PDA

View Full Version : Disabling/Minute Seeing - Where did they go?

Nayus
02-02-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm currently level 8 in my rogue and still using a +3 Disabling and +5 Minute Seeing because the AH is simply empty, needless to say I can't even find traps and I'm an elf for what +2 to search bonus matters. 14 base int.

Any help here please? :(

jalont
02-02-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm currently level 8 in my rogue and still using a +3 Disabling and +5 Minute Seeing because the AH is simply empty, needless to say I can't even find traps and I'm an elf for what +2 to search bonus matters. 14 base int.

The droprate has been lowered.

Dandonk
02-02-2014, 04:18 PM
You will take the retributive of funbane items instead, and you... will... LIKE them!

oradafu
02-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Since the loot fiasco that made 75% of weapons Ghostbane, the tables for loot have been royally messed up. They have been fixed a bit, but it's still really bad.

As you've discovered, items with Trapper skills dropping have become pretty scarce. You could turn to Cannith Crafting.Unfortunately that only goes up to +13 for skills so there's a bit of gap for players around level 13 and 18. At 18, the fairly Tinker items from House C can help some with the +5 enhanced skills, unless you got the raid gear Ventilated Bracers that give a +3 DD and OL.

Augment slots should have been another option for boosting skills, but they got coded stupidly so that +15 skill stats are a level 28 Augment, which makes them completely useless at that level. That +15 skill stats on Augments shouldn't be higher than a level 16 Augment. And Enhanced skill stat Augments should have been filling out the Epic level Augments.

But what can you say, the Devs were really lazy when coding the Augments and updating Cannith crafting for players.

Thalone
02-02-2014, 04:46 PM
You can ask in trade channels in your server for help. Up to unbound +13 skill shards can be Cannith-crafted.

EllisDee37
02-02-2014, 05:00 PM
If you're searching for goggles or rings, search all equipment. I keep pulling a ton of trapper boots, oddly enough. I'll generally toss any "clean" item with stats, resistance, or trapping skills on the ah for 3k buyout just to make a little profit while giving newer players/non-crafters a hand in gearing. Most of the trap gear I post is boots.

Grace_ana
02-03-2014, 04:22 PM
What server are you on? If you're on Khyber i can send you some shards.

April_Kinslayer
02-06-2014, 08:25 AM
The drop rate on those items has definitely become pretty rare. They do pop up for slots they didn't before (boots come to mind). I try and carry a level-appropriate +search and +disable item on me regardless of the class I'm playing (or an extra set when running on a trapper build) and offer them to the trapper if he/she is having trouble finding/disarming due to inferior gear. I also carry extra +5 lockpicks for the same reason. I definitely noticed the rarity of those items on the AH.

JOTMON
02-06-2014, 08:32 AM

Cannith crafting. FTW.

Get your crafting level up or ask in general/trade channels and craft them.
The random drop stuff has been diluted with lots of garbage combinations so clean Search/Disable items are getting harder to come by.

Post your toon name and server, I am sure someone here will send you more than you could ever need.

ValariusK
02-06-2014, 11:17 AM
What I've done for my trapper (ranger-18/rogue-1/fighter-1, epic-5 now) is this:
early on I used crafted goggle, 3 sets (disabling, spot, search). My goggle slot is my utility slot, I also made goggles of haggling, underwater action, etc. This unfortunately entailed a lot of swapping.
Later on, I got goggles of perception from Tempest's Spine. That cut the swapping way down.
Also later on I got a spare hand from Cannith Challenges, that covers disable/open locks. I still have to swap that in and out but it's my only swap most of the time now (belt slot).
A lot of crafters will be happy to make you such a set of goggles if you supply the greater essences. If you have flexibility on the minimum levels, you can also use goggle blanks with augment slots on them so as to give you more functionality.

Seikojin
02-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Most crafters on Sarlona have been quiet (I think because they don't have levels in it), but the few that have opened up were happy to make something useful.

I think if you max your skill, have some synergies, and a +10 item, you shouldn't be failing too much in heroic elites at level.

toaftoaf
02-06-2014, 12:23 PM
i miss finding lv 11 or 13 +15 trapper goggles. it's a shame they FUBARed so bad.. we have to remember they are the caretkers not the great master mindsthat made this game

Nandos
02-19-2014, 04:01 AM
The other thing to do that no one has mentioned is to reset your enhancement tree and buy the +3 search box and +3 disable box and the +6 skill boost box in the Mechanic tree. This gives you an immediate +9 to your skills while skill boost is running. I was in the same boat as the original poster with bad gear on a new server, but was able to do all the traps on elite quests above my level with this combo.

A lot of players seem to act like the enhancement tree is permanent, but for a modest amount of coins, you can reset your tree once again after you are fully geared up.

kearpe
02-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Cannith Challenges can give you:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Spare_Hand

Div Questing:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Beholder_Optic_Nerves
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Muffled_Veneer
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Snakeskin_Vest

cronusdeathspell
02-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Do we know if this is ever going to be fixed?

I am very, very sick of telling people that yes, I'm a rogue, but no, I can't do traps.
No I'm not gimp.
Yes I maxxed my skills and carry heroism/greater heroism.
I just have search/disable equipment from 10 levels ago because they don't drop anymore.

Why am I playing a rogue in a game that penalizes rogues by NOT DROPPING REQUIRED CLASS EQUIPMENT?

All my rogue splashes are useless now too.

Oh I get it now.

You wanted me to splash MONK on all my characters.