas travels). Came back - logged in - did Von 5/6 no issues.

Then logged off. Relogged an hour later to do Von 3 run ...DDO refuses to load. I have since tried 10+ times. Logon screen, enter password, select character, and then loading with the message "Welcome to Eberron" (long empty load bar)...just sits there and I lose connection. "Connection to server has been lost" message appears and am kicked out.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.

Sorry me again. This is on Cannith.
My main character is JUMIYO - can't get in. But I can get in all fine on all my other toons .. log in and play then log out. Then try my main toon again - and get above message. Really weird. So I know it is not my network or PC...

JCass2813
02-23-2014, 02:13 PM
For the past week I've had trouble logging into any server on ddo. I can choose my character and it goes to the loading screen, then it freezes and shuts off and says that i'm experiencing loading issues.

Kyshara
02-23-2014, 08:15 PM
At least you can log in Jumiyo, Im from cannith too and I can't get past "Connecting to patch server". What's going on? o.O

Nodoby says anything on the forums. Am I the only player in the whole world who is having this issue? o.O

Kyshara
02-23-2014, 09:19 PM
That's nice. I'm trying to log in for 2 hours and there isn't a single turbine guy to reply on the forums or to say they are aware of the situation, I know I'm not the only one unable to login at the moment -_-

Minotaurup
02-24-2014, 05:07 PM
I am able to get to the choose character screen and hit connect, but the server never connects. The loading bar never moves and it eventually just closes out with an error message saying "Your connection to the server has been lost". I was on several hours ago, and it logged me out due to latency I think. Haven't been able to get back in since.

On a side note, I have had issues similar to other posters over the past several weeks where it let's me in 1st time connecting, but my character is frozen, so I have to close through task manager. Second attempt, logs in and I'm not frozen, but then disconnects on its own after 5-10 mins. Third attempt is fine and no reported issues after that USUALLY. Today I have tried to log in about 20x and nothing.

Please assist, it has been like this for 3-4 hrs.

Ivan_Milic
02-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Got dc, was stuck for 10 min on installing pre req.

QuietusRedux
02-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Stuck on installing Pre-Reqs on the launcher after being able to play yesterday. Tried "clean boot" of windows, restarting internet, restarting computer, reinstalling launcher, checking internet proxy settings on installer and internet in general, turned off firewall completely, and a number of things I can't remember right now because it's late. I submitted a ticket, so hopefully we can figure out what is going on.

EvillBitey
02-25-2014, 02:46 PM
trying to connect to Thelanis..

sometimes freeze on updating pre req, sometimes get a fail on waiting in line to connect, sometimes says servers are down for a few minutes then goes green.

IF i get to character select, on login the bar doesn't move and eventually crashes.

Jumiyo
02-25-2014, 04:45 PM
trying to connect to Thelanis..

sometimes freeze on updating pre req, sometimes get a fail on waiting in line to connect, sometimes says servers are down for a few minutes then goes green.

IF i get to character select, on login the bar doesn't move and eventually crashes.

Yes I get that too. I am on Cannith server. So it's not your laptop or LAN. This never used to occur - ever since the last batch of login in issues --- Turbine must have fixed it - nut introduced some new bug or so. I just keep trying - till I get in.

One wonders what new players would do ... they probably just give up thinking it's not working and play some other MMO... bye bye to another customer.... No wonder we are losing players in DDO. Simple things can't seem to be fixed!

Pocahauntsus2wo
02-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Twitter line for DDO Unlimited made a request an hour or so ago to remove Pando. I removed it, did a comp restart and so far no change in my ability to load as far as character screen. Signed in here, dropped back to launch the game one more time just to be sure and voila! I'm in. Maybe they needed me to sign in on the forums to pinch the system into remembering me. "oh, yeah him. Raise the tape boys. Might be best to keep him off the streets awhile yet".

EvillBitey
02-25-2014, 08:04 PM
able to login to thelanis now :D

Jumiyo
02-25-2014, 08:28 PM
At least you can log in Jumiyo, Im from cannith too and I can't get past "Connecting to patch server". What's going on? o.O

Nodoby says anything on the forums. Am I the only player in the whole world who is having this issue? o.O

Nope I think there is a ton of people who can't login - just that they not posted on the forums. They probably just 'gave up' and playing some other MMO.... that's reality.

I still can't log on to Cannith and I have deleted Pando launcher, logged into forums, rebooted, ... yes ... 2 hours wasted.

Let me know if you get in ! Maybe Cannith still has issues.

