AtomicMew
02-13-2014, 02:17 AM
DDO Mini/Multi Launcher (DDO-ML)
version 1.21
3/26/14

--PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING--
Download version 1.21: https://github.com/traversc/DDO-ML

Overview:
This is a small GUI interace similar to PyLotro. It is derived from an excellent command line Python Launcher by Kahath, which you can find here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/382010-How-to-launch-DDO-from-command-line). Several people including myself have been using this for quite a while, and I have generally recieved positive feedback. So I'd like to make it available to everyone.

Update:
Ver 1.2 - NOTE: You will need to re-encrypt your passwords if moving the XML file from 1.11 to 1.2.
Fixed issue with reserved characters (e.g. hypens) in account/passwords (probably)
Added option to choose subscription. See the example XML file.
Switched usage to long path folder names, should fix issue with deep folder names

Ver 1.11 - fixed issue with encryption
Ver 1.1

Included basic encryption - to encrypt your passwords, enter your passwords as usual and use the "Encrypt Passwords" tray menu option
Debugging option: to turn on debug mode, set debug=1 in the INI file. Output will be written to debug.txt
Ver 1.01 - Increased the connection timeout to 2 minutes (was 20 seconds). This helps with slower connections.

Known problems:
Ver 1.1: Default coordinates of the launcher are set a little too high for some screens. If you can't see the launcher after starting, change the X and Y entries in the INI file.
Ver 1.1: If you have problems launching the game, move your installation directory to a shallow path (e.g., C:\DDO) and reset the directory in DDO-ML.
Ver 1.1: The DDO-ML icon is broken. Now it's just a generic program icon.
Accounts with multiple subscriptions. The launcher chooses the first subscription, which is hopefully the correct one
Patching feature is untested. If it doesn't work, run the official Turbine launcher.
Background game launch (experimental) attempts to lock your current DDO window into the foreground. It is sometimes finicky (blame Microsoft).

Features:
One-click log in to one or multiple accounts
Automatic log in to specific toons
Automatically rename multiple DDO instances on launch
One-click close all non-active game windows (useful for multi-boxing)
Awesomium management
Game patching command (untested)
Background game launch (experimental)

How to use:
Open ddo-ml.xml in notepad or another text editor and replace the values for account name, password, etc. with your own. I think it's pretty self-explanatory. You can also create additional entries as you see fit, just make sure it is properly formatted or it will break.

Open up ddo-ml.exe. On the first run, it'll ask you to locate your DDO folder. Do so and press OK. Then enter your server name at the next prompt. Make sure you spell it correctly. If you need to change your server, right click on the tray icon and click "set server" and then restart DDO-ML.

Source code:
Source code is included if you want to make changes and compile it yourself. However, please do NOT widely distribute a modified executable without my permission. To build DDO-ML, you will need the following:
Python for windows
CxFreeze (to create windows executable wrapper for python scripts)
AutoIt (GUI interface)

Donation:
Donate by paypal if you'd like. (https://www.paypal.me/ddoml)

Munkenmo
02-13-2014, 03:37 AM
Awesome loader, just logged in all 6 of my accounts, automagically to the correct characters :)

Nice replacement for pylotro

EllisDee37
02-13-2014, 06:32 AM
What's <rename value>?

taurean430
02-13-2014, 07:07 AM
So, if I am interested and would like to try this out... which file(s)am I supposed to be downloading?

http://i.imgur.com/Pb4stZ2.jpg

cru121
02-13-2014, 07:22 AM
http://s14.postimg.org/6obla3jqp/download.png

taurean430
02-13-2014, 07:30 AM
http://s14.postimg.org/6obla3jqp/download.png

Lol, thanks!

Looked like greek to me...

Now give me a gunshot wound, car accident victim, or MI sufferer and you'll see miracles.

cru121
02-13-2014, 07:36 AM
looking at the screen shot, I wonder if the DOOM(L) is intentional or an honest typo.

katz
02-13-2014, 08:06 AM
i can't get it to work also. :(

edit: belay that. it might just be that the game is down... i'll report back when the game comes back up. XD

taurean430
02-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Haven't had any luck getting it to run either. I'm thinking that this may have to do with the program being keyed to work with a X64 bit OS as opposed to the X32 bit OS I have on this PC?

katz
02-13-2014, 10:29 AM
nope. still not working for me.

nothing happens

BOgre
02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Any chance getting this to work with the DDO Preloader?

Otherwise, nice little wrapper. Great time saver.

AtomicMew
02-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Haven't had any luck getting it to run either. I'm thinking that this may have to do with the program being keyed to work with a X64 bit OS as opposed to the X32 bit OS I have on this PC?

I'll re-compile for 32 bit tonight. Has anyone gotten it to work lol?

Any chance getting this to work with the DDO Preloader?

Otherwise, nice little wrapper. Great time saver.

It should work just fine with DDO preloader.

AtomicMew
02-13-2014, 01:20 PM
So, if I am interested and would like to try this out... which file(s)am I supposed to be downloading?

http://i.imgur.com/Pb4stZ2.jpg

You need to download all of it. Most of the files are python libraries.

BOgre
02-13-2014, 01:35 PM

What does that mean? Preloader doesn't call your ML program, it calls the launcher. Your ML program doesn't call the preloader, it does whatever you have IT doing...

So.... how are we to make ML "work fine" with the preloader on our end?

AtomicMew
02-13-2014, 02:10 PM
What does that mean? Preloader doesn't call your ML program, it calls the launcher. Your ML program doesn't call the preloader, it does whatever you have IT doing...

So.... how are we to make ML "work fine" with the preloader on our end?

I was under the impression that the preloader simply loads data files into RAM. All you need to do is run the preloader, then run any launcher.

katz
02-13-2014, 04:33 PM
the preloader loads the files and then also launches the game

BOgre
02-13-2014, 06:11 PM
I was under the impression that the preloader simply loads data files into RAM. All you need to do is run the preloader, then run any launcher.

Um, no. It does not work that way. Prob best to d/l it and see for yourself.

AtomicMew
02-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Hi guys, I recompiled everything in 32-bit. Please download it and see if it works this time.

It didn't work when i typed Salorna :(

Awesome launcher though, nice replacement for pylotro.

Um, are you sure you spelled it correctly? Sarlona not Salorna? ;o

If it still doesn't work, can you post your .ini and .xml file (removing your password). I'd appreciate help getting this to work for other people. Thanks :)

Munkenmo
02-14-2014, 01:43 AM
Hi guys, I recompiled everything in 32-bit. Please download it and see if it works this time.

Um, are you sure you spelled it correctly? Sarlona not Salorna? ;o

If it still doesn't work, can you post your .ini and .xml file (removing your password). I'd appreciate help getting this to work for other people. Thanks :)

It works fine with the correct spelling. I cant believe you missed the joke. ><

AtomicMew
02-14-2014, 01:45 AM
It works fine with the correct spelling. I cant believe you missed the joke. ><

Still missing the joke XD

taurean430
02-14-2014, 05:02 AM

That was the problem as far as my old machine goes. Thanks for doing a 32bit version! It's now working fine here. Nice tool man :)

katz
02-14-2014, 10:52 AM

works like a charm now.

thank you this is awesome!

katz
02-14-2014, 11:08 AM

in other words "it didn't work when i spelled it wrong! herpaderp! lulz"

so it works fine for him too.

also...i LOLed. XD

Munkenmo
02-14-2014, 04:30 PM
in other words "it didn't work when i spelled it wrong! herpaderp! lulz"

You really shouldn't put words in other peoples mouths.

katz
02-14-2014, 04:54 PM
You really shouldn't put words in other peoples mouths.

i was joking. that's what i would have said and how i would say it if i were making that joke. wasn't meant to be a crack at you or anything.

sorry

Panzermeyer
03-10-2014, 12:43 PM
I hear tell that this Launcher can be used with the game, update the game to Update 21 and run fine without the need to load up Akamai. Is this correct?

Bolo_Grubb
03-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Interesting if this still works

AtomicMew
03-10-2014, 02:21 PM
I hear tell that this Launcher can be used with the game, update the game to Update 21 and run fine without the need to load up Akamai. Is this correct?

Posted the response in the other thread:

I haven't had the chance to test the update function (mostly using the official launcher to update out of habit), but I'm sure Kahath knew what he was doing with the original python launcher. I'm certainly going to be testing it out later today because of Akamai.

myliftkk_v2
03-10-2014, 02:32 PM
[center]DDO Mini/Multi Launcher (DDO-ML)
version 1.01
2/12/14

How to use:
Open ddo-ml.xml in notepad or another text editor and replace the values for account name, password, etc. with your own.

Absolutely inappropriate to ask someone to do that.

At a minimum you should pop a gui and collect the password using adequate encryption techniques to make sure it's never stored anywhere.

Syrrah
03-10-2014, 03:28 PM
OK, tried the lite launcher to bypass the Akamai thinghy from reinstalling itself after I uninstalled it (first patched the game to U21).

Can't get it to work: a little window appears with acc1, acc2 etc. I select Acc1 and it says "login acc1" followed by "done ... Acc1", but nothing happens???

I have given DDO-ML full access in my firwall and put it as exclusion in Avast - my antivirus thinks DDO-ML is malware btw, but that is another discussion. The antivurus asked if I agreed with launching ddolauncher.exe, and I allowed this as well. But ddolauncher.exe does nothing and is not listed as a running program in taskmanager.

Yes, I have set the correct path (both by DDO-ML and manually), set the correct server, entered my password, account name (which is the "rename value" I guess) and character name.

Any ideas?

Win7 X64 on an i7 870 with 8 Gig RAM, in case that matters.

BOgre
03-10-2014, 03:32 PM
OK, tried the lite launcher to bypass the Akamai thinghy from reinstalling itself after I uninstalled it (first patched the game to U21).

Can't get it to work: a little window appears with acc1, acc2 etc. I select Acc1 and it says "login acc1" followed by "done ... Acc1", but nothing happens???

I have given DDO-ML full access in my firwall and put it as exclusion in Avast - my antivirus thinks DDO-ML is malware btw, but that is another discussion. The antivurus asked if I agreed with launching ddolauncher.exe, and I allowed this as well. But ddolauncher.exe does nothing and is not listed as a running program in taskmanager.

Yes, I have set the correct path (both by DDO-ML and manually), set the correct server, entered my password, account name (which is the "rename value" I guess) and character name.

Any ideas?

I'm not sitting at my ddo comp, but if i remember ACC1 (etc) refers to your login account name. The "rename value" is just the name in the windows title bar. (I could be wrong, going from memory).

AtomicMew
03-10-2014, 03:45 PM

Any ideas?

Read the first post, there are instructions. Acc1 and Acc2 are just examples, you need to fill in your own account details. There's also a "Patch" button which you can try, however, as I said, it may or may not work.

katz
03-10-2014, 04:15 PM
patch button worked for me

as for the xml file...format it like this:

<shortcut label="Acc1"> if you change this, it changes what name shows up in the DDO_ML window
<account user="username"> your account username
<pass value="password"></pass> your account password
<rename value="main_account"></rename> this can be anything. main_account. bank_account. etc. it renames the window. useful when multiboxing
<character value="">name</character> this can be left blank, or insert the name of the character you want defaulted to on char select screen
</account>

LightBear
03-10-2014, 04:56 PM
patch button worked for me

as for the xml file...format it like this:

<shortcut label="Acc1"> if you change this, it changes what name shows up in the DDO_ML window
<account user="username"> your account username
<pass value="password"></pass> your account password
<rename value="main_account"></rename> this can be anything. main_account. bank_account. etc. it renames the window. useful when multiboxing
<character value="">name</character> this can be left blank, or insert the name of the character you want defaulted to on char select screen
</account>

So I have to change the attributes and not the /text() except for the character tag where the attribute is empty and the /text() is not?

Example:
<shortcut label="Only_Me">
<account user="Admin">
<pass value="MySuperSecretPassword"></pass>
<rename value="Main_Account"></rename>
<character value="">MyCharactersFirstName</character>
</account>
</shortcut>

tested and works.

Make sure your server name is in all lowercase!

santiago66
03-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks for this. Looks very useful.

Just two questions:

1) How can I configure it to work with multiple servers?

2) Can I get it to launch via/with ddopreload? Does it matter if I can't?

Impaqt
03-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Absolutely inappropriate to ask someone to do that.

At a minimum you should pop a gui and collect the password using adequate encryption techniques to make sure it's never stored anywhere.

Hes not asking anyone to do it.

Hes allowing folks that want to, to do it.

Overly paranoid people should not use this.

Fhauvial
03-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Hes not asking anyone to do it.

Hes allowing folks that want to, to do it.

Overly paranoid people should not use this.

It's not overly paranoid. As someone who worked in the information security field, I would never recommend someone store passwords unencrypted on disk. Then again, I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't use this tool. That's their choice, and you have to make security decisions based on your threat model. *shrug*

AtomicMew
03-10-2014, 05:31 PM
It's not overly paranoid. As someone who worked in the information security field, I would never recommend someone store passwords unencrypted on disk. Then again, I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't use this tool. That's their choice, and you have to make security decisions based on your threat model. *shrug*

I'm just going to quote a post I made elsewhere:

Do you realize how much of your info and passwords are sent over plain text??* Did you know that passwords stored in your browser are also stored as plain text (https://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=15376)??*

This isn't a program to make other people happy, it's a personal program to satisfy my own personal uses that made multiboxing, loading the client, managing awesomium etc. easier for me.?* I don't have my password the same as my bank account password, and I don't have my CC info stored in my DDO accounts.?*

To add: if you care about security, why are you not ranting at chrome and safari for storing your passwords as plain text? Why are you not ranting at turbine for sending your password as plain text over the network?

