PDA

View Full Version : Lamannia is Online - Second Look at Update 21

KookieKobold
01-30-2014, 02:07 PM
We've brought Lamannia back online.

This weekend's focus will be on the new Divine Epic Destiny, Divine Crusader.

Squeak will be updating the release notes and known issues shortly!

We'll announce some events where Devs will be online throughout the weekend in the near future. Keep your eyes on this thread for that announcement!

***Please note that there is currently a bug where if you have already capped out the other two divine destinies you will only be able to unlock the Divine Crusader if you use the Key of Destiny. These can be found on the DDO store or from Devs who may be online.

******Update about Dev Events******

During the following times, Kookie (and maybe others) will be online!

Friday Jan 31st from 8pm to 10pm EST
Saturday Feb 1st from 10am to noon EST

(both times Eastern, GMT-5)

Permian
01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks, updating client now.

SqueakofDoom
01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Release Notes ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-1-30-2014%29?p=4503430#post4503430') and Known Issues ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376772-Lamannia-Known-Issues-%28Last-Updated-1-30-2014%29?p=4503425#post4503425') have been updated!

A Survey for the Divine Crusader ('https://d12.parature.com/ics/survey/survey.asp?type=web&deptID=24037&surveyID=321') is also available.

danotmano1998
01-30-2014, 02:13 PM
NEW: The XP bonus found on Experience Elixirs, VIP bonuses, Guild Airship amenities and items now also increases the Commendation of Valor return found in End Reward lists.

I'm curious about this.. Is it a % increase straight across the board?
What about the xp tomes? Are these part of the formula as well?

stoopid_cowboy
01-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Is the Character Copy fixed?

If not, I have no interest...

yuda

Krelar
01-30-2014, 02:17 PM

I'm wondering when the bonus gets applied.
My initial thought it probably not until you actually view the reward list for the first time.
If so then the best commendation farming technique is going to be running a bunch of quests. Drinking a pot, then collecting all the rewards?

Dandonk
01-30-2014, 02:20 PM

It sounds promising (not enough for my taste, but better), but these details would be lovely to have.

danotmano1998
01-30-2014, 02:29 PM
NEW: Restored general Tactical combat boosts to Quivering Palm (but not Sundering effects specifically).

This should take some of the sting out of the latest nerf.. I'd say good call Turbine.

•Battleragers do not return damage yet

Battleragers?!?!? My inner geek rejoices. Seriously. Pwent FTW!

dejafu
01-30-2014, 02:32 PM
NEW: Restored general Tactical combat boosts to Quivering Palm (but not Sundering effects specifically).

This seems like a reasonable compromise. Thank you.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 02:36 PM

Remove the stacking +4 on a fail. Leaving that in there is actually a buff to QP.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 02:37 PM
WGU end-fight got nerfed? Interesting . . .

Qhualor
01-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Very clever on the increased Comm returns with xp bonuses. A little profit for Turbine and another incentive to go VIP.

Have to hear from the forum monk experts, but glad to see QP has been unnerfed.

dejafu
01-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Remove the stacking +4 on a fail. Leaving that in there is actually a buff to QP.

It takes 3 fails for that effect to equal what's being lost with Sundering. Plus it resets to +0 on each success.

Like I said, seems like a reasonable compromise.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Have to hear from the forum monk experts, but glad to see QP has been buffed

FTFY

Sigh Turbine . . . your monk love is so strong that in attempting to nerf something you actually buff it.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 02:42 PM
It takes 3 fails for that effect to equal what's being lost with Sundering. Plus it resets to +0 on each success.

Like I said, seems like a reasonable compromise.

Without the direct Sunder bonuses you'll still see DCs close or equal to a maxed PM.

The only place that won't land reliably is EE storm horns, you weren't landing stuff there before, now it'll eventually land in the hardest content in the game.

it's a buff.

dejafu
01-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Without the direct Sunder bonuses you'll still see DCs close or equal to a maxed PM.

The only place that won't land reliably is EE storm horns, you weren't landing stuff there before, now it'll eventually land in the hardest content in the game.

it's a buff.

Then how about this: add the same effect to spell dc's.

