PDA

View Full Version : Log In Issues: February 5th - UPDATE 2:15 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Cordovan
02-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Log in issues have been resolved. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

kblazer683
02-05-2014, 12:10 PM
It is not just DDO players who cannot play. LOTRO login has the same problem.

Cordovan
02-05-2014, 12:13 PM
It is not just DDO players who cannot play. LOTRO login has the same problem.

Yes.

ranthrock
02-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Can I get a matched pair of black-stripe pseudodragons to help me thaw out the connection on my end?

Gerganto
02-05-2014, 12:16 PM
We are currently investigating log in issues at this time, and will keep you updated.

Yes.

So it's not just me? I did what the support link said for the 0x80004005 error and did flushdns and made sure firewall was all good, which it is. I'll keep watching.

Hiponic
02-05-2014, 12:17 PM
allong with this error message.. Phone support is down as well? Its 12PM Central.. I know there open..
Really wouldnt mind If i wasnt bidding on Intricate Field Optics with the +8 Int rite now lol

Robai
02-05-2014, 12:19 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/11904ud.jpg

Gerganto
allong with this error message.. Phone support is down as well? Its 12PM Central.. I know there open

Could this maybe be related to the weather problems that seem to be plaguing the upper part of the US this season?

butlerfamilywa
I've been experiencing the problem since a few past 9 AM, PST (12 Noon, Game Time).... if that helps O.o

And I also could use a pretty pseudodragon companion pet as comfort for having to deal with the anxiety of real life instead of hiding away in Dungeons and Dragons Online.... O.o Was hoping to turn my monk into a useful character again.

Pout.

Oh!! Can we please get some better BladeForged armor kits? Please?? (teehee)

Gerganto
02-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Hell, I'd be happy if my gold seal hirelings would stop disappearing.. I've lost 2 this month and about 12 last month, with a bug submitted and no answer or replacement.. *salty face*

I've been experiencing the problem since a few past 9 AM, PST (12 Noon, Game Time).... if that helps O.o

And I also could use a pretty pseudodragon companion pet as comfort for having to deal with the anxiety of real life instead of hiding away in Dungeons and Dragons Online.... O.o Was hoping to turn my monk into a useful character again.

Pout.

Oh!! Can we please get some better BladeForged armor kits? Please?? (teehee)

kanordog
02-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Could this maybe be related to the weather problems that seem to be plaguing the upper part of the US this season?

Certainly.

trogdorn
02-05-2014, 12:23 PM
We are currently investigating log in issues at this time, and will keep you updated.

So its not just me ? the servers are down ? they should update on log in screen the worlds are down.

Gerganto
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Just as a side note, I havent seen a server reboot in a while. Might be time for one?

So its not just me ? the servers are down ? they should update on log in screen the worlds are down.

butlerfamilywa
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM

The Game World Servers are up. The Log-In Servers are down.

jalont
02-05-2014, 12:25 PM

The worlds may not be down. Just the log in server. People are likely playing right now until they log out.

butlerfamilywa
And they just updated the launcher ^_^

Hiponic

Im kinding thinking its weather related ... But still this is just horrible.. Especially when you KNOW a auction you been bidding on for 2 days is about to end....

Forget the companion Yall just slide me the Optic's and Ill forgive turbine this time.....

Dexraven
02-05-2014, 12:26 PM

Servers arn't down, login is down, got guildies online now.

And they have updated the login screen

Sthax
02-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Theory building it is.......

hopefully it'll be resolved shortly.

Gerganto
02-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I might be dating myself here, but I remember when I played Star Wars Galaxies online, and whenever they were going to reboot the servers, a note would pop up in chat telling everyone to get to somewhere safe to log down, and a timer would start. Usually a 5 min timer. Gave everyone the heads up, got out of quests without penalties, and made it so the server could be rebooted without waiting for players to stop. Just a nice thought for the devs if they wanna implement that to the game.

Cordovan
02-05-2014, 12:28 PM
allong with this error message.. Phone support is down as well? Its 12PM Central.. I know there open..
Really wouldnt mind If i wasnt bidding on Intricate Field Optics with the +8 Int rite now lol

Phone support is not available today due to the snowstorm hitting the area around Turbine HQ. See more information here. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435810-Phones-closed-on-2-5-14-due-to-Boston-area-snowstorm)

butlerfamilywa
02-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Phone support is not available today due to the snowstorm hitting the area around Turbine HQ. See more information here. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435810-Phones-closed-on-2-5-14-due-to-Boston-area-snowstorm)

Wish I got a day off due to snow.... ^_^ Hope they all stay warm

wolfridr2
02-05-2014, 12:30 PM

I get error message, failed to queue for server (0x80004005)

Cordovan
02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
We are continuing to investigate log in issues, and will keep you updated.

