PDA

View Full Version : Confused about obtaining Shiradi ED

Fherrit
12-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Hello fellow DDO enthusiasts;

A little pressed for time so pardon me if this seems a bit rushed in its asking. I've been trying to plan my budding Sorcerer's leveling path and epic destinies and have been confused about the cookie cutter go to build that so many seem to favor I.E. the WF Shiradi Sorcerer. Two things on this;

First, I absolutely cannot stand the WF race. No disrespect intended to those who favor them, but for me this is never a option for any kind of character. So if the race is somehow a factor in being able to acquire Shiradi that I haven't figured out yet, please straighten me out.

Second;
I've read up on ED's via the wiki, looked at the ED planner, and I understand that ED Spheres "connect" to one another, but along certain predefined paths. A hypothetical character path to illustrate what I'm under the impression is how this works.

Sorcerer becomes level 20 and wants to eventually hook up to Shadow Dancer.

Starts with Draconic and takes it all the way to its conclusion of level 5
Is allowed to migrate over to either Fate Singer or Magister. Since the goal is Shadow Dancer, he grits his teeth and takes Fate Singer
Upon reaching Tier 4 in Fatesinger, jumps over to Shadow Dancer since the ED states among its requirements for entry tier 4 Fatesinger is a qualifier
Is now able to pursue Shadow Dancer to his hearts content.

Here's where i get confused and have not been able to find any posts or guides to lead me out of my forest of confusion.

How the heck would a Sorcerer get all the way over to Shiradi???

By my understanding, assuming he started with Fate Singer to shorten the ordeal, he'd go;

Fate Singer Tier 4, jump to SHadow Dancer
pursue Shadow Dancer to Tier 3
move over to Legendary Dreadnought having gotten the Shadow Dancer destiny requirement out of the way, levels it to Tier 4
and then is finally able to move over into the Shiradi Destiny.

That's a whole lotta destiny hopping to get to Shiradi and something tells me, I'm wrong in thinking it works this way. Any time taken to clarify my understanding of this end game mechanic would be deeply appreciated.

Regards;
Mad-Fherrit-Drinks-the-Dew

PS) One other question that's been nagging me. Why do so many suggested Sorcerer builds suggest taking Rage? Is it just to buff party members? I don't see the value for a caster to buff melee related stats when the goal usually is to just make them blow up at a distance. Again, any feedback submitted would be appreciated.

aristarchus1000
12-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Yes you need to work your way as you describe.

You can start in fatesinger if you have no interest in draconic. Since it is approximately 720k for tier 3 and 1 million to tier 4, going from the start of fatesinger to start of Shiradi is 2.7 million, which means you can still cap Shiradi before you hit the level cap at 28.

You won't have enough karma in any sphere to do an epic reincarnation, however, so you can either keep grinding karma or do an heroic reincarnation at that point.

Fherrit
12-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Yes you need to work your way as you describe.

You can start in fatesinger if you have no interest in draconic. Since it is approximately 720k for tier 3 and 1 million to tier 4, going from the start of fatesinger to start of Shiradi is 2.7 million, which means you can still cap Shiradi before you hit the level cap at 28.

You won't have enough karma in any sphere to do an epic reincarnation, however, so you can either keep grinding karma or do an heroic reincarnation at that point.

First, thank you for your reply Aristarchus1000, but I must confess, this answer makes my jaw drop.

Given the number of threads I see extolling the virtues of going Shiradi, as a Arcane based character I feel like it is a lot of time spent farming epic destiny trees to land in the tree that everyone is singing such high praise for. Doesn't the allocation of ED points in each tree become a careful balancing act? They are finite in amount aren't they? Much like your class can have a max of 80 action points to spend on all the class trees the character has, isn't there a similar limit to ED tree spends?

Finally, do Arcanes really spend that much time destiny hopping to the nature boy arena? Seems like if a ED that far afield is so superior in making your class perform to any that are innate to the Arcane classes, then that's a design flaw. I asked about this because several in my guild said as a Sorcerer I should "go Shiradi or go home" because its that powerful and its "meant" for Arcanes. My thinking, if its 'meant' for Arcanes, wouldn't it actually be in their sphere of choices?

