PDA

View Full Version : Suggested new quests in existing wilderness areas

Bonulino
01-28-2014, 12:19 PM
I would like to see a quest in Searing Heights that involves the Sulatar Drow. Perhaps the entrance could be within their village. Perhaps you could protect them from invasion by the Blood Tide Pirates.

I would like to see a high, maybe epic, quest in Tangleroot Gorge. One idea I had in mind is a Hobgoblin whom you meet in the One-Eared Bugbear Inn. He is looking for adventurers to help rescue his wife and children, who have been kidnapped by Troglodytes. Once you enter the quest, he joins the group (perhaps a mechanism could be implemented so that he appears as a party member) and very competently helps with the fighting. After appropriate battles, the family is located. They grab weapons from dead Troglodytes and also join the party as competent fighters. Your team and the Hobgoblin family go on to battle the end boss (the head Troglodyte?). I envision that getting at least one of the wife and children back out alive constitutes a win. Getting them all out alive grants a nice optional bonus.

Saekee
01-28-2014, 01:18 PM
I would like to see a quest in Searing Heights that involves the Sulatar Drow. Perhaps the entrance could be within their village. Perhaps you could protect them from invasion by the Blood Tide Pirates.

I would like to see a high, maybe epic, quest in Tangleroot Gorge. One idea I had in mind is a Hobgoblin whom you meet in the One-Eared Bugbear Inn. He is looking for adventurers to help rescue his wife and children, who have been kidnapped by Troglodytes. Once you enter the quest, he joins the group (perhaps a mechanism could be implemented so that he appears as a party member) and very competently helps with the fighting. After appropriate battles, the family is located. They grab weapons from dead Troglodytes and also join the party as competent fighters. Your team and the Hobgoblin family go on to battle the end boss (the head Troglodyte?). I envision that getting at least one of the wife and children back out alive constitutes a win. Getting them all out alive grants a nice optional bonus.

This is a great way to expand content--add walkups to already existing wilderness areas.

harry-pancreas
01-28-2014, 01:46 PM
/signed searing heights quest(s)

Bogenbroom
01-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Funny that you mention that. Long before Tangleroot was made an explorer area I had assumed the bugbear area was the sight of a quest-to-come.

Even beyond Searing Heights and Tangleroot, how about places like The Shrouded Vale, The Path to Whisperdoom, The Black Anvil Forest, and the Pool of Reflection. Those are all heavily unused areas and all could have extra content added to them. Particularly the first and last... or for that matter, they could all be revamped into a single explorer area.

On a similar topic, though, I was thinking the the original 4 houses seem like they could use a new quest here and there to fill them out and spice them up a bit. House J, in particular, feels like it has been long abandoned.

bsquishwizzy
01-29-2014, 03:33 PM

The only problem with that idea is that you have to wipe out half of the village getting to the quest to save the village.

Talk about an existential conundrum...

I wholeheartedly agree that Tangleroot could stand a new quest set. Likewise, Cerulean Hills and Searing Heights are begging to be expanded.

Teh_Troll
01-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Come on folks . .. the Underdark. This explorer area is AWESOME . . . and empty. you could put like a whole expansion in there.

xaul17
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
This is interesting... I was just talking to a guildy about the same thing.

Searing Heights could use a new quest or two imo, make it part of the sentinels pack even...
King's Forest could use a few walk ups, lots of land, love the encounters, but it's a lot of ground to cover for only 3 quests
The Underdark - Yes, by all means, 1 side quest in this massive place? The devs certainly put a lotta work into this place, but it feels wasted.
Ataraxia's Haven - Can walk 10 feet to the first quest, the other one you can practically just swim to and avoid the whole place. This one even has a tavern in it, filled with goodies... but it too feels like a waste.
Restless Isles - I don't need to comment on how THIS one can be improved.

Take a lesson from Sands and GH - Those are two places in the game that I feel are perfectly balanced. Lots of land, they have their few main quests and a ton of walk ups.

arkonas
01-30-2014, 12:40 AM
i really do like this idea. this gives the devs ideas to throw out some random quests or even add some that can add up to a story of some sort. there are lot's of areas to expand on. i would like to see more be added. Underdark for sure. one quest in there. Come on i really want to see more in there. There is so much you can do in there. What about the fire dragon living in there. there is so much to do. or the priestess who lost her house. so much.

Visual_Nobu
01-30-2014, 06:06 AM
Yep great idea, many wilderness are not used much, like underdark and searing heingts

FranOhmsford
01-30-2014, 06:44 AM
Take a lesson from Sands and GH - Those are two places in the game that I feel are perfectly balanced. Lots of land, they have their few main quests and a ton of walk ups.

Seriously?

Sands has that Massive Crevasse with absolutely NOTHING at the end of it!

You could fit a whole bunch of Walkup Caves down there and another 50-100 Mobs to Slay!

GH on the other hand is pretty full of quests BUT that Huge Slayer Zone feels so d@rn EMPTY!

FranOhmsford
01-30-2014, 06:47 AM
to this place, but it feels wasted.
Ataraxia's Haven - Can walk 10 feet to the first quest, the other one you can practically just swim to and avoid the whole place. This one even has a tavern in it, filled with goodies... but it too feels like a waste.

Most of that supposed "Swim" is actually a slog through ankle deep water!

The Haven could def do with at least one more quest I agree but it's such a small zone that I can only assume that that quest would have to be placed in the Spa itself!

Dielzen
01-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Restless Isles needs more quests that are so hard to get to people skip them.

Panzermeyer
01-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Come on folks . .. the Underdark. This explorer area is AWESOME . . . and empty. you could put like a whole expansion in there.

/signed ad infanitum. cannot endorse this more.

At the very least. Add more monsters and more explorer points and perhaps even some of those random encounters like is in king's forest.

This is simply one of THE best explorer areas in the game.

And I do sign the idea of just added side quests to existing explorer areas. That is a ton of GOOD older content that just need some love.