PDA

View Full Version : New Level 1 Content.

bsquishwizzy
01-24-2014, 03:11 PM
'Cuz I am so sick of Kothos.

Can't we get a new set of Level 1 / Level 2 set of quests for TRs, and VIP? I mean, after all, how many times do I need to save the mayor's daughter?

Livmo
01-24-2014, 03:43 PM
I think it would be fun to have another area like Korthos in Forgotten Realms and make the lower level content center around Kuldahar. I wouldn't mind another ride on Oswald Fiddlebender's airship :) I would like to fight more Yuan-Ti. And it would fun to do a quest for the Heartstone Gem.

Maybe a good place to introduce gnomes?

AzB
01-24-2014, 05:17 PM
FWIW, I got pretty sick of Korthos while chain TR'ing. I started hoarding those exp gems I got in my daily rolls and using them when starting a TR over at 1st level. It's not hard at all to get to 3rd level simply by eating all those gems.

Shadow7375
01-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Korthos is done in like 30 to 45 minutes usually on an elite zerg run, faster even in a group. Harbor takes like what? One hour to complete?

I'd rather have turbine invest their time to program / improve new mid or high level content than level 1 and 2 stuff.

Just my two cents.

Sir_Noob
01-24-2014, 05:42 PM
FWIW, I got pretty sick of Korthos while chain TR'ing. I started hoarding those exp gems I got in my daily rolls and using them when starting a TR over at 1st level. It's not hard at all to get to 3rd level simply by eating all those gems.

Just think how sick the Perma-deather's are of it.
They would welcome a new batch of quests.

I have long advocated that they retire certain quests for periods of time to have them replaced by a new or updated content of the same level.
The now retired quest could recieve an overhaul to freshen it up. In turn returning perhaps the next year later.
New traps, New secret doors new bosses etc.

A new starter area would be cool.

AzB
01-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Just think how sick the Perma-deather's are of it.
They would welcome a new batch of quests.

I have long advocated that they retire certain quests for periods of time to have them replaced by a new or updated content of the same level.
The now retired quest could recieve an overhaul to freshen it up. In turn returning perhaps the next year later.
New traps, New secret doors new bosses etc.

A new starter area would be cool.

I've got a toon in a static group that is very similar to perma death. One of our rules is no metagaming, so TR'ing isn't an option. And seeing how we've been playing over 9 months and have barely gotten to 7th level, I'm thinking it's not an issue. ;)

Uska
01-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Please no I never start and 1st any more

Failedlegend
01-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Please no I never start and 1st any more

Well alot of people do...I have Vet Status 4 & 7 (or 15 if Iconic) sure but all my Non-Iconic TRs start at Lvl 1

I would definitely pay for some new Low Level quests

enochiancub
01-24-2014, 07:54 PM
I'd shell out for some new low-mid level quests in a heartbeat!

SirValentine
01-24-2014, 08:07 PM
I welcome new content at any level. More level 1 content is fine.

I object to removing content. No thank you to "retiring" quests.

Qhualor
01-24-2014, 08:16 PM
whenever I TR, my first and foremost goal is to one and done Korthos so I can get off the island. ive run those quests countless times, not that I haven't with many other quests in other areas of the game, but I just need to get out of there as soon as possible. I wouldn't mind some new level 1/2 quests for something different.

Havok.cry
01-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Would be cool if you start on the airship and get to select one of several destinations to start at.

Failedlegend
01-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Would be cool if you start on the airship and get to select one of several destinations to start at.

I would like to crash over there...can that be arranged pilot :P

Hazelnut
01-25-2014, 11:50 AM
I would like to crash over there...can that be arranged pilot :P

Excuse me pilot, but I heard there is a dragon shooting down airships that get close to Korthos, perhaps we should change course and land at New Cove?

bsquishwizzy
01-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Another possibility is to provide a separate set of quests for people who have TR-ed.

You really don't need the starter gear. Or maybe you do. but you don't need the tutorials.

Most of those quests are made to illustrate some of the quest flavors of the game: protect an NPC, protect a breakable item, finding hidden doors, and so on. TR's and people playing the game for a long time don't need this.

Rusty Longsword? Rusty Mace? Pffth! I've got epic equipment and Greensteel in the bank waiting for me. Why do I need this as a loot drop (Again, part of a tutorial).

Livmo
01-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Another possibility is to provide a separate set of quests for people who have TR-ed.

You really don't need the starter gear. Or maybe you do. but you don't need the tutorials.

Most of those quests are made to illustrate some of the quest flavors of the game: protect an NPC, protect a breakable item, finding hidden doors, and so on. TR's and people playing the game for a long time don't need this.

Rusty Longsword? Rusty Mace? Pffth! I've got epic equipment and Greensteel in the bank waiting for me. Why do I need this as a loot drop (Again, part of a tutorial).

