PDA

View Full Version : Avatar of Eilistraee

MadCookieQueen
01-30-2014, 09:16 AM
U23 Update: Post #45 (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435460-Avatar-of-Eilistraee?p=5447498&viewfull=1#post5447498)

Personally I love the Realms…I especially love the deities in the realms. One of my favorites is Eilistraee (Drow, moon maiden who dances under the moonlight and wields a very large moonblade to smite her foes...go read her story it's very cool). I decided I wanted to play a character in the spirit of her deity stats.

This build is not for the faint of heart....also it is in no way a Nannybot build....and it's full of flavor.

You will kill things.

You will be the CC master...but only because it makes your life better.

You will make the Barbarian jealous with your strength.

You shall smite the wicked and laugh like a maniac when the pile of bodies around you stacks up....oh wait...that's just me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Class Split: 18 Bard / 1 Fighter / 1 Cleric (BCBBBBBBBBBBBBBBFBBB)
Race: Drow (remember this is mostly a flavor build...so yeah pick another race if you like)

Abilities:
Str: 49/80(86)-- (17 base + 5 tome +7 lvl +1 GoTIB +10 Item +3 ED +2 ship +2 enh +2 Yugo / +2 Inspire Exec + 5 morale +4 tenser +16 Divine Might +4 Skaldic Rage +6 Titan’s Grip)
Dex: 34 / 40 -- (15 base + 5 tome + 9 item +1 GoTIB +2 ship +2 Yugo / +2 Inspire Exec + 4 tenser)
Con: 31/42 -- (12 base +5 tome +8 item +3 insight +1 GoTIB +2 Ship / +2 Inspire Exec +5 Morale +4 tenser)
Int: 18 / 20-- (10 base +5 tome +1 GoTIB +2 ship /+2 Inspire Exec )
Wis: 16 / 18-- (8 base +5 tome +1 GoTIB +2 ship /+2 Inspire Exec )
Cha: 38 / 42 -- (17 base +5 tome +2 enhancements +9 item +2 insight +1 GoTIB +2 ship / +2 Inspire Exec +2 yugo)

Skills: Max Concentration, Balance, Perform, Heal, UMD, 7 points into bluff, 1 point into tumble

Feats: Passive Past Life: Fighter x3
Base: Maximize (1), Two Weapon Fighting (3), Empower Healing (6), Quicken (9), Improved Two Weapon Fighting (12), Improved Critical: Pierce (15), Stunning Blow (18), Inspire Excellence (21), Exotic Weapon Prof: Bastard Swords (24), Epic DR (27),
Fighter: Greater Two-weapon fighting (16),
Destiny: Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting (26), Tactician (28)

Enhancements:
Spellsinger (36): Spellsinger (1), Music of the Sewers (1), Music of the Dead (1), Music of the Makers (1), Virtuoso (1), Haunting Melody III (3), Musical Studies III (3), Lingering Songs III (3), Sharp Note III (3), Charlatan II (2), Spell Song Trance (2), Charisma II (4), Enthrallment (2), Song of Arcane Might (2), Sustaining Song (2), Song of Capering (2), Spell Song Vigor (2), Advanced Musical Studies I (1)

Warchanter (26): Skaldic Rage (1), Fighting Spirit I (1), Rough and Ready III (3), Poetic Edda III (3), Action Boost: Sprint II (2), Strength II (4), Inspired Bravery III (3), Boast III (3), Ironskin Chant (3), Inspire Recklessness III (3)

Fighter – Kensei (10): Kensei Focus: Light Blades (1), Extra Action Boost III (6), Haste Boost III (3),

Cleric – Warpriest (4): Smite Foe (1), Divine Might III (3)

Cleric – Radiant Servant (4): Healing Domain (1), Wand Mastery III (3)

Core Stats:
HP: 720 Standing / 846 Boosted (126 levels +80 epic +294/420 con +25 heroic +10 draconic +50 False Life +15 auto grants +100 Fury +10 Shroud +10 Warchanter)
Double Strike: 15/23% (8%/15% Item + 5% Perfect TWF + 3% Draconic Ferocity +5 Inspire Recklessness)
Stunning Blow DC: 71/74 (73/76 with shaken) – (10 base + 35/38 Str +5 exc combat mastery +10 stunning +2 feat +6 legendary tactics +3 Ftr PL / +2 injury [shaken])
Fascinate DC: 82 (23 ranks + 8 epic +15 Cha +4 Exceptional +2 luck +4 morale +1 profane +1 ship +20 item +4 bard)
Positive Spell Power: 229/454 (138 Devotion +24 implement +25 heal skill +6 RS +36 SS / +150 Maximize +75 Empower Heal)
PRR: 32 (10 Epic Feat + 16 Augment +6 PRR)
UMD: 62 -- (23 ranks +8 epic +15 Cha +4 exceptional +2 luck +4 morale +1 profane +1 ship +4 SS)

Saves:
Fort: 44/48 – (10 base +4 epic +16 con +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +1 Ship/ +4 insightful -4 yugo)
Ref: 51/55 – (11 base +4 epic +15 dex +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +1 Ship +1 haste /+4 insightful)
Will: 35/39 – (13 base +4 epic +4 wis +4 morale +10 resistance +2 luck +1 competence +1 Ship -4 Yugo /+4 Insightful)

Epic Destiny – Fury of the Wild:
Damage Reduction III (3), Primal Scream III (3), Injury (1), Acute Instincts III (3), Sense Weakness III (3), Strength III (6), Overwhelming Force III (3), Fury Eternal (2), Unbridled Fury (2)
Twists: Fatesinger: Reign (3), Legendary Dreadnought: Legendary Tactics (1), Cocoon (1)

Gear:
Trinket: Planar Focus: Prowess +8 Con/ PLIS
Head: Black dragon +3 insightful Con, (Green: Good Luck, Yellow: Spell points)
Neck: Epic Shimmering (yellow: +2i Cha)
Goggles: Deadly 10, Resistance 10
Bracers: Skirmishers or Superior Parry of Greater Convo
Body: Black Dragon (Blue: Fortification)
Cloak: Ghost Waking
Ring: Consuming Darkenss (Green: +16 PRR)
Ring: Seal of Dun’Ro’Bar +7 con, Stunning 10
Boots: Rad II (+150 sp,+10 hp, + 2 dex, +4 cha, +6 int)
Gloves: EE Backstabbers (Yellow: Globe)
Belt: Str 10, False Life 50
Weapons: Celestia (boss beaters only...one proc and your enthralled masses are coming for you) / Nightmare (Devotion slotted) / First Blood

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Public Service Announcement:

Please be kind if you have a Bard in the party turn off IPS and watch the Cleaves...otherwise I am NOT responsible for when the hellish mob I just froze for you comes alive and kills you. If you can't kill an entire group in 3 seconds or less don't break the song. And yes, that applies to me too...hence the lack of cleave and why I don't use Celestias all the time.

I've been playing her for quite a while now...thought I'd be nice and share the love. (Special thanks to Ash for helping me clean up and tweak this build)

Andoris
01-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Just need to find you that eSoS shard now so we can really see what you can do with all the Str.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Just need to find you that eSoS shard now so we can really see what you can do with all the Str.

On a drow? I'd stick with the Balizardes.

Especially if you're intending your primary ED to be FoTW. TWFing recharges adrenalines twice as fast.

MadCookieQueen
01-30-2014, 10:46 AM

Especially if you're intending your primary ED to be FoTW. TWFing recharges adrenalines twice as fast.

I'm really certain is we went massive greatsword of doom, death, and destruction....she wouldn't be a Drow and probably a blitzer...which would make me not want to play her...seriously don't get me started on my annoyances with doing the blitz thing.

Andoris
01-30-2014, 10:49 AM

True -- but Bali's are even farther from moon blades than the SoS is (trying to somewhat stick with the flavor) and while a powerful weapon.. they are boring. Really wish nightmare didn't get nerfed as bad as it did -- still not a bad weapon, but the nerf hurt quite a bit.

Teh_Troll
01-30-2014, 10:51 AM
True -- but Bali's are even farther from moon blades than the SoS is (trying to somewhat stick with the flavor) and while a powerful weapon.. they are boring. Really wish nightmare didn't get nerfed as bad as it did -- still not a bad weapon, but the nerf hurt quite a bit.

They still look great, but yeah that nerf has made them a lot less sexy. Make the case for a repeal of the nerf on the council.

