PDA

View Full Version : Update 21 second look

Produktion_Malphunktion
01-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Coming up this weekend: The Divine Crusader. From the developer notes: The Divine Crusader is a righteous warrior who purifies and consecrates the ground he walks on and deals with evil head on. Through a mix of melee power, offensive spell power and auras, and aggressive debuffing, the Divine Crusader will be a viable melee damage dealing option in the Divine Epic Destiny sphere.

We decided that we will keep Haunted Halls off this week, after all the great feedback we received from last weekend, the devs need some time to adjust the changes. I plan on having it open next week for everyone.

More details to come!

MajorMal

PsychoBlonde
01-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Coming up this weekend: The Divine Crusader. From the developer notes: The Divine Crusader is a righteous warrior who purifies and consecrates the ground he walks on and deals with evil head on. Through a mix of melee power, offensive spell power and auras, and aggressive debuffing, the Divine Crusader will be a viable melee damage dealing option in the Divine Epic Destiny sphere.

Hmm. Could be cool, could be less-than-cool. We shall see. In any case it'll be nice to have an additional option for farming divine epic lives.

Correlan
01-28-2014, 10:43 AM

We decided that we will keep Haunted Halls off this week, after all the great feedback we received from last weekend, the devs need some time to adjust the changes. I plan on having it open next week for everyone.

More details to come!

MajorMal

Are you planning to revisit the other 2 destinies in this sphere before U21 launch?

Munkenmo
01-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Through a mix of melee power, offensive spell power and auras, and aggressive debuffing, the Divine Crusader will be a viable melee damage dealing option in the Divine Epic Destiny

LOL

I doubt it.

JOTMON
01-28-2014, 10:55 AM

More details to come!

MajorMal

Can you give us a detail breakdown of what it actually gives..

Sardonica
01-28-2014, 10:55 AM
The Divine Crusader is a righteous warrior who purifies and consecrates the ground she walks on and deals with evil head on.

ftfy

Eager to try this out. And how about some cosmetic armors that will make her look more like Jeanne d'Arc (instead of Jenna Jameson)?

Flavilandile
01-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Sorry to nag MajMal: are you fixing the Character Copy Tool before that ?

Seikojin
01-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Character copy is pretty useless because gear, as important as it is, is manageable in the dojo. And you can tr and bypass in the dojo.

I hope the destiny is cool. I see it as pushing fvs higher as a soloable class.

rest
01-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Character copy is pretty useless because gear, as important as it is, is manageable in the dojo. And you can tr and bypass in the dojo.

How long are people supposed to spend getting their characters close to what they have on live? Any time more than it takes to copy a character over is too long.

xaul17
01-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Coming up this weekend: The Divine Crusader.

I like the name you chose. Fits in with my guild perfectly :-D

Cannot wait to test it! But what about Thunderholme? Will it be closed as well this weekend?

Marten
01-28-2014, 01:00 PM
The Divine Crusader. The Divine Crusader is a righteous warrior who purifies and consecrates the ground he walks on and deals with evil head on. Through a mix of melee power, offensive spell power and auras, and aggressive debuffing, the Divine Crusader will be a viable melee damage dealing option in the Divine Epic Destiny sphere.

MajorMal

Yet a 3rd melee based divine destiny?!

http://imageshack.com/a/img31/5038/s8om.jpg

Grumpy Cat is pleased they did not put in a pure caster-healer destiny, but I am not.

danotmano1998
01-28-2014, 01:06 PM
I thought the overwhelming response of folks was to make this a divine casting tree with dc boosts and such..
This doesn't sound like that at this point..

Looking forward to seeing what it brings to the table, however.
Hopefully it will take some of the sting out of not being able to get divine disciple on a FvS?

LightBear
01-28-2014, 01:27 PM

More details to come!

MajorMal

Thx for giving Paladins something to strive for, a least I think it fits Paladins but I could be dead wrong.

Kanuk
01-28-2014, 01:45 PM
More details to come!