Jumiyo
02-25-2014, 11:49 PM
That's nice. I'm trying to log in for 2 hours and there isn't a single turbine guy to reply on the forums or to say they are aware of the situation, I know I'm not the only one unable to login at the moment -_-

Hi Kyshara... I came across (after 4 hours now of trying / reinstalling DDO etc) that my issue is one section of the city map in DDO. Wenever my toon (Jumiyo) tries to enter "The Harbour" it tries to load the map - and then "loses connection". I logged in and selected on the character screen "Transport to Forgotton Realms" (didn't go Eberron) ... and it works.

I then tested:
1. used a teleport scroll to go to "The Harbour" ... lost connection to server error and game terminated.
2. used a teleport scroll to go to "Market Place" and it was fine. I then went and walked to "The Harbour" and map loads ... and again ... ... lost connection to server error and game terminated.
3. walked to "The Tweleve", "Lords March Plaza" etc ... all working. I then went and walked to "The Harbour" and map loads ... and again ... ... lost connection to server error and game terminated.

VERY weird.

I suspect when I was trying to enter the game prior I simply tried to load the character back "into the Harbour" map.

So ... I guess for now I will stay away from the Harbour map... which means if I True Reincarinate I can't do all those low lvl quests, or, at my current level can't do LOD chain etc on epic.

Very very very strange... must be some corruption somewhere ... my pc?? on the server??

Not sure.

Propose anyone else --- who has this issue -- try login and select ""Transport to Forgotton Realms" - and avoid Harbour as that may be the issue. It is for me.....

godsdoom
02-27-2014, 01:50 AM
having problems logging in keep getting conecting to patch software then failed wats going on

reveur31
02-27-2014, 06:01 AM
Same here: cant connect to patchfile server for the last 2 days!

assimilateur
02-28-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm now repeatedly stuck on the loading screen at various stages (loading or receiving character data or cleaning up old connection). It shows a ludicrously low transfer figure, dropping to hundredth parts of 1 KB/s, and the progress bar doesn't move. This is on Cannith by the way.

This is also the first time - in recent memory - that I had this problem. I occasionally have launcher-related hang ups but those usually go away after a little /release, /flushdns, /renew or restarting my Steam client. And I don't think I even had the malware you're speaking of since when I got back in the game in late 2012 I installed the Steam version which was supposed to be clean. I have also never touched Lamannia.

UPDATE: I was finally able to get in after several tries where I didn't even get past the loading screen. But then it took maybe two minutes for my airship and UI to fully materialize and another minute or two before I was able to move. Something's definitely up. And no, my connection hasn't been acting up.

traitorian
02-28-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm now repeatedly stuck on the loading screen at various stages (loading or receiving character data or cleaning up old connection). It shows a ludicrously low transfer figure, dropping to hundredth parts of 1 KB/s, and the progress bar doesn't move. This is on Cannith by the way.

This is also the first time - in recent memory - that I had this problem. I occasionally have launcher-related hang ups but those usually go away after a little /release, /flushdns, /renew or restarting my Steam client. And I don't think I even had the malware you're speaking of since when I got back in the game in late 2012 I installed the Steam version which was supposed to be clean. I have also never touched Lamannia.

having same issue here

thanksforallthefish
02-28-2014, 01:35 PM

I having the same issue as assimilateur but on the Sarlona server. Couldn't even connect this past weekend (Attempt 20 of 20 failed), then connected just fine and played yesterday. This problem today. Not my internet as all other webs load fine.

oldkraft2
02-28-2014, 01:51 PM
kind of the same ..
character data seem not to load
logging on a server w no chars is going fine, others atm... 0.1kb/sec
very strange

SirJesto
02-28-2014, 01:56 PM
I having the same issue as assimilateur but on the Sarlona server. Couldn't even connect this past weekend (Attempt 20 of 20 failed), then connected just fine and played yesterday. This problem today. Not my internet as all other webs load fine.

Same here. Long time on loading screen and then can't do anything when I finally get into the game. Wayfinder server. Seems to be on all worlds....

Coningan
04-03-2014, 09:20 AM
And here I go...
Can't even open the launcher.
"Installing Pre-Requisits Sofware"
Stuck here forever.
Since yesterday

jt4803
04-05-2014, 09:50 PM
And here I go...
Stuck here forever.
Since yesterday

Been 2 days.

Avenir
04-07-2014, 04:39 PM
And here I go...
Stuck here forever.
Since yesterday

Got the same thing

Stormanne
04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm getting "Unable to patch TurbineLauncher.exe, error 12. Being used by another process" even after a restart into safe mode with networking...

Bloodrune
04-14-2014, 08:02 PM
UPDATED: Log in issues have been resolved. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

What was the fix for this. I'm getting "An update error occurred: Server connection timed out."

I'm assuming it's Turbine wide because I get the same trying to load LOTRO.

godsof
05-01-2014, 08:00 PM
having trouble logging in to game getting server connection timed out and cant find an issue in the ddo support form for what might of cosed it was on last night worked fine now cant deleted and am re installing any help would be great ty