Wipey
01-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Cool build.
Unlucky with dex Prowess or just a typo ?
I would think 30 amp bracers non negotiable and you got DS on First Blood so Skirmish bracers not much use ?
Devotion in Nightmare ?
If yes, do you swap something to make up for the loss of devo or just live with it ? :)

Nice stun, even though Adrenalines with good Double strike and twf recharges super fast, another cc doesn't hurt.

MadCookieQueen
01-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Cool build.

Thanks and she's fun as all heck.

Unlucky with dex Prowess or just a typo ?

No...I need a con item in there...and I had one...so easy peasy.

I would think 30 amp bracers non negotiable and you got DS on First Blood so Skirmish bracers not much use ?

I run with the superior perry bracers...the skirmishers was originally in there for the double strike...but the +15% double strike on the first blood is pretty hefty to play with.

Devotion in Nightmare ?
If yes, do you swap something to make up for the loss of devo or just live with it ? :)

I KNEW I forgot to do something! Devotion should be in there...will update the build.

Nice stun, even though Adrenalines with good Double strike and twf recharges super fast, another cc doesn't hurt.

I use Stunning and Song of Capering to clean up stragglers and shut down archers...since they usually annoy me the most. Also Shadovar's in EE WGU look awesome dancing ^^

Yeah the CC options are very VERY nice and extremely effective...it's part of the overall Bard charm.

MadCookieQueen
01-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Let's talk gear. I recieved a couple questions on this and thought it was better to be public with more of the answers.So we can discuss things a bit and you can see the why's and how's and all that. Also for any new player it might give you a bit more information.

Trinket: Planar Focus: Prowess +8 Con / PLIS
Why Prowess? "Set Bonus: +4 to attack and damage, +15 Physical Resistance Rating (all artifact bonus)" It goes with Nightmare and Celestia.

The Con +8 is to bring it more in alignment with having an even Con stat....see stat when fully pumped up. Yes, you could go with a different Prowess trinket here...but the goal is to have the Prowess set bonus.

PLIS: Pale Lavendar Ioun Stone (for those not familiar with it)

Head: Black dragon +3 insightful Con, (Green: Good Luck, Yellow: Spell points)
Draconic Ferocity: +3% artifact bonus to melee Doublestrike chance...it stacks and more doublestrike is awesome.
the +3 insightful Con...because...even stat is the goal.

Ideally go EE for the helm only because the upgraded slots give you more options.

Neck: Epic Shimmering (yellow: +2i Cha)
+20 perform and yellow slot.. need my perform jacked and the yellow slot gives me insightful charisma...it's not about the +7 Charisma (it was at level 20 but not end game). So why not Ring of Deceit...when you look at my rings you'll understand why.

Goggles: Deadly 10, Resistance 10
I think it speaks for itself...nothing more see here...

Bracers: Skirmishers or Superior Parry of Greater Convo
If you do not have a First Blood you'll want the Skirmishers for the doublestrike. The Superior Parry of Greater Convo is the better item and it's what I use all the time.

The problem is that you can't get Superior of Parry of Convo anymore. So the Skirmishers is a nice fall back item for those that don't' have the SPoC or a First Blood for doublestrike or are VERY concerned about needing Dex.

Body: Black Dragon (Blue: Fortification)
Draconic Ferocity (see helm), Haste Guard, Armor-Piercing - 15%, Relentless Fury and Superior Acid Resistance (okay maybe not that so much) and the Blue slot for...Heavy Fort

Cloak: Ghost Waking
It's not here for the resistance (I have more in my goggles)...it has +8 Cha...also GHOSTLY and DR...I'd prefer not to get hit as often

Ring: Consuming Darkenss (Green: +16 PRR)
Seeker XII, Combat Mastery +5, Green slot for PRR...hey a girl has got to have PRR somewhere in there right?

Ring: Seal of Dun’Ro’Bar +7 con, Stunning 10
Ignore the +7 con...in fact get whatever you want for a stat...Stunning +10 and 8% Dodge are a necessity...especially the Stunning +10. I just happened to have a Con version of the ring.

Boots: Rad II (+150 sp,+10 hp, + 2 dex, +4 cha, +6 int)
Spell Points (I do actually like my blue bar...you know healing and emergency D-Door) and a bit of HP...the kick tail part of this is the Radiance Guard...hello blinded NPC morons who now I shall inflict more damage on as you miss me.

Why not Treads?...don't need the Dex and I have ghostly in my cloak..and I have a quiver (striding). But...if the cloak, quiver or the GS isn't your thing and the lack of Dex is eating your brain away then by all means, they are a nice pair of boots.

Why not Goatskins? I have Haste...they don't' stack...without that Goatskins aren't as nifty for this build.

Also I have Cannith (for the clickie) and Anchoring...for those rare ToD runs.

Gloves: EE Backstabbers (Yellow: Globe)
Improved Deception... a pile of Sneak Attack....the yellow slot was screaming for a Globe of Imperial True Blood

Belt: Str 10, False Life 50
I'm a strength build and I like hit points...it's a win-win here.

Weapons: Celestia (boss beaters only...one proc and your enthralled masses are coming for you) / Nightmare (Devotion slotted) / First Blood
Without weapons I'm not killing much...I know odd isn't it?

So that is the gear selection....hope it helps answer questions.

maddmatt70
02-04-2014, 05:01 PM
I am kind of partial to the 12% damage for grim fate for fatesinger if we ever do fight a raid boss again someday, but I hear yeah fury of wild likely way to go. You prefer full base attack bonus from victory song vs. a deeper splash? I have a 16 bard 3 ranger 1 cleric who dual wields a balazarde and Rebellion or two balizards depending. What can you get your stun blow up to? I have not played my bards much the last few months because not real inspired by them but what have you.

MadCookieQueen
02-04-2014, 05:16 PM
I am kind of partial to the 12% damage for grim fate for fatesinger if we ever do fight a raid boss again someday, but I hear yeah fury of wild likely way to go. You prefer full base attack bonus from victory song vs. a deeper splash? I have a 16 bard 3 ranger 1 cleric who dual wields a balazarde and Rebellion or two balizards depending. What can you get your stun blow up to? I have not played my bards much the last few months because not real inspired by them but what have you.

You get more damage boosting from Fury than 12% (overall...there's math to back me up...somewhere...but I think I lost my wallet)..also for the most part if you want to do a full kick-in-the-junk melee bard..fatesinger (IMHO) doesn't make a lot of sense.

The "full BAB" bonus from victory song is really at best a +5. Also note the ability toggle is bugged. So I wouldn't rely on it to save my life. Also by endcap you're pretty close if not fully there to max BAB..it's kind of a meh for me.

Stunning Blow DC: 71/74 (73/76 with shaken) – (10 base + 35/38 Str +5 exc combat mastery +10 stunning +2 feat +6 legendary tactics +3 Ftr PL / +2 injury [shaken])

Aerendil
02-07-2014, 10:53 AM

The interesting thing about Fatesinger is you can debuff so much more than just 12% damage. That same buff is also 12% magical damage and -12 SR. Combined with the passive Harmonic Resonance and a pair of Frostbite blades, you're looking at self-debuffing an enemy to 32% extra damage, and 62% sonic vulnerability. Nice for the melee damage, but unfortunately Bards don't have fantastic sonic damage options. If only the capstone for SS was a massive sonic DD instead of Wail, or more Cacophony named weapons were available.

Anyways, back on topic, I like the concept. I was always a fan of Eilistraee in the Realms as well. Fits very well with the concept of Bard as well, as she favoured song and dance by moonlight.

MadCookieQueen
02-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Anyways, back on topic, I like the concept. I was always a fan of Eilistraee in the Realms as well. Fits very well with the concept of Bard as well, as she favoured song and dance by moonlight.

Thanks! As I said she's a lot of fun to play and if you run around with the glowly lich eyes cosmetic she looks even more awesome ^^

If you're a Realms fan...I'm working on a Solonor Thelandira Avatar ^^

flaggson
02-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Really dig the build, looks really solid. However, I have a question. No power attack.... is this something we don't really consider a necessity anymore? Once upon a time almost every character had it but maybe I'm living in the past. Thoughts?

MadCookieQueen
02-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Really dig the build, looks really solid. However, I have a question. No power attack.... is this something we don't really consider a necessity anymore? Once upon a time almost every character had it but maybe I'm living in the past. Thoughts?

Couple reasons:

1. the build is pretty feat tight...least for how I play and to go with the flavor...so no standing room ^^.
2. With the way Fascinate and Enthrall works the Cleave chain would have been counterproductive and if I'm not going cleave then there isn't a point really.
3. Her to hit is a little lighter than a traditional DPS mad machine so having every little to hit actually matters.

