PDA

View Full Version : 36 point WF Sorc build help

majorhavoc
12-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Need recommendations for 36 point WF build working on 3rd life (1 wiz, 1 Sorc down) with All EDs maxed & +5 supreme tome, have very top end caster gear & very much like playing the nuker.

Looking for build suggestions, am considering 18 Sorc / 2 FvS combo.

thesnoman
12-20-2013, 02:44 PM
See "Toaster of Vengeance" in my signature or scroll down half a page in the Sorcerer Forums.

14/4/2 Sorc/FvS/Pally

majorhavoc
01-05-2014, 10:20 PM
See "Toaster of Vengeance" in my signature or scroll down half a page in the Sorcerer Forums.

14/4/2 Sorc/FvS/Pally

There is no way in hell I wound ever consider any build that did not include meteor storm. MS is literately the bomb.

thesnoman
01-06-2014, 01:57 PM
There is no way in hell I wound ever consider any build that did not include meteor storm. MS is literately the bomb.

LOL - MS is overrated by many because it looks like it does a ton of damage to a ton of MoBs - truth is that in the new end-game it's a garbage spell because most end game MoBs can EVADE MS.

Grab yourself some CRAZY DAMAGE from never-fail Scorching Ray (I do 1K+ damage per cast not including Shiradi Procs) and you'll understand.

Or maybe you won't - most people that swear by MS don't understand (I kid, but the last part is mostly true)

majorhavoc
01-12-2014, 06:04 PM
LOL - MS is overrated by many because it looks like it does a ton of damage to a ton of MoBs - truth is that in the new end-game it's a garbage spell because most end game MoBs can EVADE MS.

Grab yourself some CRAZY DAMAGE from never-fail Scorching Ray (I do 1K+ damage per cast not including Shiradi Procs) and you'll understand.

Or maybe you won't - most people that swear by MS don't understand (I kid, but the last part is mostly true)

Scorching ray is always in my line up, especially for the assassins and rogs, but for mass DPS on groups of normal mobs w/ 400+ spell power in both fire and force MS does thousands of points of damage each cast, w/ 4500 mana the 61 Sp/cast is not that much even for epic content. It is so good at mass DPS there is just no way I would consider not having it in my line up.

thesnoman
01-12-2014, 08:07 PM
To each his own.

I'm assuming you're playing a DI Sorc then?

If you were playing a Shiradi Sorc we wouldn't be having this discussion.

FWIW - I have over 500 Spell power in Fire and over 450 in force and Crit Chance in both exceeding 35%, and I still think it is an inefficient spell that doesn't work in the current end game (EE of course - everything works on EH).

majorhavoc
01-13-2014, 01:57 PM
To each his own.

I'm assuming you're playing a DI Sorc then?

If you were playing a Shiradi Sorc we wouldn't be having this discussion.

FWIW - I have over 500 Spell power in Fire and over 450 in force and Crit Chance in both exceeding 35%, and I still think it is an inefficient spell that doesn't work in the current end game (EE of course - everything works on EH).

I am playing a Shiradi Sorc, with 675/650 spell power in both(if you add Max & Emp) and 45%/35% crit for fire/force, with 4 balls per cast Shiradi procs on almost every cast and does well over 1000+ points of AOE damage every cast to every mob, which is much better AOE than chain missile the next closest AOE. Chain missile has a much smaller AOE for not much more mana savings. Delayed blast fireball does good DPS with an even bigger burst radius but procs Shiradie much less often, hellball does good damage but very slow recycle rate and seems to not be procing Shiradi properly. I would say MS is by far the best AOE damage/sec any caster can do. If you have evidence that says otherwise I would love to see it. There is a reason that MS is a 9th level spell, and a damm good one at that, that is why I would never consider playing a caster that did not have it.

Note: Meteor Swarm is not currently working correctly with the Fire Savant capstone enhancement Elemental Apotheosis: Fire: it is not stacking properly with Tier Four Draconic Incarnation Epic Destiny : Dragon Spell Knowledge of fire, instead of Adding 3 to caster level it is subtracting 2 caster levels, anyone notice this? Hope they will fix this ASAP. I noticed this after parsing some resent (today) logs, I was wondering why MS was doing less damage, I cannot say how long this has been an issue, but it needs to get fixed. I posted the same information in a separate post.

thesnoman
01-13-2014, 07:44 PM
I never said it wasn't the best DPS spell - it's just very inefficient.

As a Fire Savant, the most efficient use of damage/Spell Points is Scorching Ray followed by either Chain Missile or MM, then Force Missile.

The Spell Power I listed is without Max/Emp...add 225 when I turn them on.

Ancient
01-13-2014, 07:47 PM

14/4/2 Sorc/FvS/Pally

This is a good build, and the benefits far outweigh one spell.