MajorMal

Waiting....

Was happily surprised with haunted halls, but you are keeping my hopes low for the new ED!

Satyriasys
01-28-2014, 01:46 PM
So every class gets an epic destiny accept Artificer and Cleric but Paladin get 2? makes sense...

Pentaur-Silvermane
01-28-2014, 02:38 PM
So every class gets an epic destiny accept Artificer and Cleric but Paladin get 2? makes sense...

I will never understand turbines logic...

Very disapointing to hear about yet another melee based ED...

slarden
01-28-2014, 03:20 PM

Grumpy Cat is pleased they did not put in a pure caster-healer destiny, but I am not.

There is currently a divine non-dc casting destiny and a tank destiny. This is supposed to be a dps destiny I think. Plus 2 more fate points I think.

oradafu
01-28-2014, 03:22 PM

From the feedback I've heard from the Devs, fixing the Paladin's enahncement trees are a no-go, so it looks like they are using the Divine Sphere to shore up the weaknesses of the class instead. Unfortunately, core problems with the paladins aren't fixed this way since that means paladins need to stay in those EDs for basic things like more (and hopefully fixed so they are faster) Smites.

PsychoBlonde
01-28-2014, 03:26 PM
How long are people supposed to spend getting their characters close to what they have on live? Any time more than it takes to copy a character over is too long.

Why in the world do you need to be "close to what you are on live" in order to try out stuff? There's such a thing as normal difficulty and wilderness areas, you know. You don't need a completionist toon with +5 tomes to spend a few hours blowing things up.

Nothing like running a new quest on a baby toon with random enchant gear and no ship buffs.

ArcaneArcher52689
01-28-2014, 03:26 PM

Which of the other two do you consider "melee based"

Exalted angel has exactly 3 melee oriented abilities. And one of them is a core, Blessed blades. The only thing the tree is really missing would be if it had +1 Transmutation/evocation DC at lvl 1/3/5 cores. Really, that's all it needs to be a good casting tree.

Unyielding sentinel has a few more, but it's a Defense-oriented tree. You can't compare it's melee capabilities to FOTW, LD, GMoF, PA, or even fatesinger... That's not the same as a melee tree. In fact, a caster might even be better off in this tree than a melee. At least they can take enemies down with spells and use the defense to stay alive.

redspecter23
01-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Why in the world do you need to be "close to what you are on live" in order to try out stuff? There's such a thing as normal difficulty and wilderness areas, you know. You don't need a completionist toon with +5 tomes to spend a few hours blowing things up.

Nothing like running a new quest on a baby toon with random enchant gear and no ship buffs.

It may not apply to early peeks such as what we saw last week, but there is quite a lot to be learned from playing on a test server with the same toons you'd play it on live. Yes, normal is an option for testing, but that doesn't help balancing EE content. Using carbon copies of live characters allows for accurate testing of content because you have a basis for comparison.

Teh_Troll
01-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Djetails Meh!

EllisDee37
01-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Exalted angel [...] The only thing the tree is really missing would be if it had +1 Transmutation/evocation DC at lvl 1/3/5 cores. Really, that's all it needs to be a good casting tree.My DC caster cleric uses necromancy as his primary school, with enchantment and evocation secondary.

Jasparion
01-28-2014, 07:35 PM
My DC caster cleric uses necromancy as his primary school, with enchantment and evocation secondary.

What is your standing Necro DC? What about Enchant and Evocation?

Munkenmo
01-28-2014, 07:44 PM

I like playing on EE, I want to make sure EE is balanced towards fully geared past lived characters with +5 tomes. I want a first life well geared player to be able to contribute to EE in a full and otherwise well geared party.

It is impossible to test for that balance on a dojo equipped toon.

Produktion_Malphunktion
01-28-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: Character Copy. It is on the plate, but out of QA/Dev hands. I'll see if some burning pitch will get any results tomorrow.
Same goes for in game bug report sadly.

rest
01-28-2014, 09:59 PM

I don't run EN. Why would they have me test something at a level I don't do?