That all being said...let's say I had an open feat...I would have taken Precision over PA. The bonus to hit is good but the reduction to the enemy Fort is some sweet loving.

Hope that helps.

flaggson
02-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Couple reasons:

1. the build is pretty feat tight...least for how I play and to go with the flavor...so no standing room ^^.
2. With the way Fascinate and Enthrall works the Cleave chain would have been counterproductive and if I'm not going cleave then there isn't a point really.
3. Her to hit is a little lighter than a traditional DPS mad machine so having every little to hit actually matters.

That all being said...let's say I had an open feat...I would have taken Precision over PA. The bonus to hit is good but the reduction to the enemy Fort is some sweet loving.

Hope that helps.

Sure does, thank you.

Aerendil
02-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Sure does, thank you.

Yeah, you could easily adapt the original build to throw in PA or Precision if inclined. If you're not going the route of Stunning Blow (i.e. OPs past lives help immensely in this regard), that would be a perfect replacement. Alternatively, you could probably also do away with Maximize (since Emp Heal + Cocoon is usually enough healing) and throw in, say, Force of Personality to shore up the will saves. But it's up to you.

flaggson
02-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Yeah, you could easily adapt the original build to throw in PA or Precision if inclined. If you're not going the route of Stunning Blow (i.e. OPs past lives help immensely in this regard), that would be a perfect replacement. Alternatively, you could probably also do away with Maximize (since Emp Heal + Cocoon is usually enough healing) and throw in, say, Force of Personality to shore up the will saves. But it's up to you.

That was pretty much where my thought process went.

fool101
02-25-2014, 09:48 AM
I really like this build. It gave me the inspiration for a similar one with rogue (for traps in a static group) instead of fighter.

I am looking for some clarification on general game mechanics though. I was discussing the build with a guildmate when I was informed that by taking a cleric level, I would actually be making it almost impossible to use a heal scroll. This is due to having to make a caster level check (10 + spell level, with a cleric level) vs a UMD check (without cleric levels). I checked the wiki but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So basically, is the described scenario correct or are you able to use heal scrolls with UMD, or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

MadCookieQueen
02-26-2014, 10:22 AM
I really like this build. It gave me the inspiration for a similar one with rogue (for traps in a static group) instead of fighter.

I am looking for some clarification on general game mechanics though. I was discussing the build with a guildmate when I was informed that by taking a cleric level, I would actually be making it almost impossible to use a heal scroll. This is due to having to make a caster level check (10 + spell level, with a cleric level) vs a UMD check (without cleric levels). I checked the wiki but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So basically, is the described scenario correct or are you able to use heal scrolls with UMD, or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

I've not had any issues with using a Heal scroll based on my UMD. UMD option overrides the class/race/alignment/etc. restrictions on items/wands/scrolls/etc.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Roland_D'Arabel
03-12-2014, 11:21 AM
I have been trying to figure out why in the OP it specifies 7 points in bluff. Is there a number you are trying to hit with buffs that is attainable with the 7 skill points spent?

MadCookieQueen
03-12-2014, 01:39 PM
I have been trying to figure out why in the OP it specifies 7 points in bluff. Is there a number you are trying to hit with buffs that is attainable with the 7 skill points spent?

Left over skill points...since it's higher than the base level 1 of 4 thought to include it ^^

yasz73
04-17-2014, 11:03 AM
What weapon types are you using in early levels (since you're not taking Bastard Proficiency until 24 but also taking Imp Crit: Pierce at 15 and Kensei Light Blades)?

MadCookieQueen
04-25-2014, 01:57 PM
What weapon types are you using in early levels (since you're not taking Bastard Proficiency until 24 but also taking Imp Crit: Pierce at 15 and Kensei Light Blades)?

Short swords...My boss beaters are Celestias and until I get them I dual wield envenomed blades and sword of day.

GMoneyMackDaddy
04-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Trying this build now, on my 2nd life bard. (1 fighter past life)

So far its fun to play. Currently lvl7, and dude shreds, and excellent CC.

Thanks for posting the build!

MadCookieQueen
04-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Trying this build now, on my 2nd life bard. (1 fighter past life)

So far its fun to play. Currently lvl7, and dude shreds, and excellent CC.

Thanks for posting the build!

You're welcome!

Glad you're having fun!!

NaturalHazard
04-29-2014, 02:31 AM
You're welcome!

Glad you're having fun!!

I have two boxes I can either get two nightmares or two celestias, I have the parts for various epic shortswords which would be best to get? Celestia though crappy breaks fasinate if I ever use it. I don't really care too much about being in character, maybe blizards might be good or one blizziard and one celestia?

and with the sword of day, its totally random which random effects you get right? radiance of course I reckon is the best.

Andoris
04-29-2014, 10:53 AM
I have two boxes I can either get two nightmares or two celestias, I have the parts for various epic shortswords which would be best to get? Celestia though crappy breaks fasinate if I ever use it. I don't really care too much about being in character, maybe blizards might be good or one blizziard and one celestia?

and with the sword of day, its totally random which random effects you get right? radiance of course I reckon is the best.

It is a bit of work, but you are in almost all cases better with Tunderforged weapons these days. Even at level 22 the enhanced base damage on the TF weapons (usually) beats out the dps on Drow weapons. As for trash killing, mortal fear is top-tier.

Celestia is still nice as it breaks nearly all DR -- if you are not worried about the RP aspect of using moonblades, Balizard will kill trash better than nightmare in almost all cases. Either way CitW weapons are really (in most cases) just mid-epic place holders now.. at higher epics Tunderforged is the way to go.

NaturalHazard
04-29-2014, 06:19 PM
It is a bit of work, but you are in almost all cases better with Tunderforged weapons these days. Even at level 22 the enhanced base damage on the TF weapons (usually) beats out the dps on Drow weapons. As for trash killing, mortal fear is top-tier.

Celestia is still nice as it breaks nearly all DR -- if you are not worried about the RP aspect of using moonblades, Balizard will kill trash better than nightmare in almost all cases. Either way CitW weapons are really (in most cases) just mid-epic place holders now.. at higher epics Tunderforged is the way to go.

arn't thunder forged a lot of work to get? Remember this toon is an alt, my 4th most played character no less, my haggle bard. not sure I want to sink hours and hours of farming to get the best weapons just yet.

If I get a sos shard/seal I would use that on this toon no hesitation the other is a staff toon now and the other melee a 2wf.

THanks though it has cleared things up for me, bastard swords are out, take the rapiers if im not going to commit to getting thunder forged and the shortswords if I am as I can use the thunderforged on trash and keep those for boss beating.

Andoris
04-29-2014, 07:03 PM
arn't thunder forged a lot of work to get? Remember this toon is an alt, my 4th most played character no less, my haggle bard. not sure I want to sink hours and hours of farming to get the best weapons just yet.

If I get a sos shard/seal I would use that on this toon no hesitation the other is a staff toon now and the other melee a 2wf.

THanks though it has cleared things up for me, bastard swords are out, take the rapiers if im not going to commit to getting thunder forged and the shortswords if I am as I can use the thunderforged on trash and keep those for boss beating.

Tier 2 Weapons are not that bad.. its the Tier 3 that is a major grind.

Luxgolg
05-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Working on this with a first lifer. What spell loadout do you use? Screenshot?

MadCookieQueen
05-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Working on this with a first lifer. What spell loadout do you use? Screenshot?

Spells (I believe these are in order of when they were taken..otherwise it's just a list):

Focusing Chant, Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat, Blur, Rage, Hypnotism, Cure Moderate Wounds, Soundburst, Cure Serious Wounds, Displacement, Haste, Crushing Despair, Cure Critical Wounds, Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement, Otto's Sphere of Dancing, Mind Fog, Greater Heroism, Greater Dispel Magic, Feather Fall, Mass Suggestion, Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, Otto's Irresistible Dance, Glitterdust, Heroes Feast, Remove Curse

When you ask for screenshot are you trying to get an idea of how I set up my bars? And yes, I do have all of these spells up on my screen.

TeacherSyn
05-20-2014, 11:02 AM
You had me at "Avatar of Eilistraee."

I've had problems in just trying out my hands at the arcane outside of the Artificer. This build isn't complicated in terms of a multiclass and has lots of flavor and punch.

I'd likely not have Fighter past lives in rolling one up and need to see if I can make it work just as a first-lifer, but it looks absolutely delicious on first glance. Nice work.