Mind you I'm not trying to argue its worth, thats a entirely different topic, I'm just trying to understand the twin points of 1) how to get there and 2) why Arcane classes are practically shoved in that direction because their own EDs are lacking comparatively.

Again, my appreciation for yours or the answers of others;

Regards;

angrysn1per
12-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Given the number of threads I see extolling the virtues of going Shiradi, as a Arcane based character I feel like it is a lot of time spent farming epic destiny trees to land in the tree that everyone is singing such high praise for. Doesn't the allocation of ED points in each tree become a careful balancing act? They are finite in amount aren't they? Much like your class can have a max of 80 action points to spend on all the class trees the character has, isn't there a similar limit to ED tree spends?

The number of points you can spend in any one destiny tree is in no way tied to the points you may have spent in any other tree. You have up to 24 points to spend per tree.

BOgre
12-22-2013, 08:12 PM
You could also just start off in Shiradi, and stay in Shiradi.

Also consider many players will grind through ALL the destinies before parking in their desired one.

Tscheuss
12-22-2013, 08:27 PM
You could start with a build that has at least 6 levels of barb, ranger, or druid. Then you could begin ED's in Shiradi. Then TR to sorc (or LR if multi with sorc) and level up. :)

Fherrit
12-23-2013, 12:38 AM
The number of points you can spend in any one destiny tree is in no way tied to the points you may have spent in any other tree. You have up to 24 points to spend per tree.

angrysn1per: Ah, I see, so you could theoretically move into each and every tree spending a max of 24 in each? I thought it was tied to xps like leveing was. Thanks for your answer.

You could start with a build that has at least 6 levels of barb, ranger, or druid. Then you could begin ED's in Shiradi. Then TR to sorc (or LR if multi with sorc) and level up. :)

Tsheuss;
I'm a little confused by your reply. While I understand that the 6 class levels of a build would give you the qualifier, I don't understand how a True Reincarnate would allow you to gain access to a ED, unless if you already developed it to any degree it carried over into a TR? I'm sorry if I seem a little dense, just a ton of mechanics to digest and what I've found write ups of doesn't cover all the permutations =/ Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards;

BOgre
12-23-2013, 01:21 AM
While I understand that the 6 class levels of a build would give you the qualifier, I don't understand how a True Reincarnate would allow you to gain access to a ED

reincs dont reset your ED progress. So After a TR/LR you'll still be right where you left off.

SSFWEl
12-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Hello fellow DDO enthusiasts;

How the heck would a Sorcerer get all the way over to Shiradi???

By my understanding, assuming he started with Fate Singer to shorten the ordeal, he'd go;

Fate Singer Tier 4, jump to SHadow Dancer
pursue Shadow Dancer to Tier 3
move over to Legendary Dreadnought having gotten the Shadow Dancer destiny requirement out of the way, levels it to Tier 4
and then is finally able to move over into the Shiradi Destiny.

This is exactly right. You will need fate points anyway, so might as well. And at the lower lvl epics, it's less important to have your main ED. So start in magester, and go to shiradi.

you don't need to go WF. make a FvS-Sorc (say 13/7) human shiradi caster. works very very well.

Matuse
12-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Finally, do Arcanes really spend that much time destiny hopping to the nature boy arena?

Actually, it's everyone who does that.

Getting levels in off-destinies is how you earn fate points for putting in twists. If you wanted to be a Shiradi Sorc, but still use Energy Burst from Draconic, as a tier4 ability, you would need to get 10 fate points, which is 30 ED levels. Draconic to 5, Fatesinger to 5, Shadowdancer to 5, Dreadnaught to 5, Shiradi to 5, and you'd still need to find another Destiny and get THAT to level 5 in order to successfully get that twist.

And that would be the ONLY thing you could twist, the other two available slots would have to be empty.

So, welcome to the joy that is the ED XP grind. Fortunately, as a Sorcerer, you can do this without really using any destiny abilities at all. When my main first hit 20 in a pure wizard life, I made it my goal to unlock a bunch of destinies before I TR'd so I'd have flexibility in the next life. I started out Fatesinger, then went Shadowdancer, Dreadnaught, Shiradi, and a little ways into Primal Avatar (for Cocoon) before TRing. Dreadnaught is astonishingly useless to a Pale Master, but then as a Pale Master, I really didn't need any extra help to curb-stomp epic content. Neither will you.

