PDA

View Full Version : how about unique temples for word of recall based on faith?

shadowowl
02-11-2014, 03:55 PM
a simple addition not much of a game changer but how about each of the deities has a temple for each of the faiths a player can choose?
it seems strange that no matter what your choosen faith you must word of recall to the temple of the sovereign host
how about one for each and word of recall brings you to the one of your deity? for example
Amaunator could bring you to the temple in eveningstar (currently in ruins)
the Lord of Blades could bring you to a temple in house c
the Silver Flame could bring you to a temple in market (outside catacombs?)
the Sovereign Host (remains the same with house D temple)
the Undying Court (could bring you to a temple in house J perhaps or house P?)
Vulkoor (could bring you to a temple in sands area)
most of these area's don't exist though they could easily be added with no real major changes to the game other then adding a few npc's that perhaps do nothing other then sell some divine scrolls/mats
perhaps change the word of recall scrolls so there are different ones for each temple? The umd wouldn't be much different then teleport though I suppose some sort of restriction may need to be in place for Amaunator in eveningstar perhaps have this as an exception with no temple as it's in ruins due to the drow so people don't umd them to just go to eveningstar without keys or doing the quests.
at any rate I think it would be a nice depth to the game without too much of a change.

Impaqt
02-11-2014, 04:08 PM
a simple addition not much of a game changer but how about each of the deities has a temple for each of the faiths a player can choose?
it seems strange that no matter what your choosen faith you must word of recall to the temple of the sovereign host
how about one for each and word of recall brings you to the one of your deity? for example
Amaunator could bring you to the temple in eveningstar (currently in ruins)
the Lord of Blades could bring you to a temple in house c
the Silver Flame could bring you to a temple in market (outside catacombs?)
the Sovereign Host (remains the same with house D temple)
the Undying Court (could bring you to a temple in house J perhaps or house P?)
Vulkoor (could bring you to a temple in sands area)
most of these area's don't exist though they could easily be added with no real major changes to the game other then adding a few npc's that perhaps do nothing other then sell some divine scrolls/mats
perhaps change the word of recall scrolls so there are different ones for each temple? The umd wouldn't be much different then teleport though I suppose some sort of restriction may need to be in place for Amaunator in eveningstar perhaps have this as an exception with no temple as it's in ruins due to the drow so people don't umd them to just go to eveningstar without keys or doing the quests.
at any rate I think it would be a nice depth to the game without too much of a change.

O.O

So you propose the devs add a bunch more "temples"
then
Split the spell into 6 different spells.
Then create specific scrolls for each of them.
all to bring divines back to a completely useless area that no one really needs to go to anymore anyway.

Heres a better idea.

Word of recall scrolls bring you back to your Bind point without the death. (Ideally, We should be able to set our own independent word of recall bind point, but I'll take what we can get first)

Scrolls should take you back to wherever the scroll was bound. SO Temple of the soverign host is fine.... I would thing something like the Marketplace spire would work better though.

And for reference, here is the SRD Spell Description..

Word of recall teleports you instantly back to your sanctuary when the word is uttered. You must designate the sanctuary when you prepare the spell, and it must be a very familiar place. The actual point of arrival is a designated area no larger than 10 feet by 10 feet. You can be transported any distance within a plane but cannot travel between planes. You can transport, in addition to yourself, any objects you carry, as long as their weight doesn’t exceed your maximum load. You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load) or its equivalent per three caster levels. A Large creature counts as two Medium creatures, a Huge creature counts as two Large creatures, and so forth. All creatures to be transported must be in contact with one another, and at least one of those creatures must be in contact with you. Exceeding this limit causes the spell to fail.

An unwilling creature can’t be teleported by word of recall. Likewise, a creature’s Will save (or spell resistance) prevents items in its possession from being teleported. Unattended, nonmagical objects receive no saving throw.

Hw awesome would it be to WoR a Mob somewhere? lol.....

shadowowl
02-11-2014, 04:36 PM
it adds role play depth as I said it's not a game changer just npc changes very simple. but yes being able to set your own word of recall point would be nice and better then nothing. great games are forged with details to overlook them breeds mediocrity. some of the best quests in the game are the best because of the details.
regardless if a large potion of the people that play don't seem to read dialogs just hack/slash zerg some of us play this game because of the details rather then playing something else. adding more depth in terms of roleplay makes the game better for those of us that enjoy that aspect without changing it for anyone else.
you could even just take the scrolls out of the game and make it just the spell for each type of divine. if that saves dev's work... I doubt very many people use the word of recall scrolls anyway most will use teleport if they have umd not word of recall. i'm not sure i've ever used the scrolls or know anyone that does.

The_Human_Cypher
02-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Neverwinter online requires that new characters choose a patron deity when created. Characters can then invoke their patron deity for rewards during the game. As I mentioned in a previous thread on the 'Suggestions' forum, DDO could make patron deities a larger part of the game instead of limiting them to a few character feats and enhancements.

PsychoBlonde
02-11-2014, 05:59 PM
O.O

Word of recall scrolls bring you back to your Bind point without the death. (Ideally, We should be able to set our own independent word of recall bind point, but I'll take what we can get first)

This is actually a really cool idea.