MadCookieQueen
05-20-2014, 11:07 AM
You had me at "Avatar of Eilistraee."

I've had problems in just trying out my hands at the arcane outside of the Artificer. This build isn't complicated in terms of a multiclass and has lots of flavor and punch.

I'd likely not have Fighter past lives in rolling one up and need to see if I can make it work just as a first-lifer, but it looks absolutely delicious on first glance. Nice work.

Thanks! Let me know what kinds of changes you make and how she does as a first lifer, always curious about how people play this toon.

On the Fighter PL: You'll be down +3 stunning DC which means you won't hit it as often in like stormhorns EE, but it's still viable for everything else ^^

ArcaneArcher52689
05-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Question: Will you be switching from twf to swf with U22, or adding swashbuckler?

Main reason for asking is that, iirc, Elistraee's priestess's generally preferred swf. Also, I think you're build might actually benefit from it more than twf.

anyways, really like the build and plan on using it for my bard life on my TR project.

MadCookieQueen
05-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Question: Will you be switching from twf to swf with U22, or adding swashbuckler?

Main reason for asking is that, iirc, Elistraee's priestess's generally preferred swf. Also, I think you're build might actually benefit from it more than twf.

anyways, really like the build and plan on using it for my bard life on my TR project.

I know stylistically SWF a massive bastard sword (in PnP these babies are huge) is the true way of Elistraee but it didn't fit with the mechanics of DDO...now with U22 we might have a chance to really bring her inline with the Flavor.

All I can say with this build is that I'm looking at different options and if I had more time to test things on LamaLand (doing a major TR project and trying to absorb the XP bonus as much as possible) I'd be able to post some modifications (assuming nothing changes before this all goes live) but I'll need to wait till it goes live first.

As a note I don't like to post things unless I've tested the build out for a while first. I think it's just better that way ^^

Good luck and Game on!

Luxgolg
05-20-2014, 02:46 PM
Spells (I believe these are in order of when they were taken..otherwise it's just a list):

Focusing Chant, Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat, Blur, Rage, Hypnotism, Cure Moderate Wounds, Soundburst, Cure Serious Wounds, Displacement, Haste, Crushing Despair, Cure Critical Wounds, Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement, Otto's Sphere of Dancing, Mind Fog, Greater Heroism, Greater Dispel Magic, Feather Fall, Mass Suggestion, Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, Otto's Irresistible Dance, Glitterdust, Heroes Feast, Remove Curse

When you ask for screenshot are you trying to get an idea of how I set up my bars? And yes, I do have all of these spells up on my screen.

Sometimes it just easier than typing it all out :) I'm having issues finding time playing me 5th life PM against play time with this build. No Cleric spells due to low WIS off the bat had me a bit worried, but the DPS is doing well.

GMoneyMackDaddy
08-26-2014, 11:16 PM
OMG... been too long!!!

Just started playing again.. this build.. and just hit lvl 15 tonight.. and WOW!.. LOVE IT!

Great fun all around!

Loving this game again!

MadCookieQueen
08-27-2014, 08:21 AM
OMG... been too long!!!

Just started playing again.. this build.. and just hit lvl 15 tonight.. and WOW!.. LOVE IT!

Great fun all around!

Loving this game again!

Welcome back to DDO ^^

She's a bit outdated (enhancement wise) with all the Bard changes but she's still uber fun.

A couple edits I've been testing (though since you're level 15 you're either doing these or would need to respec):

Going rapiers with Swashbuckler is a good way to edit the build (granted you lose flavor but you know game mechanics and all that...of course Celestia is a bastard sword in a shortsword category..works for SB... but if you fascinate I dont' recommend using it)

If you go rapiers, instead of taking Exotic Weapon you could go Maximize (works with the SLAs) or Extend to make Displacement last a bit longer. I personally now run with Maximize instead of empower heal but having both isn't a bad thing.

Make sure you run up the SWF feat line (dont' forget to take Balance) instead of TWF to maximize the use out of Swashbuckler. (Or if you plan to ignore SB then carry on with TWF)

The bonus to sonic power out of Spellsinger does wonders with the Sonic procs from SB...so that works out well. Also Reverberate is your friend.

Coup de Grace and Stunning Blow is awesome and with the DCs I can hit I get this combo working even in EE Stormhorns and the newer raids.

I recommend going Divine Crusader for the ED as opposed to Fury. Just make sure you fit in some Combustion to help with Consecration.

GMoneyMackDaddy
10-07-2014, 10:20 PM
At lvl 26 now, with original avatar build (no major changes per se).

This build is super fun! Awesome CC, great dps, almost can't log into main monk anymore!

Obviously with thunderforged stuff out, weapons and new gear, things will change a bit.

74 strength now at 26 is awesome!!

Another reason I posted tonight was to bump this thread!

Rock on bards!

G.

Eth
10-08-2014, 02:18 AM
Going rapiers with Swashbuckler is a good way to edit the build (granted you lose flavor but you know game mechanics and all that...of course Celestia is a bastard sword in a shortsword category..works for SB... but if you fascinate I dont' recommend using it)

Well, we're getting weapon cosmetics soon(tm) - at least on lammania they worked fine.
So you can go with any weapon and still have your flavor. Which weapon would resemble a moonblade best btw.?

MadCookieQueen
10-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Well, we're getting weapon cosmetics soon(tm) - at least on lammania they worked fine.
So you can go with any weapon and still have your flavor. Which weapon would resemble a moonblade best btw.?

Alchemical or Drow Master...both have the right clean look and the large enough form to make it look closer to a moon blade.

I like Nightmare myself but it's too sinister to work for a good diety

Eth
10-08-2014, 10:39 AM
I like alchemical (guess you mean long swords?). Oathblade also has a nice look.
But I think these are my favourite:
http://i.imgur.com/o9sxqk5.png

Wipey
10-08-2014, 10:50 AM
That abomination looks more like something a Priestess of Eilistraee would be hunting under the light of full moon :D

Bridge_Dweller
10-08-2014, 11:04 AM
I like alchemical (guess you mean long swords?). Oathblade also has a nice look.

You managed to find something tackier than the assless-chaps. Congrats.

Eth
10-08-2014, 11:22 AM
You managed to find something tackier than the assless-chaps. Congrats.
Totally forgot to put on this helmet. Think it should grant PDKs permanent blindness...
http://i.imgur.com/Kc11jUN.png

MadCookieQueen
10-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Figured I would do this...slightly quick and dirty...so I apologize for any errors...warning...gear is a WIP

Major note...instead of Cleric I went FvS...more spell points +2 to Will and Reflex saves. (yes, yes I know cleric is genre...but the mechanic in DDO kind of trumped that...so lose some SP and saves to be fully inline with genre)

Overall the update looks very promising.

I have not tested her...been busy with the Firestarter

Avatar of Ellistrae – Drow – 18 Bard/1FvS/1Fighter
BFvsBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBFBB

Stats*:
STR**: 50/84(17 Base, +5 tome, +7 levels, +1 exceptional, +10 item, +2 enhancements, +2 ED, +2 insight, +2 profane/+2 Inspire Exc., +2 Ship, +4 Alchemical, +5 morale, +6 Psionic, +15 Divine Might, +2 supreme lasting elixir)
DEX: 38/46 (13 Base, +5 tome, +1 exceptional, +11 item, +4 insight, +2 profane/+2 Inspire Exc., +2 Ship, +4 Alchemical, +2 supreme lasting elixir)
CON: 38/47 (13 Base, +5 tome, +1 exceptional, +11 item, +4 insight, +2 profane/+2 Inspire Exc., +2 Ship, +4 Alchemical, +5 morale, +2 supreme lasting elixir)
INT: 28/34 (10 Base, +5 tome, +1 exceptional, +8 item, +2 insight, +2 profane/+2 Inspire Exc., +2 Ship, +2 supreme lasting elixir)
WIS: 18/22 (8 Base, +5 tome, +1 exceptional, +8 item, +2 insight, +2 profane/+2 Inspire Exc., +2 Ship, +2 supreme lasting elixir)
CHA: 40/44 (17 Base, +5 tome, +1 exceptional, +11 item, +2 insight, +2 profane/+2 Inspire Exc., +2 Ship, +2 supreme lasting elixir)

*add in +2 for Yugo
**Divine Might is an insight bonus and does not actually stack with the insight item, this was accounted for in the buffed number