Those are much larger and obvious security threats than a hacker accidentally happening on an obscure file, in an obscure game launcher for an obscure game. A casual hacker is not going to spend the effort to grep your entire hard drive. He's going to look for the obvious vectors like stored browser data.

AtomicMew
03-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks for this. Looks very useful.

Just two questions:

1) How can I configure it to work with multiple servers?

You can duplicate the folder and have one for each different server you use. Alternatively, you change server every time in the tray menu.

2) Can I get it to launch via/with ddopreload? Does it matter if I can't?

Currently no. I don't know how ddopreload works.

DeathbringerGod
03-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Hello, the game doesn't launch for me with DDO-ML... y double click on login with my account and it says "Done... Account1" but nothing happens
I'm on XP s3 32bits.

Is something wrong here? I don't know...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
<shortcut label="MyAccount">
<account user="MyAccount">
<pass value="......mypassword"></pass>
<rename value="DDO_acc1"></rename>
<character value="ToonName"></character>
</account>
</shortcut>

PS: also patch button worked for me too, but the game doesn't lauch

Octarino
03-10-2014, 07:28 PM
As above, with account settings in the xml file all setup, the game itself doesn't actually launch.

DDO-ML just reports "Done... (account name)"

The Patching appears to work though.

I am on W7 x64 btw.

Fhauvial
03-10-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm just going to quote a post I made elsewhere:

To add: if you care about security, why are you not ranting at chrome and safari for storing your passwords as plain text? Why are you not ranting at turbine for sending your password as plain text over the network?

Those are much larger and obvious security threats than a hacker accidentally happening on an obscure file, in an obscure game launcher for an obscure game. A casual hacker is not going to spend the effort to grep your entire hard drive. He's going to look for the obvious vectors like stored browser data.

I'm a former penetration tester, currently a C-level executive in charge of Information Systems. I am very much concerned with those things. That doesn't make storing the password in plain text not a security risk.

And wait, Turbine sends the password in plain text? Who the heck thought that was a good idea?

(Edit: I'm not ranting here at all, so I hope you didn't take it that way. I just wanted to point out to those who were unaware that your program does store the account info in plain text, and yes, it is a security risk. I would rather people make an informed decision to use a piece of software rather than go into it thinking it was 'secure', which it certainly isn't.)

charleslecharles
03-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Great tool!
I don't know anything about programming but would it be too hard to add something like a server value to the xml file?
Thinking of something like:

<shortcut label="Acc1 server1">
<account user="Acc1">
<pass value="password1"></pass>
<server="server1"></server>
<character value="ToonName"></character>
</account>
</shortcut>
This way it would be easier to log on different servers without having to edit the ini file or have multiple copies/folders of ddo-ml.

mikebalazs
03-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Thanks for this! Works like a charm. :)

SiliconScout
03-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.

Fhauvial
03-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Just thought I'd mention you can still use the preloader with this (and PyLoTRO), but it requires a couple extra steps:

1) Start the Preloader
2) Wait until it loads the files, then deny EULA/exit client.
3) Start DDO-ML/PyLoTRO

The files should now be pre-loaded into memory, resulting in a much faster login post-character screen.

Flavilandile
03-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Just thought I'd mention you can still use the preloader with this (and PyLoTRO), but it requires a couple extra steps:

1) Start the Preloader
2) Wait until it loads the files, then deny EULA/exit client.
3) Start DDO-ML/PyLoTRO

The files should now be pre-loaded into memory, resulting in a much faster login post-character screen.

I have the source code for the preloader open behind my navigator right now... and looking at the code it doesn't look too difficult to modify it to accept alternate launchers as an option.

Now, my coding skill is not that great in C... I'm better at Assembler, so I can't make any promise.

Caprice
03-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Hello, the game doesn't launch for me with DDO-ML... y double click on login with my account and it says "Done... Account1" but nothing happens
Ditto w/ this behavior but on Win8 x64 Pro. There is no negative feedback in the standard display, but by playing around with the menu options I managed to get an error message stating that it looked to DDO-ML like my DDO folder did not actually have DDO installed in it. I am at work but will try it again tonight and post an exact message.

Xalthon
03-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Silly question, but what folder to I select exactly when it asks for the DDO folder? I see these as my optinos:

/My Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online/
/My Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online/DDO-ML 1.01 [where I have the zip files extracted]
c:/Program Files (x86)/DDO
c:/Program Files (x86)/DDO/DDO high res install files
c:/Program Files (x86)/Turbine/DDO Unlimited

Sorry for the dumb question, but as another posted mentioned, "It all looks like Greek to me!"

Thanks!

Cedrica-the-Bard
03-11-2014, 10:21 AM
c:/Program Files (x86)/Turbine/DDO Unlimited

I chose this one and it worked.

Cedrica-the-Bard
03-11-2014, 10:23 AM
And thanks a bunch for this. It really is a nice workaround and loads much faster than the main launcher. Me likey. :)

Xalthon
03-11-2014, 10:35 AM
I chose this one and it worked.

Thank you, it looks like it was the right one, but the patching failed. I may need to completely reinstall... not sure...

rimble
03-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Thank you, it looks like it was the right one, but the patching failed. I may need to completely reinstall... not sure...

Patching failed for me too, until I right-clicked on the icon and ran it using the 'Run as Administrator' option.

Xalthon
03-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Patching failed for me too, until I right-clicked on the icon and ran it using the 'Run as Administrator' option.

Thanks for the tip. I just tried it, but it did not seem to have any effect. Here's the output I got:

***DONE***

Downloading client_gamelogic.dat-21547....
Failed!
Data patching failed result code: 0x81930005
Failed to download data: Unknown result code: 0x81930005
Checking for updates...
data patches: 4047 bytes to download: 551872102
unlock: 0 empty: 12
result code: 0x00000000
Patching data:
Applying 4066 forward iterations
checking data......
Connecting to patch.ddo.com:80
files to patch: 0 bytes to download: 0
Patching files:
File patching complete
Checking files......
***Starting Patch Process***

P.S. Interestingly, I also can't update via Akamai either. I get a "cannot save data" message when I try.

Full_Bleed
03-11-2014, 03:17 PM
As above, with account settings in the xml file all setup, the game itself doesn't actually launch.

DDO-ML just reports "Done... (account name)"

The Patching appears to work though.

I am on W7 x64 btw.

Same problem. Same OS. Recent new install of DDO.

Of note: DDO seems to have been installed into a hidden C:\ProgramData\Turbine\DDO Unlimited directory.

This was done using the post pando installation a couple weeks ago (it used Happy Cloud, since removed). This is different than from previous installs (and maybe the newest install with Akamai) where it would have gone into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited directory (on 64 bit systems) or C:\Programs Files\Turbine\DDO Unlimited on 32 bit systems. This seems pretty non-standard to me. Not sure if this is the reason for the failure to launch DDO-ML. The ddo-ml.ini file is indicating a path of directory=C:\PROGRA~3\Turbine\DDOUNL~1\.

To be clear:

After filling in ddo-ml-xml with user info I launch with DDO-ML.EXE directly from the DDO-ML 1.01 folder.
It asks for a server name (I spelled it right and used all lower case since the default of khyber was all lower case).
Then it pops a DDO-ML window to choose Acc1, Acc2, or Acc1 and Acc2, etc. If I choose the first one it indicates that it is logging in and indicates that it is Done.
But it fails to launch DDO at that point.

Suggestions?

Teva
03-11-2014, 03:32 PM
I scanned this with avast antivirus upon download and after unzipping, it scanned clean both times. But then I clicked it to run... suddenly Avast hated it, hid it away in the infected chest, and wanted a clean scan upon boot-up of my computer. So it seems I get to choose between horrible software that we know tracks us and might be using our bandwidth or this which is totally unclear as to what the issue is... hmm

Panzermeyer
03-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Gave this a try at lunch. The update installed just fine and ran the launcher without a hitch, looks like I am going to be continuing to play DDO.

Thanks for the launcher and the info on it.

GreenGurgler
03-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Same problem. Same OS. .......

To be clear:

After filling in ddo-ml-xml with user info I launch with DDO-ML.EXE directly from the DDO-ML 1.01 folder.
It asks for a server name (I spelled it right and used all lower case since the default of khyber was all lower case).
Then it pops a DDO-ML window to choose Acc1, Acc2, or Acc1 and Acc2, etc. If I choose the first one it indicates that it is logging in and indicates that it is Done.
But it fails to launch DDO at that point.

Suggestions?

Same here, can anyone offer any suggestions?
Says Done ...ACC1 (yes I changed to my user account, just not the Acc1 heading).

Stumped.

Mellkor
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
This does not work for me.

I am sure I am putting in the info as directed here.

It opens DDO to a screen with no toons. (like a new account)

Caprice
03-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Ditto w/ this behavior but on Win8 x64 Pro. There is no negative feedback in the standard display, but by playing around with the menu options I managed to get an error message stating that it looked to DDO-ML like my DDO folder did not actually have DDO installed in it. I am at work but will try it again tonight and post an exact message.
Success!

The message I was referring to was actually when I try to "(Patch Game)". I get a window popping up that churns for a little bit then states that "Your DDO game directory <path> does not appear to be right." error. However the <path> it lists is not correct and not the one I chose. I have my DDO client installed on a different drive, in a non-standard path that's nested 3 deep, but the <path> that shows up for me in the above error message is only listing the first 2 folders. I copied my DDO folder contents down a level (e.g. from X:\Games\Turbine\DDO to X:\Games\Turbine) and now the patch process runs without error.

Based on that behavior I also moved my DDO-ML directory down to the root of its drive, from X:\Games\DdoLaunchers\DDO-ML to X:\Test and now it launches the game successfully.

I am curious to see if the other people here who cannot launch see similar behavior. Are you installed in a non-default location? On a different drive? If so, try moving it into a very shallow location on your drive and you might get it to work. I'm not sure if I will continue to use it as is or move to PyLotRO, assuming that it does not have the same path depth issue.

Hasaki
03-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Got it to patch the game without issues. But attempting to launch the game gives the same issue others have reported. Done...accName, but no launch.

Win 7 x64
Run DDO-ML as admin
UAC is disabled
Both DDO and DDO-ML are in folders directly off C: and use no spaces in the name (C:\DDO and C:\DDOML)
.ini file shows correct game folder and server name

I have not installed Akamai Netsessions at all, cancelled at the EULA

EllisDee37
03-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks so much for this, AtomicMew. Works great for me, was able to patch the game just now using your utility and have now set it up with all my characters, both on my main and mule accounts.

So happy to have DDO up and running again. I never did and likely never will accept the P2P EULA.

EDIT: Now to see if I can tinker with either your code or Wanesa's code so I can get the preloader functionality to work with this loader.

mna
03-11-2014, 09:29 PM
EDIT: Now to see if I can tinker with either your code or Wanesa's code so I can get the preloader functionality to work with this loader.

Well, what the preloader does is simple enough that a .bat file might suffice for the functionality... like I've said, it's also fairly closely duplicated by pointing your antivirus software at the .dat files before launching game.

EllisDee37
03-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Oh I'm so happy; even ignoring that this loader avoids the whole P2P service issue altogether, this is so much nicer in that now my "load screen" lists ALL my alts in one single list, both my actual alts on my main account and my opener alts on my mule account. Having one single list for them all is vastly more elegant.

humbleroller
03-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks AtomicMew :D

katz
03-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Oh I'm so happy; even ignoring that this loader avoids the whole P2P service issue altogether, this is so much nicer in that now my "load screen" lists ALL my alts in one single list, both my actual alts on my main account and my opener alts on my mule account. Having one single list for them all is vastly more elegant.

ooooooohhhhh... i didn't even think of doing this! derp! thank you! i has ideas nao! :D

Bob_of_QF
03-12-2014, 12:00 AM
I thought I had whipped the Akamai thing by using the preloader, but I was incorrect. I *was* successful in blocking any and all Akamai access to all networks (by a manual Windows Firewall rule) but the #)^*# client still insisted on starting, even though in the Akamai admin control, it says the service was stopped.

*grrrr*

Akamai was **lying** to me, obviously--- it said it was *not* running, when, in fact, it was.

Anyway, I've downloaded your lovely program, modified it to point to each of my toons, added a "select any toon", in case I create more and haven't edited the .xml file, and it Just Works.

Thanks, and a virtual toast in your name, the next time I'm in an inn.

Edit-- and yes, I uninstalled Akamai, and had to purge my Win Registry too (it left it's ugly footprints all over the place-- uninstall did very little...)

Fhauvial
03-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Success!

The message I was referring to was actually when I try to "(Patch Game)". I get a window popping up that churns for a little bit then states that "Your DDO game directory <path> does not appear to be right." error. However the <path> it lists is not correct and not the one I chose. I have my DDO client installed on a different drive, in a non-standard path that's nested 3 deep, but the <path> that shows up for me in the above error message is only listing the first 2 folders. I copied my DDO folder contents down a level (e.g. from X:\Games\Turbine\DDO to X:\Games\Turbine) and now the patch process runs without error.

Based on that behavior I also moved my DDO-ML directory down to the root of its drive, from X:\Games\DdoLaunchers\DDO-ML to X:\Test and now it launches the game successfully.