Because I honestly like that mechanic quite a bit - it encourages people to risk the ki/sp/whatever, while still allowing for difficult saving throws on enemies.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 02:47 PM

No. The last thing this game needs is more dumb power-creep.

The first thing it needs is more nerfing of monks.

dejafu
01-30-2014, 02:47 PM
No.

Why not?

danotmano1998
01-30-2014, 02:48 PM
•The challenge ingredient costs for Crafting Satchels have been adjusted

This from the known issues...
What's a crafting satchel?

EDIT. Nevermind, I found it. Never even knew these existed.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Why not?

I edited too slow.

Andoris
01-30-2014, 02:52 PM
FTFY

Sigh Turbine . . . your monk love is so strong that in attempting to nerf something you actually buff it.

I have to agree here.. if you are going to fix it by removing just the sundering items, fine (however, I still think that leaves the DC a bit too high) -- but then get rid of the +4 stacking bonus on fails.

Monks already have a number of tools to bring the saves down on a mob if they have difficulty getting QP to land.

dejafu
01-30-2014, 02:53 PM
No. The last thing this game needs is more dumb power-creep.

The first thing it needs is more nerfing of monks.

Rather than power creep, I'd argue an effect like that could significantly slow down power creep.

It lets the devs set high saves on epic elite mobs without making them effectively immune to anything involving a saving throw.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Rather than power creep, I'd argue an effect like that could significantly slow down power creep.

and you'd be wrong.

It lets the devs set high saves on epic elite mobs without making them effectively immune to anything involving a saving throw.

They've already don't that. Hello? Storm horns?

This is as dumb as that Haunting garbage they were discussing during the first wail nerf.

Levonestral
01-30-2014, 02:56 PM
NEW: Intolerant Blows has been reworked: "Expend one use of Smite Evil: For 60 seconds you gain +200% Sacred bonus to threat generation and deal +1[W] damage."

Was this intended to not stack with Divine Righteousness (which is 100% sacred to hate for 60 seconds) ? Kind of takes away from the value of Intolerant Blows for Paladin's.

dejafu
01-30-2014, 03:01 PM
and you'd be wrong.

They've already don't that. Hello? Storm horns?

This is as dumb as that Haunting garbage they were discussing during the first wail nerf.

Dude, step away from the monk hate for a moment and try to think about this as a mechanic that can solve a lot of problems with a lot of this game's content.

As things currently stand on live, you've mostly got content where either instakills work all the time or never. The QP thing just created an imbalance between two instakill types, but nerfing it (or buffing it, or whatever to it) doesn't address the bigger issue.

If you have a mechanic that guarantees eventual success, it means the devs can set the bar at exactly the point where you can normally succeed half the time with moderately good gear. Poor gear 25% of the time, great gear 75% (roughly, obviously). Instakills can fail, but still be useful. Which is how they are supposed to work, that's the entire idea of a save-based system.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Dude, step away from the monk hate for a moment and try to think about this as a mechanic that can solve a lot of problems with a lot of this game's content.

Step away from the monk hate? That's like asking me to pretend to love halflings. Who are you talking to?

As things currently stand on live, you've mostly got content where either instakills work all the time or never. The QP thing just created an imbalance between two instakill types, but nerfing it (or buffing it, or whatever to it) doesn't address the bigger issue.

If you have a mechanic that guarantees eventual success, it means the devs can set the bar at exactly the point where you can normally succeed half the time with moderately good gear. Poor gear 25% of the time, great gear 75% (roughly, obviously). Instakills can fail, but still be useful. Which is how they are supposed to work, that's the entire idea of a save-based system.

No. All it'll do is have the devs make saves even stupidly higher for the purpose of "balance." Like what's happened every friggin time! :)

If I believed for one second that isn't what would happen I might support your way of thinking.

redspecter23
01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Was this intended to not stack with Divine Righteousness (which is 100% sacred to hate for 60 seconds) ? Kind of takes away from the value of Intolerant Blows for Paladin's.