Core Stats:
HP: 861/987 (+126 Levels, +80 Epic, +392 Con, +10 Draconic, +50 False Life, +25 Shroud, +15 Autogrant, +35 enhancements, +20 Vitality, +50 ED)
SP: 1624 (+575 base, +80 Magical Training, +476 CHA Bonus, +60 enhancements, +250 Item (+13 for FvS bonus), +100 GS, +25 Ship, +125 Epic Destiny)
PRR: 111 (+30 armor, +24 Sheltering, + 10 Heavenly Presence, +9 EPL, +12 enhancements, +10 Epic Damager Reduction, +16 PRR augment)
Mitigation: 47.4%
Fortification: 170% (130% Shadow Scale + 40% Brace for Impact)
Double Strike: 64% (+9 ePL, +5 PTWF, +30 action boost +20 enh)
Dodge: 18% (+3% destiny, + 15% enh)
Stunning Blow: 76 (10 Base, +37 STR, +12 item, +5 combat mastery, +3 PL, +1 ship, +6 ED, +2 tactician)
Frozen Fury: 69 (14 base, +17 CHA, +9 bard levels, +12 stunning item, +5 combat mastery, +3 fighter PL, +1 ship, +6 ED, +2 tactician)

Saves:
Fortitude: 58 (10 Base, +4 epic, +19 ability, +4 morale, +11 resistance, +2 luck, +1 competence, +3 ship, +1 enh, +3 GS, +3 ePL)
Reflex:72 (13 Base, +4 epic, +18 ability, +4 morale, +11 resistance, +2 luck, +1 competence, +3 ship, +6 enh, +3 GS, +3 ePL, +6 unearthly reflexes)
Will: 52 (13 Base, +4 epic, +10 ability, +4 morale, +11 resistance, +2 luck, +1 competence, +3 ship, +1 enh, +3 GS, +3 ePL)

Feats:
Past Lives: Fighter x3, Bard x3
Epic Past Lives: Energy Criticals x 3, Brace x 3, Doublestrike x 3, Colors of the Queen x 3
1: SWF
2: FvS: Vulkoor
3: Maximize
6: Precision
9: ISWF
12: Quicken
15: IC: Pierce
18: GSWF, Fighter: Stunning Blow
21: Inspire Excellence
24: Overwhelming
26: PTWF
27: Epic Damage Reduction
28: Tactician

Skills:
Balance: 11
Heal, Spell Craft, UMD, Perform, Concentration: 23
Perform: 88 (+17 CHA, +6 GS, +20 item, 23 ranks, +8 epic, +4 Tome, +2 luck, +4 GH, +1 profane, +3 ship)
UMD: 72 (+17 CHA, +6 GS, +5 item, 23 ranks, +8 epic, +3 Tome, +2 luck, +4 GH, +1 profane, +3 ship)
Heal: 68 (+10 WIS, +13 item, 23 ranks, +8 epic, +4 Tome, +2 luck, +4 GH, +1 profane, +3 ship)
Spell Craft: 76 (+11 INT, +20 item, 23 ranks, +8 epic, +4 Tome, +2 luck, +4 GH, +1 profane, +3 ship)

Spell Power and Lore:
Fire: 290 (+144 item, +76 spell craft, +15 ship, +5 enhancements, +25 destiny, +25 CoV Spell power potion)
Positive: 261 (+138 item, +68 heal, +15 ship, +15 destiny, +25 CoV Spell Power potion)
Sonic: 277 (144 item, +88 perform, +5 destiny, +15 ship, +25 CoV spell power potion)

Lore:
18% Positive (+17% Universal, +1% ED)
27% Fire (17% Universal, +9% ePL, +1% ED)

Spells:
Bard: Bard: Focusing Chant, Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Cure Moderate Wounds, Rage, Blur, Invisibility, Cure Serious Wounds, Good Hope, Displacement, Haste, Freedom of Movement, Dimension Door, Cure Critical Wounds, Shout, Greater Heroism, Mind Fog, Cure Light Mass
FVS: Nightshield, Divine favor

Enhancements:
Kensai (4): Core – Light Blades (1), Action Boost: Haste III (3)
WarPriest (4): Cores - Smite Weakness (2), Divine Might III (3),
Swashbuckler (38): Cores 1 – 4 (4), On Your Toes III (3), Blow by Blow III (3), Sword Dance II (4), Action Boost: Double Strike III (6), Fast Movement (2), Elegant Footwork (2), Style – Dashing (1), Resonant Arms III (6), Thread Needle (2), Exploit weakness (2), CDG (2)
Spellsinger (6): Cores 1, Lingering III (3), Magical Studies II (2)
Warchanter (28): Core 1-4, Rough and Ready III (3), Poetic III (3), Arcane Shield Chant III (3), Frozen Fury III (3), Iron Skin Chant III (3), STR I & II (4), Reckless Chant III (3), Northwind (2)

Epic Destiny and Twists:
Divine Crusader: Interrogation (1), Purge the Wicked (1), Strength I & II (4), Flames of Purity II (2), Consecration III (3), Sacred Ground (2), Crusade (2), No Regret (2), Empryean Magic (1), Heavenly Presence (2), Celestial Champion (2), Strike Down (2)

Twists:
Legendary Tactics, Primal Scream, Brace for Impact, Unearthly Reflexes/Cocoon/Energy Sheath

Gear (WIP):
Epic Mentau's Goggles
Flawless Shadow Scale – Light Armor, Shadow Killer
Epic Chord of Reprisals
Mystic Eidolons
Epic Bracers of the Inferno
Consuming darkness EE
Random Loot Gen Ring Health +10, Health +50
Epic Boots of the Innocent
EE Backstabbers
Epic Litany of the Dead /PLIS
Greensteel Cloak – balance land and sky (10 HP +2 DEX skills, 15 HP +4 CON skills, 3 Resistance (stacks)
100 SP, +6 CHA skills)/Jeweled Cloak
TF Shortsword: 1st Degree Burns, Dragon's Edge, Mortal Fear (Orange: Devotion +138)

Just assume all the usual augments: +16 PRR, Vitality +20, good luck +2, globe, anthem, +8 INT and WIs, Devotion +138, draconic, heal +13…you get the hint

MadCookieQueen
10-08-2014, 11:31 AM

I meant the bastard swords...after all that's what a moon blade is...

http://ddowiki.com/images/Alchemical_Bastard_Sword_shown.jpg

Hey if that style works for you...then ROCK ON!

Chewysc
10-08-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm 3 Arcane PL's away from Epic Completionist so I'm wondering if this build would work OK as a PDK (to get PRR) in Fatesinger?

Granted, I would have to take Fighter at level 1 and loose some skill points but that's fine.

Any thoughts?

MadCookieQueen
10-08-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm 3 Arcane PL's away from Epic Completionist so I'm wondering if this build would work OK as a PDK (to get PRR) in Fatesinger?

Granted, I would have to take Fighter at level 1 and loose some skill points but that's fine.

Any thoughts?

the drow mostly serves as part of the flavor of the build...so PDK could work without too many problems. Just try to come as close to the stats as you can...so the order really is STR, CHA, CON, DEX.

and at the end you only need enough Balance for the SWF line...but max perform, UMD, heal, concentration and spellcraft (pretty much in that order)

Fatesinger is fine...I had more fun in Draconic...then again I just like making all the things go BOOM!

Aerendil
10-09-2014, 05:41 AM
I'm wondering if Divine Might is really worth it these days, aside from the flavour of representing Eilistraee's power (which, sadly, is negligable as she's dead now). I know that's most of the cornerstone of the build, but in a best-case sort of scenerio, with fully maxed out character stats, you're looking at +15 str from it. That's +7dmg mainhand; +3 offhand. Capstone by staying pure would be +2 str, +1 dmg inspire courage, and +5 music bonus to damage from Inspire Heroics - resulting in +7dmg *per hand*.

Granted, you lose your Fighter level too which means no haste boost, and it would lower your stunning blow DC significantly, but you could go the Warchanter ice route and most likely still have a good DC (low 60s, plus Insults from SB to lower enemy saves further). And it's AoE.

Just a thought :)

*edit* - just saw you updated for U23 with frozen fury, disregard that portion :)
And you're SWF now - interesting...

MadCookieQueen
10-09-2014, 07:50 AM
I'm wondering if Divine Might is really worth it these days, aside from the flavour of representing Eilistraee's power (which, sadly, is negligable as she's dead now). I know that's most of the cornerstone of the build, but in a best-case sort of scenerio, with fully maxed out character stats, you're looking at +15 str from it. That's +7dmg mainhand; +3 offhand. Capstone by staying pure would be +2 str, +1 dmg inspire courage, and +5 music bonus to damage from Inspire Heroics - resulting in +7dmg *per hand*.