Nyata
I might be dating myself here, but I remember when I played Star Wars Galaxies online, and whenever they were going to reboot the servers, a note would pop up in chat telling everyone to get to somewhere safe to log down, [...]
errrm they do that - when things happen expectedly. this one however seems pretty unexpectedly even to Turbine.

Hiponic
I might be dating myself here, but I remember when I played Star Wars Galaxies online, and whenever they were going to reboot the servers, a note would pop up in chat telling everyone to get to somewhere safe to log down, and a timer would start. Usually a 5 min timer. Gave everyone the heads up, got out of quests without penalties, and made it so the server could be rebooted without waiting for players to stop. Just a nice thought for the devs if they wanna implement that to the game.

They do have that when a server update is happening. This isnt server this is Login

cherokee83pride

Snowstorm here in North East Ohio near Lake Erie. So I wouldn't doubt that the game is down due to the weather. Cause its cold as bawls outside and snowing so hard that you cant see 2 feet in front of you.

Gerganto
02-05-2014, 12:35 PM
They do have that when a server update is happening. This isnt server this is Login

Ok, i'm usually not logged in at 7am EST, so I never see it. But what I mean I guess is maybe they should take all the servers down for a reboot and see if that fixes the issues. Please no caning for the suggestion.

butlerfamilywa
02-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Snowstorm here in North East Ohio near Lake Erie. So I wouldn't doubt that the game is down due to the weather. Cause its cold as bawls outside and snowing so hard that there is no visability outside.

Exactly why the game worlds NEED to be up, from Turbines stand point.

Many Players in the USA are snowed in today... means many chances at sales in the ddo store.... KEEP THE WORLDS OPEN!!!! ^_^

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But just think of the amount of sales they must be losing if they are offline in a major snow storm thats covering a third of the USA.

Hiponic
02-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Ok, i'm usually not logged in at 7am EST, so I never see it. But what I mean I guess is maybe they should take all the servers down for a reboot and see if that fixes the issues. Please no caning for the suggestion.

agreed. Kick um all and reboot.. If I cant play NO ONE CAN!!!!! ;)

Gerganto
02-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Well I myself am snowed in too. But I cant log in either.
6 of one, half a dozen of the other..

Exactly why the game worlds NEED to be up, from Turbines stand point.

Many Players in the USA are snowed in today... means many chances at sales in the ddo store.... KEEP THE WORLDS OPEN!!!! ^_^

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But just think of the amount of sales they must be losing if they are offline in a major snow storm thats covering a third of the USA.

Shindoku
02-05-2014, 12:42 PM
They didn't bring down the servers for an update/restart, people can play on the servers fine. It's the login that is the problem, servers just won't allow people to connect

D-molisher
02-05-2014, 12:43 PM
I was running lordsmarch chain.
After completing the boatfun i couldnt leave the quest.
After restarting client i cant get in.

Nyata
02-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Please no caning for the suggestion.
heh. about a dozen replies to that came to my mind and none is PG ;)
anyhow, if there is a scheduled downtime, usually about an hour before they start to send red info text in chat... which I think by default shows in all chat windows... and keep repeating it at regular intervalls. however when things go wrong quick, there's no chance to give advance notice.
also... I think taking down the game servers right now might not be the best idea, untill they figured out what's actually broken. apparently the game servers are doing their job just fine, just the part that connects your account to the actual game server is not. so everyone who is still on would get kicked, and the problem is not identified anyway yet.

knightgf
02-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Cordovan, now that we're waiting for the login issues to be fixed, I have a rather interesting question to ask:

You were a player much like us at some point in time. How did you find the tolerance to put up with the many issues DDO posed on players both back then and today? When I talk about issues, I talk about things like the excess amount of bugs in the game, some of the obnoxious designs in game mechanics, loot being sub-par, issues with excess lag, various challenges in-game throwing a kick in the groin at you, exc. All too often, I find that while this game has some great potential, I find myself wanting to punch a hole in the wall at times or yelling in rage over the bad things I come across over and over and over again. I've tried giving the game several chances to prove itself because there are some things I really like about it, and while it sometimes gets better, all too often these chances are blown because of something that might have been stupid, or silly.

