PDA

View Full Version : Terror arrows and Phase Shifting Mobs

FAQ
02-05-2014, 10:24 AM
I am currently leveling my ranger AA. I went to do Tomb of the Shadow King the other day with a group, a quest with tons of incorporeal and phase shifting mobs.

I had left my Terror Arrows on and noticed something peculiar: whenever I hit a mob that could phase shift (be it the spiders, or specters or wraiths) with a Terror Arrow, they would paralyze with fear and immediatly phase shift. They would stay like that for about 5-6 seconds, then reappear, usually still scared. If I hit them again, they would phase shift again. Of course, after I noticed this, I "switched" to paralyzing arrows.

Since this is my first time ever playing with the AA tree, I was just wondering if this is normal and if others have experienced this too, since I have not seen any of this info on the wiki.

Thanks

bsquishwizzy
02-06-2014, 04:40 PM
I am currently leveling my ranger AA. I went to do Tomb of the Shadow King the other day with a group, a quest with tons of incorporeal and phase shifting mobs.

I had left my Terror Arrows on and noticed something peculiar: whenever I hit a mob that could phase shift (be it the spiders, or specters or wraiths) with a Terror Arrow, they would paralyze with fear and immediatly phase shift. They would stay like that for about 5-6 seconds, then reappear, usually still scared. If I hit them again, they would phase shift again. Of course, after I noticed this, I "switched" to paralyzing arrows.

Since this is my first time ever playing with the AA tree, I was just wondering if this is normal and if others have experienced this too, since I have not seen any of this info on the wiki.

Thanks

Well, if you are Fear-ed, your first defensive tactic is to phase out so that you can "escape."

My thoughts are that this would be intentional.

FestusHood
02-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Personally, i think the paralyzing and terror arrows working on undead (as well as constructs) is incredibly cheesy. When i first saw this right after the enhancement pass i assumed it was a bug, but it's never been acknowledged, so i don't know.

FAQ
02-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Well, if you are Fear-ed, your first defensive tactic is to phase out so that you can "escape."

My thoughts are that this would be intentional.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense. I just never saw anyone comment about it here or the wiki.

FAQ
02-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Personally, i think the paralyzing and terror arrows working on undead (as well as constructs) is incredibly cheesy. When i first saw this right after the enhancement pass i assumed it was a bug, but it's never been acknowledged, so i don't know.

Of course it is veeeeeeery cheesy. But I love cheese. Just bring some bread and some cold drinks and we're good to go :)

I wonder what undead are afraid of... clerics?

Constructs are easy:

Iron golem: rust monsters
Clay golem: pottery classes
Flesh golems: med students