Granted, you lose your Fighter level too which means no haste boost, and it would lower your stunning blow DC significantly, but you could go the Warchanter ice route and most likely still have a good DC (low 60s, plus Insults from SB to lower enemy saves further). And it's AoE.

Just a thought :)

*edit* - just saw you updated for U23 with frozen fury, disregard that portion :)
And you're SWF now - interesting...

<RANT class = "4th edition garbage">

First...she is not dead (the beheading of a god in an avatar body and not on their home plane or in their true form only results in banishment...that's fact). The death of many gods happened in 4th edition. The 4th edition material was written without consulting nor feedback form any of the actual authors of that realm, including Greenwood himself. Now in 5th edition the writers are trying to undo all of the damage (called The Sundering) and genre breaks caused by 4th ed writers who didn't have a clue. However it will take a while as the writers are not allowed to redcon anything. As their material and word is considered true cannon to the Realms, I would ignore anything coming out of 4th edition....in fact forget it ever existed.

</RANT>

The boost to strength is indeed due to tactical DCs...without a massive strength feeding into stunning blow...it would be basically useless.

The +15 to strength as you outlined, to keep the +7 to dmg, would force me to take the WC capstone...that'll happen...in a world where we are all cats. If I have to take a capstone Swashbuckler would be the one to take.

Also the STR bonus improves my to hit ability, with some of the jumping around rogue baddies out there...yeah every point to smite them down is a win win.

The loss of haste boost is an issue, especially in terms of play style as I do go back and forth between haste and doublestrike. If you look at it from a swing speed they are around equal...however this allows me to double the amount of boosts for 4 AP.

Also Fighter grants me a feat...which is a necessity, since Bards are feat tight.

Low 60's on a tactical DC isn't going to get you far in EEs and since I play mostly EEs (unless grinding where I watch my XP per minute) the tactical DC is important.

I went SWF because with that line it's better for me than TWF...also let's face it...it's genre...she wielded one moonblade not two and the mechanics of DDO allowed me to bring that back into the fold

and finally...in a sea of CHA based Bards...she's kind of the last of the STR based...something I wouldn't trade on her for the world ^^

Thanks for the feedback and as always...game on!

Xaxx
10-09-2014, 09:40 AM
<RANT class = "4th edition garbage">

First...she is not dead (the beheading of a god in an avatar body and not on their home plane or in their true form only results in banishment...that's fact). The death of many gods happened in 4th edition. The 4th edition material was written without consulting nor feedback form any of the actual authors of that realm, including Greenwood himself. Now in 5th edition the writers are trying to undo all of the damage (called The Sundering) and genre breaks caused by 4th ed writers who didn't have a clue. However it will take a while as the writers are not allowed to redcon anything. As their material and word is considered true cannon to the Realms, I would ignore anything coming out of 4th edition....in fact forget it ever existed.

</RANT>

You rant.. never... that said... dont' shoot me later :)

Gods can die outside of their home plane if they're entire power focus is forced into avatar form and far enough away from the godhead. Writers are currently trying to get out of alot of affects of the spellplague with the sundering by doing some weird stuff, just as weird as the Albier alignment of 4th edition. Such as the year of the reborn hero that Salvatore and a few others are using....

Either way when Ao forced the gods down and sepearted their powers from the godhead of their realm, more then a few were killed and had their folders assumed into a new mortal or folded into another diety (Cyric taking multiple folders upon his assention including death, which was later lost to Kelemvor.) (Mystra dieing for the 2nd (3rd?) time and having Midnight receive the godhead and become the new Mystra, though she dissapeared in 4th and as per the ddo storyline of motu she seems not to have died and will be answered in 5th edition books)

Either way El could be dead, or they could write her out of it, it depends mainly on what they choose to do with the drow gods in the wake of the ongoing companions codex and the follwoing story line... with lolths renewed war on the surface (you cant expect lolth not to join the tyranny of dragons party can you?) this could go a few different ways.

Won't say any more because to much in the way of spoilers for people who havent been reading the new fr books or fan speculation about hints dropped or possibilities dropped in the The Sundering series so far.

MadCookieQueen
10-09-2014, 09:53 AM
You rant.. never... that said... dont' shoot me later :)

Gods can die outside of their home plane if they're entire power focus is forced into avatar form and far enough away from the godhead. Writers are currently trying to get out of alot of affects of the spellplague with the sundering by doing some weird stuff, just as weird as the Albier alignment of 4th edition. Such as the year of the reborn hero that Salvatore and a few others are using....

Either way when Ao forced the gods down and sepearted their powers from the godhead of their realm, more then a few were killed and had their folders assumed into a new mortal or folded into another diety (Cyric taking multiple folders upon his assention including death, which was later lost to Kelemvor.) (Mystra dieing for the 2nd (3rd?) time and having Midnight receive the godhead and become the new Mystra, though she dissapeared in 4th and as per the ddo storyline of motu she seems not to have died and will be answered in 5th edition books)

Either way El could be dead, or they could write her out of it, it depends mainly on what they choose to do with the drow gods in the wake of the ongoing companions codex and the follwoing story line... with lolths renewed war on the surface (you cant expect lolth not to join the tyranny of dragons party can you?) this could go a few different ways.

Won't say any more because to much in the way of spoilers for people who havent been reading the new fr books or fan speculation about hints dropped or possibilities dropped in the The Sundering series so far.

I know...me ranting?! It shocks me too...the very few times I ever do it ;p

The key is that the gods never fully died...Mystra "dies" so often I think she does it for the attention. Heck...even Karsus is somewhat still alive...dude has followers and believers. I do believe there was one goddess that did officially die (as in to never EVER return) but to make that happen it took high elven magic to literally erase her existence out of every single persons mind...without a worshiper...they go poof ^^

With all the interesting story lines coming out and Lolth doing her thing...there's no way in heck...Eili is staying "dead".

(as a note...I hit the evil post count in this post...muhahahah!)

Xaxx
10-09-2014, 10:14 AM
I know...me ranting?! It shocks me too...the very few times I ever do it ;p

The key is that the gods never fully died...Mystra "dies" so often I think she does it for the attention. Heck...even Karsus is somewhat still alive...dude has followers and believers. I do believe there was one goddess that did officially die (as in to never EVER return) but to make that happen it took high elven magic to literally erase her existence out of every single persons mind...without a worshiper...they go poof ^^

With all the interesting story lines coming out and Lolth doing her thing...there's no way in heck...Eili is staying "dead".

Mytryl died... dead poof uhg yoink dead... she committed suicide the moment before Karsus grabbed the godhead, she used her last act to reincarnate herself as mystra.... mystryl may have done that before.... but during the time of trouble... no mystra died... no half truths, no disappearing.. poof dead. The caster Midnight took the godhead with help from departing mystra and a few others... but the former being that head the power was gone. A new being took over, independent of the other. That is the death of the god in question, the source of their power will remain, but the god itself does not make the power, the power makes the god in FR. Ao's decree doesnt leave room for it any other way. Bane is dead as a doornail, Cyric took his portfolio and took the portfolio Myrkul as I referenced, which was then passed to Kelemvor (well taken by kele and midnight who had taken the name mystra). That alone shows a god dieing, his power being taken by another being, and the power being taken by another being after. Now some of the dead gods powers remain in holy sites and other things but thats power residue rather than an actual god. Banites continued to have powes granted to them, but that was because Cyric wanted to mess with them and try to convert them.

Either way, alot of this stuff was answered by time of troubles as referenced. The question is for El is this... did she walk the realm by choice (to much discomfort from spell plague and alignement shift in home plane) or was she forced out (some of the gods were which makes their deads permanent, but their power vacant). Now in Els case being forced out would have made her power vacant, but she was never worshiped very widely anyway so it was not a large power base or realm to have been found or taken. It may have been usurped or otherwised used by lolth herself in her assent to greater power from lesser. I havent read anything that leads me to believe that happened, but I havent read every fr book, and as has been pointed out to me here before that just because I think something maybe the way it is I cannot say for certain either way because sometimes stuff is referenced that I havent read. But either way gods do die away from their home plane depending on circumstances. Now snuffing a god, godhead, powerbase, and plane of existence all together (complete and irrevocable displacement or destruction of a god and ite entire portfolio) in fr... whole nother kettle of frogs all together.

