PDA

View Full Version : Get Gms that are actually helpful

Tolsimar
01-02-2014, 11:21 PM
I recently lost the items my druid's wolf was wearing. After multiple tickets all I got was we can't help you, but you should submit a ticket. Now I have no problem with submitting a ticket and helping the game out, but all the other tickets I've sent before have done nothing. The bugs have reported have never been fixed for me. I know there are some useful GMs because there have been just a few GMs that have helped me on quests and one GM actually sent me items that I lost when I tred. The GM told me that they could not track items after a TR and still sent them to me. So why can some GMs send items when they can't track items and others can't? Just because your system can't track....or do much of anything is a terrible excuse to avoid helping your players. I appreciate the help from the very few GMs that aren't afraid to help out players, but there are way too many worthless GMs that can only say submit a bug report.

mkmcgw17
01-11-2014, 10:12 AM
I recently lost the items my druid's wolf was wearing. After multiple tickets all I got was we can't help you, but you should submit a ticket. Now I have no problem with submitting a ticket and helping the game out, but all the other tickets I've sent before have done nothing. The bugs have reported have never been fixed for me. I know there are some useful GMs because there have been just a few GMs that have helped me on quests and one GM actually sent me items that I lost when I tred. The GM told me that they could not track items after a TR and still sent them to me. So why can some GMs send items when they can't track items and others can't? Just because your system can't track....or do much of anything is a terrible excuse to avoid helping your players. I appreciate the help from the very few GMs that aren't afraid to help out players, but there are way too many worthless GMs that can only say submit a bug report.

Careful what you say game managers have alot of discretion in what they do if they take offense you might get suspended for no reason and have all your chest drops reduced.

phillymiket
01-11-2014, 10:45 AM
It depends on the problem I guess.

I just TRed and it totally bugged my toon. I lost all my tomes and every quest I did I was at -80% xp with a quest ransack even though it was my first run.

GM sent me new tomes, refunded me TP for something I bought trying to fix the problem and then bumped my XP to cap again so I could TR again to remove the bug.

All in game. Took about 15 minutes.

Totally exceeded my expectations.

Lost loot has always been an issue GMs can't touch for some reason. I don't know if it is because the can't verify the loss.

BTW sorry you lost the items.

But as far as all GMs go, some are very fast and attentive depending on the problem.

Tolsimar
01-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Careful what you say game managers have alot of discretion in what they do if they take offense you might get suspended for no reason and have all your chest drops reduced.

That is my point. Most GMs do nothing or screw you over. I hope that GMs do see this....maybe a GM who actually likes to help customers will see this and help me out.

It depends on the problem I guess.

I just TRed and it totally bugged my toon. I lost all my tomes and every quest I did I was at -80% xp with a quest ransack even though it was my first run.

GM sent me new tomes, refunded me TP for something I bought trying to fix the problem and then bumped my XP to cap again so I could TR again to remove the bug.

All in game. Took about 15 minutes.

Totally exceeded my expectations.

Lost loot has always been an issue GMs can't touch for some reason. I don't know if it is because the can't verify the loss. I'm also hoping that this thread does get looked at by a GM that would rather help than keep

BTW sorry you lost the items.

But as far as all GMs go, some are very fast and attentive depending on the problem.

I know there are awesome GMs out there. One helped me with my TR issue, which took a min or two to solve. My friends have encountered a helpful (more than likely the same) GM that gave them items too. I'm not saying they are all bad.....just MOST of them. Do you remember the name of your GM?

JJMC895610
01-12-2014, 12:03 AM
This is a known issue (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534-Official-Known-Issues), so a GM will most likely do nothing.

Items in Artificer Iron Defender or Druid Animal Companion equipment slots can be lost upon reincarnation (Lesser, Greater or True.) Players should make sure to remove gear from their companion/defender’s inventory prior to a reincarnation.

Waaye
01-12-2014, 04:15 PM
I recently lost the items my druid's wolf was wearing.[...]

To be fair, Tolsimar, without a bug investigation how will they know when players actually had the items that they ask for. Anyone can ask a DM to replace Bloostone or Silver Longbow they never had. It would be a lot easier to get one that way than to actually go and get one. If they do give you the items you seek without investigation then I might ask them for the Greensteel Bow and Black Dragonscale armour I can no longer find. There they are, GONE!

