PDA

View Full Version : Dex based halfpint acrobat

Isillion
12-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi All

I'm looking for some options for my dex based acrobat. Currently sitting at level 12 with enough xp for 13. I would like to go for the tried and tested 13/6/1 rogue, monk, druid route BUT I'm true neutral ;p and I really really really don't want to waste TP's to change alignment as I'm FTP. So I'm looking for options. As I have the DM's I'm thinking that Druid is still a good option to open up the metas, Rams and Shilalalalala. I'm not necessarily looking for the worlds most uber build and I don't need to be EE capable but a fun levelling experience is of more value to me.

points of note:

32pt 1st lifer (none of my characters are yet to make it to 20)
Feats: PA, DM, IC: Bludgeon, Cleave & Great Cleave (I think... I'm at work)

Hope that's enough info and ty in advance

Emizand
12-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi All

What server do you play on? If you want to push for 20 and need a hand and are prepared to leave flower sniffing to other toons I will help you push a toon to 20 if you are on thelanis and play uk evening times.

Emi

Isillion
12-23-2013, 10:38 AM
What server do you play on? If you want to push for 20 and need a hand and are prepared to leave flower sniffing to other toons I will help you push a toon to 20 if you are on thelanis and play uk evening times.

Emi

Thanks for the offer but I quite like smelling flowers and I'm on Cannith :) I've actually played this game since 3 months after launch but have taken many sabbaticals since the introduction of greensteel (i.e. grind). Couple that with severe altaholism and I never reach "cap".

Inoukchuk
12-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi All

I'm looking for some options for my dex based acrobat. Currently sitting at level 12 with enough xp for 13. I would like to go for the tried and tested 13/6/1 rogue, monk, druid route BUT I'm true neutral ;p and I really really really don't want to waste TP's to change alignment as I'm FTP. So I'm looking for options. As I have the DM's I'm thinking that Druid is still a good option to open up the metas, Rams and Shilalalalala. I'm not necessarily looking for the worlds most uber build and I don't need to be EE capable but a fun levelling experience is of more value to me.

points of note:

Feats: PA, DM, IC: Bludgeon, Cleave & Great Cleave (I think... I'm at work)

Hope that's enough info and ty in advance

So then are you currently straight 12 rogue? What's your stat distribution? The inability to take monk isn't necessarily that bad as you can get similar benefits from other places (like fighter). What you lose is shadow veil, earth stance (and related strikes), and some built in dodge/ac/movement. Fighter will net you more base damage, more druid would open up beguile, 4 cleric would open up ameliorating strikes and US, 5 wiz gets you 2 feats, another cleave attack, haste/displacement/blur (extended) and other spells.

Isillion
12-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Yes, straight rogue 12.

Rough base stats off the top of my head
Str 12
Dex 18
Con 14
Int 14
not sure about wis and cha as not home but probably 12 wis and 8 cha

I had thought about the obvious fighter but was also wondering about wiz for blur haste displacement or fvs/clr for ameliorating strike but does that better with twf?

Isillion
12-24-2013, 04:55 AM
Yes, straight rogue 12.

Rough base stats off the top of my head
Str 12
Dex 18
Con 14
Int 14
not sure about wis and cha as not home but probably 12 wis and 8 cha

I had thought about the obvious fighter but was also wondering about wiz for blur haste displacement or fvs/clr for ameliorating strike but does that better with twf?

Now that I've checked. Base + tomes + level ups

Str 12 +2 tome
Dex 18 +1 tome +3 Lvl ups
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 14
Cha 8

Feats: DM, Cleave, Gt Cleave, PA, IC: Bludgeon

Emizand
12-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the offer but I quite like smelling flowers and I'm on Cannith :) I've actually played this game since 3 months after launch but have taken many sabbaticals since the introduction of greensteel (i.e. grind). Couple that with severe altaholism and I never reach "cap".

Cool, each to their own.

I would be concned about dual classing so late and the effect it would have on my trapping skills. If you are going to though I am playing a staff wielder to completionist, I ran this build https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/384488-13-Druid-6-Monk-1-Fighter-quot-Dronker-quot-build when i did my druid life. Using a quaterstaff in wolf form works. Give it a look, it may give you some pointers.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Emi

P.S. Give serious thought to hiw it will affect your trap capabilities.

Isillion
01-31-2014, 06:09 AM
A bit of Necro as I've just had a revisit to this character and am now level 13 rogue with enough xp for 14. I haven't had time to put anything through a planner, but using my free +0 Lesser heart if need be I was thinking of either of the following:

1. Straight Rogue to 20 - main benefits seem to be more sneak attack dice and a minor stat bump to DEX
2. 13/6/1 Rogue, Fighter, Druid - Druid for Rams, Shelalalalalala, opens Empower Heal for DM's, Beguile and easy W&S enhancements. Fighter for feats and enhancements from Kensai (maybe tactics as I'm wondering on how useful sweeping strikes is with improved trip?)
3. 18/1/1 Rogue, Druid, Wiz - Wiz for max and empower DM's mainly and a few either nice benefits. I have another 1 splash WIZ on a DM'd halfling fighter/monk and it works nicely.

Thanks again in advance for your thoughts

Isillion
02-12-2014, 08:45 AM
A bit of Necro as I've just had a revisit to this character and am now level 13 rogue with enough xp for 14. I haven't had time to put anything through a planner, but using my free +0 Lesser heart if need be I was thinking of either of the following:

1. Straight Rogue to 20 - main benefits seem to be more sneak attack dice and a minor stat bump to DEX
2. 13/6/1 Rogue, Fighter, Druid - Druid for Rams, Shelalalalalala, opens Empower Heal for DM's, Beguile and easy W&S enhancements. Fighter for feats and enhancements from Kensai (maybe tactics as I'm wondering on how useful sweeping strikes is with improved trip?)
3. 18/1/1 Rogue, Druid, Wiz - Wiz for max and empower DM's mainly and a few either nice benefits. I have another 1 splash WIZ on a DM'd halfling fighter/monk and it works nicely.

Thanks again in advance for your thoughts

I'm now thinking of 13/4/3 Rogue Fighter Druid - 3 Druid to get to Fatal Harrier with some other goodies. However the biggest stumbling block is all the points for enhancements. I'm particularly interested if anyone has experience with sweeping strikes as I've put a fair few points in fighter tactics (6), Trip Focus (3) & sweeping strikes (6) + improved trip feat. If it isn't worth it, that's a lot of enhancement points reclaimed