PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Ingredients Overhaul

Talon_Moonshadow
01-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Can we get some kind of crafting ingredients overhaul? Please....

I like all of the different types of crafting, but there are waaaaaaayyyyy too many ingredients to collect, store...etc..

This needs simplifying.

Ideally, I should be able to do any quest and have a chance to get some useful ingredients for any type of crafting.
And I should only need one ingredients bag, and the number of total ingredients in the game should be a manageable one.

The more types of crafting you add to the game, the more messed up this becomes and the harder it will be to fix in the future.

Seikojin
01-30-2014, 04:16 PM
For what it covers, the system is fairly simple. I just wish you could transmute more than 1 large into 5 lesser in a single click. O.o Let me do 100 for 500.

Talon_Moonshadow
01-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Perhaps I should've used different wording.

I am talking about Cannith, Green steel, challenge, alchemical.....a bunch of upgrade able stuff...and soon to be another added.

Lanhelin
01-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Rather than decreasing the amount of Ingredients, there should be a system to convert ingredients to other types. Say 3 of each ingredient w and x and y combined in a Stone of Change results in item z. It should be like the order within Collectables: Mostly there are three Tiers of Collectables. Why is it not possible to eg. convert 10 T1 Collectibles along with 5x of two other Collectibles to one T2 Collectible, and so on? The same should be valid for Crafting Ingredients. There's just some sort of order needed. Then there wouldn't be the dungeons and drops to have to be changed, but just introducing some sort of Ingredient Transforming System. New crafting systems with new ingredients is an easy task as lammania forums show, so another new crafting system to simplify existing ones would be no problem I guess.

Talon_Moonshadow
02-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Rather than decreasing the amount of Ingredients, there should be a system to convert ingredients to other types. Say 3 of each ingredient w and x and y combined in a Stone of Change results in item z. It should be like the order within Collectables: Mostly there are three Tiers of Collectables. Why is it not possible to eg. convert 10 T1 Collectibles along with 5x of two other Collectibles to one T2 Collectible, and so on? The same should be valid for Crafting Ingredients. There's just some sort of order needed. Then there wouldn't be the dungeons and drops to have to be changed, but just introducing some sort of Ingredient Transforming System. New crafting systems with new ingredients is an easy task as lammania forums show, so another new crafting system to simplify existing ones would be no problem I guess.

That sounds easier to do.

Good idea.

FestusHood
02-02-2014, 10:50 AM
I think the main reason there are so many different ingredients is because they sort of force you to buy the pack associated with that type of crafting. If they were to consolidate the ingredients into one specific type, they would have to make sure the only place the actual crafting could take place would be with those associated packs. Or institute something along the lines of the power shards you find in shroud, so that at least one of the ingredients required owning the pack to get hold of. Yes, i know it's possible to get shards in devil assault, but they are pretty rare in there compared to shroud.

For whatever reason, i don't have the problem with this that many other people seem to. I've dedicated one large bag to be communal. It holds all my shroud stuff, all my challenge ingredients (and i have at least some of all of them), lordsmarch marks, madness chain bits, tor scales, gianthold relics, epic tokens, and probably a couple other things i can't think of. I keep this bag in my shared bank, and try to remember to grab it with any character that is likely to get some of those ingredients in whatever they are doing.

Other than the shared bag, each of my toons carries exactly one large green bag (capacity 80), with the exception of my crafter, who has 2. That seems to pretty much hold every ingredient i have ever collected.

So i wouldn't actually be against the idea of them doing something along the lines of what you are talking about, but it's not a personal priority to me, though i know it is for some people.