Vellrad
01-28-2014, 10:02 PM
I will never understand turbines logic...

Very disapointing to hear about yet another melee based ED...

Never understood logic behind needing to match EDs with corresponding classes.

Cleanincubus
01-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Wow, that's pretty lame. Actually having something worth previewing on Lamannia (Haunted Halls), might entice more people to log on and test the new Epic Destiny Sphere as well.

Ancient
01-29-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Character Copy. It is on the plate, but out of QA/Dev hands. I'll see if some burning pitch will get any results tomorrow.

That would be nice. My main toon is at the EE level, and trying to reproduce that via the dojo simply takes too long, too many reincs and the epic level gear on the floor is several years old.

Flavilandile
01-29-2014, 01:49 AM

I would say that if you need to chose between the two Character copy is more important.
We can deal with the broken tool, while not being able to test things with our live characters and their equipment create a bias on the test result.
( and I'm not talking of the time it takes to create, level and outfit a LVL 28 character, even with all the amenities in the Dojo. That's time that would be better spent testing things IMHO )

Nascoe
01-29-2014, 04:03 AM
I would say that if you need to chose between the two Character copy is more important.
We can deal with the broken tool, while not being able to test things with our live characters and their equipment create a bias on the test result.
( and I'm not talking of the time it takes to create, level and outfit a LVL 28 character, even with all the amenities in the Dojo. That's time that would be better spent testing things IMHO )

I agree with that too. And its not even about power (although that is pretty important for the new content as well, to avoid it being either far too hard or not fun boring), nor about the time needed to make a character with gear and past lives.

We have seen time and again that some things in certain equipment (especially if its older or maybe crafted in specific ways), in certain combinations of feats and enhancements or twists, spells etc, can lead to unwanted effects and bugs. If characters on the test server all have more or less the same equipment (from the dojo), hardly any crafted stuff (who would bother making them on Lamannia - where to get the ingredients from?) and only currently viable builds - why build something different from scratch - it takes away part of the function of finding bugs.

taurean430
01-29-2014, 04:22 AM

More details to come!

MajorMal

So MajorMal,

The feedback that was overwhelmingly given in the thread regarding the new divine destiny detailed a greater player need for additions/revisions that would assist dc casting. Was this feedback heard/read? And, if we cannot have this addressed while the dev team is adding a new destiny; can we expect to see something being done with Exalted Angel to address these concerns?

EllisDee37
01-29-2014, 04:36 AM
What is your standing Necro DC? What about Enchant and Evocation?Not EE-worthy, but that's fine as I don't run EE. However, there is at least one forumite who does run a necro cleric for EEs. I believe he reported 64 or 65 (in that area) for his necro DC.

SirValentine
01-29-2014, 05:26 AM
Exalted angel
<snip>
The only thing the tree is really missing would be if it had +1 Transmutation/evocation DC at lvl 1/3/5 cores. Really, that's all it needs to be a good casting tree.

A slightly better casting tree than at present, sure, but that alone wouldn't make it a "good" casting tree. It still wouldn't be comparable to, say, Magister.
- Spell Pen. Divines are way behind arcanes on Spell Pen. A Magister arcane can be, say, 5 points ahead from EDs, plus another 2 from arcane-only-gear.
- The -10 mob save debuff makes equal DCs vastly more effective for the arcane.
- The 15% cool-down reduction is also a big boost in effectiveness for arcanes.
- Your proposal has basically no flexibility, either. I've never run into a heavily Transmutation-specced divine, so that would be mainly aimed at Evoc divines? What about generalists, or Necro-specced?

Qhualor
01-29-2014, 08:43 AM

Just a friendly suggestion. If you want proper feedback, I would make it so these 2 things are working properly before bringing up Lammania and asking people to participate.

Teh_Troll
01-29-2014, 08:46 AM
A slightly better casting tree than at present, sure, but that alone wouldn't make it a "good" casting tree. It still wouldn't be comparable to, say, Magister.

