PDA

View Full Version : Bladeforged Barbarian

Guanmagi-1
12-20-2013, 08:27 AM
It's obvious that Bladeforged offers the greatest benefit to the Barbarian class...which must be why they made it so difficult to actually be a Bladeforged Barbarian.

1. Level an Iconic Bladeforged. (1295 TP)
2. 1 level of paladin, 14 levels of fighter.
3. LR +1 out of Paladin, into 15 Fighter. (1195 TP)
4. Purchase alignment change out of Lawful. (495 TP)
5. LR +5 out of Fighter into 10 Fig/5 Barb (1595 TP)
6. LR +5 out of Fighter into 5 Fig/10 Barb (1595 TP)
7. LR +5 out of Fighter into 0 Fig/15 Barb (1595 TP)

I like the idea of whipping 450+ reconstructs mid battle while all raged up and beefy, but is it really worth 7770 TP?

Or maybe there's an easier way to do it?

unbongwah
12-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Are you sure you can use the Reconstruct SLA while Raged? AFAIK, Raging still blocks all casting, inc. SLAs. Easiest way to test would be to TR a barb into BF and take the barb PL; if you can't use Reconstruct while Raged, well, there you go.

Guanmagi-1
12-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Are you sure you can use the Reconstruct SLA while Raged? AFAIK, Raging still blocks all casting, inc. SLAs. Easiest way to test would be to TR a barb into BF and take the barb PL; if you can't use Reconstruct while Raged, well, there you go.

The recon sla went off around beholders. I like your idea, and as logical as it sounds, I'd hate to have the sla work with the barb PL rage and then spend the points and have it not work on the barb life.

Krelar
12-20-2013, 09:43 AM
The recon sla went off around beholders. I like your idea, and as logical as it sounds, I'd hate to have the sla work with the barb PL rage and then spend the points and have it not work on the barb life.

I'm pretty sure all SLA's go off around beholders (at least all the ones I've tried on my sorc and druid)

I'm almost positive I heard a report from someone that actually tried it that the SLA did not work while barbarian rage is in effect. (This topic has been brought up a few times before)

EDIT:

See this post (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430693-Question-regarding-Bladeforged-Communion-of-Scribing-(Reconstruct))specifically the last two posts.

Guanmagi-1
12-20-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm pretty sure all SLA's go off around beholders (at least all the ones I've tried on my sorc and druid)

I'm almost positive I heard a report from someone that actually tried it that the SLA did not work while barbarian rage is in effect. (This topic has been brought up a few times before)

Did the barbarian rage come from the past life or from actual barbarian levels? I did a quick search for this topic and didn't find anything useful which is why I posted it. Can you link the thread where this was discussed?

Krelar
12-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Did the barbarian rage come from the past life or from actual barbarian levels? I did a quick search for this topic and didn't find anything useful which is why I posted it. Can you link the thread where this was discussed?

You replied while I was editing in the link. :p (Re-read my post above yours) It was from actually LRing into a barbarian and it did not work.

Guanmagi-1
12-20-2013, 10:12 AM
you replied while i was editing in the link. :p (re-read my post above yours) it was from actually lring into a barbarian and it did not work.

sfp ftw.