Fherrit
12-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Actually, it's everyone who does that.

Getting levels in off-destinies is how you earn fate points for putting in twists. If you wanted to be a Shiradi Sorc, but still use Energy Burst from Draconic, as a tier4 ability, you would need to get 10 fate points, which is 30 ED levels. Draconic to 5, Fatesinger to 5, Shadowdancer to 5, Dreadnaught to 5, Shiradi to 5, and you'd still need to find one another Destiny and get THAT to level 5 in order to successfully get that twist.

And that would be the ONLY thing you could twist, the other two available slots would have to be empty.

So, welcome to the joy that is the ED XP grind. Fortunately, as a Sorcerer, you can do this without really using any destiny abilities at all. When my main first hit 20 in a pure wizard life, I made it my goal to unlock a bunch of destinies before I TR'd so I'd have flexibility in the next life. I started out Fatesinger, then went Shadowdancer, Dreadnaught, Shiradi, and a little ways into Fury (for Cocoon) before TRing. Dreadnaught is astonishingly useless to a Pale Master, but then as a Pale Master, I really didn't need any extra help to curb-stomp epic content. Neither will you.

Thanks Matuse, and thanks all of you, this has cleared up a great many confusions I had about the entire ED game. My heartfelt gratitude to you all for your time and efforts in replying. Also...nice to know I'm not quite the dumb ass I thought and got it right the first time around, DDO does that to me sometimes, makes me doubt what I think I know (though often with good reason).

Regards;

Haphazarduk
12-23-2013, 05:10 AM
So Shiradi stays unlocked through TR. I could level to 20 as, say Druid 6, Xorc 14, unlocked Shiradi, TR, climb back to level 20 as anything and have Shiradi unlocked and ready to level through again?

This is a bit more problematic for LR though right as you can only LR+5 unless you still have a L+20 available?

Cheers

Hap

thesnoman
12-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Since you loathe the Warforged Race, I suggest you look at Raidon's Fire Angel Build. It can be found HERE (http://stormlords.net/forum_threads/1557902)

Rather than taking 16/4 Sorc/FvS, you can go 14 Sorc/6 Ranger straight into the Shiradi Destiny. Then you can LR+3 twice to get your FvS levels and 2 more Sorc Levels.

Just a suggestion.

sephiroth1084
12-23-2013, 06:31 AM
I wish the devs would read this thread. The fact that the OP gets the whole process right away, and thinks, "This can't possibly be right," should be a good indication that the design of the Epic Destiny grid, leveling grind, and starting assignments need some work.

You know, other than the scores of threads we've had on this very subject since last summer...

As for the OP's queries, they look like they've all been answered, but I'll clarify, in case it's still needed, that the reason Shiradi is so highly valued for a sorcerer is that in Epic Elite content, monsters' saves and HP are so high that nuking is pretty pointless, and both crowd control and insta-kills are incredibly difficult to build for (requiring basically every single bonus to your casting stat and save DCs you can scrounge together to have a shot at some degree of regular success in those fields), that relying on cheap, spammable spells and SLAs carrying the Shiradi riders of procs for extra damage, DC-less CC, and quasi-insta-kills is much more effective. Archmages accomplish this mostly by using the Magic Missile and Chain Missile SLAs, along with the actual spells, along with a few others. Sorcs accomplish this with their own brand of SLAs, and by leveraging their larger SP pools to make up for their not having access to the super-cheap Missiles SLAs. Plus, their better casting speed.

If you aren't planning on focusing heavily on EE stuff, which would be my assumption, given your apparent inexperience with level 20+ content (like epic destinies), you will probably be as happy, or happier, in Draconic Incarnation, since you can blast to your heart's content in Epic Hard and still be effective.

EllisDee37
12-23-2013, 07:02 AM
Warforged is not required for shirardi, it's favored for the self-healing. If you don't want to play a wf, you might consider a shirardi wizard instead. That way you can at least heal yourself in undead form.

drowrogue
12-23-2013, 07:33 AM
You can buy "keys of destiny" in the DDO store.
They allow you to move through destinies, without any xp.
So you buy a key, use it and move to an adjacent destiny.
I think you would need to buy 4 key to get from draconic to shriadi.

