PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Servers Down: Friday, 12/20/13 8:50 AM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Cordovan
12-20-2013, 07:53 AM
UPDATE 9:55 AM Eastern (-5 GMT): We are continuing to investigate a hardware issue that is affecting the ability to log into Argonnessen, Ghallanda, Cannith, Orien, and Wayfinder. We will keep you updated, and thank you for your patience.

We are aware that Argonnessen, Ghallanda, Cannith, Orien, and Wayfinder are currently unavailable, and are investigating. We will keep you updated.

mrsharp0101
12-20-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm going to laugh if it was something so simple as someone tripped over a power cord causing them to shut down....thanks for the quick post about the issue, please keep us updated.

Olds-cool
12-20-2013, 08:09 AM
I need an Android App called IsCannithUp.

Where are my programming homies at?

:)

sephiroth1084
12-20-2013, 08:10 AM
We are aware that Argonnessen, Ghallanda, Cannith, Orien, and Wayfinder are currently unavailable, and are investigating. We will keep you updated.
So...none of the servers that matter?

Habreno
12-20-2013, 08:18 AM
So...none of the servers that matter?

None of the servers that matter are the ones not down.

It's official. Turbine hates Argo. This proves it. Argo is down and some other servers are up.

FestusHood
12-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Please stay on the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dvbeo_UUPE

moomooprincess
12-20-2013, 08:28 AM
At least Cordovan did not type that it was a Scheduled Downtime, after the fact. Not like there is anything wrong with that.

Go ahead and laugh Sarlonians, Thelanians, and Khyberians, your day will be coming over the weekend, Merry Crashmas to you!!

Dang, so I come back and decide I will just have to play on Thelanis and get psyched up to start my questing there and what do I see? Servers coming down in 15 minutes.

Merry Crashmas to us all!!!!

Fresh server reboots for the Holiday Weekend for all of us.

Loromir
12-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Can't say I'm surprised. Lag on Cannith has been pretty bad the past several days. It's not just me, because all of my guildies were having lag at the same time.

Loromir
12-20-2013, 08:37 AM
None of the servers that matter are the ones not down.

It's official. Turbine hates Argo. This proves it. Argo is down and some other servers are up.

Problems with Argo can't be worse than Cannith.

Habreno
12-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Problems with Argo can't be worse than Cannith.

No, our issues aren't as bad with the connection. But we have GM's that hate us. We have raids that actively plot against us. We have raid bosses that kill us with no thought for our families! All because TURBINE coded it that way!

*cries*

Your connection may be bad. But your server isn't actively plotting to kill you in real life.

MartinusWyllt
12-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Or maybe they love it too much and want to hold it and pet it and call it George.

MuleAxe
12-20-2013, 08:52 AM
At least Cordovan did not type that it was a Scheduled Downtime, after the fact. Not like there is anything wrong with that.

Go ahead and laugh Sarlonians, Thelanians, and Khyberians, your day will be coming over the weekend, Merry Crashmas to you!!

Have learned not to laugh at these things; Thelanis will undoubtedly be joining soon.

Cordovan
12-20-2013, 08:56 AM
We are continuing to investigate a hardware issue that is affecting the ability to log into Argonnessen, Ghallanda, Cannith, Orien, and Wayfinder. We will keep you updated, and thank you for your patience.

mrsharp0101
12-20-2013, 09:01 AM
We are continuing to investigate a hardware issue that is affecting the ability to log into Argonnessen, Ghallanda, Cannith, Orien, and Wayfinder.

SEE!! they tripped over a cable that connects the outside world to the servers! I Knew it!!!!!

KnightZ
12-20-2013, 09:03 AM
UPDATE 9:55 AM Eastern (-5 GMT): We are continuing to investigate a hardware issue that is affecting the ability to log into Argonnessen, Ghallanda, Cannith, Orien, and Wayfinder. We will keep you updated, and thank you for your patience.