I am curious to see if the other people here who cannot launch see similar behavior. Are you installed in a non-default location? On a different drive? If so, try moving it into a very shallow location on your drive and you might get it to work. I'm not sure if I will continue to use it as is or move to PyLotRO, assuming that it does not have the same path depth issue.

Just a note: PyLoTRO doesn't have a problem with long paths. My DDO install is through Steam, so the path is much longer than yours, and it works just fine.

Teva
03-12-2014, 12:46 AM
Can someone please tell me why avast antivirus insists on quarantining DDO-ML into the chest when run although it scans fine?

goodspeed
03-12-2014, 01:45 AM
Got it to patch the game without issues. But attempting to launch the game gives the same issue others have reported. Done...accName, but no launch.

Win 7 x64
Run DDO-ML as admin
UAC is disabled
Both DDO and DDO-ML are in folders directly off C: and use no spaces in the name (C:\DDO and C:\DDOML)
.ini file shows correct game folder and server name

I have not installed Akamai Netsessions at all, cancelled at the EULA

ya I feel like im missing something. It's logging in and all but not getting anything.

AtomicMew
03-12-2014, 01:56 AM
Success!

Thanks for your testing! That is likely the issue, I'll look into it, but I added a note on the first post.

AtomicMew
03-12-2014, 02:02 AM
I posted a new version which has some basic encryption and a debug mode to hopefully sort out some issues. Treat it as a beta-ish release, as I havent tested it out on any computer other than my own.

As above, if it fails to launch the client, try to move DDO into a shallow directory (e.g., C:\DDO) and try it again, remembering to reset the directory path.

ALSO, if you like what I've done, you can send Anniversary cards to Raversth on Khyber. Let me know if you need seed platinum to mail them ;)

Thanks

Bob_of_QF
03-12-2014, 02:31 AM
I posted a new version which has some basic encryption and a debug mode to hopefully sort out some issues. Treat it as a beta-ish release, as I havent tested it out on any computer other than my own.

As above, if it fails to launch the client, try to move DDO into a shallow directory (e.g., C:\DDO) and try it again, remembering to reset the directory path.

ALSO, if you like what I've done, you can send Anniversary cards to Raversth on Khyber. Let me know if you need seed platinum to mail them ;)

Thanks

Cool beans! However, I find that the "encrypt passwords" seems to break the program. I tried it without that option first-- I just copied my XML file from v1.01 (after making a backup of your original), and that seemed to work fine.

Unfortunately, when I exited DDO, then did the "encrypt passwords", then tried it-- no joy. It *says* it's launching, and even declares that it's done-- but nothing actually loads...

... Sorry About That Chief.

Edit again-- I should clairify: after I copied the XML file from v1.01, I did edit it to include the encrypted_value="" entry at each instance.

After running the "encrypt password" option, I re-examined the XML, and notice that the password entries are now "", and the encrypted values are all "xx...xx" (a seemingly random string of characters-- but each entry is the same, as expected).

AtomicMew
03-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Thanks so much for this, AtomicMew. Works great for me, was able to patch the game just now using your utility and have now set it up with all my characters, both on my main and mule accounts.

So happy to have DDO up and running again. I never did and likely never will accept the P2P EULA.

Flavillandile posted this elsewhere, I hope he doesn't mind me reposting:

I confirm that the preloader shouldn't be too hard to fix to allow alternate launchers :

void launchGame(HWND hDlg) {
STARTUPINFO nfo;
ZeroMemory(&nfo,sizeof(nfo));
PROCESS_INFORMATION pi;
nfo.cb = sizeof(nfo);
BOOL b = CreateProcess(_T("TurbineLauncher.exe"),_T("TurbineLauncher.exe -invoker"),0,0,0,0,0,0,&nfo,&pi);
if (b == FALSE) {
showError(hDlg,_T("Cannot start launcher"));
}
setPhase(hDlg,IDC_PHASE3);
SetTimer(hDlg,1,10000,&RefreshMapping);
while (FindWindow(0,_T("Dungeons and Dragons Online")) == 0 && WaitForSingleObject(pi.hProcess,0) == WAIT_TIMEOUT) {
WaitMessage();
yeld();
}

}

We just need to find a way to pass a parameter to that function from command line ( or ini file ) and code the :

if parameter = NULL -> Turbine Launcher
if parameter = PyLOTRO_param -> look for Install_Path and launch PyLOTRO
if parameter = DDO-ML_Param -> look for Install_Path and launch DDO-ML

Now honestly it's beyond my C coding ability in any decent time. I'll probably manage to do it... but I'm more efficient when it comes to coding ( and decoding ) Assembler [ In Telco Equipment crashfiles especially ]

Full_Bleed
03-12-2014, 02:40 AM

I've determined that my previous issues with 1.01 were user error and I suspect that others are making the same mistake (or similar) so I will elaborate here since it isn't all that clear in the OP. For the record, the long path for DDO and/or the ddo-ml launcher were *not* my problem.

In the ddo-ml.xml file you will see the following:

<shortcut label="Acc1">
<account user="Acc1">
<pass value="password1"></pass>
<character value=""></character>
</account>
</shortcut>

Here is a better description of what you need to fill out:

<shortcut label="WHATEVER NAME YOU WANT, THIS IS JUST A DISPLAY LABEL">
<account user="THE Username FIELD WHEN RUNNING THE NORMAL DDO LAUNCHER">
<pass value="THE Password FIELD WHEN RUNNING THE NORMAL DDO LAUNCHER"></pass>
<character value="CHARACTER NAME"></character>
</account>
</shortcut>

Only fill in the CYAN areas. Make sure the text you enter is in quotes. Use lower case when in doubt. Double-check your spelling.

By doing this I was able to get 1.01 to work correctly.

That said, I have not gotten 1.1 to work. When I run it, it pops a tray icon for ddo-ml and I can set the path, server, and password encryption from the tray (nice PW encryption feature, btw!) but I don't get the launcher window I got in 1.01 and DDO doesn't launch.

AtomicMew,

Is there any chance you can display the announcement info from the regular launcher in ddo-ml?

Teva
03-12-2014, 02:40 AM
After adding an exclusion to avast for DDO-ML, now it will patch but won't load the game. It crashes saying "dndclient has stopped working"

Program Even Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dndclient.exe
Application Version: 2600.43.9648.4030
Application Timestamp: 53160525
Fault Module Name: dndclient.exe
Fault Module Version: 2600.43.9648.4030
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 003a0808
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

from dndclient.log:

000000000.000: ----CRASH REPORT START----
000000000.000: Program fault: ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) trying to write to 0x30623420
000000000.000: Detailed report:
Current local time: Wed Mar 12 00:46:44 2014
Version Report generated by CoreVersion : 2.0.143 (0x0200008F):
Language: English (United States)
CompanyName : Turbine, Inc.
FileDescription :
FileVersion : 2600.0043.9648.4030
InternalName : dndclient
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 1997-2014 Turbine, Inc.
OriginalFilename : dndclient.exe
ProductName : dndclient
ProductVersion : 2600.0043.9648.4030 dnd_live
Comments : compiled Tue Mar 4 11:51:18 2014 : RELEASE
TurbineBuildVersion : 2600.0043.9648.4030.RELEASE
TurbineType : Admin External
000000000.000: ----CRASH REPORT END----

Edit: Fixed by copying a friend's DDO Unlimited folder, so evidently had a corrupted file.

AtomicMew
03-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Cool beans! However, I find that the "encrypt passwords" seems to break the program. I tried it without that option first-- I just copied my XML file from v1.01 (after making a backup of your original), and that seemed to work fine.

Unfortunately, when I exited DDO, then did the "encrypt passwords", then tried it-- no joy. It *says* it's launching, and even declares that it's done-- but nothing actually loads...

... Sorry About That Chief.

Edit again-- I should clairify: after I copied the XML file from v1.01, I did edit it to include the encrypted_value="" entry at each instance.

After running the "encrypt password" option, I re-examined the XML, and notice that the password entries are now "", and the encrypted values are all "xx...xx" (a seemingly random string of characters-- but each entry is the same, as expected).

Could you re-enter your password on one entry and try again? I may know what the problem is.

Edit: also, do not press the encrypt button twice. It takes the value from the unencrypted password and then deletes it. If you try to encrypt it again, it'll encrypt an empty string.

Bob_of_QF
03-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Could you re-enter your password on one entry and try again? I may know what the problem is.

Edit: also, do not press the encrypt button twice. It takes the value from the unencrypted password and then deletes it. If you try to encrypt it again, it'll encrypt an empty string.

Okay, I just finished moving DDO to a shallow grave...erm... path. This involved search-and-replace of my registry (yeah, I've done this to other proggies before... *sigh*). Since I'm gonna be playing with this thing, why not?

Next, I confirmed that ML 1.01 still lauched as previously-- yes, I modified the path in the .INI file (I just did it directly-- .INI files are old hat to me). It worked as before (the move/path change).

Next, I modified the ML 1.1 XML file to the original test, with my password and a blank "" for the encrypted. Note: there are 11 instances in my XML file, a "choose your toon" and then 10 direct-to-my character launches (which is ... incredibly cool, by the way). :)

I tested ML 1.1, with *plain* passwords, and it works as you would expect-- DDO loads just peachy.

I am pretty sure I did not press "encrypt" more than once-- I'll try again. (this time, I'm so making a backup of the XML file, and the INI too...) (heh)

Edit:

This is the entry that works with 1.1---

<pass value="mypasswordgoeshere"></pass>

You'll note that I forgot to add the "encrypted_value" entry, as copied from your original sample file-- this is what I should have done:

<pass value="mypasswordgoeshere" encrypted_value=""></pass>

I've now modified the file, and will test again.

Edit 2:

The test was successful-- unencrypted password, with blank "" in the encrypted_value field works as expected.

Next, I'll encrypt the pwd and see what happens.

Bob_of_QF
03-12-2014, 03:38 AM
It works-- I was *very* careful to only click "encrypt" the one time-- once and only once. (I must have instinctively double-clicked the encrypt, the first time around)

And it works-- my toon loaded as expected.

------------------------------

I found another interesting thing-- if you misspell your toon's name? It still launches DDO, but the game stops at the "select your toon" screen.

So if anyone using this program, cannot seem to get it to load your toon (but it launches DDO otherwise)? Check the spelling very carefully. :D

Here's a thing you could add: if the encrypted_value is non-zero length? Then you could disable the "encrypt password" function. That way, once encrypted, there's no double-encryption, and if a user needs to change his/her password? A manual edit (as with an initial setup) would be required.

Kudos, once again for an amazingly nice little proggy, here.

:D

Razorlan
03-12-2014, 09:24 AM
I know just enough to get myself into trouble. For some reason, I just can't make this work. I think this thing is not finding my DDO directory properly, but I'm not sure because the black command box window that pops up goes away too fast to read. Someone mentioned a window that asked what directory to choose, but I never saw anything like that. Can one of you please give us the "for dummies" version of how to set this up from start to finish? Maybe I'm clicking on the wrong thing to try to open this up or putting it in the wrong directory or something.

JamnJD
03-12-2014, 10:09 AM
I know just enough to get myself into trouble. For some reason, I just can't make this work. I think this thing is not finding my DDO directory properly, but I'm not sure because the black command box window that pops up goes away too fast to read. Someone mentioned a window that asked what directory to choose, but I never saw anything like that. Can one of you please give us the "for dummies" version of how to set this up from start to finish? Maybe I'm clicking on the wrong thing to try to open this up or putting it in the wrong directory or something.

I had the same issue, and was able to get it to work. I think I understand where the confusion is coming from.

The problem I see is that the distribution of v1.1 includes a ddo-ml.ini file, which inside has a statement "firstlaunch=0"

So upon running for the first time, you will not get the window prompts asking for the path to DDO and the server, and the game will not launch because the path setting is not configured.

And so the workaround for me was to close the ddo-ml program (via the system tray) and just rename or delete the ddo-ml.ini file. Upon the next launch, it will assume first time launch, prompt you via window for path to DDO program files, and server name. Then the gui window with your configurations will appear. A new ddo-ml.ini file will be created for you.

Atomic, if I can suggest, maybe removing the ddo-ml.ini file from the 1.1 distribution will eliminate some confusion for those who download in the future.

And thank you very much for this, very fast and handy tool :)

...J

PS: If you're like me and didn't see it work the first time, I actually tried to launch the tool a few times. So check your system tray for multiple instances of the tool and make sure you close them all before re-starting.

Caprice
03-12-2014, 10:20 AM
You can also set the DDO directory from the tray icon - right click it and select "Set Directory" (or something like that). I missed any initial setup request screens but I was able to set mine that way.

Fhauvial
03-12-2014, 10:49 AM

Thanks

Thank you for including some basic encryption. This should make a bunch of folks happy. :)

thouston
03-12-2014, 10:58 AM
thanks for sharing this program
+1

Bob_of_QF
03-12-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm loving the DDO-ML-- I've customized it to my liking.

By the way? New info on Akamai I discovered last night.

After I got DDO-ML working flawlessly, I then proceeded to uninstall Akamai.

The "uninstall" trundled a bit, and then declared it was complete.

About the **only** thing it did, was remove the little Akamai app from Control Panel (an app which did exactly **nothing**-- it lied. It stated the service was stopped, when in fact, it was running)

So "uninstall complete"? Yeah, right-- a check of the Akamai install folder? Still there.

A scan of Windows Registry? Many-many instances of Akamai.