Talon_Moonshadow
12-23-2013, 08:41 AM
OP, I completely understand where you are coming from.

People on the forums act like you can log onto the game and create a certain build in seconds... complete with tomes, raid loot, epic destinies in another sphere... and past lives to boot.

This has been going on since the game was new actually.

BUt.. you are correct in your understanding of how it works.
Except that you could start a Sor in Fatesinger and go from there.

angrysn1per
12-23-2013, 12:06 PM
angrysn1per: Ah, I see, so you could theoretically move into each and every tree spending a max of 24 in each? I thought it was tied to xps like leveing was. Thanks for your answer.
It's still tied to XP. Each rank earns you another point to spend, up to a max of 24 once you've maxed XP in that ED.

danotmano1998
12-23-2013, 12:40 PM
The fact that the OP gets the whole process right away, and thinks, "This can't possibly be right," should be a good indication that the design of the Epic Destiny grid, leveling grind, and starting assignments need some work.

You know, other than the scores of threads we've had on this very subject since last summer...

Agreed.
I have been playing my caster for so long in nearly useless destinies that it's become second nature already. I'd hate to have to do that again from scratch.

OP, this is exactly the reason why the focus of my playing went from "Have a bunch of characters in various stages of development" to "focus on just ONE character because the time investment to gain the destinies and past lives is too much to spread around".

Good luck on your journey, OP, and remember if you feel that it's too much to undertake, Turbine has lots of goodies in the DDO Store to bypass the grind entirely.

LrdSlvrhnd
12-23-2013, 02:07 PM
PS) One other question that's been nagging me. Why do so many suggested Sorcerer builds suggest taking Rage? Is it just to buff party members? I don't see the value for a caster to buff melee related stats when the goal usually is to just make them blow up at a distance. Again, any feedback submitted would be appreciated.

Everybody's already answered your ED questions, but nobody's touched this one. The reason is twofold:

1) It makes we melee-types feel slightly less useless when a sorc's in the party (plus it makes boss beatdowns go faster)
2) It gives everyone in the AoE (including you) +2 HP per level, and that's never a bad thing

Sure, 1) doesn't help you at all, but it does help out the party as a whole.

sephiroth1084
12-23-2013, 05:28 PM

I posted this thread, Rage Is Good (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/235664-Rage-Is-Good!), almost 4 years ago. A lot of the advice is no longer applicable (the effect of Rage on AC is irrelevant with the new combat mechanics, and anyone who gets a Rage they don't want, for some inexplicable reason, can turn on Defensive Fighting to turn off Rage), but some of it is still applicable (and I thought it was kind of a funny thread).

Basically, you carry Rage for 3 reasons:

Everyone, yourself included, could use more HP and better Fort and Will saves.
It's a decent enough spell to carry to bolster your more martially focused allies.
There aren't really all that many better options at level 3 that you're missing out on by carrying Rage.

Trillea
12-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Warforged is not required for shirardi, it's favored for the self-healing. If you don't want to play a wf, you might consider a shirardi wizard instead. That way you can at least heal yourself in undead form.

My human sorc Shiradi has absolutely no problems self-healing using only cocoons & heal scrolls.

Fherrit
12-23-2013, 09:37 PM
First, I'm likely to sound like a emo gusher here but I am so very not used to such thoughtful, mature, and helpful replies to my queries on a MMO board. I'm a scarred veteran of WoW mostly where lurking was far more the rule than daring to ask a question on either official or blog forums. This is a very refreshing, welcome, and warming change of pace.

Since you loathe the Warforged Race, I suggest you look at Raidon's Fire Angel Build. It can be found HERE (http://stormlords.net/forum_threads/1557902)

Rather than taking 16/4 Sorc/FvS, you can go 14 Sorc/6 Ranger straight into the Shiradi Destiny. Then you can LR+3 twice to get your FvS levels and 2 more Sorc Levels.

Just a suggestion.

@Thesnoman;
Thank you for the recommendation, your initial "Toaster" build had me intrigued from studying it before I decided to roll up a Sorcerer but I wasn't sure how viable pairing FvS would be for a non WF caster. The build you linked (actually both of them) were of great interest to me and I plan to dig into them more as time permits. I also perked up at the suggestion of a Sorc/Ranger as something to explore.