Regardless of the threat situation which is unfortunate if it doesn't stack and was never meant to, the uptime on this is quite good now. With smites regenerating every 2 minutes I think, you can have this up for most of a quest, basically giving you +1[w] nearly all the time. The downside, which is the same downside as all paladin boosts, is the micromanagement involved. 2 minutes here, 1 minute there, 3 minutes there. You'll be watching your buff bar closely to keep all of them up.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
I have to say one thing though . . . I have a toon who I'm not sure what to do with because it was too much like another one I have.

Now . . . Monk, no-brainer.

stricq
01-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Is the Character Copy fixed?

If not, I have no interest...

yuda

This.

dejafu
01-30-2014, 03:12 PM
No. All it'll do is have the devs make saves even stupidly higher for the purpose of "balance." Like what's happened every friggin time! :)

If I believed for one second that isn't what would happen I might support your way of thinking.

I do believe that's the closest I've ever gotten to an "okay, you may have a point" from you.

I'm flattered.

Icywave
01-30-2014, 03:12 PM

No way!

And yes, I am saying that despite being an Evoc Sorc.

miss.pumpkin
01-30-2014, 03:15 PM
When will you guys fix the Character Copy? :)

Icywave
01-30-2014, 03:24 PM
supposed[/I] to work, that's the entire idea of a save-based system.

No mechanic should guarantee eventual success...

You achieve it by Gear, Enhancements, Feats, Epic Destinies, Past lives, Spell buffs/debuffs, Potions, etc....

If you still can't do it despite having all that done... the problem lies on Turbine's side with the DC settings of those specific encounters

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 03:27 PM
No mechanic should guarantee eventual success...

You achieve it by Gear, Enhancements, Feats, Epic Destinies, Past lives, Spell buffs/debuffs, Potions, etc....

If you still can't do it despite having all that done... the problem lies on Turbine's side with the DC settings of those specific encounters

Especially since the DC range, talking about casters, between a maxed toon and somebody who put in a little effort is like 4 DCs?

Kanuk
01-30-2014, 03:29 PM

I'm wondering when the bonus gets applied.
My initial thought it probably not until you actually view the reward list for the first time.
If so then the best commendation farming technique is going to be running a bunch of quests. Drinking a pot, then collecting all the rewards?

Just ran Outbreak epic normal with a greater tome of epic learning and got 13 Cov (normally is 12 i think) so 10% got me one more. Does not seem the 25% 1st time bonus counted. Note that i check turn in amount which was 13, closed window and drank a 50% xp pot, checked again and was still 13.

Ran Overgrowth on EN and got 19 CoV.

Bravo turbine to making XP bonus valuable again!

Icywave
01-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Especially since the DC range, talking about casters, between a maxed toon and somebody who put in a little effort is like 4 DCs?

4 DC From Past lives, yes.

Perhaps we could argue a 1 DC point from CHA cuz of 36 pt build instead of 28...but I doubt someone would make the sacrifice in their main stat..

little effort would include Draconic, Magister, Favor for Yugo Pots and getting some items.

So 4-5 DC seems right to me... when comparing " Max'ed " Vs " an honest effort "

Meat-Head
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure I like the change to Intolerant.

1. Sacred won't stack with Divine Righteousness
2. People who tanked really NEEDED that huge bonus to maintain aggro over crazy dps toons. The +1w won't make up the difference.

BTW: Non-like amount threat gear is NOT stacking atm. That's another problem.

Changes to COMS was perfect. Nice touch for VIP as well.

THANK YOU for being more reasonable on QP.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 03:35 PM
4 DC From Past lives, yes.

Perhaps we could argue a 1 DC point from CHA cuz of 36 pt build instead of 28...but I doubt someone would make the sacrifice in their main stat..

little effort would include Draconic, Magister, Favor for Yugo Pots and getting some items.

So 4-5 DC seems right to me... when comparing " Max'ed " Vs " an honest effort "

I'm talking necro. Only things that a maxed guy gets over a little effort is . ..

- Wizzy PL (okay, I feel stupid for saying this as it's NOT hard to get)
- Litany is hard to get, all other INT items are AH purchasable
- +5 tomes (in the store, but yeah they are a rare drop).
- Completionist is a pain to get

everything else is just feats and stuff. The range isn't that large, no need for a stacking +4 on anything.