The worst of all? A check of running processes in Windows Task Manager? Akamai client was still running-- two instances-- even after an uninstall!

This is beyond malware-- this is bordering on virus-like behavior. How many people did not double-check, as I did?

So, nuke from Task manager. Manually delete the folder & files.

Then a registry scan-and-purge.

Finally? Reboot...

... meh.

Bob_of_QF
03-12-2014, 01:30 PM
After successfully using DDO-ML last night (early this AM), I have discovered that it no longer functions this afternoon.

It acts like my password is invalid, so I tried DDO-ML v1.01, and the same thing happens-- it says "login XXX" and trundles a bit, then claims done.

Meanwhile, no DDO, no launch, no nothing.

... *sigh** ...

The paranoid in me thinks my account has been disabled, because I refuse to bow to the monster that is Akamai...

Edit:

.... wait.... I'm so stupid... I just remembered the servers may be down? ....

..... okay, I'm all red-faced and all that stuff.

In the words of Rosanne-Rosannadanna?

Nevermind.

:D

Nascoe
03-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Sure, I have stopped the Akamai thing from running, but really I think the functionality of this works really well. The (basic) encryption of the account details is a must for me, so thanks for adding that.

vampiregoat69
03-12-2014, 02:32 PM
I downloaded followed the instructions just to have it not work but give some sort of error.

AtomicMew
03-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I downloaded followed the instructions just to have it not work but give some sort of error.

If you (or anyone else) is having problems, post your XML file (you can post with the encrypted passwords without worry) and the debug log (removing password here). Also be sure to try moving DDO to a shallow directory.

EllisDee37
03-12-2014, 04:12 PM
What's <rename value>?

<shortcut label="WHATEVER NAME YOU WANT, THIS IS JUST A DISPLAY LABEL">
<account user="THE Username FIELD WHEN RUNNING THE NORMAL DDO LAUNCHER">
<pass value="THE Password FIELD WHEN RUNNING THE NORMAL DDO LAUNCHER"></pass>
<character value="CHARACTER NAME"></character>
</account>
</shortcut>

Only fill in the CYAN areas.It's fine to fill in <rename value>. Whatever you put there will be the name of the DDO window, which is moot if you run in full screen mode but for those of us who use windowed mode, this is a super handy feature.

crackerjackwr
03-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Is there something special to do when there are two accounts linked to one username?

I have a friend who is trying to use this, but i fear he won't be able to with his rare situation.
He was given nicknames for the two accounts "use this one" and dont use this" or something liek that.

Hasaki
03-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Ok, I think I've found out what my problem is.
Accounts with multiple subscriptions. The launcher chooses the first subscription, which is hopefully the correct one

Yeah, I also have Asheron's Call and Lotro subscriptions connected to that account (Asheron's Call being the first one in the list on turbine's myaccount page).
When I read that the first time, I was thinking it meant multiple DDO subscriptions on the account, didn't think about the other games.

I verified that I can log in without issues on another account that only has the DDO subscription.

Anything I can do about that? Some setting I can change? Edit the python files and recompile? :)

Full_Bleed
03-12-2014, 06:32 PM
If you (or anyone else) is having problems, post your XML file (you can post with the encrypted passwords without worry) and the debug log (removing password here). Also be sure to try moving DDO to a shallow directory.

Did something change in 1.1 to require the shallow directory? 1.01 works fine with long default directories... but I can not get 1.1 to launch (though it patched fine).

ComicRelief
03-12-2014, 06:42 PM

Yeah, I also have Asheron's Call and Lotro subscriptions connected to that account (Asheron's Call being the first one in the list on turbine's myaccount page).
When I read that the first time, I was thinking it meant multiple DDO subscriptions on the account, didn't think about the other games.

I verified that I can log in without issues on another account that only has the DDO subscription.

Anything I can do about that? Some setting I can change? Edit the python files and recompile? :)

Yeah, this seems to be my issue, as well. For whatever reason, LOTRO is listed first, even though I signed-up for DDO about 2 months before LOTRO. I even tried changing the "subscription nickname" to see if they would swap positions, but no joy.

BTW - any chance of maybe adding a drop-down menu for server selection as opposed to having to type them in all the time?

I mean, as long as you're looking at making some changes anyway...
;)

Krelar
03-12-2014, 06:51 PM

This may be why I haven't been able to get it to work either.

Olds-cool
03-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Has anyone been successful with using the encryption?

I patched without installing the Akamai stuff at all and verified that I'm able to use ddo-ml for the login.... so long as I don't use the encryption. Maybe I missed a step?

Olds-cool
03-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Has anyone been successful with using the encryption?

I patched without installing the Akamai stuff at all and verified that I'm able to use ddo-ml for the login.... so long as I don't use the encryption. Maybe I missed a step?

And oddly enough on my third attempt and after turning debugging ON it suddenly worked. Hrmmm.

Olds-cool
03-12-2014, 07:30 PM
And then... on what would be my 4th attempt it failed again. Debug shows:

2014-03-12 20:28:15 : ddolauncher.exe -s cannith -g C:\PROGRA~2\Turbine\DDOUNL~1\ imauser -1
2014-03-12 20:28:17 : Login of imauser failed. Wrong password?

So is the encryption getting goofed after one success?

Olds-cool
03-12-2014, 07:36 PM
So looking at the debug from a non encrypted attempt I see my password obviously...

In that above quoted there's that -1

So I reset back to scratch, meaning I cleared the encrypted text, put in my clear text, and the started with debug on. I clicked on the encrypt function in the traybar and the launched... successfully again. The debug log show my clear text password.

Next, I run it again and the debug log goes back to the error and the -1.

Is any of this helpful? And again, is anyone running encrypted without fail?

Wireless_Joe
03-12-2014, 07:37 PM
This may be why I haven't been able to get it to work either.

I logged in to the forums for the first time since they updated to ask if anyone knows how to fix the issue with multiple subscriptions. I'd love to dump the regular launcher and Akamai but can't until the issue is addressed/fixed.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and all your hard work everyone!

Bob_of_QF
03-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Well snuff....

... the v1.1 does not want to load at all-- the same error as this afternoon when the servers were down.

So as a quick test, I tried v1.01, and it trundled a bit and gave me a "wrong client update" message. Okay-- hot patch and all that. (not unexpected).

What the heck? I tried the patch (still 1.01) option, and it trundled some more-- patching, etc. Then declared it was done. Closed the patch window, and 1.01 still running, of course. Tried the login again.

Here's the debug from when the encryption was still on:
2014-03-12 19:56:01 : ddolauncher.exe -s thelanis -g C:\Games\DDO\ Bob_of_QF -1
2014-03-12 19:56:04 : Login of Bob_of_QF failed. Wrong password?

And ... Success! I'm in with one of my toons.

I'll try 1.1 again, with unencrypted password, in a bit.

Okay, the unencrypted XML file loaded my toon just fine.

The debug for successful session (password edited, of course):
2014-03-12 20:01:51 : ddolauncher.exe -s thelanis -g C:\Games\DDO\ Bob_of_QF <mypassword>
<there was more, but it is long and technical-- I'll post it if needed>

AtomicMew
03-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback, it is actually very helpful. I will have a look at it later today.

Zavier
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM

Yes, this is definitely an issue. I cannot get this launcher or the pylotro launcher to work with my main account. Both of them pull the first account, which is a 3rd account for multiboxing. It is disappointing.

On the other hand, I definitely appreciate all of your effort to create what it appears to be a simple well functioning launcher...just not for the account I want :P

Bob_of_QF
03-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Donation:
Donate by paypal if you'd like. (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=GASQWSNW7SPK2&lc=US&item_name=AtomicMew%20DDO&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonH osted)
I also accept game donations: mail Anniversary cards to Raversth on Khyber. Let me know if you need some plat to send :)

I have several of these things, but I'm on Thelanis. If you know how to get them from Thelanis to Khyber, I'd be delighted to send you them all.

:)

GregorV
03-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Ok, so I appear to have gotten the info right in the .xml file. I've reset the first_launch value to 1. I double click the ddo-ml application, and it gives me this error : Line 11021 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO-ML\DDO-ML.exe"): Error: Variable subscript badly formatted.

I know just enough to know that I can't easily fix this from my end. I haven't been able to access the gui window as of yet.

AtomicMew
03-13-2014, 12:06 AM
Okay, I *think* I fixed the issue with the encryption not working (fingers crossed!). Uploaded a new version (1.11)

AtomicMew
03-13-2014, 12:13 AM
Yes, this is definitely an issue. I cannot get this launcher or the pylotro launcher to work with my main account. Both of them pull the first account, which is a 3rd account for multiboxing. It is disappointing.

On the other hand, I definitely appreciate all of your effort to create what it appears to be a simple well functioning launcher...just not for the account I want :P

Yes, it would require modifying and recompiling the python part of the launcher. I can point you to the relevant section:

Line 229:
for game_subs in ticket.findall('Subscriptions/GameSubscription'):
for sub_info in game_subs.getchildren():
if sub_info.tag == 'Game' and sub_info.text == 'DDO':
found_ddo = True
if sub_info.tag == 'Name' and found_ddo == True:
a = sub_info.text
found_ddo = False

Unfortunately, this is a bit involved than I want to get into right now.

AtomicMew
03-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Ok, so I appear to have gotten the info right in the .xml file. I've reset the first_launch value to 1. I double click the ddo-ml application, and it gives me this error : Line 11021 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO-ML\DDO-ML.exe"): Error: Variable subscript badly formatted.

I know just enough to know that I can't easily fix this from my end. I haven't been able to access the gui window as of yet.

No idea. Try ver 1.11 and launch without modifying any of the files.

PS: Thank you for all the cards guys!

Jeromio
03-13-2014, 05:34 AM

Thanks

You'll find a bunch of cards from Orup in your mail. Many thanks for the tool! :D

Kalevor
03-13-2014, 06:06 AM
I had the same issue, and was able to get it to work. I think I understand where the confusion is coming from.

The problem I see is that the distribution of v1.1 includes a ddo-ml.ini file, which inside has a statement "firstlaunch=0"

So upon running for the first time, you will not get the window prompts asking for the path to DDO and the server, and the game will not launch because the path setting is not configured.

And so the workaround for me was to close the ddo-ml program (via the system tray) and just rename or delete the ddo-ml.ini file. Upon the next launch, it will assume first time launch, prompt you via window for path to DDO program files, and server name. Then the gui window with your configurations will appear. A new ddo-ml.ini file will be created for you.

Atomic, if I can suggest, maybe removing the ddo-ml.ini file from the 1.1 distribution will eliminate some confusion for those who download in the future.

And thank you very much for this, very fast and handy tool :)

...J

PS: If you're like me and didn't see it work the first time, I actually tried to launch the tool a few times. So check your system tray for multiple instances of the tool and make sure you close them all before re-starting.

this solve the problem for me.

Ty vm for this amazing tool!! +1!

thouston
03-13-2014, 06:40 AM
And then... on what would be my 4th attempt it failed again. Debug shows:

2014-03-12 20:28:15 : ddolauncher.exe -s cannith -g C:\PROGRA~2\Turbine\DDOUNL~1\ imauser -1
2014-03-12 20:28:17 : Login of imauser failed. Wrong password?

So is the encryption getting goofed after one success?

that is the problem i am having. works 1 time, then have to reset password.

about to d/l and try ver1.11

Olds-cool
03-13-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm verifying that the 1.11 version seems to have the encryption issue fixed. Thanks for that.

I'm wondering... since the debug still shows unencrypted passwords does this mean that the turbine launcher sends the passwords that you type into their login window in clear text as well? Looking at the strings being sent I'm guessing that it's at least going through the SSL encrypted https link?

Thanks for all! I'll have to see if I have a toon above level 4 on your server to send some cards...

EDIT: Vet status... duh :) - had to run some quests just to get enough plat to mail them to ya!

AtomicMew
03-13-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm verifying that the 1.11 version seems to have the encryption issue fixed. Thanks for that.

I'm wondering... since the debug still shows unencrypted passwords does this mean that the turbine launcher sends the passwords that you type into their login window in clear text as well? Looking at the strings being sent I'm guessing that it's at least going through the SSL encrypted https link?

Thanks for all! I'll have to see if I have a toon above level 4 on your server to send some cards...

EDIT: Vet status... duh :) - had to run some quests just to get enough plat to mail them to ya!

Yes, it is encrypted over the network with HTTPS.

Duskslayer
03-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Yes, it would require modifying and recompiling the python part of the launcher. I can point you to the relevant section:

Line 229:
for game_subs in ticket.findall('Subscriptions/GameSubscription'):
for sub_info in game_subs.getchildren():
if sub_info.tag == 'Game' and sub_info.text == 'DDO':
found_ddo = True
if sub_info.tag == 'Name' and found_ddo == True:
a = sub_info.text
found_ddo = False

Unfortunately, this is a bit involved than I want to get into right now.

Hi. I too am tired of skipping thru the hoops around Akamai - and have uninstalled it and cleaned all registry of that viral entity (may its creators and advocates rot in hell!).

Here is my dilemma:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2h2dvth.jpg

Not only do I have LOTRO as the first sub, but I also have a dual-account for DDO.

The XXX is my ancient DDO account (when no F2P existed) from Europe.
The DDO is my current account which I created when F2P was started in US - while EU DDO was still a sub under CODEMASTERS.

They shared the same email - and thus were lumped into one account when servers merged globally.

