PDA

View Full Version : Artificer human build help

MaterRex
01-03-2014, 09:01 AM
I need some help I have been away from the game for about 2 years and well everything has changed, from what I am used to seeing/playing and I could not find a build on the forums, sorry if I missed it

Can someone help me with a Human Artificer build that concentrates on the crossbow (auto repeater) please I am a little confused on how to get started and hot to plan the talents/feats out during the duration of the game till level 20

If you can help thank you, and if you cant help thank you for your time

dunklezhan
01-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Pure Arti ranged builds are hard to get wrong if you run through the character planner a couple of times to make sure you have your class bonus feat order correct (or at least my last two lives have used the same build and it's worked very well indeed thank you and I'm about as expert a builder as Tony Blair was at telling the truth):

google "ron's character planner" and run through a few builds to make sure you're getting the most from class feats (which is often the best place to take crossbow feats) vs character feats. AFAIK the enhancement stuff is all up to date for Arti's in there.

But mostly:

1. If a feat looks like it's going to help your xbow damage, take it.
2. Take maximise and SF evoc or something like that where you have room, for blade barriers and detonation later on. I wouldn't bother with extend.
3. If you can, I find it's worth taking SF UMD for early access to various really useful scrolls.
5. Many do, but I don't, take construct essence for self heals, but I've found the potion grenades, scrolls and human healing amp more than sufficient. I generally take augment summoning instead for a bit more oomph out of my hires and pet.

Oh and I think you need to aim for Dex19 for Imp Precise Shot. Can't remember if arti's actually do need that.

Edit: I think this is my current build (though from an old planner). It's two years old but still working so it may be bad... but it works. Note it also has 1 sorc PL and was a 32pt build with a supreme+2 tome bought in a sale to begin with, so is 34 pts with tomes, sorry so you may have to rebalance. You can drop some more points from Cha, you don't really need it anyway with even a just persuasion item handy, the UMD is more than adequate by about L10 with these stats, you might have to wait a whole two more levels to get reasonably reliable raise/heal scrolls..

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.11.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

bzztinkle
Level 20 Neutral Good Human Male
(20 Artificer)
Hit Points: 222
Spell Points: 1148
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 9
Reflex: 10
Will: 12

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(34 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 8 10
Dexterity 16 19
Constitution 14 16
Intelligence 18 24
Wisdom 8 10
Charisma 10 12

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20)
Balance 5 16
Bluff 0 2
Concentration 6 27
Diplomacy 2 13
Disable Device 8 31
Haggle 0 25
Heal -1 1
Hide 3 5
Intimidate 0 2
Jump 0 11
Listen -1 1
Move Silently 3 5
Open Lock 7 28
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 4 9
Search 8 31
Spot 3 24
Swim -1 1
Tumble 4 7
Use Magic Device 4 28

Level 1 (Artificer)
Feat: (Selected) Augment Summoning
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Sorcerer
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: ArtificerFeat: (Human Bonus) Toughness

Level 2 (Artificer)

Level 3 (Artificer)
Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 4 (Artificer)
Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Precise Shot

Level 5 (Artificer)

Level 6 (Artificer)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons

Level 7 (Artificer)

Level 8 (Artificer)
Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Skill Focus: Use Magic Device This is a great selection for levelling - get those raise dead/heal/true seeing/teleport scrolls usable sooner!

Level 9 (Artificer)
Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot

Level 10 (Artificer)

Level 11 (Artificer)

Level 12 (Artificer)
Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
Feat: (Selected) Spell Focus: Evocation

Level 13 (Artificer)

Level 14 (Artificer)

Level 15 (Artificer)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot

Level 16 (Artificer)
Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Maximize Spell

Level 17 (Artificer)

Level 18 (Artificer)
Feat: (Selected) GSF: Evocation NOTE must stick to this build order because next feat slot you cannot take this. DO NOT TAKE QUICKEN EARLY! (guess what I did last life :) )

Level 19 (Artificer)

Level 20 (Artificer)
Feat: (artificer bonus) Quicken

Edit edit: oops, he also had his first Arti life under his belt by this point. So it must be a 36 pt build.

MaterRex
01-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Thank you so much this will help me out so much :)