I like your idea of having a TR starter area. We already have that I guess with the airship and getting dropped off in the market. However, it would be fun to have room for a quest or 2.

It would be neato if the starter area was inside the Hall of Heros and the vendors and such conform to the TR experience like lvl 1 Korthos.

I would TR to run quest I've never run b4 if its only avaible when your are fresh off the boat.

Dandonk
01-27-2014, 12:16 PM
This would be cool, but not sure if the development cost would be worth it. Still, it'd be cool.

Memnir
01-27-2014, 12:28 PM
I don't TR, so I don't run much in the way of lvl 1 content these days - but I think this would still be a great option.
Turbine has doubled-down on the hamster wheel concept in terms of keeping the game alive - so I imagine having new sights and options at the extreme low levels would be a very welcome change of pace for most folks.

Not sure it'll ever come to pass, but I'll plunk down my /signed anyways.

Postumus
01-27-2014, 12:28 PM
I like your idea of having a TR starter area.

There is an optional TR starter area: the harbor. Even our PD groups sometimes skip Korthos and start with zero gear in the harbor.

I only run Korthos content every other life or so. And then only to get a quick elite streak going then straight to the harbor.

Loromir
01-27-2014, 12:33 PM
I strictly use Korthos to build up my BB streak...so yea, I still run it...mindlessly. Even on a lvl one toon, it's a snooze on elite...easily completed in 30-45 mins (Mainly due to Misery's Peak boring marathon).

That said....I don't care to see the devs spending more time on anything below level 12 or so.

Azithoth
01-27-2014, 07:59 PM

crystal cove used to be the starting area. perhaps another one like that and when you started it would randomly choose which area you were sent to

only problem with having two starting areas would be new players being divided and having even less others to play and work together learning the game with

biggin
01-28-2014, 01:44 AM
Crystal Cove? I remember my first stater area in the Harbor. Can't remember the names of the quests off hand but they were pretty unforgiving for new players. I can remember trying to get past those first three for a few hours when I first started playing.

How about a wave chain that gives xp per wave so that you could level to 3 or 4 in about a 10-20 minute time span? No running around, no pointless turn ins and even more pointless named loot drops. Kind of like a Devils Assault but faster. But yes, /signed for something, anything other than Korthos.

Sir_Noob
01-29-2014, 08:43 PM
I welcome new content at any level. More level 1 content is fine.

I object to removing content. No thank you to "retiring" quests.

Yeah, retire was the wrong word.

What I was meaning would be to update, fix flaws and improve the older content.

If it gets a constant change do you not think it would help to breathe new life and freshness into the game?

There is a history of content being removed or changed in the game already.

Icywave
01-29-2014, 08:44 PM
'Cuz I am so sick of Kothos.

Can't we get a new set of Level 1 / Level 2 set of quests for TRs, and VIP? I mean, after all, how many times do I need to save the mayor's daughter?

Stack a few XP tokens from rolls and skip it ...

I say having an alternate to Harbor Quests would be nicer :)

arkonas
01-30-2014, 12:36 AM
I strictly use Korthos to build up my BB streak...so yea, I still run it...mindlessly. Even on a lvl one toon, it's a snooze on elite...easily completed in 30-45 mins (Mainly due to Misery's Peak boring marathon).

That said....I don't care to see the devs spending more time on anything below level 12 or so.

although i would love to see a new starter area with some fresh low level stuff. lets get a decent end game going first. then focus on other areas.

TrinityTurtle
01-30-2014, 08:15 AM
I think it would be fun to have another area like Korthos in Forgotten Realms and make the lower level content center around Kuldahar. I wouldn't mind another ride on Oswald Fiddlebender's airship :) I would like to fight more Yuan-Ti. And it would fun to do a quest for the Heartstone Gem.

Maybe a good place to introduce gnomes?

But but but...I remember that dude's driving! He crashed into a GIANT GLACIER! LOL Although, I suppose, that is really good selling point for a starter area in ddo, since the current one we just survived a crashed airship. Good call. If they did do a FR starter point though I would like to see a way for lowbies to get there though, so everyone has choices and can get away from Korthos for a bit. Unless their stupidly favor obsessed like me and would do both anyway. LOL

Postumus
01-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Stack a few XP tokens from rolls and skip it ...

I say having an alternate to Harbor Quests would be nicer :)

Another good way to bypass Korthos.

Honestly there is no need to ever run Korthos for any reason other than farming favor if someone doesn't like the quests. Start in the harbor. Start in the market. Start in Cerulean hills. Run KNR for ten minutes and get to level 3. A myriad of alternatives to Korthos.

I would be very disappointed if a new update came out and all we got were a handful of level 1 quests. No thank you.

Fortunately that isn't remotely what the devs have planned per Rowan's latest interview.