PDA

View Full Version : TR Drow Monk (pure)

ThomasHunter
12-24-2013, 11:24 AM
I have a plan to TR my current (and first ever) monk into a drow pure 20 monk using short swords. The enhancement lines for this look quite fun combined with the increase short sword damage from being a drow in the racial tree.

However, before I actually take the dive (my third TR overall), I thought I would check with those wiser than myself to see if this actually "works". Do I need this to be some sort of "uber build"? No, just fun and generally self-sufficient.

This would be a DEX build.

Thanks for any insight!

Food for thought. Here are the Feats that I have planned for heroic levels:
1 - TWF, Dodge
2 - Toughness
3 - Mobility, Dark Monk Path (not sure, but I think this is what makes the most sense in the NS tree?)
6 - Spring Attack, Power Attack
9 - ITWF
12 - IC:Pierce
15 - GTWF
18 - Two Weapon Defense (blah, but the added PRR seemed okay here)

Munkenmo
12-24-2013, 02:56 PM
I've got a drow rogue/monk/fvs shortsword user.

Definately works quite well, and you'll be pleased to know that the drow enhancments even work with celestias:
Dps didn't compete with handwraps at all but it's better than I was expecting either. I ended up going with precision instead of power attack I found leveling a dex build was always behind a str build in terms of too hit, the extra crits against undead and w/f certainly helped too.

See if you can get the Teifling Assasin's Blade (http://ddowiki.com/page/Tiefling_Assassin%27s_Blade) From 3 barrel cove, this thing was amazing to level with.

ThomasHunter
12-24-2013, 09:33 PM
I can see Precision of PA. I might start PA, then use a swap if I don't like it.

I've ran 3BC a couple of times for that blade. No luck thus far. I did manage a Luck Blade however along with the one that is good against undead.

Alright, I am looking forward to TR time now. I am going to try to get a few more cleric commendations first (for that short sword to use immediately at level 20), otherwise I am ready!