PDA

View Full Version : Improved crit for wolf form

Soraksis
12-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Hello everyone I was just looking for some clarification on something. I noticed all of the wolf form melee builds I have found have you taking IC: Bludgeoning but the description on wolf form says its piercing and slashing. So wouldn't we want to take IC pierce or slash?

LOOON375
12-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Ill agree that it doesn't sound right, but you do in fact want IC bludgeoning. Someone smarter than me will be along to splain it better than me.

Something to do with unarmed being bludgeoning when referring to this particular feat.

Soraksis
12-25-2013, 10:44 PM
thanks for the response

Munkenmo
12-25-2013, 11:54 PM
It's do with the fact that animal form attacks count as unarmed.

The devs never added in the feat improved critical unarmed when they first added the monk class, they instead chose to tie the combat style to improved crit bludgeoning. It made enough sense at the time, it's only been in more recent times that unarmed attacks have gained the ability to dish out additional damage types, but all unarmed combat as is still tied to improved crit bludgeoning

The good news is, regardless of whether you've got a shortsword, longsword, thrown weapon, or quarterstaff equipped, your attacks will still be counted as unarmed, thus effected by improved crit bludgeoning.