As for Karsus being alive, no, remanants of his power reside where his avatar fell to earth as referenced by Melegaunt during the Archwizards trillogy when Shade returned to FR. Yet Karsus himself while still worshiped by some Shadovar gratns no clerical powers outside of those drawn from relics or remnants. The only time I know of clerical powers being granted in his name was actually Shar doing it. Once again if theres something that I missed in reference to this I'm happy to be given something new to read :)

cdbd3rd
10-09-2014, 10:21 AM

Does his patronly duty, and applies a liberal coating of post# ending in 777 to make it all betterer. http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/cdbd3rd/cdemotes/makebetter.gif (http://s621.photobucket.com/user/cdbd3rd/media/cdemotes/makebetter.gif.html)

Chewysc
10-09-2014, 10:58 AM
the drow mostly serves as part of the flavor of the build...so PDK could work without too many problems. Just try to come as close to the stats as you can...so the order really is STR, CHA, CON, DEX.

and at the end you only need enough Balance for the SWF line...but max perform, UMD, heal, concentration and spellcraft (pretty much in that order)

Fatesinger is fine...I had more fun in Draconic...then again I just like making all the things go BOOM!

OK cool, I'll keep the above points in mind.

Thanks so much for your build and insight!

MadCookieQueen
10-09-2014, 11:23 AM
we are so derailing this build thread...but boy is this fun ^^ (no seriously...I'm really liking this talk...no sarcasm was hurt during the writing of this post)

Great thing about the Realms...Gods may "die" but they dont' stay that way...usually.

Bane - Faiths and Pantheons 3.5 -

On Midwinter night of 1372 DR, Xvin burst in a conflagration of diabolical green light. From the smoking husk of his remains emerged a newly reinvigorated Bane, his right hand ablaze with green fire. Xvim, it appeared, had been little more than a sentient cocoon.

He may have "died" but that didn't last.

As for Mystra...like I said she's "died" so many times it has to be an attention thingy. However the moving of her mantle, I consider it to be akin to moving around her being only in someway keeps her alive. the body doesn't matter, the power and her Chosen...they matter in keeping her effectively "alive"

I don't also count reincarnation as actual "death" more like a "hey! i'm taking a vacation." (this is all subjective of course...but personal beliefs and interpretations makes for interesting discussion)

and back to Eili -- (she's actually classified as a major deity...in 3.5) I did mention that 4th edition is garbage and in no way do I count her as dead.

So no...not matter what The Lady Pentamajig series penned it...it doesn't exist...she isn't dead...she like many other dieties are on vacation...until Greenwood and company says it's time to go back to work :p

(do you really think they will leave it as Lolth is the ONLY drow deity...making the entire race a slave to her weave? that is lame)

MadCookieQueen
10-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Does his patronly duty, and applies a liberal coating of post# ending in 777 to make it all betterer. http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/cdbd3rd/cdemotes/makebetter.gif (http://s621.photobucket.com/user/cdbd3rd/media/cdemotes/makebetter.gif.html)

Thanks! I was feeling pretty dirty there for a moment.

OK cool, I'll keep the above points in mind.

Thanks so much for your build and insight!

You're welcome! Come back and ask any questions. Good luck and game on!

Xaxx
10-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Ok i have faiths and avatars from second and the faiths 3 book, gotta go read over bane again... not saying your quotes wrong one bit, i just thought bane had been fully killed off. Useful info... and might explain something that happens in sundering book 4....

You seem to to look at the fr gods as the whole, the god and the power behind them. I view the god as the being and the godhead as the power source. So yes the source is hard to destroy, but the god itself not so hard :)

As for ignoring the LP series... well as I said she could be or might not be dead based on what I said earlier, LP doesnt answer that question.... that and LP was kinda *stuff*y anyway. Also yes, alot of stuff put down in 4th ed is being reworked (one of the seven sisters that while never shown dead or had a death scene was writen factually as being dead has shown up already) so they could do alot of things there.

Do I think they'll let Lolth remain the lone drow diety.... theres one sentence in companion codex that should clue you in as to if she's the lone drow diety still kicking... hint... she's not. Whose still around..... not sure... but one sentence says there's atleast one more still around.

Dang it you now I gotta go dig through my books to find my faith books lol.

Oh and sorry didnt mean to disrail your thread.... also if you want bastard sword... twinblade for visual :)... that way you can wield two bastard swords at the same time with swf :) ... though they really dont look to much like a moon blade

MadCookieQueen
10-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Dang it you now I gotta go dig through my books to find my faith books lol.

Ha! Made you read! ;p

Oh and sorry didnt mean to disrail your thread.... also if you want bastard sword... twinblade for visual :)... that way you can wield two bastard swords at the same time with swf :) ... though they really dont look to much like a moon blade

you didn't derail this on your own...admit ti...you had fun ^^

twinblade just doesn't fit the mold for me and Eili did traditionally only carry one...heck it's even in her deity symbol!

Xaxx
10-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Ha! Made you read! ;p

you didn't derail this on your own...admit ti...you had fun ^^

twinblade just doesn't fit the mold for me and Eili did traditionally only carry one...heck it's even in her deity symbol!

Always happy to expand my knowledge base on things.

drnknmnky
10-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi madcookie. Have you tried this as 15 Bard/4 fighter/1 FVS?

I currently run a PDK 15 Bard/ 3 Ftr /2 Rogue.

Just 13 AP in stalwart defender with the shield mastery chain (including legendary twist) gets my current bard an insane amount of PRR, MRR, HPs, and doublestrike. I know they may change this in the future but who knows when and if- so I am rolling with it.

Making this build PDK fighter would add 3 feats. You could probably build it so that strength was just under charisma while you are using Frozen fury but if you want a damage boost pop DM and strength takes over? Would also make it so that if one of your dmg stats (str or cha) gets lowered you wont miss a beat.

The main thing I miss with the way my build is.... sometimes you are surrounded by a bunch of mobs, they aren't really hurting me... but I have to kill them one at a time... Frozen fury and coup makes it faster but man- popping a divine might and cleaving the **** out of them would be fun!! Or maybe take bastard sword proficiency equip a sunblade and start glancing blows? That could possibly be a benefit as soon as you hit 20. Only way I can see getting glancing blows while swashbuckling.

Sorry I am all over the place. IF you were going to do PDK 15B/4F/1FVS I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see how you would build it... pretty pretty pretty please!!

PS I am really used to having evasion. Does not having it make it pretty hard at first?

MadCookieQueen
10-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Hi madcookie. Have you tried this as 15 Bard/4 fighter/1 FVS?

Hi! I haven't tried that split...I do run a 15 bard / 4 FVS / 1 fighter: Keidara the Firestarter (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/448953-Keidara-the-Firestarter)

I currently run a PDK 15 Bard/ 3 Ftr /2 Rogue.

Just 13 AP in stalwart defender with the shield mastery chain (including legendary twist) gets my current bard an insane amount of PRR, MRR, HPs, and doublestrike. I know they may change this in the future but who knows when and if- so I am rolling with it.

They might make this change in the future or they may not. I try to not get attached to a game mechanic that has been publicly stated by the devs that it shouldn't be working. I know it can take years before they fix it, but I also know my luck...if I become dependent..it'll get fixed ^^

Making this build PDK fighter would add 3 feats. You could probably build it so that strength was just under charisma while you are using Frozen fury but if you want a damage boost pop DM and strength takes over? Would also make it so that if one of your dmg stats (str or cha) gets lowered you wont miss a beat.

It would also make me a hideous half orc in human skin...bleh...

I know PDK has an ability, Cormyrean Knight Training, that if strength gets higher than charisma they lose a pile of tactical DCs. So you'd actually hurt yourself by popping your strength up. So if you do PDK, you'd want to be CHA based to max out the Frozen Fury DC and the bonus from 1/3 of you CHA modifer as tactical DCs could keep you with a respectable Stunning Blow.

So, yes, you'd skip several beats in trying to juggle STR to CHA with tactical DCs on the line.

The main thing I miss with the way my build is.... sometimes you are surrounded by a bunch of mobs, they aren't really hurting me... but I have to kill them one at a time... Frozen fury and coup makes it faster but man- popping a divine might and cleaving the **** out of them would be fun!! Or maybe take bastard sword proficiency equip a sunblade and start glancing blows? That could possibly be a benefit as soon as you hit 20. Only way I can see getting glancing blows while swashbuckling.

I couldn't justify the feat expenditure for glancing blows...if I'm taking bastard sword...I'm wielding a bastard sword ^^ Though I see the appeal in doing it...with end game as it is...go Celestia.