Ditch it for QP, don't give to casters.

Icywave
01-30-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm talking necro. Only things that a maxed guy gets over a little effort is . ..

- Wizzy PL (okay, I feel stupid for saying this as it's NOT hard to get)
- Litany is hard to get, all other INT items are AH purchasable
- +5 tomes (in the store, but yeah they are a rare drop).
- Completionist is a pain to get

everything else is just feats and stuff. The range isn't that large, no need for a stacking +4 on anything.

Ditch it for QP, don't give to casters.

Oupsy... I answered regarding Evoc Casters...

Either way, pretty similar. Ya, forgot Completionist, but often, you end up running out of Feats to use all those DC boosts anyway.

So yeah, I don't want some +X DC per fail mechanic.

Permian
01-30-2014, 03:42 PM
WGU end-fight got nerfed? Interesting . . .

LOL why??? It wasn't hard to begin with on EE.

danotmano1998
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Just ran Outbreak epic normal with a greater tome of epic learning and got 13 Cov (normally is 12 i think) so 10% got me one more. Does not seem the 25% 1st time bonus counted. Note that i check turn in amount which was 13, closed window and drank a 50% xp pot, checked again and was still 13.

Thanks for posting.. I wonder if that 13 would have been more if you had drank it before you first clicked on the reward window.
I'd be willing to wager that reward, once generated, stays exactly the same otherwise you would have people just re-clicking the quest rewards window until they got the rewards they wanted.

slarden
01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
I like the change that incorporates xp bonuses into the coms received. One thing that was not on the list is tomes of learning.

Dandonk
01-30-2014, 04:07 PM
I like the change that incorporates xp bonuses into the coms received. One thing that was not on the list is tomes of learning.

This would be a nice change, since it's an XP bonus exactly like the others. Probably shouldn't give the first time bonus, but the repeat bonus sounds reasonable to me.

Jasparion
01-30-2014, 04:09 PM
This would be a nice change, since it's an XP bonus exactly like the others. Probably shouldn't give the first time bonus, but the repeat bonus sounds reasonable to me.

Of course 1st time bonus and all other bonuses should count. There is simply no other way you can get 4,200 Comms running 20 to 28 on EH in a single life.

I wouldnt be surprised if this change hits live and the only buffs which count are VIP bonus and store bought XP pot bonuses.

Dandonk
01-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Of course 1st time bonus and all other bonuses should count. There is simply no other way you can get 4,200 Comms running 20 to 28 on EH in a single life.

I wouldnt be surprised if this change hits live and the only buffs which count are VIP bonus and store bought XP pot bonuses.

Tome of Learning does not add straight to the entire amount of xp gained, but only as a percentage of the base xp of the quest. So 10% from a Tome is not like the 10% VIP bonus. I think, in that light, adding the repeat bonus for tomes is reasonable.

As for this being enough - I agree, it won't be. But I don't think adding the full bonus to the Tome is the way to go, to make one purchase count for so much. I'd rather see comms added for optionals/explorers/rares/challenges/other stuff, so people have a better choice of what and how to run. Rather than the very limited options we have as regards to comms atm.

I have no idea whether this is coming, or even on the table, but I think that would be better than to add a huge bonus to a single item.

Mahalko128
01-30-2014, 04:19 PM

I'm not sure I like the change to Intolerant.

1. Sacred won't stack with Divine Righteousness
2. People who tanked really NEEDED that huge bonus to maintain aggro over crazy dps toons. The +1w won't make up the difference.

BTW: Non-like amount threat gear is NOT stacking atm. That's another problem.

Changes to COMS was perfect. Nice touch for VIP as well.

THANK YOU for being more reasonable on QP.

I'm not sure if you guys realized this, but Intolerant Blows has always been a sacred bonus to threat generation. Though I must say, I agree that the 200% would make this skill nearly useless since it is the real only way to take the aggro from the DPS toons. Like the increased amount of time, but that doesn't make up for it by a long shot.

Portalcat
01-30-2014, 04:41 PM
The changes to WGU seem misguided to me.

On one hand, part of what makes this quest great is specifically the fact that's tough as nails and only the EE regulars reliably beat on EE (with many deaths in the process). No other quests are particularly challenging at cap in the current game.

