PDA

View Full Version : Bladeforged Jaeger build 12/6/2

Snapdragoon
01-07-2014, 10:13 PM
a build for a friend and I following a specific guideline (abundant step, perma tensors, recons sla, haste, displace, 25% dodge, shadowfade) TL;DR fast and survivable

12 monk, 6 wizard, 2 pally

initial stats are:
str 14
dex 15
con16
int 10
wis 6
cha 13

first 3 level ups into con, rest into str
only con and dex require a +2 tome, anything else you have is gravy.

progression: P,P,W,M,M,M,M,M,M,W,W,W,W,W,M,M,M,M,M,M

feats in no order: power attack, mental tough, improved mental tough, extend, quicken, TWF, ITWF, GTWF, dodge, toughness, deflect arrows, improved crit
epic feats in no order: epic toughness, improved martial strikes, 26,27,28 = any you want.

Enhancements
EK = 31 perma tensors
Shin = 21 metalline
Ninja = 11 shadowfade
Bladeforged = 11 recon sla
leftover = 6

this build has been so easy to level, no ranged burst (everyone loves that) and damage is not top notch, but its plenty good enough. combined with super high survivability and mobility has been very fun. the two jaeger builds we have running are Striker Eureka, and Gipsy Danger :D

ironmagin
01-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Would Sorc not work well, as the CHA is higher? This looks like a lot of fun to play...

Takllin
01-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Would Sorc not work well, as the CHA is higher? This looks like a lot of fun to play...

With a 6 Sorc splash you only get 1 level 3 spell, so you lose either Displacement or Haste.

MJtheKing
01-22-2014, 08:58 AM

6 levels of sorc only gets you 1 3rd lvl spell, where as wiz gets you 3. So If you went sorc you couldn't get both haste and displacement.

cru121
01-22-2014, 09:00 AM
plus wizard gets you 2 bonus feats..

Matuse
01-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Jaegermonsters should be half-orcs.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080315131753/girlgenius/images/9/97/Jaegermonsterportrait.png

That's not a clank!

ironmagin
01-22-2014, 05:17 PM
And now my lack of arcane expertise becomes readily apparent to everyone, awesome. :D

Thanks for the responses all, looking forward to something different.

Scrag
01-30-2014, 11:06 AM
And now my lack of arcane expertise becomes readily apparent to everyone, awesome. :D

Thanks for the responses all, looking forward to something different.

If you are going EK, why not pick up tempest? If you pick up tempest, what you really need is 5 levels of wiz, core 1 and 2 of EK, and enough sp to actually do something.

My build is a 2 fighter/5wiz/13 monk. I went straight for bonus feats. One of my wiz feats is extend, with the other being mental training or whatever the bonus sp one is. Right now I am running, with most of my gear but not all, 630 spell points, 500 hps at 21. Again, I am not running all of my gear yet, so... I am still missing my 35 hp enhancement augment, which would put me at 535 in water stance, and over 600 in earth stance.

I am kinda stuck with TOO MANY BUTTONS for me at the moment, but I am trying to cope. I dump fists of iron, cleave,and gc continuously, or for hard targets just fists and the light fists to alternate hits and pick up aoe heal. I might even run the standard attack chain because of momentum swing pumping out lots of damage and recharging constantly.

gsteele96
06-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Thanks for this build. Used it on my completionist for a Bladeforged life ( altered it a little obviously) but it is very effective! I recommend this build to other players that read this :) Happy Questing