Get up for work, go to leave and find it pouring down rain (In the Desert), Get rained outa work, call it a DDO day and all is good, attempt to log onto DDO, My server has crashed............... And this is why we can't have nice things...........

sephiroth1084
12-20-2013, 09:12 AM
What probably happened, is all the players loved the video No_Dice put up of the squirrel attack so much, that everyone ran into the King's Forest and activated all the squirrels they could, and then tried herding them, while running FRAPS and brought about a squirrel Armageddon.

BlueBloody
12-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Problem on ddostore 4 hours ago. Cannith

Darkvx
12-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Can't say I'm surprised. Lag on Cannith has been pretty bad the past several days. It's not just me, because all of my guildies were having lag at the same time.

Yea my lantancy went from two hundred to fourteen thousand and back again seven times in four minutes Wednesday.

TMcKinley
12-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Please stay on the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dvbeo_UUPE

What a clever post. I truly enjoyed it.

Niflheimr
12-20-2013, 09:35 AM
atm in the turbine's server room : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4RtvMQp10

totalmir
12-20-2013, 09:43 AM
EA Christmas D!

Nigel137
12-20-2013, 09:46 AM
What a clever post. I truly enjoyed it.

That song is 40 minutes long. Couldn't he have chosen a shorter one? =)

prophet1
12-20-2013, 09:53 AM
when ya bring em back up think you could add the ice games , the jester just a cookie mad fool , but icyburst on weapons is a mad genius at work , where is the snow , in evenstar sometimes its so blue its blinding , so it snows in the realms but not stormreach , what gods planned that out , not to mention i have like 700 blue tokens and they are now just another bag item , and why did u nerf out purple dragon points , one day i had 378 the next i went to make red dragon armor and had 289 , please when u fix the server fix these issues 2

prophet1
12-20-2013, 09:56 AM
one last lil thing , when u try to get gm , they tell u report problems as bugs , but the bug reporting screen comes up black and not working is this a issue or a conspiracy

Sierim
12-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Just got a global announcement on Khyber that the server will go down in 15 minutes. Related, or did I miss the official announcement elsewhere?

Krelar
12-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Just got a global announcement on Khyber that the server will go down in 15 minutes. Related, or did I miss the official announcement elsewhere?

You "missed" it. (Posted 3 minutes before you posted.)

The DDO servers will be brought down from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a restart. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

SpritesDaddyo
12-20-2013, 12:06 PM
atm in the turbine's server room : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4RtvMQp10

Now THATS funny :)

TY

lokomski
12-20-2013, 12:23 PM
I described company network reliability calculations in the service news thread of December 16th with a second post explaining the difference of meaning of accessibility and reliability I should have included in the first post. The descriptions appear on page 4 of the thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/432672-Scheduled-Maintenance-Monday-December-16th-from-6-00-to-12-00-PM-Eastern-%28-5-GMT%29?highlight=lokomski

Therein I compared Turbine monthly reliability to all services provided through online networks while mentioning the month is not yet over. This trouble a mere 4 days later amuses me to no end. I must laugh.. or let my blood pressure raise.

Consider not all online services but only games. Is even 10 U.S. dollars per month worth having subscription status with Turbine? This answer will be different for each individual. My answer is no. I remain satisfied with premium status while awaiting the day DDO is no longer available related to technical difficulties. While I use time instead of cash to build up Turbine points as needed I will have lost no money beyond the minimum amount to gain premium status. Time spent is time I use for entertainment anyway.

ians4471
12-20-2013, 12:43 PM
We are continuing to investigate a hardware issue that is affecting the ability to log into Argonnessen, Ghallanda, Cannith, Orien, and Wayfinder. We will keep you updated, and thank you for your patience.

Sorry folks i believe that all the servers are down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

techkitten
12-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Sorry folks i believe that all the servers are down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Open open open

ians4471
12-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Open open open

Not in the UK all severs are down :(

ians4471
12-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Open open open

Not in the UK all servers are down :(