PDA

View Full Version : Open Locks skill

GeoffWatson
02-13-2014, 12:34 AM
I thought about getting Open Locks on my dex-based Ninja. Even with few skill points, great Dex should give a good chance to pick most locks.

But the skill was unavailable; not even cross-class.

Why?

Anyway, I think you should make all skills available to all classes, even with the cross-class penalty.

Geoff.

Thlargir
02-13-2014, 12:40 AM
But the skill was unavailable; not even cross-class.

Rogue/Artie only

GeoffWatson
02-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Rogue/Artie only

Why's that?
It's not restricted in D&D, which DDO is based on.

To make Rogue/Artie's feel special?
To sell Bells of Opening?

Geoff.

Flavilandile
02-13-2014, 04:06 AM
Why's that?
It's not restricted in D&D, which DDO is based on.

To make Rogue/Artie's feel special?
To sell Bells of Opening?

Geoff.

Always been that way. That's why the 1 level Rogue splash on Rangers was so hype.

oradafu
02-13-2014, 04:35 AM
Wow! Someone found another way to try to make all builds contain a splash of monk. As if that wasn't happening already.

If you had suggested that Ninja Spy should have something like a Tier 5 ability to use their Wisdom modifier instead of Dex for Open Lock, but still had to have Rogue of Arti levels for the skill, I might be with you. You know, something like the One with Blade in the Kensei tree that doesn't benefit Fighters at all, unless they have Monk levels or using Grandmaster of Flowers.

But I'm firmly against what you are suggesting.

SirValentine
02-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Wow! Someone found another way to try to make all builds contain a splash of monk. As if that wasn't happening already.

Where do you get that making skills available as they should be has anything to do with splashing Monk?

My pure Cleric who has no interest in splashing Monk wants Open Locks to be available as a trained-only cross-class skill, too.

rimble
02-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Every class has their own things...that's what makes this game interesting...

Rogues/Artificers are the only ones with access to some skills.

Artificers are the only ones with access to some items (Rune Arms).

Fighters are the only ones with access to some Feats (Specialization).

...and on and on...it's ok...

RD2play
02-14-2014, 12:16 PM
for open lock there is one more option, go half-orc take the dragon-mark, put some points into intim and str take lock-bash.