As for the OP's queries, they look like they've all been answered, but I'll clarify, in case it's still needed, that the reason Shiradi is so highly valued for a sorcerer is that in Epic Elite content, monsters' saves and HP are so high that nuking is pretty pointless,

<snip>

If you aren't planning on focusing heavily on EE stuff, which would be my assumption, given your apparent inexperience with level 20+ content (like epic destinies), you will probably be as happy, or happier, in Draconic Incarnation, since you can blast to your heart's content in Epic Hard and still be effective.

@Sephiroth1084
You presume correctly Sir, and I thank you for clarifying why the ED is so highly sought after. I find that EE is one of those "dev things" where they ramp up parameters so much that its IMO virtually "cheating" because it handicaps the player arbitrarily on several fronts in order to make the coding easier, such as making the failure of casts obnoxiously high or other such gimmick tactics. I realize players are only adapting to barriers put before them, but IMHO this goes against the spirit of the class, akin to telling a highly trained swordsman that at the next stage of their career they need to apply their knowledge to now being a pistoleer or be deemed a "lesser combatant". I'm heartened to hear that I can remain true to being a blasting Sorcerer in EH, as some doubt was definitely beginning to creep in on me.

Agreed.
I have been playing my caster for so long in nearly useless destinies that it's become second nature already. I'd hate to have to do that again from scratch.

OP, this is exactly the reason why the focus of my playing went from "Have a bunch of characters in various stages of development" to "focus on just ONE character because the time investment to gain the destinies and past lives is too much to spread around".

Good luck on your journey, OP, and remember if you feel that it's too much to undertake, Turbine has lots of goodies in the DDO Store to bypass the grind entirely.

@Danotmano1998
I am normally someone who rotates characters as I get into "moods" that can sometimes be extended but rarely indefinite, alt-o-holic fits me to a T. However I've come to the same conclusion as you did and my normal curiosity has been sharply curbed. The TR mechanic is a interesting take on end game and I think it can keep me engaged but I will be very selective about accessing the Store, I find the price for some things higher than I am comfortable parting on my points for.

Everybody's already answered your ED questions, but nobody's touched this one. The reason is twofold:

1) It makes we melee-types feel slightly less useless when a sorc's in the party (plus it makes boss beatdowns go faster)
2) It gives everyone in the AoE (including you) +2 HP per level, and that's never a bad thing

Sure, 1) doesn't help you at all, but it does help out the party as a whole.

@LrdSlvrhnd
Thanks for picking up on my question there and after you answered it I /facepalmed because of course, boss fights. And Melee types are never useless, its the only way we Sorcerers can have capable Minions (I kid!! ;)).

I posted this thread, Rage Is Good (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/235664-Rage-Is-Good!), almost 4 years ago.
<snip>

Basically, you carry Rage for 3 reasons:

Everyone, yourself included, could use more HP and better Fort and Will saves.
It's a decent enough spell to carry to bolster your more martially focused allies.
There aren't really all that many better options at level 3 that you're missing out on by carrying Rage.

@Sephiroth1084
Interesting thread, I think I may actually reconsider my earlier dismissal of it initially especially given the link Thesnoman provided about a 14/6 Sorc/Ranger. I've been curious about the EK and considered it a future thing to explore, your points on Rage give it a good consideration for that build. As for buffing party members, I have a very "unconventional" gaming schedule that makes me a royal chore for a group to tolerate, and Murphy Law often visits when Im having a good time and insists I abandon what I'm doing and cater to its whimsical attention demands. Windy way of saying I solo 97% of the time.

Again everyone, thank you all for your replies and suggestions, the maturity and informative nature was a delight and I actually learned a tremendous amount from them and have a much better perception of things moving forward. At least until the next thing I trip over ;)

Warm Regards;

sephiroth1084
12-24-2013, 01:54 AM
Even if you solo a lot...do you use hirelings? Summons? Pets? They all benefit from Rage as well.

Personally, I almost never use any of the above, but even when soloing on my wizard, I keep Rage up full-time. There's basically no reason not to--it's fairly cheap, and who can argue with +1 Fort, +1 Will, +1 HP/level?

