PDA

View Full Version : returning player pre articifer

huntznkillz
12-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi all
As the title of the post says i stopped playing before the Arty was released .so after a looking at the DDo icon on my comp i clicked ,
and after the usual fiasco of getting a subscription sorted i was happily blatting away on my baby repeater rogue (not sure what the new terminology for the build is) only to have an ranged artiy come along and practically level the joint .
So i found my self in the posts looking the class up NICE !!.
Does any one have a build for a Half elf ArtY that they could post i have 32 point,drow and VIP unlocked
Im basically after a a ranged build with spells and enhancements per lvl it will take time to work out the new system
any help will greatly appreciated.

thankyou in advance

huntznkillz

ps does any one know which server has a australian presence

unbongwah
12-29-2013, 09:03 PM
I've posted both halfling (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/433366-Just-Starting?p=5208465&viewfull=1#post5208465) and drow (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/117232-Request-a-Build-Get-a-Build?p=5193263&viewfull=1#post5193263) arties recently. Converting to HE is straight-forward enough: I'd start INT 18 DEX 16 CON 14; you need to hit base DEX 19 for Imp Precise Shot and DEX 21 for Combat Archery, so adjust level-up pts based on what DEX tome(s) you have access to (or are willing to buy).

Ideally a ranged+caster arty has the following feats:

Ranged feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Precision, Rapid Shot, IC:Ranged, Imp Prec Shot, Combat Archery. [Note: all of these except Precision & CA are arty bonus feats.]
Caster feats: Maximize, Empower, Heighten, Quicken, Spell Focus:Evocation x3. [Note: all except Spell Focus are also arty bonus feats.]

That's 14 out of 15 feats on a pure non-human arty (7 regular + 5 arty + 3 epic), leaving the last one free for, e.g., Blinding Speed. Your lvl 28 ED feat should be Doubleshot; lvl 26 one is up to you.

Note: Heighten is just for the Arcano SLAs; if you don't use them, you can drop Heighten for another feat. Also, the first Spell Focus is the important one; that opens up the Magister & Draconic DC bonuses. The next two Focuses are nice to have, but don't add nearly as much to your DCs.

huntznkillz
12-29-2013, 09:39 PM
thank you very much appreciated

unbongwah
12-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention: some people like Construct Essence, since it adds self-repairability to a fleshie arty; but it also imposes a heal amp penalty, which is counter-productive on a HE or human arty, IMHO. Still, I might suggest taking it early on (lvl 3), then swapping it out later once your UMD is high enough for CCW wands / Heal scrolls.

Panzermeyer
12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention: some people like Construct Essence, since it adds self-repairability to a fleshie arty; but it also imposes a heal amp penalty, which is counter-productive on a HE or human arty, IMHO. Still, I might suggest taking it early on (lvl 3), then swapping it out later once your UMD is high enough for CCW wands / Heal scrolls.

I have read a great many things both for an against construct essence.

Personally test it for yourself if you wish.

Arties have become my favorite class. I have a human first life arty, and a TR project I am turning into a master Arty. I personally won't ever do warforged, so that is not an option for me.

My first life human arty has construct essence. I does cause you to take a rather large hit in positive healing. Though as a Half-Elf or Human you could mitigate that with the racial heal amp if you wish. I chose not to.

My reconstructs hit me for 500-700 average at lvl 28. And with 700-800 hp, my reconstructs pretty much usually top me off just fine. I fully consider myself self healing and I do not look to others for my healing. Any additional healing I get from divines or whatever is just a nice to have. So personally I am very happy with construct essence and have had no desire to change it for anything.

Panzermeyer
12-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Ideally a ranged+caster arty has the following feats:

Ranged feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Precision, Rapid Shot, IC:Ranged, Imp Prec Shot, Combat Archery. [Note: all of these except Precision & CA are arty bonus feats.]
Caster feats: Maximize, Empower, Heighten, Quicken, Spell Focus:Evocation x3. [Note: all except Spell Focus are also arty bonus feats.]

As noted ONLY take heighten if you use the archano SLA's. Otherwise all the main damage spells you use as an arty don't benefit much if at all from heighten.

I personally also have not bothered with Empower. If I went more into the Archno tree then I might consider.

Maximize and Quicken are a must. And I do recommend the Spell Focuses. Tactical Detonation can be effect in the mid 50's on EE, which is a bread and butter CC spell. Use it and you will learn to love it in short order. As a first life arty I was able to hit the low to mid 50's on my DC's depending on my destiny's and twists. This is nice as compared to the DC's needed for a caster in CC spells needing to be much higher.

As a human I took the dragonmark of passage for DD. And thus spent more points in the racial tree and lot's in the Battle Engineer.