PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking My FvS Question

ThomasHunter
12-18-2013, 06:30 PM
One of my favorite characters on DDO was inspired from Impaqt a couple of years ago or so. This was a TWF longsword human 20FvS. I still play this as my main in epic levels. I have always wanted to build this using a slightly different template and using elf with scimitars. I started this last year sometime and he has sat for awhile, but I am looking to pick him back up. The original idea was to splash 2 levels of monk.

However, I've learned much more about monks over the last few months including how useful stances are. The elf build above wouldn't support a centered build with scimitars. So, no worries as I really love my pure FvS build.

My main question is what should come first as far as feats as I don't remember what the stats were like on these feats. Should I take ITWF first or IC:Slash first?

Feats that I want to fit in through level 21 are:
1 - TWF
3 - Extend
6 - Maximize (Empower first?)
9 - Dragonmark of Shadow (I love the displacement and invis stuff here along with the last tier)
12 - ITWF or IC:Slash
15 - Quicken
18 - GTWF or IC:Slash
21 - Whatever was leftover or even Empower

This is not meant for any "power EE" questing. This is simply following my main's template with the addition of the DM.

Also, I do have some long-range plans for my longsword FvS. Once he reaches level 28, I will ETR (with either light damage or TWF benefit) followed immediately by a Heroic TR. Then I plan on going 2 levels of monk with Whirling Steel Strike to stay centered. This will be a bit yet, but the idea appeals to me unless someone has experience doing something similar and it doesn't work. If it does work, how many stance feats would you take? All the way to Grandmaster of Forms?

Thanks for any insights and help!

Matuse
12-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Also, I do have some long-range plans for my longsword FvS. Once he reaches level 28, I will ETR (with either light damage or TWF benefit) followed immediately by a Heroic TR. Then I plan on going 2 levels of monk with Whirling Steel Strike to stay centered. This will be a bit yet, but the idea appeals to me unless someone has experience doing something similar and it doesn't work. If it does work, how many stance feats would you take? All the way to Grandmaster of Forms?

Assuming you are human, this is the feat loadout that you'd need:

G-I-TWF
Power Attack
Whirling Steel Strike
Weapon Focus: Slashing
Adept-Master-GM of Forms
Improved Critical: Slashing (this one may be skippable, but then you're pretty much locked into Mineral Longswords and the Oathblade)

That's 10 feats...leaving zero room for any Metamagics.

kierg10
12-18-2013, 08:58 PM
1) Is it bad if I originally read the title as "Twerking My FvS Question"?

2) If you are going to go melee go 17 fvs 2 monk 1 fighter or wizard....

Stats for the elf version: assuming 32 point build
str 18 (yay max strength)<-16 points here
dex 14+3 tome for 17 for i/gtwf<-4 points here
con 12<-6 points here
int 10<-2 points here
wis 8<-dump it, you're a melee
cha 12<-4 points

16+4+6+2+4=32, if you are 36 point build I would recommend bumping up con some more.....or maybe cha for divine might.

Level order:
1-2 fvs
3 monk
4-7 fvs (get csw early, gotta love that for op self healing)
8 monk (yay evasion)
9-14 fvs (get heal or bladebarrier, whichever you want first)
15 fighter
16-20 fvs (yay wings, screw mass heal....)

Feats:
1-Power attack
3-Dmark of shadow (displacement is nice)
3monk-twf
6-Maximize
8monk-Dodge <-dodge is amazing defence for epics
9-Quicken
12-itwf
15-ic:slash
15fighter-gtwf
18-Empower
21-Whatever you want
24-Whatever you want
26ed feat-Perfect two weapon fighting<-take this great feat
27-Blinding speed<- wheeeee perma haste
28ed feat-Whatever you want, the one that gives you a 5% chance of completely avoiding damage is really nice.....

Given enough SP and a decent devotion item (a crafted 10% melee alacrity of 54 devotion ml 9 is really nice) quickened+maximized CSW is waaay more than enough at level 9, and is in fact waaay OP.

Mmmmm this makes me want to TR my main back into a melee FvS.....my last fvs life was melee fvs 17/monk 2/fighter 1....lots of fun, of course I was two handed fighting, but that is just how I roll.

Kawai
12-18-2013, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=kierg10;5203168]1) ...Is it bad if I originally read the title as "Twerking My FvS Question"?

Miley is very bad bard.

kierg10
12-18-2013, 10:50 PM
miley is more of a barbarian 19/bard 1 raging in fury using primal scream......the twerking is just her spasming from the rage.