Sooo.... how do I access the "DDO" (circled in red) account?

Perhaps a SELECTION DIALOGUE option? Or even a USER-DEFINED INPUT (similar to server name input) text string?

Please assist. It can "connect" and patch. But nothing else happens.

Thanks.

spindeldorf
03-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Hello!
Just want to say that loader works great! Both patching (downloaded the hotfix) and client!

Akamai uninstalled (!)

GJ, TY!

Hasaki
03-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Well, I was prepared to try and attempt some programming to figure it out (haven't done any coding in years but python seemed like an easy language to follow), but apparently I'm too stupid to figure out how to set up my environment to compile the python files.

Hopefully there's someone else out there than can take a stab at it.

Nice work on the launcher though, AtomicMew. One click and I'm ingame in less than 20 seconds...too bad it's on the wrong account. :)

Dodoroq
03-14-2014, 03:21 AM
Hey, first of all, thanks for the efforts. This would be a great thing for me if I only managed to get it run. Not sure what I am doing wrong, may be my poor skills or lack of reading innuendo or just anything.

I downloaded the 1.11 version, saved it, unzipped to the "C:/DDO-ML" folder.
My DDO installation runs in "C:/DDO/DDO Unlimited" folder; My system is Win7 Prof 64-bit.
I have modified the ddo-ml.xml file with correct information (account name, password, ... - just everything the same I use for logging in via Turbine Launcher) and saved.
I have run the ddo-ml.exe. It asks to locate the game installation (I select the one in "C:/DDO/DDO Unlimited"), then it asks for server to log to, I select "cannith" and press OK.

Unfortunately, after that, nothing happens, no dialog pops out, just nothing. If I check the ddo-ml.ini, I can see:

[startup]
firstlaunch=0
directory=C:\DDO\DDOUNL~1\
server=cannith
x=1982
y=464
width=144
height=253
debug=0
ckey=***************
(ckey item replaced with asterisks just in case :-))

Setting up the firstlaunch to 1 means option to select the DDO folder again and server again, and that's just it.

When I check after filling such information, I can see "DDO-ML.exe *32" process as running between my process list in Task Manager, nothing is shown in Applications. If I use the ddo-ml.exe again, another process adds there and that's just it. I have to say I have administrator privileges and running anything "As Administrator" does not help either.

I would suspect the path to the directory is stored wrong or something, but cannot be sure. Or can anyone help me with pointing in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch,
Dodo

AtomicMew
03-14-2014, 03:27 AM
Hey, first of all, thanks for the efforts. This would be a great thing for me if I only managed to get it run. Not sure what I am doing wrong, may be my poor skills or lack of reading innuendo or just anything.

I downloaded the 1.11 version, saved it, unzipped to the "C:/DDO-ML" folder.
My DDO installation runs in "C:/DDO/DDO Unlimited" folder; My system is Win7 Prof 64-bit.
I have modified the ddo-ml.xml file with correct information (account name, password, ... - just everything the same I use for logging in via Turbine Launcher) and saved.
I have run the ddo-ml.exe. It asks to locate the game installation (I select the one in "C:/DDO/DDO Unlimited"), then it asks for server to log to, I select "cannith" and press OK.

Unfortunately, after that, nothing happens, no dialog pops out, just nothing. If I check the ddo-ml.ini, I can see:

[startup]
firstlaunch=0
directory=C:\DDO\DDOUNL~1\
server=cannith
x=1982
y=464
width=144
height=253
debug=0
ckey=***************
(ckey item replaced with asterisks just in case :-))

Setting up the firstlaunch to 1 means option to select the DDO folder again and server again, and that's just it.

When I check after filling such information, I can see "DDO-ML.exe *32" process as running between my process list in Task Manager, nothing is shown in Applications. If I use the ddo-ml.exe again, another process adds there and that's just it. I have to say I have administrator privileges and running anything "As Administrator" does not help either.

I would suspect the path to the directory is stored wrong or something, but cannot be sure. Or can anyone help me with pointing in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch,
Dodo

How big is your screen?

x=1982
y=464

This is the coordinates of the launcher. Try setting those numbers to lower values. I may have set the default coordinates a bit too far :P

Dodoroq
03-14-2014, 03:46 AM
How big is your screen?

x=1982
y=464

This is the coordinates of the launcher. Try setting those numbers to lower values. I may have set the default coordinates a bit too far :P

Actually, 1920x1080. Changing that helped, thanks a lot! :-)

AtomicMew
03-14-2014, 04:49 AM
Actually, 1920x1080. Changing that helped, thanks a lot! :-)

No problem, I probably should make a note of it in the original post :P

Ovrad
03-14-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm experiencing a problem on one of my account due to a special character in the username. Is there any format that can be used in the xml or something to ignore those special characters?

AtomicMew
03-14-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm experiencing a problem on one of my account due to a special character in the username. Is there any format that can be used in the xml or something to ignore those special characters?

What is the special character?

Bogenbroom
03-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Okay, I searched through the thread but didn't see a solution, so...

Tried 1.11 first, I get the directory and server screens, but no gui after that... just the systray icon. This happened with the default as well as a customized xml file. I have not yet tried moving my install closer to root, but will get to that.

Eventually tried 1.01. That worked better. However, I *might* be missing something. If I am reading the xml correctly, it looks liek the prog can start multiple instances using different accounts, but there doesn't appear to be a facility to launch anything but the first account on a login. What I mean is I have my DDO login, when I enter that & password the normal launcher presents me with a list of accounts associated to that login. Unless I am missing something, DDO-ML just selects the first one of those and proceeds. Is that incorrect?

Thanks

Ovrad
03-14-2014, 06:56 PM
What is the special character?

It starts with a -, so as I can see in the debug, it thinks it's a parameter for the command line, which of course returns an error.

Hasaki
03-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Tried 1.11 first, I get the directory and server screens, but no gui after that... just the systray icon. This happened with the default as well as a customized xml file. I have not yet tried moving my install closer to root, but will get to that.

Most likely the issue is simply that the GUI is offscreen. Edit the ddo-ml.ini file and change the x & y values to something within your screen resolution.

Eventually tried 1.01. That worked better. However, I *might* be missing something. If I am reading the xml correctly, it looks liek the prog can start multiple instances using different accounts, but there doesn't appear to be a facility to launch anything but the first account on a login. What I mean is I have my DDO login, when I enter that & password the normal launcher presents me with a list of accounts associated to that login. Unless I am missing something, DDO-ML just selects the first one of those and proceeds. Is that incorrect?

If I understand you correctly, yes...currently, it can only log in to the first subscription attached to the account.

I was happy to read that Turbine will be removing the NetSessions app when they're able to, only requiring it for installation and file replacement. Since I can use DDO-ML to patch at least, I can bypass NS even if they need it for regular patching. Just glad we won't need it to load the game. But I'd still prefer to get this working for multi-subscription accounts like mine, since it's a much nicer launcher.

Bogenbroom
03-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Most likely the issue is simply that the GUI is offscreen. Edit the ddo-ml.ini file and change the x & y values to something within your screen resolution.

If I understand you correctly, yes...currently, it can only log in to the first subscription attached to the account.

yeah, that is precisely what I meant. Thanks for the info.

Ykt
03-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Any way to avoid putting my password in a plain text XML file?

Ravoc-DDO
03-15-2014, 11:14 AM
This is so win-win-win

- Mew is getting much deserved respect and loads of cards
- Peeps get to keep playing DDO
- Turbine isn't losing to much players after all

The big loser here is Akamai, and that puts a smile on my face :D

Bob_of_QF
03-15-2014, 05:46 PM
I left debug on, and tried twice in a row (exiting DDO-ML each time)

And the encryption appears to be fixed-- the debug.txt file shows the correct password both times.

Again, if you know of a way to mail across the servers, I'd give you *all* my DDO cards, with pleasure.

(what I should have done, was create a slate of toons on the birthday, on the correct server (yours), to generate a slate of cards... alas, too late, now... sorry)

AtomicMew
03-15-2014, 07:33 PM
I left debug on, and tried twice in a row (exiting DDO-ML each time)

And the encryption appears to be fixed-- the debug.txt file shows the correct password both times.

Again, if you know of a way to mail across the servers, I'd give you *all* my DDO cards, with pleasure.

(what I should have done, was create a slate of toons on the birthday, on the correct server (yours), to generate a slate of cards... alas, too late, now... sorry)

It's all good, my inbox is constantly full lol. I have about 100 of 1-8 thanks to you guys, so I really don't need anymore :)

Good to hear it is working! The next update will try to fix the subscription issue and the issue ovrad had where his username started with a dash (which means re-installing python :/), maybe by sometime next week.

BOgre
03-15-2014, 11:52 PM
I play mostly in windowed mode, and the ML gui is always on top, meaning i have to move it down to just barely show in the taskbar area, and drag it back up when i want to use it.

suggestion:

=Have the whole app sit in the systray, all accounts and patch and everything available from the rightclick menu.

=Give the gui window a minimize button, minimize to tray option, or some other way to hide/unhide the gui while the game is up.

No rush. App works great. Thanks.

mushmush
03-16-2014, 08:30 PM

Thanks

how exactly do you move ddo into a shallow directory? Its not simple as renaming the folder lol is it?

Daitengu
03-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Yesterday everything worked fine. Today DDO-ML just says: Done...<Toon Name> and does not launch anything. What could cause this?

LightBear
03-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Yesterday everything worked fine. Today DDO-ML just says: Done...<Toon Name> and does not launch anything. What could cause this?

Have done a Patch Game here, but still the same as above poster.
Would be nice to see a version.

Edit:

Relocated DDO-ML to C:\DDO-ML and launched the .exe from there, firewall popped up asking me if the usual ddo files where allowed internet access, clicked yes to all and the game launched.

Guess it was a combo of some sorts.

Daitengu
03-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Solution for me: I just missed the downtime. lol

EllisDee37
03-17-2014, 04:24 PM
I play mostly in windowed mode, and the ML gui is always on top, meaning i have to move it down to just barely show in the taskbar area, and drag it back up when i want to use it.Just close it after you've logged in whoever you want to log.

I personally would prefer this app not be in the system tray because I already have a system tray app I wrote for DDO that's chock full of goodies, including calling this loader. Two systray icons for DDO is too much for me, heh.

BOgre
03-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Just close it after you've logged in whoever you want to log.

I personally would prefer this app not be in the system tray because I already have a system tray app I wrote for DDO that's chock full of goodies, including calling this loader. Two systray icons for DDO is too much for me, heh.

I hear you, but I like to leave it open so I can do some other-server stuff during my session, or if multi-boxing. And since ML already HAS a tray icon, ...

Teva
03-18-2014, 04:55 PM
I had gotten everything working as of Sunday night with DDO-ML except on my account with LOTRO on it. Then have been away a couple of days, get back today and even after doing the "patch game" selection am told "Game Error: You do not have current version of the client installed."

Edit with solution for if anyone else experiences it: when patching, be sure to run DDO-ML "as administrator" (not required to play, but evidently required to successfully patch).

Olds-cool
03-19-2014, 07:28 AM
How hard would it be to port the debug or some of the debug text to a visible window even when not debugging? The main thing I'd be looking for are the error messages for things like "apparently the server is down". When it just fails I exit, turn on debug, restart, fail again, look at log. Since most of us wont be using the DDO Launcher and I don't scan the forums to learn about downtime... well it would be nice to somehow see that message so I know to patch or that the game is down without the hoopla.

I understand that it might not be easy so I can continue with my current method... but if it's easy then I will give you 100 Tasty Hams for it's addition!

-Olds

HeadbustaJones
03-19-2014, 08:16 AM
Thanks a ton for this! Even being as old as I am I was able to get things set up and rolling with a minimal amount of work. (I wasn't there when God made dirt, but I helped with the first mud pie :)) Been using the launcher without issues for a few weeks now, and love the way it works. However...

TR'ed my main yesterday, and then exited the game for a bit of RL work. When I came back and used the launcher (connecting to my newly TR'ed main toon), lo and behold that toon showed up not as a lowly lvl 0 pile of molding clay, but instead as my lvl 20 before the Life-Shaper in the Hall of Heroes. That was a bit of a headscratcher, so I exited the game, then again used the launcher. Same result. Rinse, repeat another couple of times, with the same result. (Yes, I know the definition of crazy, but my software testing history makes me do those steps...)

Caved in and used the official DDO game loader, and when I hit the character selection page realized the issue - - in order to confirm the reincarnation, you have to type in the character name. DOH! I realize there probably isn't much that can be done with the DDO-ML launcher to address this directly, just wanted to see if anyone else had run into the issue and/or to spread the word for anyone looking to TR in case they get to the same point I did.

My workaround to address this issue when I do my next TR will be to use the launcher to get back in as my lvl 20 toon in the Hall of Heroes, log out of that toon, and from the character selection page do the "confirm reincarnation by entering the character name" step. Low-tech solution, but that's the kind of guy I am.

Thanks again - - peace out!

Olds-cool
03-19-2014, 01:12 PM
... or just setup a login to your account rather than your specific toon. Then you can choose whichever option you like.

;)

HeadbustaJones
03-19-2014, 04:28 PM
... or just setup a login to your account rather than your specific toon. Then you can choose whichever option you like.

;)

Hmm, hadn't thought of adding an account login to the list of one-click logins I did for each of my toons. Good to have sharp forumites throwing out suggestions like this :cool:

*Edit - a guildy read this post and was wondering if I was being snarky or sincere - - to clarify, I was being sincere. I hadn't thought of putting the account login in my list of one-click toon logins. Took Olds-cool's advice and added it, works like a charm. Thanks again!

btolson
03-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Does anyone have this working for lamannia?