LOLz . . . Magister sucks.

Kawai
01-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Cant wait to see how this works with FuryShot!
/signed -RangerX

Cant wait to see my SP & DCs!
/signed -Sorcie LeCastersen

i'll have splash too pls! :)
/signed -MonkyPonkeriffic

-----

all ur destiny r belong 2 us!

-----

mumble grumble grog & snort!
/not signed -anonymouseclicker >:|

Silverleafeon
01-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Looking forward to seeing what you have...

Xoriat Server produce your stuff...adventurers to arms...the world of chaos opens its doors again...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ldBYwlWQL.jpg

Silverleafeon
01-29-2014, 09:18 AM
LOLz . . . .
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OyJVOGJlZJk/TiBbu4KqEZI/AAAAAAAACuQ/d5oxjb41E1E/s320/poohletters.jpg

http://ddowiki.com/images/Nullmagic_Strike.gif

http://ddowiki.com/images/Spell_School_Augmentation.gif

Seikojin
01-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Just a friendly suggestion. If you want proper feedback, I would make it so these 2 things are working properly before bringing up Lammania and asking people to participate.

Really?! Proper =/= copies of live. Proper does = doing the new content.

FYI, it is easier for them to add loot to a test server than it would be to fix character copy issues.

Kers
01-29-2014, 10:32 AM

Please add the ability to delete a stale Lama character and re-copy a fresh version of it.

Silverleafeon
01-29-2014, 11:04 AM
I assume this is still the best way to load the Xoriat server:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376688-How-to-Access-Lamannia
?

Pandora's Box may be bugging out on me, again...
Guess, I'll restart and see what happens.

Shorlong
01-29-2014, 11:07 AM

FYI, it is easier for them to add loot to a test server than it would be to fix character copy issues.

I have given up fighting this. They won't see reason. They want to play their characters the way they are on live. Because to them, it's about playing it and beating it easily, not about finding the bugs. I, myself, spent 30 minutes making a basic toon, somethign similar to one of my toons on live. I went to the AH and bought some GH stuff, saw that Cordovan was going to be online giving stuff out. Picked up a raiders box, a couple things of gear. Went into the store and got a +4 tome with my free points...Then I ran content. Total time spent, again, was around 30-40 minutes. I did just fine in the new content, didn't need a ton of past lives to do so (granted, I don't need a ton, or ANY past lives to do EE on live currently...)

Silverleafeon
01-29-2014, 11:09 AM
There we go, only 6 hours and 47 minutes left...hopefully this will work.
Otherwise, there goes any chance at all...

SirValentine
01-29-2014, 11:29 AM
LOLz . . . Magister sucks.

I didn't say how good or bad Magister is; but if you're focused on DC-casting, Magister does more for an arcane than EA does for a divine.

Cleanincubus
01-29-2014, 11:51 AM
I assume this is still the best way to load the Xoriat server:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376688-How-to-Access-Lamannia
?

Pandora's Box may be bugging out on me, again...
Guess, I'll restart and see what happens.

When Lamannia is actually up, yes.

Qhualor
01-29-2014, 12:16 PM

I'm not going to spend the time making a mirror image of my live characters. Really, what is the issue with being against character copy being fixed? Its not just about running content. Its about running content with characters that will typically be running that content. You really think that the majority of players will be running the content on characters that are first lifers and with dojo gear? There is other things to check out on Lammania besides running content. I prefer to give a more thorough feedback than an inadequate one.

Qhualor
01-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I have given up fighting this. They won't see reason. They want to play their characters the way they are on live. Because to them, it's about playing it and beating it easily, not about finding the bugs. I, myself, spent 30 minutes making a basic toon, somethign similar to one of my toons on live. I went to the AH and bought some GH stuff, saw that Cordovan was going to be online giving stuff out. Picked up a raiders box, a couple things of gear. Went into the store and got a +4 tome with my free points...Then I ran content. Total time spent, again, was around 30-40 minutes. I did just fine in the new content, didn't need a ton of past lives to do so (granted, I don't need a ton, or ANY past lives to do EE on live currently...)

