PDA

View Full Version : Ice Sorc Dillema - 200 SP/1% Crit VS 1 Evoc DC

Icywave
01-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Simply put, I can either have 60 Evoc DC or 59 Evoc DC, but 200 more SP and 1% Crit. ( I'm Ice Savant )

Hard to decide without knowing exactly all the mechanics and numbers... so trying to see what people have as opinions on the matter.

Of course, the question is in regarding to the fact that I run Epic Elites.

Thus far, I went for the 200 SP/1% Crit... figured I could simply cast a bit more when it doesn't go through.

Icywave
01-05-2014, 02:12 AM
No one answered... but that's okay, I figured it out.

+ 1 Evoc DC, and instead, get SP clickies to compensate for the Total SP loss.

1% Crit I can live with without it.

Wizza
01-05-2014, 03:25 AM
How are you making this choice? Enhancements? EDs?

Anyway, +1 Evo DC, yes.

Icywave
01-05-2014, 03:35 AM

Anyway, +1 Evo DC, yes.

In simple words, Epic Mental Toughness Vs Epic Spell Evocation Focus.

Decided to go for Evoc DC. Got 56 at lvl 25, and it should be 61 at lvl 28 after I tweak a few things. This will definitely work out for Epic Elite quests, as 56-57 is already mostly working, except on Rogue/Archers. I currently hit CR 70 bosses most of the time.

SirValentine
01-05-2014, 03:39 AM

I was guessing a feat: a Spell Focus versus Mental Toughness.

Anyway, +1 Evo DC, yes.

Agreed.

Numbers-wise, double damage 1% more often, or full-instead-of-half 5% more often? I.e., 1% versus 2.5%. Of course, it's not quite that simple, but that's the idea. And mobs with Evasion make the +1 DC even better. Oh, as do the various Evoc spells with CC-type effects: Prismatic, Gr. Shout, Electric Loop, etc..

Icywave
01-05-2014, 03:43 AM
I was guessing a feat: a Spell Focus versus Mental Toughness.

Correct.

Agreed.

Numbers-wise, double damage 1% more often, or full-instead-of-half 5% more often? I.e., 1% versus 2.5%. Of course, it's not quite that simple, but that's the idea. And mobs with Evasion make the +1 DC even better. Oh, as do the various Evoc spells with CC-type effects: Prismatic, Gr. Shout, Electric Loop, etc..

Indeed, so I found out from a guildy today. Made +1 Evoc DC the " obvious " choice once I had this info.