Feynmans_Dragon
02-05-2014, 12:51 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_xiHKCx2xo/UUZVol1GbFI/AAAAAAAAES4/MpKuv3E1oBA/s1600/tumblr_lok6qzByY41qjdpg8o1_400.jpg

Gerganto
02-05-2014, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=Nyata;5246591]heh. about a dozen replies to that came to my mind and none is PG ;)

LOL.. Ya gotta have a sense of humor. As George Carlin said, Life'll Kill Ya. :)

Xiltyn
02-05-2014, 12:55 PM
just a thought... anyone look around for ddos announcement? happened to SWTOR just about a month ago... same error message when trying to login during the attack

Nestroy
02-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Interestingly I can log on Wayfinder.

moomooprincess
02-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Please switch over to the COGENT servers.

8 36 ms 35 ms 36 ms be2000.ccr21.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.12.85]

9 35 ms 35 ms 36 ms be2004.mpd22.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.5.9]

10 44 ms 43 ms 43 ms te0-5-0-6.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.194]

11 45 ms 43 ms 44 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]

For players that want, you can do a VPN if you want to download something to your PCs. It will be a little slower, but you will be in.

The current bad line, which is Verizon DBA MCI Comunications

8 13 ms 12 ms 14 ms 0.ae10.BR3.CHI13.ALTER.NET [204.255.168.165]

9 * * * Request timed out.

10 36 ms 35 ms 38 ms 0.xe-10-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.34]

Rendron
02-05-2014, 01:00 PM
All UP again

twigzz
02-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Just dug myself out up here in the middle of the mitten... Have noodle arms now....

I can log in just fine on Sarlona here in Michigan.

Xendillian
02-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Maybe because the HQ is in Germany or something?

viktorserak
02-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Hey Cordovan,

serious question: In about two hours from now, i will have some spare time - I can either go home and try to make DDO work, or I can go finish some stuff on the other side of the city.

Without holding you responsible for anything, if you guess it wrong:

Any chance the game will be on in two hours from now?

minorpenthes
02-05-2014, 01:03 PM
...looking good, fingers crossed...

got the main screen...

In like Flynn.

Nice job.

D-molisher
02-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Nestroy TY ...
I logged onto wayfinder .. waited for char screen then closed game.
Reloaded game and got onto thelanis, pheew saved my day :)

December_Wolf
Cordovan, now that we're waiting for the login issues to be fixed, I have a rather interesting question to ask:

You were a player much like us at some point in time. How did you find the tolerance to put up with the many issues DDO posed on players both back then and today? When I talk about issues, I talk about things like the excess amount of bugs in the game, some of the obnoxious designs in game mechanics, loot being sub-par, issues with excess lag, various challenges in-game throwing a kick in the groin at you, exc. All too often, I find that while this game has some great potential, I find myself wanting to punch a hole in the wall at times or yelling in rage over the bad things I come across over and over and over again. I've tried giving the game several chances to prove itself because there are some things I really like about it, and while it sometimes gets better, all too often these chances are blown because of something that might have been stupid, or silly.

I really don't see why this game gets all the hate by people playing it so much? Perhaps you are investing too much emotion in what is supposed to be a diversion from reality and not a reality itself? I'm not trying to judge or in any way bash your opinion, but I find that in only a year and a half I have seen major overhauls to the game and overall consistent improvement.

Perhaps it is because I work in the tech field myself that I overlook a lot of general bugs and glitches as expected when a new update is rolled out, I don't know. What I do know is that every time there has been an issue (in as far as I have been around), Turbine have sought to inform and update the community in multiple ways. Some things, like the ladder bug, are frustrating but I do appreciate that if it was easy to fix it would be fixed by now. Let's be honest, there is no Turbine exec wearing a trollface.jpeg mask giggling every time someone submits a bug report about another ladder, amusing though that would be to imagine.

Downtime happens, it sucks I agree and I was looking forward to playing today but ultimately I appreciate that this issue is out of Turbine's control. I've dealt with much, much worse service from providers and have had much less information, let alone the ability to gripe on a forum about it and get a response from the developers. Considering the game is mostly F2P I think this is acceptable.

