PDA

View Full Version : DDO Hide & Seek - win Turbine Points

ecgric
02-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Find Ecgric in Stormreach and you could win 500 Turbine Points.

I have 5 codes to give away worth 500 Turbine Points each.

Location: Throughout public areas of Stormreach (always in instance 1)
Date: 22-Feb-2014
Time: 4:00 PM
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Server: Orien
Details:
To participate, you must /joinchannel FindEcgric. Clues will be provided during the event. These will be hints about locations in Stormreach & items found in the game. I will be hiding somewhere in a public area of Stormreach (always in instance 1). I will provide some clues as to where I am located & what you must trade to me. Don't worry, these will be simple to find items that are very inexpensive, mostly collectibles. Be the first to locate me, open a trade window & provide me with the item indicated by the clue to win. I will change to a new character after each code is given out. A list of characters is provided below.
As a bonus to anyone who also plays LOTRO, I will giving away 3 codes for a free in-game title, "The Well Met". These will be given to the first 3 people that find me & request them.
Limit one Turbine Point code per character.
This is open to all players, regardless of having a Free, Premium or VIP account. The event will last until all 5 codes are given out.

--Characters (not necessarily in order of appearance)
EcgricArrow
EcgricNight
EcgricZen
EcgricPoet
EcgricSpirit

Have fun & see you in game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all those that participated. I saw 32 people in the channel at the end. The event lasted about 30 minutes.

Congratulations to Stealthforce, Desonde, Rezlez, Lindsie & Grigio. They each won a code for 500 Turbine Points.

The locations & Items were as follows:
House Kundarak, Under the ramp behind the teleporter. Amber Vial.
The Bogwater Tavern, Behind the stage. Sweet Whitecap.
The Inspired Quarter, Terrace above the Dar Qat Trade Mission. String of Prayer Beads.
House Deneith, Roof above The Hammersmith's Inn. Blade of the Dark Six.
The Lower Necropolis, Behind the stone wall in the northwest corner. Funerary Token.

Cordovan
02-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Good luck this weekend!

Loromir
02-21-2014, 11:00 AM
And the 64 million dollar question...which server?

Uska
02-21-2014, 11:00 AM
What a super cool thing to do.

Loromir
02-21-2014, 11:01 AM
And the 64 million dollar question...which server?

Dur Dur...orien.

Untitled
02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Good luck everyone! I am glad people in the community still go out of their way to run these kind of events! Have you always had characters on Orien ecgric?

ecgric
02-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Good luck everyone! I am glad people in the community still go out of their way to run these kind of events! Have you always had characters on Orien ecgric?

I started on Orien, but tried some other servers for a couple of years. I'm now back on Orien and plan to stay.

ecgric
02-21-2014, 04:19 PM
BTW: Even those people not on Orien regularly are welcome to join for this. All my hiding locations can be accessed by a level 1 character & all the items that I am asking for can be found in low level quests. Roll up a new character if you have to & come join us.

Ghwyn
02-21-2014, 06:26 PM
This sounds like fun. If I am free by then, I will roll up a new toon and join the hunt.

Biggles216
02-22-2014, 08:25 AM
Considering I am currently on Orien grinding favor so I can get a few hundred more TPs to buy Sentinels (which is 20% off right now) - I am IN! :-D

Nyrvjjn
02-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Why don't you start it?

Erofen
02-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Why don't you start it?
It is not for another 4.5 hours... patience.

Nyrvjjn
02-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Bad joke? Only two members at channel... I guess I'm idiot cose I believe it \=

Krelar
02-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Bad joke? Only two members at channel... I guess I'm idiot cose I believe it \=

You need to check your time zone conversion again... (you're way early)

Nyrvjjn
02-22-2014, 11:04 AM

It says Standart Time Zone. It's 5:05 now or not?

Nyrvjjn
02-22-2014, 11:23 AM

I'm sorry about it guys now I just see it's EST time zone it means -5 gmt I've got wrong, please forgive me

Krelar
02-22-2014, 11:23 AM
It says Standart Time Zone. It's 5:05 now or not?

Eastern Standard time is currently 12:23PM so about 3.5 hours till the event still

LeoLionxxx
02-22-2014, 11:24 AM
My dream last night involved this - sort of - except it people at my school, being run by my science/math teacher, and we had to find stuff like transformers in our city o_0

And so on that note, my sister and I look forward to this event!!!

masterzzan
02-22-2014, 03:38 PM
ty Ecgric for a lot of fun.i really appreciate your move to lighten up playing this game.
i Played StealthForce the 1st round winner.
cya all on other events.

ecgric
02-22-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it Masterzzan. It was fun for me as well.

Acrisius
02-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Many thanks to both Ecgric for organizing the event, and to Cordovan for providing the prizes. I especially like the combination of requiring a specific item (with a little trivia) along with the hunt!

Can't wait for the next event! (maybe my luck will improve...)

DefecTalisman
02-22-2014, 08:33 PM
The contest was a good idea. It felt very fixed though. Why not get the 5 winners together for a screen shot or would this be to hard as it appears they might all be the same account ?

ecgric
02-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Many thanks to both Ecgric for organizing the event, and to Cordovan for providing the prizes. I especially like the combination of requiring a specific item (with a little trivia) along with the hunt!

Can't wait for the next event! (maybe my luck will improve...)

Acrisius,
I'm glad you enjoyed the event. This was the first DDO event I ever hosted and I learned a lot in doing it. I would like to host more, but I'm not sure when. This one came about because Jerry gave me the some point codes & I wanted to share them. I'll have to think of some ideas for future events.

ecgric
02-23-2014, 06:42 PM
The contest was a good idea. It felt very fixed though. Why not get the 5 winners together for a screen shot or would this be to hard as it appears they might all be the same account ?

DefecTalisman,
I'm sorry, I didn't think to ask the winners to stay for a screen shot afterwards. That would have been nice. I'll have to remember to do that if I host another event. As you point out, it is possible that more than one character could have been from the same account. I don't know of a way to determine what characters belong to an account, that is why I limited this to one per character.