On the other hand, these nerfs seem to have a poor grasp of how people beat this quest right now. Where's the fix for the fact that you leave the drawbridge up, walk up the chain onto the glacier, grab aggro, kite everything to the bridge and fireball it to death behind a wall? If you're going to rebalance the end fight, where is the recognition that people are using the terrain features by and large to trivialize it?

nibel
01-30-2014, 04:47 PM

It works until the modifier goes higher than the dice being used. That is D&D Optimization 101.

Eg, if you have an AC value ranging from 10 to 30, the d20 always work. But when it start raising to 40, 50, 80, 120... then suddenly the dice means nothing. All that matters is how much attack bonus you get to bypass it. That range can be enforced either by a hard cap (you can't go higher than this, period), like currently exists for Haggle, or never allowing the bonuses to go over the dice value (like 4e tried to do).

As long as you can stack bonus after bonus, and there is a fixed DC to beat, it is possible to raise it up to the point that is mathematically possible to get the best chances (100% UMD scroll, 95% spell DC). And the downside is that if you DO NOT stack all those bonus together, it may be possible for the DC to be in a range where it is impossible for you to succeed.

Anything with a save on EE is on that range right now. Either you stack dozen small bonuses to get your DC high enough, or your DC stuff is useless. It is the same problem AC had pre-motu.

Qhualor
01-30-2014, 04:47 PM
The changes to WGU seem misguided to me.

On one hand, part of what makes this quest great is specifically the fact that's tough as nails and only the EE regulars reliably beat on EE (with many deaths in the process). No other quests are particularly challenging at cap in the current game.

On the other hand, these nerfs seem to have a poor grasp of how people beat this quest right now. Where's the fix for the fact that you leave the drawbridge up, walk up the chain onto the glacier, grab aggro, kite everything to the bridge and fireball it to death behind a wall? If you're going to rebalance the end fight, where is the recognition that people are using the terrain features by and large to trivialize it?

good point. there have been fixes in the past when players would trivialize quests using terrain. if players are trivializing and using the terrain to beat a quest, than hopefully the devs take this into account. are players using the terrain for a cheesy finish? than the devs should make changes to the terrain. or are they using the terrain because its beyond challenge and just is too difficult to beat? than i wouldn't call it challenge and the devs need to tone down the difficulty.

Levonestral
01-30-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure if you guys realized this, but Intolerant Blows has always been a sacred bonus to threat generation. Though I must say, I agree that the 200% would make this skill nearly useless since it is the real only way to take the aggro from the DPS toons. Like the increased amount of time, but that doesn't make up for it by a long shot.

Yes, but 1000% hate gen, even though it was 12 seconds, still seemed to work better. I'm also not convinced the extra 100% over the other bonus will suffice despite being a lot longer.

I guess only time will tell, but seems a bit low considering the massive dps that can be pushed out these days in short periods of time.

Meat-Head
01-30-2014, 04:51 PM

I realized. But it was so big it didn't [usually] matter. Now it does.

Meat-Head
01-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Yes, but 1000% hate gen, even though it was 12 seconds, still seemed to work better. I'm also not convinced the extra 100% over the other bonus will suffice despite being a lot longer.

I guess only time will tell, but seems a bit low considering the massive dps that can be pushed out these days in short periods of time.

Yeah, I don't think the devs are quite on track with understanding the hate difference between a real "tank" toon (top PRR/AC) and top DPS.

It's plenty more than twice the threat. Plus, the dps toons are usually in earth stance.... With fury shotters, you HAVE to have that 1000% threat bonus to keep up unless you take forever to build up aggro.. by then the ranged will just kite it and kill it faster..

Propane
01-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Soundburst buff is nice....

I hope the Shout and Greater Shout get some love as well!

Shout - save at -2 or consider helpless 10 sec
Greater Shout - save at -4 or consider helpless 15 sec

or something...

Levonestral
01-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I don't think the devs are quite on track with understanding the hate difference between a real "tank" toon (top PRR/AC) and top DPS.

