PDA

View Full Version : How does one start the Vault of Night chain correctly?

Annex
01-07-2014, 10:07 AM
According to the DDO Wiki, the Vault of Night story arc starts by speaking with Barrow d'Kundarak in House Kundarak (http://ddowiki.com/page/Vault_of_Night_%28story_arc%29). I cannot find this character in game. After speaking with Barrow d'Kundarak, I am supposed to speak with Marek Malcanus to begin the first quest of the chain. He stands exactly where he should, and bears the three goblet icon indicating he starts a quest chain. Was Barrow d'Kundarak removed from the game and does Marek now start the Vault of Night Quest chain?

I ask because on three occasions I have reached the last quest in a chain only to discover I cannot enter and cannot obtain the chain rewards. This becomes rather tiresome.

Miow
01-07-2014, 10:15 AM
The chain giver is standing next to the first set of stairs going up the bank in house k, speak to him to get the first directions to the first quest(Thrask arena right next the ship door on the right) in the chain once you complete all 4 quests you will be able to speak to Barrow.

Sorry if i misunderstand you.

http://ddowiki.com/images/Citymap_HouseKundarak.jpg

First cup north of the ship door.

Impaqt
01-07-2014, 10:18 AM
According to the DDO Wiki, the Vault of Night story arc starts by speaking with Barrow d'Kundarak in House Kundarak (http://ddowiki.com/page/Vault_of_Night_%28story_arc%29). I cannot find this character in game. After speaking with Barrow d'Kundarak, I am supposed to speak with Marek Malcanus to begin the first quest of the chain. He stands exactly where he should, and bears the three goblet icon indicating he starts a quest chain. Was Barrow d'Kundarak removed from the game and does Marek now start the Vault of Night Quest chain?

I ask because on three occasions I have reached the last quest in a chain only to discover I cannot enter and cannot obtain the chain rewards. This becomes rather tiresome.

Barrow K IS the npc that lets you into the actual Vault of night.

If he is missing for some reason, thats why you cant complete the series. You do NOT need to talk to him to start the series. Only Marek. and I dont think that really matters anymore as long as you do all 4 of the pre quests.

Tharask Arena
The Prisioner
Jungle of Kyber(and gateway)
Haywire Foundry.

Biggest reason people fail to get into VOn 5 has got to be forgetting to turn in Haywire Foundry since that NPC is way out of the way and nowhere near the actual quest.

but in your case, if Barrow Kundarak is actually not there, you might want to try reinstalling the game first.

Chaimberland
01-07-2014, 10:19 AM

Talk to Marek to start the chain. Then I've been told to do the flagging quests without talking to him again because he is bugged. After you finish all 4 flagging quests then talk to Marek again and you will be flagged for the raid.

Matuse
01-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Make sure you do not accept any shares of any quest in the VoN chain. Doing so will almost always break your flagging progression and make you unable to enter VoN5 until you do a true reincarnation.

PsychoBlonde
01-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Make sure you do not accept any shares of any quest in the VoN chain. Doing so will almost always break your flagging progression and make you unable to enter VoN5 until you do a true reincarnation.

Personally, I have never had this happen, and I've done just about every possible way of flagging VoN. (I've leveled with people who were aggressive share-ers, and we almost always share Haywire Foundry). Just make sure you talk to Marek at least once (preferably before doing any of the quests) and you should be fine.

Annex
01-07-2014, 03:02 PM
My sincere thanks to all of you for all the quick responses and information. I will talk to Marek to start things rolling, complete the four prerequisite quests in order, and hope everything turns out well from there. :)

GeoffWatson
01-09-2014, 12:05 AM
You don't need to talk to Marek, just do the four quests in the series.

Geoff.

SirValentine
01-09-2014, 05:47 AM
You don't need to talk to Marek, just do the four quests in the series.

This. The correct way is just to run the 4 flagging quests in whatever order you choose, without ever talking to anyone except the individual quest-givers. Once you've done and turned in all 4, you are flagged, and can get VoN5/6 from it's quest-giver.

Marek is supposed to make it clearer, but in actuality, using him opens you up to various bugs in the flagging process that you can simply avoid. Marek is just an evil newbie-trap.

Kasiddy
01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
According to the DDO Wiki, the Vault of Night story arc starts by speaking with Barrow d'Kundarak in House Kundarak (http://ddowiki.com/page/Vault_of_Night_%28story_arc%29). I cannot find this character in game. <snip>

To find Barrow, in house K, go up the stairs to the bank. The House K patron should be there by the entrance. Don't go in, but instead go behind the bank entrance (don't go down the stairs) and across the bridge. Barrow should be standing next to another door. This is the entrance to Von5/6. Basically what everyone else said about flagging. You may need to talk to Barrow twice to complete all the dialogue and get the raid; I don't recall for sure about that. There may also still be some weird message about not being able to use a waypoint when entering Von 5. Don't worry about this either. Complete and turn in the flagging quests, talk to Barrow, and once he gives you the actual Vault of Night quest you are successfully flagged. Just talk to him again when you want to run the raid again - no reflagging necessary.