A thought experiment: would you be willing to pay more for VIP and scrap F2P if it meant better development, support and uptime? Realistically speaking, this is what it would take to improve things. It always costs more $$$.

You are spot on about the lag though. Either fix that or the zoning issues because that *does* make me want to break my foot off in my monitor.

zzipper
Aww......

Hear I sit with a broken heart.....
Paid to play,
But the Server never started .......

hope this is a weather issue and not yet another forced error

RedOrm
02-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Woot! I reached Khyber :D

Greetz,
Red Orm

butlerfamilywa
02-05-2014, 01:08 PM
and the game is up and running, wooT!

Nyata
02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
[...] When I talk about issues, I talk about things like the excess amount of bugs in the game, some of the obnoxious designs in game mechanics, loot being sub-par, issues with excess lag, various challenges in-game throwing a kick in the groin at you, exc. All too often, I find that while this game has some great potential, I find myself wanting to punch a hole in the wall at times or yelling in rage over the bad things I come across over and over and over again.

I am not the person who wanted to answer, but as things are with forums... and since I very much disagree.... here goes.
I can't say there is an access amount of bugs in the game. honestly, in a year it has happened to me 3 times that I couldn't complete some quest due to a bug. no clue how many quests I ran total, anyhow, the percentage is definitely closer to 0% than to 1%. yes, enhancements needed a lot of fixing, but it was a whole new system. and the fixes are coming steadily and quickly (from my perspective). I've played way buggier games.
as for game mechanics, the idea of any game is to aply a set of rules and work with it. *shrug* I tend to accept them as they are and try to make the best of them.
loot being sub-par? I like my loot! every once in a while I still come across an item that makes me say 'wow, awesome!'
excess lag - yeh I gotta give you that. though to be fair, I have to point out that I think a lot of my lag is home-made cause of my crappy computer.

Hiponic
02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Good job and thank you!

Cordovan
02-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Log in issues have been resolved. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

Cordovan
02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Hey Cordovan,

serious question: In about two hours from now, i will have some spare time - I can either go home and try to make DDO work, or I can go finish some stuff on the other side of the city.

Without holding you responsible for anything, if you guess it wrong:

Any chance the game will be on in two hours from now?

Yes. :)

LrdSlvrhnd
02-05-2014, 02:08 PM

...which is not something that shows up in the Dev Tracker. Hint, hint, hint?

OWilligar
02-05-2014, 04:20 PM
I still have errors with the log in not connecting

wolfridr2
02-05-2014, 09:47 PM

I am having the same error again after just being in the game a few mins ago.. 10:45pm EST.

DemonStorm333
02-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I am having the same error again after just being in the game a few mins ago.. 10:45pm EST.

same for me just got out of work tyrna log in to finish my tr and I am getting the same message

Turtlsdown
02-05-2014, 09:48 PM

Same. Still getting the could not queue error.

Culindar
02-05-2014, 09:53 PM
+1

Rhaphael
02-06-2014, 01:50 AM
It's great that the login servers work again, but any chance we get to hear what the problem was?

Grecan
02-06-2014, 05:47 AM
It's great that the login servers work again, but any chance we get to hear what the problem was?
I think it was because of a snowstorm.

Clearly, it was the Player Council's fault :D

JamnJD
02-06-2014, 10:17 AM

I had the same issue again about the same time last night, but was able to get into Sarlona on my third attempt. Something may still be a little screwbally, but haven't tried yet today. Back into real life for awhile and shoveling snow.

...J

PSU_Lion
02-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Can't get past Installing pre-reqs screen. Links to community, support and acct don't work either please help.

goatkiller
02-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Can't get past Installing pre-reqs screen. Links to community, support and acct don't work either please help.

I'm also having problems logging on to Cannith this morning (Thurs, Feb 13)

enochiancub
02-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Here is a link to an official thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/436310-Log-in-Issues-Thursday-February-13th-9-30-AM-Eastern-(-5-GMT)) posted not that long ago for you. Ta da.

katz
02-13-2014, 08:43 AM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/436310-Log-in-Issues-Thursday-February-13th-9-30-AM-Eastern-%28-5-GMT%29?p=5254207&posted=1#post5254207

AceWu
02-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Don't think the log in issue is solved...I still got stuck at "Installing Pre-Reqs" phase in 30 seconds ago...