PDA

View Full Version : Meteor Swarm Buged

majorhavoc
01-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Meteor Swarm is not working correctly with the Fire Savant capstone enhancement Elemental Apotheosis: Fire: it is not stacking properly with Tier Four Draconic Incarnation Epic Destiny : Dragon Spell Knowledge of fire, insted of Adding 1 to caster level it is subtracting 2 caster levels, anyone notice this? Hope they will fix this ASAP. I cannot say how long this has been an issue, but it needs to get fixed.

NOTE: It seems that Hellball is also bugged the same way but much worse with Elemental Apotheosis: Fire off I cast it at 11th level, with it on I cast at 6th level.

cru121
01-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Meteor Swarm on a fire elemental:
+1 caster level for being a fire spell
-3 caster levels for being an earth spell

Hellball
+1 CL fire
-3 CL acid
-3 CL air

The "benefits" of elemental form are very evil.

lestade555
01-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Meteor Swarm on a fire elemental:
+1 caster level for being a fire spell
-3 caster levels for being an earth spell

Hellball
+1 CL fire
-3 CL acid
-3 CL air

The "benefits" of elemental form are very evil.

????

Are you sure? this looks incredebly stupid... A sorcerer have to choose Earth + Fire savant to have at least Normal levels for Meteor?

thesnoman
01-15-2014, 01:48 PM
????

Are you sure? this looks incredebly stupid... A sorcerer have to choose Earth + Fire savant to have at least Normal levels for Meteor?

I'm sure that this is exactly how it works. My Guild mate has the same issue and the math makes perfect sense. Keep in mind that this is only when in Elemental Form and Meteor Swarm isn't the only spell that is affected this way. Because they are listed as both Earth AND Fire Spells, (and Electric in the case of Prismatic Spells) the following are negatively affected by Elemental Form:

Burning Blood
Prismatic Ray
Prismatic Spray
Meteor Swarm

Just another reason to NOT go pure with a Sorcerer.

lestade555
01-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Just another reason to NOT go pure with a Sorcerer.

I completely agree with you then...

moo_cow
01-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Meteor Swarm is not working correctly with the Fire Savant capstone enhancement Elemental Apotheosis: Fire: it is not stacking properly with Tier Four Draconic Incarnation Epic Destiny : Dragon Spell Knowledge of fire, insted of Adding 1 to caster level it is subtracting 2 caster levels, anyone notice this? Hope they will fix this ASAP. I cannot say how long this has been an issue, but it needs to get fixed.

NOTE: It seems that Hellball is also bugged the same way but much worse with Elemental Apotheosis: Fire off I cast it at 11th level, with it on I cast at 6th level.

Meteor swarm isn't based around caster level, so caster level of this spell does not matter.

thesnoman
01-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Meteor swarm isn't based around caster level, so caster level of this spell does not matter.

It actually is - it's just not normally noticed.

Meteor Swarm is cast at CL 11 and never goes higher. Since it is a 9th level spell, you can't get MS until you've far exceeded CL11, so it's barely noticeable UNTIL you cause it to go lower as mentioned above.