JudasPriest
03-23-2014, 07:49 AM
I give up on this I've tried everything I go to launch the DDOML.exe i get file exists overwrite or cancel i hit overwrite it wipes the xml file, i click cancel it closes.

jasper319
03-24-2014, 07:56 PM
i have read all thru this topic and edited the ddo-ml.xml correctly, but nothing happens. when i click the ddolauncher i get a command line which opens and closes to fast to read anything and that is it. I do not get this window with account choices and a patch button that people mention, i get nothing except for a headache because turbine ****ed their **** up and i have been unsuccessfully trying to make one of my favorite games for about 2 hours now.

IlmethSoultaker
03-25-2014, 06:53 PM
I've had this working for the last few weeks. Today I get home from work, try to start it, and the shortcut I was using says that the shortcut has been changed or moved. Go into the file and try to execute and the file fails then disappears from the directory.

If I try to download just that file from the google drive, it gives a Download error.

Anyone have any experience with this? I can't think of anything I've changed recently, and I used it just last night.

Thanks in advance.

IlmethSoultaker
03-25-2014, 08:09 PM
I've also tried getting a fresh copy and extracting to a new folder, but it fails when it tries to extract DDO-ML.exe (it doesn't show up in the new folder).

AtomicMew
03-26-2014, 04:10 AM
Check your antivirus.

MiKe_de
03-26-2014, 06:01 AM
Avast Virusscanner says your ddo-ml.exe is a virus.

You should clear it with them as false positive. Sometimes they are SO dumb.... and stubborn.

They declared a program from me as false positive, too. A modification for x-tension.

IlmethSoultaker
03-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys. What an annoyance! It worked for a few weeks (and I love it, it's fantastic!), then all of a sudden Avast decided that it was evil. *shrug* Back to DDO.

AtomicMew
03-26-2014, 07:05 PM
New update, some substantial internal changes to get these features to work properly. Treat it as a beta for now. :p

Ver 1.2 - NOTE: You will need to re-encrypt your passwords if moving the XML file from 1.11 to 1.2.

- Fixed issue with reserved characters (e.g. hypens) in account/passwords (probably)
- Added option to choose subscription. See the example XML file.
- Switched usage to long path folder names, should fix issue with deep folder names

AtomicMew
03-26-2014, 07:05 PM
I give up on this I've tried everything I go to launch the DDOML.exe i get file exists overwrite or cancel i hit overwrite it wipes the xml file, i click cancel it closes.

This error comes about because you are formatting the XML file improperly, so it is not being recognized as an XML.

Hasaki
03-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Works perfectly. For the first time since the update, I've been able to log in with my main account.

Thanks, AtomicMew. :)

I know you said you didn't need any more 1-8 Cards, and unfortunately I don't have a 9 or 10. Is there anything else you're looking for? I'm a casual player, so I probably wouldn't be able to get the stuff you want, but I might as well ask.

Banker
03-27-2014, 11:29 AM
I was wondering... What exactly does this do? What I'd really like to see is something that lets you change servers without logging out, but I guess that's a major wish.

UurlockYgmeov
03-27-2014, 11:38 AM
been using this... love it. solves the akaimi issue - and patcher works. Thank you! Keep it up!

katz
03-27-2014, 03:33 PM
I was wondering... What exactly does this do? What I'd really like to see is something that lets you change servers without logging out, but I guess that's a major wish.

you're right. currently it is impossible to change servers without logging out, but as for what DDO-ML can do... here's how i use mine:

http://i.imgur.com/1XPQPKU.png

i have 2 accounts, and i have the XML file set up so that i click on a name in the list, and it automatically logs all the way in with that character.. or i have the option of going to the character select screen on that account if i wasn't sure who i was going to play, or wanted to create a new character or some such.

fastest easiest way i currently have to change servers is to log completely out of the game, start DDO-ML, right click the tray icon and select "set server'. type the name of the server... CLOSE DDO-ML. re-open DDO-ML, log in.

Ovrad
03-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Seems to be working perfectly now, thanks, awesome work! :D

btolson
03-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Will this run under wine/Ubuntu?

AtomicMew
03-31-2014, 01:19 AM
Will this run under wine/Ubuntu?

Most likely not, sorry.

HungarianRhapsody
04-05-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm trying to set up the launcher and it worked fine the first time I hit ddolauncher.exe. Now it won't launch successfully. I did not follow the directions and did not set up the .xml file or do anything the right way the first time I launched it. I just double clicked ddolauncher.exe.

Now I'd like to run it the "first" time to get it set up properly, but it is not asking me for the DDO install directory location or anything else that indicates that it's launching that "first" time. How do I make it forget that it was previously run so that I can get it to go through the first-time-run stuff?

EllisDee37
04-05-2014, 01:13 PM
How do I make it forget that it was previously run so that I can get it to go through the first-time-run stuff?Well, the simplest (sledgehammer) way would be to simply delete it and then re-unzip it from the download zip.

By "delete it" I mean the entire folder where you put it.

HungarianRhapsody
04-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Well, the simplest (sledgehammer) way would be to simply delete it and then re-unzip it from the download zip.

By "delete it" I mean the entire folder where you put it.

I put it in the same folder as I have DDO in. :)

I also looked in the registry to see if I could find anything there, but I didn't notice anything (although I might have just been looking in the wrong location or for the wrong keyword).

BOgre
04-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Well, first of all, the executable you want is DDO-ML.exe, not ddolauncher.exe.
Try that 1st. Next, if that doesn't work, re-unzip the download, and tell it to overwrite when prompted.

Ovrad
04-06-2014, 02:41 PM
No need to re-install or edit the registry. There's ddo-ml.ini file you can edit. Just change the line that says firstlaunch= from 0 to 1.

I'm surprised you thought of the registry before checking for ini files. ;)

EllisDee37
04-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Or just unzip it to a different directory and use it from there.

AtomicMew
04-07-2014, 04:07 AM
No need to re-install or edit the registry. There's ddo-ml.ini file you can edit. Just change the line that says firstlaunch= from 0 to 1.

I'm surprised you thought of the registry before checking for ini files. ;)

Yep! There are no registry entries. Everything is contained in the folder. The only thing firstlaunch does is set your DDO directory and set your server.

Cheers

ComicRelief
05-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Ever consider making one for Lamannia?

Just asking...
;)

Krelar
05-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Ever consider making one for Lamannia?

Just asking...
;)

It works just fine for lammania. Just plop another copy in your lamannia folder and enjoy. :D

EDIT: Never mind me, I was thinking of the preloader not DDO_ML.....

ComicRelief
05-12-2014, 10:50 AM
It works just fine for lammania. Just plop another copy in your lamannia folder and enjoy. :D

I tried that, couldn't get it to work. I must be doing something wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
;)

I'll do a bit more poking - thanks!
;)

Krelar
05-12-2014, 11:26 AM
I tried that, couldn't get it to work. I must be doing something wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
;)

I'll do a bit more poking - thanks!
;)

You know what?

For some reason I thought this was the preloader thread rather than the DDO-ML thread.....

I actually have no idea if DDO-ML works with lammania.

The preloader does though! :D

Behoram
06-11-2014, 09:48 AM
in encrypted_value="" what we must write? something or nothing?

AtomicMew
06-12-2014, 04:33 PM
in encrypted_value="" what we must write? something or nothing?

It is an optional feature, you don't need to use it

Included basic encryption - to encrypt your passwords, enter your passwords as usual and use the "Encrypt Passwords" tray menu option

Caprice
07-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Google Drive refuses to let me download any of the versions, claiming that the files are infected with a virus. I have an older version without encryption that I was dusting off and decided to upgrade. Could you please take a look and make sure that the files have not been tampered with? Thanks!

EllisDee37
07-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Since it got bumped, just another quick thanks for this awesome tool, AtomicMew.

AtomicMew
07-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks Ellisdee ^_^

There is no virus, the files haven't changed in months (you can check that that is the case). Basically, Google started using a suite of antivirus tools to determine whether a file is infected or not. Unfortunately, most if not all antivirus programs are incapable of distinguishing bad and good autoit programs. So they just flag all autoit programs as infected.

You can read more about it here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/34658-are-my-autoit-exes-really-infected/

I'll look for other places to host the files (I'm open to suggestions). Meanwhile, if you want to download DDO-ML, make a copy to your google drive and then make another copy so that you become the owner of the files. You can download any file as the owner, regardless of whether it gets flagged or not.

AtomicMew
07-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Re-uploaded to drop box instead.

Caprice
07-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Thank you for doing so. I got it working with the latest version over the weekend.

Unfortunately I am getting BSODs when I open 2 clients at the same time, but that appears to be happening on the DDO client's side not your utility's.

AdamSmith
07-21-2014, 12:44 PM
ClamWin Antivirus is also reporting DDO-ML to be infected with "Win.Trojan.11477628" ;)

Nodoze
07-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Anyone able to effectively multibox anything more than 1 melee or 2 ranged characters in combat at the same time?

I personally have found having multiple clients open at once is great for things like:

- multitasking (having a character check auctions/mail while my raid character waits at the entrance, etc);
- having extra chest loots per run (though tedious sometimes to run multiple people to the chest at the end);
- Giving the party full sets of Arcane/Divine/Artie/etc buffs;
- Keeping a rezzer in reserve at the entrance;
- etc...

That being said, due to DDO's lack of auto-follow, poor targeting, active combat, etc... I have found it difficult to use more than 1 character in actual combat (unlike most other games)...

I typically run 2-6 accounts (depending how many of my 4 older kids are on) but really haven't been able to play more than one melee at a time (with some ranged folk targeting-my-target) or 2 ranged targeting the same target...

Anyone able to do more in active combat and willing to share any insights on their setups/approaches?

Im_Rob
07-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Today for some reason I clicked on the shortcut to DDO.ML and the shortcut dissapeared...

looked in the folder, and the ddo_ML.exe is gone...

redownloaded it from your drop box.. can see the .exe in the ZIP file, but it WILL NOT EXTRACT. all other files extract fine, but the .exe file will not extract. no matter what kinda sledgehammer route I take.

Anyone else having some kind of issue like this?

I used the pre-loader early this morning (6AM EST approx) and it worked fine.

no changes to laptop since. after I was done playing, I put it to sleep. turned it on, clicked shortcut... watched it dissapear.

tried redownloading ZIP. no change. can see executable, cant extract it to anywhere. as part of a folder, individually, I renamed the .exe to DDO_ASDFGH_ML.exe4 still couldnt extract it.

Look forward to hearing about this. GOD I hate turbines launcher now that I've been using this baby for months :)

thanks again for a wicked project. hope its not a crazy issue!

Me

AtomicMew
07-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Today for some reason I clicked on the shortcut to DDO.ML and the shortcut dissapeared...

looked in the folder, and the ddo_ML.exe is gone...

redownloaded it from your drop box.. can see the .exe in the ZIP file, but it WILL NOT EXTRACT. all other files extract fine, but the .exe file will not extract. no matter what kinda sledgehammer route I take.

Anyone else having some kind of issue like this?

I used the pre-loader early this morning (6AM EST approx) and it worked fine.

no changes to laptop since. after I was done playing, I put it to sleep. turned it on, clicked shortcut... watched it dissapear.

tried redownloading ZIP. no change. can see executable, cant extract it to anywhere. as part of a folder, individually, I renamed the .exe to DDO_ASDFGH_ML.exe4 still couldnt extract it.

Look forward to hearing about this. GOD I hate turbines launcher now that I've been using this baby for months :)

thanks again for a wicked project. hope its not a crazy issue!

Me

It's your antivirus.

Im_Rob
07-22-2014, 02:01 AM
well my stars and garters.

I've never had that issue before, but it wored like a charm. disable antivirus, take the exe outa the archive, and bingo.
and thankfully I saved my ini files so I didnt have to go through the setup again.

cheers mate

Me

Im_Rob
07-22-2014, 08:04 PM
It's your antivirus.

And the idiot that I am, I had to do this today again because I didnt put any exceptions into my antivirus to ignore DDO-ML.

Well I think this problem is solved now with exceptions in place for the whole DDO-ML folder, for active screen, and virus-scan

Aletys
09-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Can I create a copy of DDO-ML (separate folder) to use for running the Lamannia client? Or will this mess up my using it with live DDO? Contrary to what was in the initial U23 release notes, it does not appear to be possible to install/use the Lamannia client without Akamai (and that note is gone from the latest release notes).

AtomicMew
09-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Can I create a copy of DDO-ML (separate folder) to use for running the Lamannia client? Or will this mess up my using it with live DDO? Contrary to what was in the initial U23 release notes, it does not appear to be possible to install/use the Lamannia client without Akamai (and that note is gone from the latest release notes).

You can create a separate folder and each folder will retain its own settings. However, i have not tested DDO-ML for lammania.

AdamSmith
09-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Does this tool bypass the built-in preloader in the official launcher that was updated today?

Phoenix-daBard
09-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Does this tool bypass the built-in preloader in the official launcher that was updated today?

I believe it would since this bypasses the official launcher.

EllisDee37
09-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Does this tool bypass the built-in preloader in the official launcher that was updated today?Yes, you need your own preloader to work with DDO-ML.