Right. We want to play our characters the way they are on live because that's what we will be using. Not some fresh character with some of the gear. You can still find bugs with powerful characters and who knows, maybe there is a certain ED, piece of named gear or something that doesn't play well in the new content. Generalized feedback is fine, but how about details?

redspecter23
01-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Character copy seems to be an extremely difficult and time consuming thing to keep going with any consistency. I'd suggest putting some work into streamlining the system now instead of taking what seems to be 100's of manhours each and every time it needs to be used.

Flavilandile
01-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Went into the store and got a +4 tome with my free points...

When Store is not Broken... it was broken for me for the whole week end.

And as stated there are items and other various weird combinations that cannot be made anymore ( typical example try to make a cleric without choosing a deity ) that can be copied from live but cannot be recreated.

And it takes more than 30 minutes to create and outfit a character, way longer than 30 minutes.

Last it's not about power, it's about knowing how things are supposed to work with a known quantity ( our characters ) so we can tell if it's too much or not enough.
If we do that with a character we pulled out of nowhere and equipped with whatever we managed to scrap from AH and on the ground in the Dojo the result won't be reliable.

rest
01-29-2014, 01:33 PM

40 minutes spent building a character is 40 minutes less people get to test. It's all well and good if you want to waste your time doing it. I'm not going to.

irnimnode
01-29-2014, 02:57 PM
would be nice to see an early opening

Kik97
01-29-2014, 04:21 PM

If the burning pitch doesn't work, threaten to break out the heavy artillery: Meteorswarms and Cometfalls.

Silverleafeon
01-29-2014, 04:26 PM
2 hours left, I'll probably start with a new toon this weekend to begin with.

Fawngate is so powerful anymore...maybe I'll try to copy her later...

Titan18
01-29-2014, 11:20 PM
When is Level 30 coming?

Eth
01-30-2014, 04:36 AM
40 minutes spent building a character is 40 minutes less people get to test. It's all well and good if you want to waste your time doing it. I'm not going to.

This. Please fix the character copy tool.

mikarddo
01-30-2014, 04:36 AM
When is Level 30 coming?

4th update of 2014 so probably around November

JOTMON
01-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Please add the ability to delete a stale Lama character and re-copy a fresh version of it.

Its a test server
No reason for the character copy to fail because character already exists.
Shouldn't have to delete a toon then wait for the system to recognize that it is gone so you can re-copy.
just overwrite . simple.

Pentaur-Silvermane
01-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Its a test server
No reason for the character copy to fail because character already exists.
Shouldn't have to delete a toon then wait for the system to recognize that it is gone so you can re-copy.
just overwrite . simple.

Your aware this is turbine right? they never do anything simple...=P

irnimnode
01-30-2014, 01:22 PM
got all the updates but still showing world closed wondering if it will be open sometime soon today?

joker922
01-31-2014, 06:56 AM
Or would that make too much sense?

JOTMON
01-31-2014, 08:51 AM
Your aware this is turbine right? they never do anything simple...=P

Sad but true..

They could use a KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) co-ordinator..

moo_cow
01-31-2014, 01:29 PM
Sorc scroll mastery still isn't fixed?

morqual
01-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Quite worried about the changes to Unyielding Sentinel - especially the Intolerant Blows change. This gives approximately a third of the threat generated in a minute than the current live version, albeit for the use of one smite rather than 3.

I know that the Devs may change it again, but in this form this will cause tanks to become even more difficult to build - if not impossible. Its already extremely difficult to keep up with the DPS churned out by almost every other toon.

Please Devs - rethink.

