PDA

View Full Version : New Class Idea (Just Think About It)

Demonhalf5
01-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Basically its a class that allows you to have 2 summons and you gain your buffs from letting your summons die off or sacrificing them and also being able to do melee damage so you'll summon stuff and fight with them basically

Okay so while I was reading https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419971-Two-requests-for-summoned-creatures an idea for a new class came to me how about a Summoner/Sacrifice? Since classes that can summon cant have more than 1 summon except palemasters why not make a class that can Summon a pack of 4 wolfs he then sends them out and lets them kill stuff now comes the Sacrificing part once he sees his minions dying he will sacrifice them and gain sneak damage since he summoned wolfs. I'm going to go into more detail now so get ready. Since I cant think of other summons I'm going to use the spells given already like summon:I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII and IX

This class is going to revolve around Summoning and Sacrificing it's also going to be mostly a Melee class with some SP

For his 1st summons he will have the spell Summon Monster I which has: Celestial Dog, Brown Rat, Small Brown Spider he will be able to summon 2 of them at the same time. Lets say he Summoned 2 Celestial Dogs he lets them fight while he stands back (or joins them) once he sees his minions dying he'll then Sacrifice them and gain a damage bonus since he summoned Celestial Dogs (dont know what the number will be but he'll gain a damage bonus). Now lets say he Summoned 2 Brown Rats and then Sacrifice he'll gain a Speed Bonus and Contagion on hit http://ddowiki.com/page/Contagion Now for Small Brown Spider once he sacrifices them he'll gain a reflex and dodge bonus.

Now for Summon Monster II which has Black Widow, Fiendish Bat, Fiendish Monstrous Scorpion for the Black Widow sacrifice bonus he'll gain a dodge bonus and web guard which is when you are hit by an enemy there is a 5% chance of them getting web-ed. For the Fiendish Bat the sacrifice bonus will give him resistance to cold and fire 5, Spell Resistance and for the Fiendish Monstrous Scorpion he'll gain Acid Arrow and Poison on hit.

For Summon Monster III which has Hellhound, Winter Wolf, Air Mephit this will manly be a weapon buff bonus for the Hell Hound sacrifice bonus he'll gain fire damage on his weapons for the Winter Wolf sacrifice bonus he'll gain cold damage on his weapons and for the Air Mephit sacrifice bonus he'll knock down his enemies on a crit.

For Summon Monster IV which has Fiendish Monstrous Spider, Greater Ice Mephit, Lantern Archon. For Fiendish Monstrous Spider he'll gain the same has the Summon Monster II Black Widow just greater instead of 5% it would be 10%. For the Greater Ice Mephit he'll gain cold guard and for the Lantern Archon he'll gain DR/Cold Iron + Evil

For Summon Monster V which lets you summon Bearded Devil, Medium Earth Elemental, Umbral Worg the sacrifice bonuses would be: For the Bearded Devil you get Bleeding Wounds on attacks and resistance to acid and cold for the Medium Earth Elemental you'll gain stone skin and for the Umbral Worg you'll gain STR damage on hit or maybe on crit.

For Summon Monster VI you get Eladrin Bralani, Fiendish Troll, Large Water Elemental. Sacrificing the Eladrin Bralani will grant you the effects of Cyclonic Blast the spell clears away all lingering effects in its path, such as clouds and Wall of Fire of foes. The Fiendish Troll will give you a healing effect 15hp every 1.5mins (duration: of effect unknown) and for the Large Water Elemental on crit you cast Creeping Cold

I'm going to mix Summon Monster VII and VIII on this one You'll only be able to summon two minions on this one witch are Huge Earth Elemental and Bezekira. For the Huge Earth Elemental you'll gain Earth Guard and Stone Skin but 100% more hate and got the Becekira you'll gain Blur and DR / - If you can come up with other ideas on this one post them I'm starting to run out of ideas

And lastly Summon Monster IX which has Eladrin Ghaele, Elder Fire Elemental, or Hezrou but I'm going to be using 2 of them Elder Fire Elemental grants you fire damage and flame aura with 50% more hate and Hezrou grants you str/con size bonus with 150% more hate.

These Ideas Where Made With In An Hour So If They Seem OP My Bad, Post What You Think And Hope You Like My Idea...... :D And If Anything Is Misspelled My Bad I Did This In A Rush

Impaqt
01-17-2014, 02:10 PM
I think blue text needs to die in a fire.

MuleAxe
01-17-2014, 02:15 PM
I think blue text needs to die in a fire.

A bit distracting... I find myself seeing nothing but "sacrifice" when I close my eyes. I blink real fast and want to appease the gods

oradafu
01-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Now with the blue text gone, it appears the OP wants a new class that focuses on buffed Summons while doing some melee. The last class that was made in DDO fits that bill completely: Druid.

Unfortunately, since the Devs messed with the way Summons worked around 2 years ago, they broke them so they no longer survive in Epics. Prior to MOTU, Air elementals and Hezrou used to survive in Epics. Post-MOTU, the summons are lucky to survive the first encounter of a Epic Normal quest... Not to mention the complete quick deaths of summons at level in heroic. And then there's the quicker deaths of the ranger summons.