My other bard (link above) I deal with crowds with some massive AoE damage. My primal scream crits for 2.5k, I energy burst for 4k and go to town...drop in a consecrated ground and a few amoleating strikes and not only is everything dead in seconds...I'm at full health. I find that shot of boom to be quicker in cutting down mobs than DM/Cleave and go to town.

Sorry I am all over the place. IF you were going to do PDK 15B/4F/1FVS I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see how you would build it... pretty pretty pretty please!!

PS I am really used to having evasion. Does not having it make it pretty hard at first?

There isn't much mystery to it...max CHA, Dex to get precision, CON, left over in STR...feats would just add in the shield mastery line and whatever else.

If I find some time I can sketch something out...but that's a big IF...you might want to take a stab at it and post it up (as your own thread) for all other Bards to take a peek at.

Well...before Swashbuckler I could never get my saves up high enough to where evasion actually did anything...so really I can't miss what I didn't have. And I was to playing a Bard back when they were the red headed step child of DDO. =)

Hope some of that helps...game on!

drnknmnky
10-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Hi MCQ!

First off I want to say thank you. Thank you very much for what you and some others are able to do on these forums. I have gone from a complete lack of understanding of almost everything in this game to a somewhat workable understanding of some of this game . LOL. Thank you for the willingness and the patience to explain things without even a hint of condescension. I am enjoying the game so much more than I used to.

What I meant about having str and cha high was that I figured, if both are high and say my cha had a whole bunch of stat dmg once my cha went below str, str would take over and I would still be doing decent dmg. So just with CKT I am not completely screwed if one stat gets completely destroyed. Probably not even a relevant thing.

I think I will understand your builds better if I just start playing one of them. I might as well have an alt instead of just playing one character all the time. I wont know if I will hate not having evasion and trap skills until I try to play without them. I have very little game knowledge of under level 15. I started playing again a few months ago after 3 years away from the game and I didn't know what I was doing back then. I came back to a level 17 , bought the expansions, capped, did an epic reincarnation, true reincarnation to PDK and am now at 27 again. Would you be terribly offended if I sent you some PM questions or asked them maybe in this thread?

MadCookieQueen
10-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Hi MCQ!

First off I want to say thank you. Thank you very much for what you and some others are able to do on these forums. I have gone from a complete lack of understanding of almost everything in this game to a somewhat workable understanding of some of this game . LOL. Thank you for the willingness and the patience to explain things without even a hint of condescension. I am enjoying the game so much more than I used to.

Mission achieved!

Thank you so much for your kind words, glad you're having fun again. that's the goal

What I meant about having str and cha high was that I figured, if both are high and say my cha had a whole bunch of stat dmg once my cha went below str, str would take over and I would still be doing decent dmg. So just with CKT I am not completely screwed if one stat gets completely destroyed. Probably not even a relevant thing.

The damage is one thing...if CHA and STR bounce around you'll still be fun damage wise. the problem is if you want to reasonably rely on Frozen Fury for a melee crowd control. You'll lose 1/3 of your CHA modifer as a bonus to your tactical DCs. That was my only concern. However if you aren't looking at any tactical DC combat abilities then don't sweat it ^^

I think I will understand your builds better if I just start playing one of them. I might as well have an alt instead of just playing one character all the time. I wont know if I will hate not having evasion and trap skills until I try to play without them. I have very little game knowledge of under level 15. I started playing again a few months ago after 3 years away from the game and I didn't know what I was doing back then. I came back to a level 17 , bought the expansions, capped, did an epic reincarnation, true reincarnation to PDK and am now at 27 again. Would you be terribly offended if I sent you some PM questions or asked them maybe in this thread?

once upon a time...

I used to insist on a few things for all my toons...toughness and 2 rogue levels (evasion and traps)...then one day I really started studying the game mechanics and math and whatnot and realized that at the end of the day for some characters it just doesn't makes sense.

I was too busy trying to diversify the toons when in reality I did better with a narrow scope and making those few things even better. Sure sometimes it's annoying to not have the ability to do traps or evasion...but when I get a chance to do things like have amazing stunning blow or a higher powered AoE effect...I don't miss it.

Yeah...make another toon and try things out...take it to 20...if you like the toon...keep it and go forward. If you don't like it...well make it a mule or just TR into something else you like to try. I got one toon that "accidentally" was 1/2 to completionist because she was my experimental toon. I still experiment with her...and it's fun!

Ask all the questions you want...I'll be here!

Good luck and game on!

butlerfamilywa
01-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I know it doesn't really fit the flavor, but by going through your build and thinking of it in the light of 16/2/2 Bard/FvS/Barb, with Barb Rage for a total of 7 Str & 4 Con instead of just 4 Str.

When endgame are we not raged?

Don't get me wrong, I love bardic rage as it sits atm, however by using barbarian, you trade 1 feat, 2 bard levels (mostly useless except for???) and gain the ability to start 1 to 3 points lower in Str at start, saving 3 to 7 starting Stat Points for distribution elsewhere...

Was just a wandering thought through my head, have you given it much thought yourself?

Andoris
01-08-2015, 01:17 PM
I know it doesn't really fit the flavor, but by going through your build and thinking of it in the light of 16/2/2 Bard/FvS/Barb, with Barb Rage for a total of 7 Str & 4 Con instead of just 4 Str.

Don't get me wrong, I love bardic rage as it sits atm, however by using barbarian, you trade 1 feat, 2 bard levels (mostly useless except for???) and gain the ability to start 1 to 3 points lower in Str at start, saving 3 to 7 starting Stat Points for distribution elsewhere...

Was just a wandering thought through my head, have you given it much thought yourself?

This ability to cast spells and use abilities (not allowed under barb rage) is worth more than 56 hit points and 1 point of base damage, imo.

MadCookieQueen
01-08-2015, 01:19 PM

I have actually considered a Barb/Bard combo...just never got it down on paper (though Pretty Hate Machine does sound like a cool build...and a pretty awesome NIN CD).

The problem is with Barbarian Rage over Skaldic Rage is the fact that when using Barbarian rage you cannot cast spells, wands, clickies, etc. Even then it's short lived, but long enough to stop any burst healing from happening, which might be more trouble than it's worth.

I personally wouldn't trade in a permanent stat increase for a temporary one. giving up, up to 3 points of base STR, isn't something I would want to do, because it will bring me down 1 DC and some damage dealing. I know that it doesn't seem like a whole lot, but as any DC caster can tell you, 1 DC does matter, in a numbers game.

and ultimately...it would be a major deviation of Ellie...so whereas I can justify swapping to FVS over genre Cleric...I don't think I could still call her the Avatar of Eilistraee with barbarian levels in there ^^

Like all things I encourage you to try it, if you have some base ideas for stats and things, post them up. As long as you are happy with what you play...that is all that matters.

Good luck and game on!

butlerfamilywa
01-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Point taken :)

As for a weapon design/look...

Take a look at Tesyus from Black Anvil Mines to use as a Glamour over your Thunderholme Shortsword.

Yes it is a Longsword, however it looks like a Bastard sword. It sticks a good 1/2 of its body above the drow's head while blocking, and looks better than the Celestia imho.

With Glamours, it doesn't matter the base item, so look as it looks right :)

I paired this with the Bijio shield of legends, as the description stated it was a drow ceremonial shield.

Looks quite good together actually. (Glamoured Shortsword & Buckler)

The wiki doesn't show the white pure good glow around the weapon by default.

MadCookieQueen
01-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Point taken :)

As for a weapon design/look...

Take a look at Tesyus from Black Anvil Mines to use as a Glamour over your Thunderholme Shortsword.

Yes it is a Longsword, however it looks like a Bastard sword. It sticks a good 1/2 of its body above the drow's head while blocking, and looks better than the Celestia imho.

With Glamours, it doesn't matter the base item, so look as it looks right :)

I paired this with the Bijio shield of legends, as the description stated it was a drow ceremonial shield.

Looks quite good together actually. (Glamoured Shortsword & Buckler)

The wiki doesn't show the white pure good glow around the weapon by default.

You'll have to post up a screenie of your set up. ^^

That's one of the things I like about the Glamours it gives you the look you want...and after all...looking cool is that matters...right?

GMoneyMackDaddy
05-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Been away for a couple years... now back on the DDO scene.

Love Ellis build! I have a lvl 28 Bard now of my own that i do like.

Have the Ellis build up to lvl 13 now and rocking the STR and love it!

Anyone still play this type of build?