GoRinNoSho
01-12-2014, 04:39 PM
I have always had great responses from Crymux.

Tolsimar
01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
To be fair, Tolsimar, without a bug investigation how will they know when players actually had the items that they ask for. Anyone can ask a DM to replace Bloostone or Silver Longbow they never had. It would be a lot easier to get one that way than to actually go and get one. If they do give you the items you seek without investigation then I might ask them for the Greensteel Bow and Black Dragonscale armour I can no longer find. There they are, GONE!

I agree. There are people that would take advantage of this. My issue is that they have no way of tracking the item so when they have a bug that deletes them, then why should the player pay for it. DDO isn't perfect with all the bugs that they create and neither are the players who can step into bugs by accident or just because they don't memorize the known bug list after every update or patch. Either way DDO should make sure that if a player encounters one of their bugs, no matter how big or small, that they should be compensated for anything lost in the encounter.

phillymiket
01-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Do you remember the name of your GM?

Not sure I am allowed to say his name here. But I will say that I agree with this statement vvvv

I have always had great responses from Crymux.

Spelled with 'K' though

Waaye
01-13-2014, 01:49 AM
I agree.[..]

Actually, Tolsimar, I do agree with you. At the same time I realize that Turbine may be short staffed after the layoffs and that some of the GMs may not have very much experience and may not know how to restore the items. It is my sincere wish that one of them will restore your most valuable items.

Part of the problem seems to be caused by employees hiding behind the EULA as if that document can somehow prevent users from leaving with their money. What the company needs to realize is that those items are OURS because we earned them and it makes no real difference what the EULA says.

Have you tried sending a message directly to Turbine about the lost items? It is important to give the company the opportunity to rectify the situation before taking further action.

I can't believe they would risk losing a real customer over the negligible cost of recreating virtual items especially when it costs them just about as much real money to say no.

Good luck on your quest!

Tolsimar
01-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Have you tried sending a message directly to Turbine about the lost items? It is important to give the company the opportunity to rectify the situation before taking further action.

What do you mean by sending a message directly to Turbine? I talked to a Senior GM that was completely useless. Is there some I can contact directly?

Demonhalf5
01-18-2014, 06:55 PM

Dont worry lol I lost awhole level when that xp update thing came out and they said its a visual problem

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j378/Stevenx990/ScreenShot00007.jpg (http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/Stevenx990/media/ScreenShot00007.jpg.html)

You losing your items is maybe a visual problem too just know that you wont be getting your items back lol. He wasnt acting like a jerk or anything but didnt help at all just told me it was a visual problem

Waaye
01-18-2014, 08:23 PM
What do you mean by sending a message directly to Turbine? I talked to a Senior GM that was completely useless. Is there some I can contact directly?

A good next step before contacting Warner Brothers would be to write to Turbine directly at:

Turbine Inc.
117 Kendrick St, Needham Hgts, MA 02494

If it was a group letter listing the names of players that had lost items or levels it should get attention. Many people working at Turbine are game players and understand the importance of OUR lewt.

Flavilandile
01-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Dont worry lol I lost awhole level when that xp update thing came out and they said its a visual problem

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j378/Stevenx990/ScreenShot00007.jpg (http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/Stevenx990/media/ScreenShot00007.jpg.html)

You losing your items is maybe a visual problem too just know that you wont be getting your items back lol. He wasnt acting like a jerk or anything but didnt help at all just told me it was a visual problem

There's a known bug with APs where you believe that you have spent them but in fact you haven't.
You need to press accept regularly, close and open again the UI to make sure you have spent them all. If now you then need to hunt down the Enhancement you wanted to take that were refunded when you pressed accept.

Now the problem with the inability for the GMs to help us when we call them ( come on, asking where I want to go when I'm stuck and all my party is sitting just right the corner waiting for me to get unstuck... The answer to that question should be obvious ) :

It's probably more a policy problem than anything else.

Turbines policy on what GMs can and cannot do then defines what the GM tools can and cannot do.

I know as a fact that once upon a time GMs could spawn items with specific :
- name
- color
- powers

So basically they could create any item in game and give it a name, and they could do it in numbers.
( I still have something called a Spellsword Robe tucked somewhere in the bank. Ok, it's just a plain robe with no power, except it's color and it's name )