PDA

View Full Version : Enthrallment and Fascinate

Panzermeyer
02-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Alright I am a bit confused on what the actual difference is between Enthrallment and Fascinate.

It would seem that Enthrallment just offers the -2 penalty to attack and will saves. Is there any other difference between using one or the other?

Krelar
02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Alright I am a bit confused on what the actual difference is between Enthrallment and Fascinate.

It would seem that Enthrallment just offers the -2 penalty to attack and will saves. Is there any other difference between using one or the other?

Fascinate automatically ends when the mob takes damage. Enthrallment only has a chance to end early when damaged.

MadCookieQueen
02-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Effects that stack with Fascinate (like Suggestion song) don't work with Enthrallment (that I have ever seen)

However, I prefer to use Enthrallment (even if it's initial all stop duration is shorter) because of the lingering penalties and because sometimes the blitzing maniac who cleaves like a Tasmanian devil on crack can't ruin a perfectly nice controlled group.

Panzermeyer
02-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Effects that stack with Fascinate (like Suggestion song) don't work with Enthrallment (that I have ever seen)

However, I prefer to use Enthrallment (even if it's initial all stop duration is shorter) because of the lingering penalties and because sometimes the blitzing maniac who cleaves like a Tasmanian devil on crack can't ruin a perfectly nice controlled group.

I have found that I was really using the suggestion song, so I don't think that is a major issue for me.

Do the partially functioning SS core fascinate additions work with Enthrallment?

Is the DC's for fascinate and Enthrallment the same?

MadCookieQueen
02-04-2014, 07:11 AM
I have found that I was really using the suggestion song, so I don't think that is a major issue for me.

Do the partially functioning SS core fascinate additions work with Enthrallment?

Is the DC's for fascinate and Enthrallment the same?

No. Enthrall is it's own monster.

Enthrallment: Perform check as Will save DC.

Fascinate: Will negates, DC = Perform skill + 1d20

Hendrik
02-04-2014, 09:45 AM

Arent they both the same?

Preform + d20?

Not like much can save vs a 113 or 133 Will save anyways.

Personally, I prefer Enthrall as the chance to break on damage is fantastic.

Panzermeyer
02-05-2014, 10:52 AM

Got it.

So you saying that Enthrallment there is no +d20 to it just straight perform check?

MadCookieQueen
02-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Got it.

So you saying that Enthrallment there is no +d20 to it just straight perform check?

I literally just got out of a quest to test that....and the Combat log doesn't tell me anything. I would think that a D20 is in there but I don't have the hard data to confirm.

Also if you look at your combat log after you hit fascinate...it'll list off all the other abilities that go with it.

(Combat): you hit Blackheart Warrior with Fascinate.
(Combat): you hit Error! Name_Property missing with Mesmerize Undead.
(Combat): you hit Error! Name_Property missing with Mesmerize Ooze.
(Combat): you hit Error! Name_Property missing with Mesmerize Constructs.
(Combat): you help Error! Name_Property missing with Sharp Note.

~~~~

You hit Enthrallment and all it says:

(Combat): you hit Blackheart Soothsayer with Virtuoso's Enthrallment....also let's just say that Enthrallment tool tip duration versus in-game are two different numbers ^^

So that proves that ^^

Other key notes:

Fascinate takes 5.8 seconds from the moment you click till the moment the world freezes....aka casting animation
Enthrallment takes 4.3 seconds.

If every second counts then Enthrallment is faster.

Now for other consideration...

Disco Ball...with Quicken takes 4.3 seconds from click till dance. Without Quicken it's a full 6.9 seconds! That's just nutty.

In short for mass crowd control I can't get you hard data on the saves (sorry! blame the combat log of fail) but at least you have some timings and some other info about the songs.

hope it helps.

Schmackdown
02-22-2014, 09:14 AM
I find that mobs will save now and again vs. Fascinate, but they never save vs. Enthrallment. The latter is so reliable that it's reminiscent of when Fascinate had no save.

I like that the effect lands at different times. When timing a soft-mez prep run I will use whichever is appropriate for how far away a group is in order to minimize the resultant cooldown. Fascinate is also very useful for when a little more time is needed to draw in some spread-out mobs.

I took full ranks in both Haunting Melody and Sharp Note, so I'll usually choose Fascinate over Enthrallment if any party members are in the AoE.

I'm not sure if the Haunted and Enthrallment debuffs stack.

Having them be on separate timers would be great.