I wrote my own quickie version using VB6 when I switched to DDO-ML. There's not much to it, but it works great. Here's a stripped down version of it:
Private Declare Function GetDesktopWindow Lib "user32" () As Long
Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpszOp As String, ByVal lpszFile As String, ByVal lpszParams As String, ByVal lpszDir As String, ByVal FsShowCmd As Long) As Long

Sub Main()
Dim strFile As String
Dim strFolder As String
Dim bytArray() As Byte

' Cache gamelogic.dat
strFile = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\client_gamelogic.dat"
Open strFile For Binary Access Read As #1
ReDim bytArray(LOF(1))
Get #1, , bytArray
Close #1
Erase bytArray
' Run DDO-ML
strFolder = "C:\Users\Ellis\Documents\Games\DDO\DOO-ML 1.0"
strFile = strFolder & "\DDO-ML.exe"
ShellExecute GetDesktopWindow(), "Open", strFile, "", strFolder, wsNormal
End Sub

Wanesa's is a bit more involved but they essentially do the same thing. You can make your own version as a .bat file in a pinch:
@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online"
copy client_gamelogic.dat cache.dat
del cache.dat
cd "C:\Users\Ellis\Documents\Games\DDO\DOO-ML 1.0"
DDO-ML
exitThat should do the same thing, only slightly less elegantly. Just change the folders to match your setup and you should be good to go.

whereispowderedsilve
09-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Yes, you need your own preloader to work with DDO-ML.

I wrote my own quickie version using VB6 when I switched to DDO-ML. There's not much to it, but it works great. Here's a stripped down version of it:
Private Declare Function GetDesktopWindow Lib "user32" () As Long
Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpszOp As String, ByVal lpszFile As String, ByVal lpszParams As String, ByVal lpszDir As String, ByVal FsShowCmd As Long) As Long

Sub Main()
Dim strFile As String
Dim strFolder As String
Dim bytArray() As Byte

' Cache gamelogic.dat
strFile = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\client_gamelogic.dat"
Open strFile For Binary Access Read As #1
ReDim bytArray(LOF(1))
Get #1, , bytArray
Close #1
Erase bytArray
' Run DDO-ML
strFolder = "C:\Users\Ellis\Documents\Games\DDO\DOO-ML 1.0"
strFile = strFolder & "\DDO-ML.exe"
ShellExecute GetDesktopWindow(), "Open", strFile, "", strFolder, wsNormal)
End Sub

Wanesa's is a bit more involved but they essentially do the same thing. You can make your own version as a .bat file in a pinch:
@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online"
copy client_gamelogic.dat cache.dat
del cache.dat
cd "C:\Users\Ellis\Documents\Games\DDO\DOO-ML 1.0"
DDO-ML
exitThat should do the same thing, only slightly less elegantly. Just change the folders to match your setup and you should be good to go.

OMG!!?!?!?! Can I use this with Pylotro??? I've been using it for the past year or so. No rush I am not currently playing DDO so.

Thanks Ellis!!!

EllisDee37
09-29-2014, 10:12 PM
OMG!!?!?!?! Can I use this with Pylotro??? I've been using it for the past year or so. No rush I am not currently playing DDO so.

Thanks Ellis!!!Yep. The .bat file solution is a little clunky but will work with any launcher, and for any version. (Live or Lama.)

Nodoze
09-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Yep. The .bat file solution is a little clunky but will work with any launcher, and for any version. (Live or Lama.)Good to know & thanks for sharing!

grabelotto
01-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Well, I'm trying to use this lite version, but I don't know anything about programming.
That's my code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
<shortcut label="Acc1">
<account user="grabelotto">
<pass value=" " encrypted_value="41FDE2FF0C4B8E37A76821F1DE3D7EE2AEABD266C1D2E424DC 3708D675297414"></pass>
<character value="Ivalaine"></character>
<subscription value="SubName"></subscription>
</account>
</shortcut>
<shortcut label="Acc2">
<account user="Acc2">
<pass value="" encrypted_value="12FBAE1DA9BE44CF7C47A9B8522D8F12"></pass>
<rename value="DDO_acc2"></rename>
</account>
</shortcut>
<shortcut label="Acc1 and Acc2">
<account user="Acc1">
<pass value="" encrypted_value="B583887174CA4124FD06BD2917596B87"></pass>
</account>
<account user="Acc2">
<pass value="" encrypted_value="45AB4261FC807720517637B1796B666C"></pass>
<rename value="DDO_acc2"></rename>
</account>
</shortcut>
</root>

And after cliclink Acc1 and (Patch Game) that's what happens:

***DONE***

Data patching complete.
All patching complete.
Checking for updates...
checking data...data patches: 0 bytes to download: 0
unlock: 0 empty: 0
result code: 0x00000000
Patching data:

files to patch: 0 bytes to download: 0
Patching files:
File patching complete
Checking files......
***Starting Patch Process***

What should i do next??

Bob_of_QF
04-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Sadly, after more than a year of happy usage, DDO-ML.EXE no longer functions with DDO. Their very latest patch (last night?) has finally killed this most excellent resource.

I tried all sorts of things, but gave up and dug out my old DDO launcher-- it said I needed a patch, which I did.

(I had been using the "patch game" feature of DDO-ML, but that also does not work any more.)

About the only positive note in all this? I hit "decline" for Akami, but was still able to get into DDO. I have yet to see if they were lying (as before), and installed it anyway...

I really miss being able to jump directly to my toons-- I haven't seen that "choose your toon" page in over a year... and I had not missed it at all. I'm sorry to see it now, even...

EllisDee37
04-17-2015, 08:03 PM
There was no update last night.

DDO-ML still works fine for me, no issues. I successfully logged in using DDO-ML at the same time I'm writing this post.

I did run into some weirdness with DDO-ML simply not doing anything after the most recent update a few days ago or last week. A simple reboot of my computer (which I rarely do) fixed it.

UurlockYgmeov
04-17-2015, 08:42 PM
I've had not issues with DDO-ML or PyDDO either.

Aintryg
06-29-2015, 07:42 PM
I have edited the ini file, everything is pointing to the correct paths. When I launch the DDO-ML exe I get the pop up box, click on my account, login displays the correct name, it then says done. And thats it, nothing else happens, game does not launch. Does anyone have an suggestions for what to check?

AtomicMew
06-30-2015, 10:21 AM
I have edited the ini file, everything is pointing to the correct paths. When I launch the DDO-ML exe I get the pop up box, click on my account, login displays the correct name, it then says done. And thats it, nothing else happens, game does not launch. Does anyone have an suggestions for what to check?

Hi, if you're having problems, turn on debug=1 in the ini file and check the log files, which could give you more info.

UurlockYgmeov
06-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Hi, if you're having problems, turn on debug=1 in the ini file and check the log files, which could give you more info.

Hey AtomicMew - love DDO-ML. Would you update it so to work on the new awesome process (they changed the name)?

Thank you in advance!

Aintryg
06-30-2015, 02:40 PM

Unable to find a subscription on your account for DDO. Your LotrO account? I am not sure if this is looking for something other than my account, or if this is something I should have edited myself.

AtomicMew
06-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Unable to find a subscription on your account for DDO. Your LotrO account? I am not sure if this is looking for something other than my account, or if this is something I should have edited myself.

Yep, looks like you need to add your subscription name (some accounts have more than one subscription, e.g., if you're using the same account for LOTRO, or CS added a new account to fix an error).

Fixed issue with reserved characters (e.g. hypens) in account/passwords (probably)
Switched usage to long path folder names, should fix issue with deep folder names

AtomicMew
06-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Hey AtomicMew - love DDO-ML. Would you update it so to work on the new awesome process (they changed the name)?

Thank you in advance!

What is the name of the new process? It's possible they internalized awesomonium to prevent people from closing it.

Aintryg
06-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Yep, looks like you need to add your subscription name (some accounts have more than one subscription, e.g., if you're using the same account for LOTRO, or CS added a new account to fix an error).

That was it exactly, I mistakenly thought I could leave that blank since I did not have multiple accounts. Thanks!

Robai
06-30-2015, 05:59 PM
First, thank you AtomicMew (and others who started this project) for this great work!

Here are the steps to do:

Download the file
https://github.com/traversc/DDO-ML/archive/master.zip
Unzip, you'll have folder DDO-ML-master (location of this folder doesn't matter, I placed it near the folder Dungeons & Dragons Online)
For editing text files (including extensions .txt, .ini, .xml and many others) always use a free program Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) (instead of Notepad) for visibility (you'll see why).
Open ddo-ml.ini and do these changes:

change firstlaunch=0 to firstlaunch=1 (this will make sure you'll be asked for DDO folder, it will ask for this only on the first launch though)
change debug=0 to debug=1 (this will create file debug.txt, which is very useful to track down errors, for example, this way I found out that I have chosen the wrong DDO folder)
change server= to server=Orien (choose your server of course, I'm playing on Orien)

Now open file ddo-ml.xml

<shortcut label="Acc1"> The text "Acc1" is shown in character selection screen that's why you should choose your character's name (For example, I used "Plienas").
<account user="Acc1"> The text "Acc1" here is the login name that you are using to log in to the game.
<pass value="" (enter your password inside "")
<rename value="DDO_acc1"></rename> The text "DDO_acc1" is the name of the game window, that's why you should use your character's name ("Plienas" in my case) - this is very useful when you run several accounts in windowed mode: at a glance you can see which character is in which window.
<character value="ToonName"></character> This is self explanatory ("Plienas" in my case, btw, character name means only the first name of course)
<subscription value="SubName"></subscription> I deleted this line, it works just fine without it (I'm not a Vip, but it's probably for those who use several subscriptions).

Now do the same steps (a, b, c, d, e) for other character (it can be from the same account or a different account)
Ok, time to launch the game, run DDO-ML.exe
You'll see a small window https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/1CpFU1pN.jpg just click on character's name and wait, the game will launch and load that character. You can close this window after you launch the game and can open it later any time you want.
NOTE: do not click on "Patch Game", you should always update the game using the official game launcher instead (a guildmate said he used this option and something was messed up after that).
The "Close Background" thing closes one of the ddo windows when you run several accounts at once (IMO the two options "Patch Game"/"Close Background" shouldn't be there)
In the file ddo-ml.xml the last of 3 examples is <shortcut label="Acc1 and Acc2">. This is used only for starting several accounts at once with just one click. In most cases this is rather useless option since you can still play several accounts at once by using the above steps, just have to launch accounts one by one (which is also healthier for a computer).

EllisDee37
06-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Nice writeup, Robai.

Just another shoutout to thank AtomicMew for the awesomeness that is DDO-ML. It's particularly useful for managing dual-box accounts. Consider my DDO-ML screen:

http://s26.postimg.org/p3uqkom9l/DDOML.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
click image upload (http://postimage.org/)

The "EllisDee37" and "EllisMule" root entries load the game but don't log into a character, which is nice for doing things like creating a new character. The indented entries let me log directly into those alts. I particularly like that I can change the name, which lets me add level info for the dual-box openers.

And yes, they can pry the Classic Windows theme from my cold, dead hands.

UurlockYgmeov
06-30-2015, 11:17 PM
What is the name of the new process? It's possible they internalized awesomonium to prevent people from closing it.

I believe they just renamed it by removing the space... checking now

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11070553_495123537311868_8627789239946122025_n.jpg ?oh=6a8ca0b220c287f43e44059e907d4b3c&oe=562EDCB3

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11169072_495123543978534_5084072060485910375_n.jpg ?oh=2187672a88392827882c5937d71413ef&oe=561CDD87

visibleman
07-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Title says it all. dndclient.exe crashes if I try use DDO-ML to launch a toon when that toons graphics options have been set to Fullscreen Window. If I set it back to normal Window mode, DDO-ML will launch the toon OK.

Thought it might be the Rename Window line in the XML, so deleted that. But no change.

Here is teh Event viewer ****, if it helps at all.

Application Error
Faulting application name: dndclient.exe, version: 2600.45.1708.4199, time stamp: 0x55b80694
Faulting module name: dndclient.exe, version: 2600.45.1708.4199, time stamp: 0x55b80694
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x004b3202
Faulting process id: 0xeb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cb0abcb8fd80
Faulting application path: G:\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\dndclient.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\dndclient.exe
Report Id: 1d0a9cc0-36fe-11e5-9482-001fc6e4bf26

So, atm my choice is continue with DDO-ML in normal Window Mode or revert to the Turbine Launcher. Life sucks.

AtomicMew
08-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Title says it all. dndclient.exe crashes if I try use DDO-ML to launch a toon when that toons graphics options have been set to Fullscreen Window. If I set it back to normal Window mode, DDO-ML will launch the toon OK.

Thought it might be the Rename Window line in the XML, so deleted that. But no change.

Here is teh Event viewer ****, if it helps at all.

So, atm my choice is continue with DDO-ML in normal Window Mode or revert to the Turbine Launcher. Life sucks.

No idea, sorry. If you're launching multiple at a time fullscreen, try with just one at a time.

Can you launch full screen without entering a specific toon?

MatrimDaved
09-06-2015, 01:42 PM
It would be nice if I could use this for more than one server.
I like to roll my daily dice on every server if I have time.

CernunnosM
09-06-2015, 07:22 PM
It would be nice if I could use this for more than one server.
I like to roll my daily dice on every server if I have time.

You can. Just copy the entire directory and edit the server for each one.