It's plenty more than twice the threat. Plus, the dps toons are usually in earth stance.... With fury shotters, you HAVE to have that 1000% threat bonus to keep up unless you take forever to build up aggro.. by then the ranged will just kite it and kill it faster..

Agreed. I get the feeling also they're not quite in touch with the extreme numbers top dps can actually obtain now. I'm hoping they will reconsider this, or by the least increase it further.

Qhualor
01-30-2014, 05:18 PM
they would have to significantly increase a "real tanks" threat over what top dpsers can achieve and also significantly increase the damage output for "real tanks" .

PsychoBlonde
01-30-2014, 05:35 PM

They took my suggestion! I'm so awesome.

Anyway, on first look the new Divine Crusader destiny looks reasonably spiffy. I have a few comments, though:

1. Do overlapping Purification effects from different sources (multiple Crusaders) stack? If not, can multiple Crusaders use their booms and get their damage properly? I ask, because Creeping Cold from multiple druids just overwrite each other instead of each doing their own damage (which is not consistent with arcane DoTs, btw). Depending on how the stacking works for Purification, it could be awesome or ****** or even OP (I'm envisioning bosses doing -100 damage from 4 crusaders stacking now, although I'm assuming that if that DID happen, it would be a bug). Logically the mobs should get only the highest stack of the debuff and the damage stuff should all be based off your PERSONAL stacks, right?

2. Transcendental Magic, while cool, feels like it was just thrown in there to stop the whining. People DO realize that if you want to DC cast you CAN twist in the DC abilities from Magister and Draconic, right? There's no REASON you have to have really poor DC's on a divine destiny. I did this on my shiradi druid and my DC is Teh Bomb--it's not like Druids get So Many DC abilities.

Overall it looks intelligently designed--the stuff that could wreck your day by pulling too much threat or aggroing stuff you didn't want to aggro is a toggle, so that's good. I very much want to know what Purifying STrike, Firebrand, and Extraordinary Virtue do, though.

Jasparion
01-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Release Notes ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-1-30-2014%29?p=4503430#post4503430') and Known Issues ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376772-Lamannia-Known-Issues-%28Last-Updated-1-30-2014%29?p=4503425#post4503425') have been updated!

A Survey for the Divine Crusader ('https://d12.parature.com/ics/survey/survey.asp?type=web&deptID=24037&surveyID=321') is also available.

I dont see the issue with Implosion targetting your own party instead of mobs on that known issues list.

Surprising since it was first mentioned months ago. I wonder if no-one has bothered submitting a bug report?

Minrothad
01-30-2014, 07:16 PM
NEW: Balance changes to the boss fight in What Goes Up:
Halved the number of orcs added in the final stage
These orcs now appear in normal mode, as well
Only one pillarless Shadovar will wander from her post at a time (note: kiting them can still result in pile-ons!)
Orc summons have replaced the Shadar-kai in the first phase
Half the Shadar-kai are now hammer-wielding Blackguards

Sigh. The endfight in WGU is pretty much the only fun endfight in non-raid quests out there, why would you nerf it? And why would you double the XP if you are actually making the quest easier?

PsychoBlonde
01-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Okay, yeah, they neglected to change the cooldown on Intolerant Blows, so now it's an ability with a 60 second duration and a 20 second cooldown. Heh.

Also, I remembered one of my other questions about Crusader: some of the abilities say they apply to "weapons" but they don't specify if this is a.) the "not handwraps" type of "weapons" or b.) melee weapons only. I'm hoping it applies to ranged weapons as well just because that might be interesting. It'd be NICE if handwraps were included but I'm not going to go insane if they aren't. But the wording should be absolutely clear whichever way it is.

The description on Ward Against Evil still says it has a 20% chance to fire, too. Not sure if the ability is still only 20%.

Texlaw1992
01-30-2014, 11:58 PM
I was very interested in the 100% proc of Ward Against Evil. Unfortunately it doesn't work - I tested it against 20 or so foes and did not see it proc once. The description also still says 20% chance to proc.

DDO Store is unavailable, so cannot purchase shears to test out Divine Crusader. Several of the abilities look like they'd make good twists.

Also, Fatespinner in Eveningstar is the only one currently working.