As for gaining some buffs from the Summons, that would be something new. And I could actually see that being a new prestige/tree for Druids. But it's not really viable in the game right now since the Devs destroyed summons and haven't repaired them in the past two years.

Memnir
01-17-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't think I'd ever play such a class. It sounds more annoying then fun - but maybe that's just me.

Demonhalf5
01-17-2014, 03:04 PM
I don't think I'd ever play such a class. It sounds more annoying then fun - but maybe that's just me.
Its going to be alot more simple the way I'm seeing it is that you only have your summoning spells and your sword and 2 summons.

Demonhalf5
01-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Now with the blue text gone, it appears the OP wants a new class that focuses on buffed Summons while doing some melee. The last class that was made in DDO fits that bill completely: Druid.

Unfortunately, since the Devs messed with the way Summons worked around 2 years ago, they broke them so they no longer survive in Epics. Prior to MOTU, Air elementals and Hezrou used to survive in Epics. Post-MOTU, the summons are lucky to survive the first encounter of a Epic Normal quest... Not to mention the complete quick deaths of summons at level in heroic. And then there's the quicker deaths of the ranger summons.

As for gaining some buffs from the Summons, that would be something new. And I could actually see that being a new prestige/tree for Druids. But it's not really viable in the game right now since the Devs destroyed summons and haven't repaired them in the past two years.

Well since they are so useless then to get their buffs you can Sacrifice or let them die and get buffed but if they die you'll have to be in range to get buffed

SisAmethyst
01-17-2014, 03:10 PM

Jupp, usually Druids are the beast masters in D&D and in DDO they even have a wolf that follows them.

Regarding summoning 4 wolfs, well, in the past there was the possibility to summon more then one but that was quickly changed after players created an army of them.
So will not happen to have more then a pet and summon at the same time.

Demonhalf5
01-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Jupp, usually Druids are the beast masters in D&D and in DDO they even have a wolf that follows them.

Regarding summoning 4 wolfs, well, in the past there was the possibility to summon more then one but that was quickly changed after players created an army of them.
So will not happen to have more then a pet and summon at the same time.

It could just be 2 summons instead of 4. The druid can have 1 summon and 1 pet with this "class" you can have 2 summons instead of 1 pet and 1 summon

Seikojin
01-17-2014, 04:14 PM
I like the current limits for ddo. It would be cool if you could increase pet/summons with augmented summoning, but it still would be a load to balance on both ends. Always thing of a full group.

So currently, you have a party of 6 druids or 6 artificers. They each can do a pet and a summon. That party of 6 now becomes a party of 18. A raid? Party of 12 becomes a party of 36.

I went on a all summoner shroud once and it did not fail and was one of the fastest shrouds due to how quickly things died at any given moment. Players can be smart and debuff enemies so the 12 beholders they summoned can actually stone everything.

Memnir
01-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Its going to be alot more simple the way I'm seeing it is that you only have your summoning spells and your sword and 2 summons.
Yeah, I get that.
I still have to say I don't think I'd play one... sorry.

Lonnbeimnech
01-18-2014, 01:27 AM

I would but it would be 9 druid, 2 monk, 9 summoner, then tr out. I don't think I would actually summon something.

Waaye
01-18-2014, 02:43 AM
Doesn't DDO have a ESRB T rating for 13 years old and up. is "sacrificing" a pet something that should be in a Teen rated game?

Demonhalf5
01-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Doesn't DDO have a ESRB T rating for 13 years old and up. is "sacrificing" a pet something that should be in a Teen rated game?

If you're being serious there already is "sacrificing" in this game, Drow get sacrificed all the time and Drow resemble humans (In a way) and even humans get sacrificed in this game. I'm sure a monster can get sacrificed with out it turning into a M rated game

Annex
01-18-2014, 12:59 PM
This takes the Star Trek Red-shirt to a whole new level. :)

Ungood
01-19-2014, 12:51 PM
I believe that "Sacrificing Minions (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0192.html)" is a feature reserved for Evil Aligned characters and NPC's, as such, I don't see this as such a grand idea for a PC class.

Vellrad
01-19-2014, 01:06 PM
If you're being serious there already is "sacrificing" in this game, Drow get sacrificed all the time and Drow resemble humans (In a way) and even humans get sacrificed in this game. I'm sure a monster can get sacrificed with out it turning into a M rated game

But players are killing evil sacrificers, so its OK.
If players were evil sacrificers it would be bad.

Example:
There's lot of games where players are US soldiers killing Germans during WW2. Theese are rated T. If there would be game with the same level of violence and realism, but players would be Germans killing US soldiers, this would be rated M, or, what's more probable, never published at all.

dunklezhan
01-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Sounds like a buff for a druid tree to me.

Waaye
01-20-2014, 07:17 PM
[...]There's lot of games where players are US soldiers killing Germans during WW2. Theese are rated T[...]