TitusOvid
09-28-2015, 07:09 AM
I tr'd today and started up the game with ML, set to a specific toon. Since TR resets channels, I tried to join a few. It didn't work. I get the message "you didn't join channel xyz". You have to login over the turbine launcher apparently.
No big deal. Just wanted to mention it.

Thanks for this otherwise awesome tool.

Stoner81
09-28-2015, 07:21 AM
I tr'd today and started up the game with ML, set to a specific toon. Since TR resets channels, I tried to join a few. It didn't work. I get the message "you didn't join channel xyz". You have to login over the turbine launcher apparently.
No big deal. Just wanted to mention it.

Thanks for this otherwise awesome tool.

I have the same issue with the official launcher, you just have to log out and back in again and you can then join channels as normal.

Stoner81.

HunterjWizzard
11-27-2015, 11:09 PM
Can I get a download link for 1.01? I cannot make 1.11 work and don't want/need the encryption.

AtomicMew
11-30-2015, 04:58 AM
Try: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1vcZavSVUG0SFlTVFZ0M09qWTA/edit

HunterjWizzard
11-30-2015, 08:52 PM

Thanks. A little late to help, unfortunately :P I was traveling on saturday and trying to make DDO work on a laptop. Had forgotten that akamai $%&# and didn't have ML on that machine! I'm home now.

Olds-cool
12-01-2015, 01:17 PM

Ha... now that's funny!

http://s15.postimg.org/4rgck822j/ha1.png

AtomicMew
12-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Ha... now that's funny!

http://s15.postimg.org/4rgck822j/ha1.png

Reason why I switched to github :)

Olds-cool
12-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Yeah... I went back to the OP and grabbed from there but I still find humor in the error. I'm going to have to post some virii of my own ;)

Cams
12-17-2015, 11:47 AM
ive played with this guy before its 555

Power_Creep
01-22-2016, 10:29 AM
DDO-ML is awesome.

But has anyone else noticed it can now take a very long time to login when launching multiple accounts at once?

It seems to have suddenly slowed way down. I used to be able to launch 4-6 mules at once from a ram drive.
Now however it takes five mins.

I think it may just be the login server because when it does finally launch, several of the accounts will fail and throw a login server busy error.

The slowdown did not correlate with a game update.

DDO-ML is one of the reasons I still logon to DDO.

Either way, thanks for the app.

UurlockYgmeov
03-08-2016, 04:55 PM
After datacenter move - anyone else experiencing issues using DDO-ML?

Vicania
03-08-2016, 05:07 PM

Yes. It doesnt work anymore. Atleast for me.

Bob_of_QF
03-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Yes. It doesnt work anymore. Atleast for me.

The latest patch (this morning, 3/8/16) has ruined DDO-ML. It no longer updates, and it no longer launches, even after updating using the original DDO launcher.

It goes through the motions, but nothing actually loads. In fact, it appears to run through the script too fast.

Bob_of_QF
03-08-2016, 06:08 PM
I looked at several different files, in DDO-ML directory, and back in the DDO directory (post-update, using the OEM updater).

There are several changes to the web addresses in the new files from DDO's update, that no longer match the ones in the DDO-ML PY file.

And that's as far as I got, not being familiar with Python enough to re-compile things myself. The language was similar to other programming languages I know, so that wasn't the issue.

UurlockYgmeov
03-08-2016, 06:12 PM
I looked at several different files, in DDO-ML directory, and back in the DDO directory (post-update, using the OEM updater).

There are several changes to the web addresses in the new files from DDO's update, that no longer match the ones in the DDO-ML PY file.

And that's as far as I got, not being familiar with Python enough to re-compile things myself. The language was similar to other programming languages I know, so that wasn't the issue.

thought as much - so now we wait for a White Knight. :)

A kludge might be to redirect those websites...

or lmhost it -

Olds-cool
03-09-2016, 07:44 AM

Yep. No longer working for me.

Aletys
03-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Same, no longer working for me since the patch.

Syrrah
03-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Yeah, DDO-ML hasn't been working for me since the datacenter move either. *sadface*

AtomicMew
03-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Hi guys, it has already been fixed (thanks to another poster elsewhere) and I just need to compile the python code to exe again (which is actually pretty aggravating because it's python on windows). Should have an update this week.

UurlockYgmeov
03-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Hi guys, it has already been fixed (thanks to another poster elsewhere) and I just need to compile the python code to exe again (which is actually pretty aggravating because it's python on windows). Should have an update this week.

1 was just going to attempt to do such myself. :) Glad you beat me to it - else who knows how it would have turned out! :eek::)

Thank You in advance!

Bob_of_QF
03-09-2016, 06:02 PM

Yes-- I could read Python code just fine. However, I had zero idea how to turn it into lovely .EXE though. Glad there are experts who do. Thank you!

PurpleTimb
03-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Thanks for your work on this great tool. I hope the compile goes smoothly and you are able to get it out soon. I miss my DDO-ML.

AtomicMew
03-10-2016, 02:25 AM
Version 1.3.

Please see if it now works for you guys. If it does, I will update the OP.

I tested it out on my win 10 machine and a win 8 virtual machine. https://github.com/traversc/DDO-ML

Sorry for the DLL vomit. I ran into a ton of bugs in the new version of python, trying to compile the launcher to EXE. This is just what worked for me, and I didn't want to mess with the paths.

UurlockYgmeov
03-10-2016, 02:43 AM
Version 1.3.

I tested it out on my win 10 machine and a win 8 virtual machine. https://github.com/traversc/DDO-ML

Sorry for the DLL vomit. I ran into a ton of bugs in the new version of python, trying to compile the launcher to EXE. This is just what worked for me, and I didn't want to mess with the paths.

awesome! would give more rep - but won't let me!

will try in a couple hours when I get a chance!

UurlockYgmeov
03-10-2016, 03:28 AM
worked just fine for me.... nicely done!

SiliconScout
03-10-2016, 03:42 AM
Doing a Happy Dance here in Saskabush!

Thanks for the quick fix!

CernunnosM
03-10-2016, 06:41 AM
Version 1.3.

Please see if it now works for you guys.

Win 7. I get "Error loading Python DLL: C:\Games\DDO-ML-master\python35.dll (error code 1114)"

Replaced dll with x64 from python.org. Error changed to 193. Replaced dll with x86, error went back to 1114.

Tried running as admin, same result.

Previous launcher works without dll error.

PurpleTimb
03-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Yay! Works great for me. I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks for the quick update.

DeathbringerGod
03-10-2016, 01:21 PM
I can't make it to work, it says Done but never brings the game, I don't know what I'm doing wrong either, I copied from my 1.2 xml file and encrypted the password, but nothing.
I need a little help here... I'm using Windows 7 64bits

Redgob
03-10-2016, 01:25 PM
I can't make it to work, it says Done but never brings the game, I don't know what I'm doing wrong either, I copied from my 1.2 xml file and encrypted the password, but nothing.
I need a little help here... I'm using Windows 7 64bits
Same. Win7 64-bit, just does nothing similar to previous version. PyLotro still works but after using DDO-ML for a while, it's a pain.

Bob_of_QF
03-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Version 1.3.

Downloaded the ZIP file. Copied to new location "C:\Games\DDO\DDO-ML 1.3 S"

Unzipped to that location, using built-in Win7.64bit unzipper. (basically select all individual files in zip, copy, paste to "C:\Games\DDO\DDO-ML 1.3 S" )

Modified the .INI and .XML to match previous versions (but left "firstlaunch=1" in .INI)

Created shortcut, then copied that to desktop. Clicky-click.

Error message for --> DDO-ML.EXE

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Not a single HINT as to what frikkin' "specified device, path or file" actually is. Checked the permissions-- all are Kosher from DDO all the way down.

At rather a loss, here. I'm sure I did something stupid, that is patently obvious. *sigh*

Bob_of_QF
03-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Error message for --> DDO-ML.EXE

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Okay, got this stupid error sorted. Panda antivirus thought DDO-ML was virus (not signed--stupid program flashes a message for less than 3 seconds, then deletes... I hate antivirus crapware... almost as much as I hate actual viruses...)

Now, I'm back to click on my toon-- DDO-ML trundles a bit, then says "done" but nothing is actually happening, re: Turbine.

Exact same behavior as version 1.1.

EDIT:

It's a FirstLaunch error-- the engine that selects the directory inadvertently put double-slash in the path:

"directory=C:\\Games\\DDO"

This is invalid in Windoze. A manual edit of the file may fix things... let's see.

Edit:

Double-checked: Directory is the same as v1.1 now, "C:\Games\DDO\" Still trundles, but does nothing. Tried with and without the final slash-- exact same restult.

Debug is now on:

2016-03-10 14:31:37 : ddolauncher.exe -s Sarlona -g "C:\Games\DDO\" -u "Bob_of_QF" -a "*****" -z ""
2016-03-10 14:31:37 :

But no joy-- it goes through the motions at the top of the menu, but nothing actually happens. No launchy. No playie. No cookie. *sigh*

Edit:

Thought it might be a password issue-- deleted my key-- tried it (debug on), and a random (false) password was generated in the DEBUG.TXT file. Put my key back, and re-checked-- the correct password now shows in the DEBUG.TXT file.

Still not launching. Looking at older DEBUG files (in a different directory-- I tend to keep everything archived...) I see that the empty double-quotes is not the same in the older files. In version 1.3, the final item in the debug is "". In other, older versions, when everything is working, there is lots of stuff there. Could be related?

Older DEBUG.TXT lines-- there were 3 entries, not just the 2, as in 1.3:

2016-03-07 23:15:35 : ddolauncher.exe -s sarlona -g C:\Games\DDO\ Bob_of_QF *************
2016-03-07 23:15:38 : dndclient.exe -h 74.201.106.22:9004 -a 3RPKPJCM7Y7XYZ2F43HNYNPD7 --glsticketdirect +jqHxF7+uPiwO5rmaSDH1BRgRTuEBEuC/l3srRptsil4G9wtTKkRvoIbYfTX4BL19zEQZapI9YD6f5nO7JE b9RAUR26mTufz/5zjSRDq929zoh0b8tHV+9mARbxOLWl5ftNAQu2ykjwxgSkLprI fl3pRs1BnF/dUSEE3JNdV/ABgpHQyw87OUL9Gr6Lmcvo0UHbDCMmfmtsRSeQC2wBT1V5xM2G nmRoC/869afHUEgQ5N92zyqkVTfxZl3Ya6mXN --chatserver "74.201.106.22:2900" --language English --rodat on --gametype DDO --supporturl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/trowser.aspx" --supportserviceurl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/SubmitTicket.asmx" --authserverurl "https://gls.ddo.com/GLS.AuthServer/Service.asmx" --glsticketlifetime 21600
2016-03-07 23:15:39 : 1000

CernunnosM
03-10-2016, 02:41 PM
ddolauncher.exe -s Sarlona -g "C:\Games\DDO\" -u "Bob_of_QF" -a "*****" -z ""

Try running that at a cmd.exe prompt in your ddo-ml directory. See what error you get.

Bob_of_QF
03-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Try running that at a cmd.exe prompt in your ddo-ml directory. See what error you get.

Okay. I did add some additional info, in my previous post, above.

No errors with DDO-ML.EXE. I got that sorted--it was the idiot anti-virus proggy.

Now, the error is that DDO-ML.EXE, v1.3 behaves *exactly* like DDO-ML.EXE 1.1 does-- that is, in the little message line at the top of the XML menu, it goes through the motions of launch-- without actually invoking a launch.

I think it's a directory issue, as I noted in my previous post, using FIRSTLAUNCH=1 fails, when selecting the directory name.

Bob_of_QF
03-10-2016, 02:58 PM

Definitely an error in your directory-selection engine.

I tried blanking out directory= entry, re-setting FirstLaunch=1, and restarting.

Debug results:

2016-03-10 14:55:35 : ddolauncher.exe -s Sarlona -g "C:\\Games\\DDO" -u "Bob_of_QF" -a "*********" -z ""
2016-03-10 14:55:35 :

In Windoze, a double-slash is forbidden.

UurlockYgmeov
03-10-2016, 03:00 PM

I tried blanking out directory= entry, re-setting FirstLaunch=1, and restarting.

Debug results:

2016-03-10 14:55:35 : ddolauncher.exe -s Sarlona -g "C:\\Games\\DDO" -u "Bob_of_QF" -a "*********" -z ""

would manually updating the .ini file to correct the path maybe work?

CernunnosM
03-10-2016, 03:01 PM

Not my app. Was trying to see if you got the same .dll error when executing from command line that I did.

Bob_of_QF
03-10-2016, 03:05 PM

I noticed there is a new entry in the .XML file, for version 1.3, that was not present in earlier versions.

<subscription value="SubName"></subscription>

What is this for, and how is it utilized?

It is missing in my current .XML file, as I had simply copied my older file from the older directory, after a quick exam of the 1.3 file-- I failed to notice this new entry, so it's missing from the working 1.3 XML file.

Bob_of_QF
03-10-2016, 03:07 PM
would manually updating the .ini file to correct the path maybe work?

I tried that, with and without the final slash. The older versions seem to want the final slash, so I tried that.

No effect whatsoever.

I'm sorry-- I thought this was your proggy. My bad! :)

Bob_of_QF
03-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Not my app.

So sorry! I should check who I'm replying to more carefully. My bad! :D

Full_Bleed
03-11-2016, 05:48 AM

Debug results:

I had to change the directory path to look like this to work (Win 10 64bit): C:\\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited

And I had to remove the "Subscription" line from XML file. Not sure what that's used for.