Also, I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, but don't know if it has been acknowledged: remember that you can buy a destiny tool in the DDO Store to unlock an adjacent destiny. I've only used them a couple of times, but they make the grind a little more manageable by allowing you to skip really painful destinies. If you were a caster looking to move into Shiradi, I'd probably level Magister and Draconic Incarnation to 5, Fatesinger to 4, Shadowdancer to 3, or 5 (on a wizard anyway--it gives you a choice of Dex or Int, so you can boost a wizard's DCs, and has a couple of higher-tier enhancements that mimic spells and key off of Int), and then use a store-bought item to skip Legendary Dreadnought since it offers nothing for you, except HP and a couple of get-out-of-trouble action boosts. That path wouldn't be too painful, though it will be long.

Again, another option is to level in a build that has 6 levels in a primal class, unlock Shiradi, then either LR those levels out, or take that opportunity to do a TR, perhaps after doing some epic level questing a bit--you earn epic XP faster if you level, then TR, and level again, than you do just grinding XP, because you can run back through everything with first time bonuses and Bravery again.

Even if you go sorcerer, and plan on opening and staying in Draconic Incarnation, I encourage you to branch out a bit, since twists can be very useful, and you'll need to level some other destinies both to earn the Fate for unlock Twist slots, but also to get to the abilities you'd care to twist in the first place. Magister can get you +3 Evocation or Conjuration DCs (or another school if that's your focus), or +3 spell penetration, while some other destinies can get you a decent healing ability (albeit for a lot of fate points in some cases)--Rejuvenation Cocoon from Avatar, Light the Dark (+the Lay On hands twist) for an AoE heal that starts at 150 points before metamagics, spell power and healing amp...bonuses to saves, to PRR, to dodge, Boulder Toss for another high-damage "spell" to add to your repertoire... The ED grind can be taxing, but it can also yield some juicy fruit.

Fherrit
12-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Even if you solo a lot...do you use hirelings? Summons? Pets? They all benefit from Rage as well.

Personally, I almost never use any of the above, but even when soloing on my wizard, I keep Rage up full-time. There's basically no reason not to--it's fairly cheap, and who can argue with +1 Fort, +1 Will, +1 HP/level?

Also, I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, but don't know if it has been acknowledged: remember that you can buy a destiny tool in the DDO Store to unlock an adjacent destiny. I've only used them a couple of times, but they make the grind a little more manageable by allowing you to skip really painful destinies. If you were a caster looking to move into Shiradi, I'd probably level Magister and Draconic Incarnation to 5, Fatesinger to 4, Shadowdancer to 3, or 5 (on a wizard anyway--it gives you a choice of Dex or Int, so you can boost a wizard's DCs, and has a couple of higher-tier enhancements that mimic spells and key off of Int), and then use a store-bought item to skip Legendary Dreadnought since it offers nothing for you, except HP and a couple of get-out-of-trouble action boosts. That path wouldn't be too painful, though it will be long.

Again, another option is to level in a build that has 6 levels in a primal class, unlock Shiradi, then either LR those levels out, or take that opportunity to do a TR, perhaps after doing some epic level questing a bit--you earn epic XP faster if you level, then TR, and level again, than you do just grinding XP, because you can run back through everything with first time bonuses and Bravery again.

Even if you go sorcerer, and plan on opening and staying in Draconic Incarnation, I encourage you to branch out a bit, since twists can be very useful, and you'll need to level some other destinies both to earn the Fate for unlock Twist slots, but also to get to the abilities you'd care to twist in the first place. Magister can get you +3 Evocation or Conjuration DCs (or another school if that's your focus), or +3 spell penetration, while some other destinies can get you a decent healing ability (albeit for a lot of fate points in some cases)--Rejuvenation Cocoon from Avatar, Light the Dark (+the Lay On hands twist) for an AoE heal that starts at 150 points before metamagics, spell power and healing amp...bonuses to saves, to PRR, to dodge, Boulder Toss for another high-damage "spell" to add to your repertoire... The ED grind can be taxing, but it can also yield some juicy fruit.

