PDA

View Full Version : ICE vs FIRE vs AIR vs ACID - Evoc Sorc

Icywave
01-15-2014, 04:53 PM
To your knowledge and experience, which Savant has the most damage output?

And is it significant, or simply a +/- 3-5% or so.

I've been playing Ice for a while, but willing to change if this means a major gain in damage output.

Thanks ahead of time for your views on the matter.

Jasparion
01-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Depends on what level, and what sort of timeframe.

Shiradi Fire Sorc with some FvS levels for never ending Pew-Pew can pump out a huge amount of damage over time - because they never run out of SP.

Fire / Ice / Air Sorc in Draconic have enormous Burst damage but will churn through the SP very quickly.

Easiest thing to do is to swap between Draconic and Shiradi. Swap between Fire / Ice / Air. See what sort of damage you do, and how much easier the same content is.

Also, see what is fun.

And remember you can Twist in stuff. Energy Burst is still great while levelling Exalted Angel.

Icywave
01-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Depends on what level, and what sort of timeframe.

Shiradi Fire Sorc with some FvS levels for never ending Pew-Pew can pump out a huge amount of damage over time - because they never run out of SP.

Fire / Ice / Air Sorc in Draconic have enormous Burst damage but will churn through the SP very quickly.

Easiest thing to do is to swap between Draconic and Shiradi. Swap between Fire / Ice / Air. See what sort of damage you do, and how much easier the same content is.

Also, see what is fun.

And remember you can Twist in stuff. Energy Burst is still great while levelling Exalted Angel.

For lvl 25 to 28.

I'm 16 Sorc/2 Monk/ 2 Pally at the moment, Bladeforged.

Epic Destinies are max'ed.

Yeah, guess I'll have to reset the enhancement tree and try em out.

thesnoman
01-15-2014, 06:26 PM
A Properly built 18/2 Sorc/FvS Fire Savant in Draconic Incarnation seems to produce the highest burst DPS at this time. With this split you get both a higher max Fire Spell Power than any other Savant's Element and a Higher Critical Chance (4%) in Fire. You also have the space for 1 9th level spell and as a Fire Savant, you'll obviously take Meteor Swarm.

If you go 16/4 Sorc/FvS or 14/4/2 Sorc/FvS/Pally and run in Shiradi, you'll have a higher sustained DPS since you rarely run out of Spell Points and you can get fairly good DPS with Delayed Blast Fireball and Fireball.

Silverleafeon
01-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Some Fire SLAs and spells blow up webs.

That includes DC 60+ W.E.B.S. that do major crowd control in Epic Elites and keep you from dying...

thesnoman
01-15-2014, 07:05 PM

That includes DC 60+ W.E.B.S. that do major crowd control in Epic Elites and keep you from dying...

While that is true, that;s not what this thread is about - the OP asked which Savant gave the highest damage Output - I stand by my answer.

Icywave
01-15-2014, 08:59 PM
A Properly built 18/2 Sorc/FvS Fire Savant in Draconic Incarnation seems to produce the highest burst DPS at this time. With this split you get both a higher max Fire Spell Power than any other Savant's Element and a Higher Critical Chance (4%) in Fire. You also have the space for 1 9th level spell and as a Fire Savant, you'll obviously take Meteor Swarm.

If you go 16/4 Sorc/FvS or 14/4/2 Sorc/FvS/Pally and run in Shiradi, you'll have a higher sustained DPS since you rarely run out of Spell Points and you can get fairly good DPS with Delayed Blast Fireball and Fireball.

Thanks for info.

About how much Fire Spell Power would you get from this first option?

I'm at 45% spell crit at the moment in Ice. 49% is better... dunno if the difference is visible ( well, yes, 4% ) :)

hmmm, I'd have to sacrifice my " unkilleable " aspect... to be thought with.... but its good info.

Icywave
01-15-2014, 09:00 PM

True that :)

Haven't run any EEs with people webbing thus far though... so I wouldn't see a difference :)

Wizza
01-16-2014, 03:48 AM
Talking about pure Sorc in DI, it's either Air or Fire.

Makkuroi
01-16-2014, 05:35 AM
Talking about pure Sorc in DI, it's either Air or Fire.

Ill take both (not pure here, but 18/2)

air tier 5 for wings+knockdown immunity, fire tier 4 for damage and immolation (extra dot on bosses). Also helps with those pesky immunes (I dont have to worry much about them since im shiradi)

In stormhorns, fire is pretty nice since it does extra damage to frost giants and ice elementals. In the demonweb and spinner of shadow chains, there are quite a few lightning immune demons.

thesnoman
01-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Not that this is relevant any more since it looks like everyone is jumping onto air/fire, but keep in mind that most Earth Savant spells are Conjuration, not Evocation. This poses a slight problem when really focusing on DCs since you'll likely splash Water (Ice) or Fire with Earth and the only Savant Spells that are Conjuration are Earth (Acid).