Honestly, I was not aware of any but if you can list some of the titles I will take a look at them. May not matter much, though, because WB will almost certainly interpret the rules conservatively.

harry-pancreas
01-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Basically its a class that allows you to have 2 summons and you gain your buffs from letting your summons die off or sacrificing them and also being able to do melee damage so you'll summon stuff and fight with them basically

Okay so while I was reading https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419971-Two-requests-for-summoned-creatures an idea for a new class came to me how about a Summoner/Sacrifice? Since classes that can summon cant have more than 1 summon except palemasters why not make a class that can Summon a pack of 4 wolfs he then sends them out and lets them kill stuff now comes the Sacrificing part once he sees his minions dying he will sacrifice them and gain sneak damage since he summoned wolfs. I'm going to go into more detail now so get ready. Since I cant think of other summons I'm going to use the spells given already like summon:I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII and IX

This class is going to revolve around Summoning and Sacrificing it's also going to be mostly a Melee class with some SP

For his 1st summons he will have the spell Summon Monster I which has: Celestial Dog, Brown Rat, Small Brown Spider he will be able to summon 2 of them at the same time. Lets say he Summoned 2 Celestial Dogs he lets them fight while he stands back (or joins them) once he sees his minions dying he'll then Sacrifice them and gain a damage bonus since he summoned Celestial Dogs (dont know what the number will be but he'll gain a damage bonus). Now lets say he Summoned 2 Brown Rats and then Sacrifice he'll gain a Speed Bonus and Contagion on hit http://ddowiki.com/page/Contagion Now for Small Brown Spider once he sacrifices them he'll gain a reflex and dodge bonus.

Now for Summon Monster II which has Black Widow, Fiendish Bat, Fiendish Monstrous Scorpion for the Black Widow sacrifice bonus he'll gain a dodge bonus and web guard which is when you are hit by an enemy there is a 5% chance of them getting web-ed. For the Fiendish Bat the sacrifice bonus will give him resistance to cold and fire 5, Spell Resistance and for the Fiendish Monstrous Scorpion he'll gain Acid Arrow and Poison on hit.

For Summon Monster III which has Hellhound, Winter Wolf, Air Mephit this will manly be a weapon buff bonus for the Hell Hound sacrifice bonus he'll gain fire damage on his weapons for the Winter Wolf sacrifice bonus he'll gain cold damage on his weapons and for the Air Mephit sacrifice bonus he'll knock down his enemies on a crit.

For Summon Monster IV which has Fiendish Monstrous Spider, Greater Ice Mephit, Lantern Archon. For Fiendish Monstrous Spider he'll gain the same has the Summon Monster II Black Widow just greater instead of 5% it would be 10%. For the Greater Ice Mephit he'll gain cold guard and for the Lantern Archon he'll gain DR/Cold Iron + Evil

For Summon Monster V which lets you summon Bearded Devil, Medium Earth Elemental, Umbral Worg the sacrifice bonuses would be: For the Bearded Devil you get Bleeding Wounds on attacks and resistance to acid and cold for the Medium Earth Elemental you'll gain stone skin and for the Umbral Worg you'll gain STR damage on hit or maybe on crit.

For Summon Monster VI you get Eladrin Bralani, Fiendish Troll, Large Water Elemental. Sacrificing the Eladrin Bralani will grant you the effects of Cyclonic Blast the spell clears away all lingering effects in its path, such as clouds and Wall of Fire of foes. The Fiendish Troll will give you a healing effect 15hp every 1.5mins (duration: of effect unknown) and for the Large Water Elemental on crit you cast Creeping Cold

I'm going to mix Summon Monster VII and VIII on this one You'll only be able to summon two minions on this one witch are Huge Earth Elemental and Bezekira. For the Huge Earth Elemental you'll gain Earth Guard and Stone Skin but 100% more hate and got the Becekira you'll gain Blur and DR / - If you can come up with other ideas on this one post them I'm starting to run out of ideas

And lastly Summon Monster IX which has Eladrin Ghaele, Elder Fire Elemental, or Hezrou but I'm going to be using 2 of them Elder Fire Elemental grants you fire damage and flame aura with 50% more hate and Hezrou grants you str/con size bonus with 150% more hate.

These Ideas Where Made With In An Hour So If They Seem OP My Bad, Post What You Think And Hope You Like My Idea...... :D And If Anything Is Misspelled My Bad I Did This In A Rush

i stopped reading when i saw the word "sacrifice". Do you think they would do this in a game where we can't be evil ?

Enderoc
04-10-2014, 05:11 AM
i stopped reading when i saw the word "sacrifice". Do you think they would do this in a game where we can't be evil ?

I think its a joke saying how meaningless summoned monsters are. They really should increase in level with the caster.
Maybe change to the next level monster of the same type?

Conjuration and Augment summoning both along with heighten should determine the level of creature you summon...in regards to your level. Take in consideration Druidic past lives etc.

If it can be charmed they should be able to be summoned, using a more random table that generates stronger creatures on the norm by the feats spent...in some kind of formula that includes caster and spell level in the mix. In this way the higher level the summoning spell along with the feats taken perhaps enhancements etc... it will increase or decrease the level of monster spawned.

If the monster is too high a level a diplomacy check should be made to see if it becomes too chaotic to control. In which case a charm attempt must be made on a fail or its kill or be killed.

Uska
04-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Nothing fun there for me.