MangLord
01-31-2014, 09:35 PM
How is there no healing-heavy destiny for divines? Why keep pushing weak melee capabilities when what a healer cleric really wants is to not get drunk off sp pots trying to heal EE? Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Some great features for a healing-heavy destiny would be boosts to healing aura, shortening the cooldown on healing spells (you guys did this for Unyeilding Sentinel's tactical abilities. Halving the cooldown on mass heal would make healing raids so much easier.) and possibly SP regen or extending echoes of power to 100sp or so as top tier enhancements.

Clerics need a lot of love, and I feel like the designers are making a conscious effort to keep them weak and not enjoyable to play. For such a core class, its hard to play a cleric because divines keep getting swept under the rug. Favored Soul is even worse, because I can't even switch around spells to suit the needs of a specific quest. The new enhancement trees helped some, but if you're going to have enemies hit for 250dam a swing on EE, we need some additional help dealing with that. I noticed my effectiveness as a healer really nosedives after level 22. Maybe the top 5% players can manage easily, but think about the other 95% that love to play and pay to support this game.

MangLord
01-31-2014, 09:40 PM
Quite worried about the changes to Unyielding Sentinel - especially the Intolerant Blows change. This gives approximately a third of the threat generated in a minute than the current live version, albeit for the use of one smite rather than 3.

I know that the Devs may change it again, but in this form this will cause tanks to become even more difficult to build - if not impossible. Its already extremely difficult to keep up with the DPS churned out by almost every other toon.

Please Devs - rethink.

I agree. By the time I got to level 16 with a pure paladin sacred defender, I was all but useless once my intimidate wore off. Sword and board outputs very little damage and there's very few AOE aggro-generating options past cleave, great cleave and maxing out intimidate skill. My actual attacks are more of an annoyance to enemies who barely notice me on their way towards the sorcerer.

In my opinion, tanking is all but useless in this game. You're much better off with two good sources of DPS in the party and a healer with quick reflexes.

Postumus
01-31-2014, 11:14 PM
The new enhancement trees helped some, but if you're going to have enemies hit for 250dam a swing on EE, we need some additional help dealing with that. I noticed my effectiveness as a healer really nosedives after level 22. Maybe the top 5% players can manage easily, but think about the other 95% that love to play and pay to support this game.

If melees and arances can crit for thousands, why can't cleric healing aura get amped up?

lyrecono
02-01-2014, 05:28 PM
From the feedback I've heard from the Devs, fixing the Paladin's enahncement trees are a no-go, so it looks like they are using the Divine Sphere to shore up the weaknesses of the class instead. Unfortunately, core problems with the paladins aren't fixed this way since that means paladins need to stay in those EDs for basic things like more (and hopefully fixed so they are faster) Smites.

tried out the new ED,
part of it not working, melee stuff feels too weak for EE's, atleast on the defender paly and melee cleric.
AoE kills/disables npc's
Why are we testing half finished products?
Also, new quest closed down, when will we non vip's see it on lamania?

MasterAO
02-01-2014, 05:34 PM
tried out the new ED,
part of it not working, melee stuff feels too weak for EE's, atleast on the defender paly and melee cleric.
AoE kills/disables npc's
Why are we testing half finished products?
Also, new quest closed down, when will we non vip's see it on lamania?

I suggest you read the OP here re: your last question.

lyrecono
02-02-2014, 02:02 AM
I suggest you read the OP here re: your last question.

the reason i ask though he stated that was because last week they(the QA dev lady) told me on lam that this week it would be open, bit inconsistent...
oh well, something to look forward to (again) i guess

gabbatastic
02-02-2014, 01:59 PM

I hope the destiny is cool. I see it as pushing fvs higher as a soloable class.

You're joking about the gear, right? The dojo is not only impossible to navigate, it is filled with lowbie **** and most the critical endgame items are missing or 1st tier and a pain to upgrade.

barecm
02-03-2014, 11:25 AM
You're joking about the gear, right? The dojo is not only impossible to navigate, it is filled with lowbie **** and most the critical endgame items are missing or 1st tier and a pain to upgrade.The idea is to test the content, not play your favorite toon on a different server. You can certainly gear up to a reasonable point to run around open areas and the new quests to test things out. I love my live server toon and the time I put in gearing up, but that is not what a preview server is for. There are plenty of items in the AH to use, plus, the devs often log in and drop raid gear. Just do the best with what you have to work with and give feedback. That is why this is even in existence.