Nascoe
01-31-2014, 12:44 AM

Isn't that 10% just your VIP bonus then Kanuk?

Flavilandile
01-31-2014, 02:08 AM
Still no news of the character copy ?

I'm starting to wonder if the character copy is not tied to the API server....

whereispowderedsilve
01-31-2014, 02:33 AM
Still no news of the character copy ?

I'm starting to wonder if the character copy is not tied to the API server....

That's exactly what I was thinking as well, Flav! And the in game bug reporting tool not working as well for months!

And no transparent communication on the matter, as to the rationale/reasoning/WHY these things have not been fixed after so long!

Asking nicely/sincerely/politely it would be GREATLY appreciated for the Devs/management to touch base with us on again WHY there not working.

Sigh..anywhoo/anyways...

P.S. Please fix EK Wand & Scroll Mastery!

Dalsheel
01-31-2014, 04:10 AM
I have to say one thing though . . . I have a toon who I'm not sure what to do with because it was too much like another one I have.

Now . . . Monk, no-brainer.

Seriously tho, what exactly is your problem with monks? Explain please.

No nerf to monks, besides removing their ability to use bows and greatswords and moving the +1 critical multiplier from earth to fire stance.

goodspeed
01-31-2014, 05:40 AM
why not just give 10k stars as a standard feat. Course the monk would still win out. So then take away the zen archery feat that was created and the 10k stars enhancement now turned feat.

Then go into kensei and kill off the centered blade enhancement as well as require....say 10 levels of monk to twist GMOF into another tree.

I think that should about ko everything. Wait! No still got that damn handwrap animation and stunning fist lording itself over the other melee cc. So require 6 levels of monk to effectively use the fast animation of handwraps. Need some kind of reworkings in there (im sure we can break the heck outa that eh?) And that should effectivly kill off those people using handwraps while using all the other class stuff like sa, and instakills, and healing melees and all that.

Might even cripple the monk class as a whole if some error happens to the wraps or animation of unarmed fighting. Then everything can settle back to the way it should be. Rangers again will be of course segregated as the norm lol. And the burst dps melee's with now self healing will rise to the top!

Ok now onto reading; speaking of death attacks, exactly what all animations, skills, spells are being investigated and for better or worse in the name of "Balance" Balance never ends well for anything touched.

Nice that they fixed the animations of certain races hopskotching about. But tinkering with great cleave... I didn't see anything wrong with GC, in fact its pretty much 100% reliable to attack everything around a character when used, unlike the LD momentous swings and lay waste that seem to never even decide to have a roll of dice to determine if I even swung to hit or not. So if its changed to look like cleave? Is it still gonna be doing what it should? I mean if it ain't broke...

Once again of course otto's is being given a boost as that machine sucks the milk endlessly on heh.

Somewhat saddened when I read about bard songs and then found out it wasn't a buff or even a change in bonus type given but cooldowns. I kinda liked the house k crafting hall tele to. Had a usefull thing of putting me right by the guild vender. But on the brighter side casters get a +2 stacking dc. So with the stick an extra 5. Might help maybe.

KookieKobold
01-31-2014, 01:16 PM
I have updated the OP with information on the events!

I'll see you all online.

Zzevel
02-03-2014, 03:50 PM

Eventual Success should never be an option, if you are not up to par, you fail. Simple..

Are you seriously proposing this?.. Yeah.. I had to wait till my +4's stacked to roll three 100's in a row but it was enough to let me PK that dang ole Dracolitch in FoT! Why is this game so easy?

It is a vicious cycle, to help address the issue you need to set a max, relatively equal, DC baseline for classes to obtain, then work on the monster AI/Resistances//HP/AC/Skills to counteract that max. Sacking DC's break the baseline and throws off the balance, making the content trivial without MOAR blanket immunities.. and that is something we all want to see avoided...

AMADHA
02-03-2014, 06:31 PM
We've brought Lamannia back online.

This weekend's focus will be on the new Divine Epic Destiny, Divine Crusader.

Squeak will be updating the release notes and known issues shortly!

Not up anymore and no note to this effect. Sigh.