Again Sephiroth, great advice. I was toodling around with the fate planner and reading the EDs more closely now that I know how they work better than before along with "getting it" when it came to the twists. As stated earlier, my biggest trip stone was I couldn't figure out how people were getting over to Shiradi (heck of a trip but I get it now and the mechanisms behind it). The suggestion of buying a skip of LD is solid, I should have some TP built up to where it won't sting quite so much and the convenience of the skip will definitely come into play.

You actually answered a question that occurred to me a little while ago when I came back to post it and found you had already answered it. Initially when one of the posters mentioned purchasing a destiny skip, I was uncertain how that worked, wondering if it let you go from say Magister straight over to Shiradi, but apparently it lets you skip one of the trees along the way rather than hop right over to a different sphere. At least that's my interpretation based upon your suggestion above, if I'm wrong Id happily be corrected on the matter. Once more sir, thank you for your council, between my Sorcerer and my Monk I should be occupied for a very long time :)

Regards;

sephiroth1084
12-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Yeah, the Key of Fate (think that's the name) will unlock a destiny adjacent to one you're in. I don't recall if you have to Make Active the destiny you want to jump from, or if simply having the desired destiny unlocked is sufficient, but I always pop into the one I'm jumping from, just to be sure. So, if you started in Fatesinger, you could use a Key to unlock Magister, Draconic Incarnation or Shadowdancer--the 3 destinies touching Fatesinger.

It would be great if you could hop across the whole destiny grid, but that's not an option.

And no problem...I have to balance out being a troll sometimes with being helpful at others. It's Teh_Troll's way.

thesnoman
12-24-2013, 06:31 AM
Something else to think about -

Sorcerer is one of the easiest classes to grind out XP on - so it's not so bad to hop around your ED map whilst a Sorcerer. (The really painful destinies are the Divine, which you don't have to touch, and Legendary Dreadnought, which you do have to go through to get to Shiradi)

However, once you run through on EE to get Bravery (or once you break your EE Streak - I usually break it around Level 27), you can zerg through quests on EH in off destinies fairly easily.

Additionally - my rule of thumb while leveling is to run through EH Jungle of Khyber twice a day. The first run is worth about 150K XP (With optionals, not running an XP pot) and the second run is worth about 80K XP (with Optionals, no XP Pot Running). Grab an XP pot if you really want to get great XP. Once you make these two runs - it takes less than an hour for both runs once you learn the quest - get back into your preferred destiny and go run saga chains. When you finish a chain, get into an off destiny before you grab the XP Stone Saga reward and remember that they are also effected by pots/ship buffs/Voice of the Master/etc.

You'll get through your ED Grind fairly quickly with this method.

Fherrit
12-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Something else to think about -

Additionally - my rule of thumb while leveling is to run through EH Jungle of Khyber twice a day. The first run is worth about 150K XP (With optionals, not running an XP pot) and the second run is worth about 80K XP (with Optionals, no XP Pot Running). Grab an XP pot if you really want to get great XP. Once you make these two runs - it takes less than an hour for both runs once you learn the quest - get back into your preferred destiny and go run saga chains. When you finish a chain, get into an off destiny before you grab the XP Stone Saga reward and remember that they are also effected by pots/ship buffs/Voice of the Master/etc.

You'll get through your ED Grind fairly quickly with this method.

Thesnoman;
My sorcerer is only level 9 atm, but I have a level 22 Monk that I tried out your recomendation on. I was a bit pressed to do it on EH (my gear is well behind the curve still sadly) but managed to push through and was surprised at how much gain I got from just the first run through. It had been a good while since I had done the Jungle so hadn't thought of it at all, was still looking at adventures I hadn't run yet thinking that would be one of the better way to hustle xps but turns out, your tip was better than what I was doing.

I also have to mention that Sagas up till now escaped my notice, or I should say I dismissed them prematurely, but I now see their worth. Its interesting how when I first encounter a content option that its worth seems subpar or merely a time sink till some perspective from veterans such as yourself, Sephiroth, and others puts it all into a clearer focus.

I know I'm sounding a bit emo-gushy and repetitive but in all sincerity, I am deeply grateful for the answers in this thread. It has given me a lot of insight and direction to work with. I still have a few areas to develop expertise on, such as finding appropriate items for a given class or build but this has cleared up alot and there are quite a few gems of tips in this thread. I hope others find it as useful as I have.

Regards;