Cyr
02-03-2014, 11:45 AM
The idea is to test the content, not play your favorite toon on a different server. You can certainly gear up to a reasonable point to run around open areas and the new quests to test things out. I love my live server toon and the time I put in gearing up, but that is not what a preview server is for. There are plenty of items in the AH to use, plus, the devs often log in and drop raid gear. Just do the best with what you have to work with and give feedback. That is why this is even in existence.

Time spent outside of content is less time spent testing. Players have a limited amount of time for this sort of thing and the more of it you waste having them jump through hoops to get their toons into shape to run the new stuff the less the new stuff gets run.

Many do not bother and just run their gimped toons.

That leads to less testing of the product and weaker content being released because of it (both quality wise and difficulty wise).

That is bad for the game, because on live people play their real toons and quickly burn through this type of content and worse the little quirks in content are not fixed before release and then the actual possibly difficult stuff has ways to make it not really difficult.

danotmano1998
02-03-2014, 11:52 AM
I don't understand why the character copy tool is so badly broken...??

In this new era of communication and player input, this is one of those things like the bug reporting tool that should ABSOLUTELY be fixed to encourage participation, right?

bennyson
02-03-2014, 12:33 PM
the Divine Crusader will be a viable melee damage dealing option in the Divine Epic Destiny sphere.

We were not asking for a FREAKING MELEE DIVINE!

YOU READ THE FEEDBACK THE WRONG WAY

If I don't see strong spell DC increase options within this destiny, I guess that means you don't even care about half the feedback we players provide.

Until then, my heart is broken!

Simard
02-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Will Divine Crusader be added as a choice under (the divine sphere ancestor) Fatesinger? Not that I've spent any time more than necessary in that destiny, but for completeness it probably should be added.

As a suggestion, it could be passive +1 CHA or WIS, +9 universal spellcraft, and +1 to hit and damage. Inspire courage gives a further +1 to damage and a +1 to all saves.

Seikojin
02-03-2014, 12:38 PM
We were not asking for a FREAKING MELEE DIVINE!

YOU READ THE FEEDBACK THE WRONG WAY

If I don't see strong spell DC increase options within this destiny, I guess that means you don't even care about half the feedback we players provide.

Until then, my heart is broken!

Uh, this destiny is supposed to be divine melee and then the others will get some twearking to make them a bit more caster friendly.

I think it would be better if divine enhancements had as much dc boosting as arcane. I think that would help more.

Seikojin
02-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Will Divine Crusader be added as a choice under (the divine sphere ancestor) Fatesinger? Not that I've spent any time more than necessary in that destiny, but for completeness it probably should be added.

As a suggestion, it could be passive +1 CHA or WIS, +9 universal spellcraft, and +1 to hit and damage. Inspire courage gives a further +1 to damage and a +1 to all saves.

I did not try a pl for it, but I doubt it is there. Not that many, if any of the fatespinners on Lam are working thanks to some bugs.

NaturalHazard
02-08-2014, 04:40 AM
Which of the other two do you consider "melee based"

Exalted angel has exactly 3 melee oriented abilities. And one of them is a core, Blessed blades. The only thing the tree is really missing would be if it had +1 Transmutation/evocation DC at lvl 1/3/5 cores. Really, that's all it needs to be a good casting tree.

Unyielding sentinel has a few more, but it's a Defense-oriented tree. You can't compare it's melee capabilities to FOTW, LD, GMoF, PA, or even fatesinger... That's not the same as a melee tree. In fact, a caster might even be better off in this tree than a melee. At least they can take enemies down with spells and use the defense to stay alive.

Yep.