Two things that might help my pain:
1) Archive pre-21 messages for this thread, what happened in 2012 is no longer of interest and clutter up the thread.
2) Post something on when you expect to be up again so people can be ready.

Normalcy
02-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Removed.

psymun
02-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Dear Devs:

The change to Intolerant Blows is unnecessary. It needs to either be left alone, or properly done. Especially since you're FORCED to take Divine Righteousness, and then this change makes it useless. Seriously Devs, please stop making required abilities useless.

I already have Sacred Defender and Unyielding Sentinel hate, coupled with Divine Righteousness. I'm also full TWF DPS. However, without Intolerant Blows, I struggle to maintain hate. If I get stunned, or if I have to stop to rebuff, I lose aggro.

I say again Devs: Either keep it the same, or do a proper change. If the idea is to extend it, at the very least make it stack with Divine Righteousness. I'm pretty sure that would be a compromise most Paladins would like.

LOOON375
02-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Nevermind.

lyrecono
02-05-2014, 03:52 AM

tanking is useless (sadly), with all their prr and hp they can take a whoppin 2 to 4 hits (when geared through the teeth) more then anyone else, at best.
these days i let them pew pew away and hit running mobs in the back. bound my running allong key to the mouse...
i just make sure that i pay atention to the kitter, if he aims for the corner, i run away, the ranged dies in 2 hits and gives the agro to me....

It realy does show that dev's don't get what goes on in EE's, the amount of cheese abuse and ranged dps has blown their sad attempt to make things harder for us out of the water and invalidated certain playing styles and classes.

I hope the player counsel can adress this, i haven't seen a dev responce to this problem yet...

ishr
02-05-2014, 08:06 AM
question: does this mean EIN and blitz charges no longer dispel going through portals? just wanted to clarify.

secondly, regarding the QP controversy. can we eliminate the +4 stacking bonus and have sunder apply 1/2 its bonus instead of not applying at all? QP has been useless for the previous 4 years, and this change will not kill QP, but will make it difficult to proc ALL the time, as in the nerf to EIN. this would balance much like EIN, which only works "some" of the time, and to really get it to work "most of the time" your toon has to sacrifice a lot (basically be built for it).

the reason why the stacking bonus looks good on paper but is actually going to end up making QP a useless combat move again is because the ki cost of QP is so high that it would deter people from building it around having to cost 2, 3 times more than before to proc an effective QP. who is going to have 50, 75 ki to bank to kill a single mob?

Mosasi
02-05-2014, 10:03 PM
As a monk I find the stacking bonus to QP to be a buff... which only means we'll be hit harder later when they actually nerf it. The monk-hate that plagues the boards now will only get worse when this "ner-Buff" goes live.

Eliminate the sunder mod to its DC, and increase the reuse timer on it so that QP is more of an "oh cr@p" ability, and less of the one and only button monks mash. A reuse timer of 30s or so should accomplish that. Re-balance the ki cost against the concept of a progressive success, and increase the ki cost by 50% (doubling the cost would be fair even), after all it is an insta-kill ability.

This certainly won't please the monk-haters, but it is an effective balancing of the ability as opposed to a flat out enhancement to an overpowered ability.

LavidDynch
02-07-2014, 04:10 AM
As a monk I find the stacking bonus to QP to be a buff... which only means we'll be hit harder later when they actually nerf it. The monk-hate that plagues the boards now will only get worse when this "ner-Buff" goes live.

Eliminate the sunder mod to its DC, and increase the reuse timer on it so that QP is more of an "oh cr@p" ability, and less of the one and only button monks mash. A reuse timer of 30s or so should accomplish that. Re-balance the ki cost against the concept of a progressive success, and increase the ki cost by 50% (doubling the cost would be fair even), after all it is an insta-kill ability.

This certainly won't please the monk-haters, but it is an effective balancing of the ability as opposed to a flat out enhancement to an overpowered ability.

What monk hate are you talking about? no one except Teh Troll has a genuine hate for the fly kick, round kicking ninja brother in a pyjamas. Most ppl have a bit of grudge on monkchers and the silly monk splash love of Turbine.... Most 'real monks' dissappeared with the EIN nerf some time ago.

PS. This is not a freaking buff. DS.