PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Cool-down Stacking (question)

Pikeman
12-18-2013, 08:54 AM
I just started my first Epic TR and chose Arcane Alacrity as my past life feat. I intend to stack this 3X to reduce my necro cool-downs by 10%. Today it occurred to me that I am already using an Epic Destiny ability from the Magister line (spell school Familiarity) that reduces cool-down time. So, I am wondering if the Epic past life feat and Epic Destiny ability stack. Does anyone know? Also, seeing as these are percent-based reductions, how do they stack? Additively vs. multiplicatively/compounding?

Miow
12-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Common sense would dictate that they stack imo, whether they do or not would be a question for a dev.

Pikeman
12-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Common sense would dictate that they stack imo, whether they do or not would be a question for a dev.

Hehe, I agree. But I've been burned before...

Perhaps a kindly Dev will weigh in. Otherwise it will take some potentially pointless grinding and testing.

Seikojin
12-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Since one is a feat and the other is a destiny ability, they should stack. Check the wording. If the abilities call out the same type of bonus (enhancement, insight, whatever), then it does not matter their source; they will not stack. But if they just offer a bonus, then they should stack since they are from different types and sources.

Pikeman
01-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Since one is a feat and the other is a destiny ability, they should stack. Check the wording. If the abilities call out the same type of bonus (enhancement, insight, whatever), then it does not matter their source; they will not stack. But if they just offer a bonus, then they should stack since they are from different types and sources.

Just a little follow-up for anyone interested. I finally got around to testing this, and can confirm that these bonuses stack. The stacking is additive, and not multiplicative. For example, a 5% enhancement bonus would get added to a 3% epic past life feat bonus for a total bonus of 8%.

I also confirmed that you do not need a stopwatch to test this for yourself, as the cool-down timers that appear in the hotbar show actual seconds (which seems obvious, but I had never checked it before), and the number of seconds changes appropriately when the various cool-down bonuses are applied. For example, the timer number that appears for Wail of the Banshee is "normally" 60 (seconds), but is 54 (seconds) if a 10% cool-down reduction is applied.

sberla_tp
01-14-2014, 05:22 AM
Does the Epic Past Life feat Arcane Alacrity lower the cooldown of SLA or is it only spells?

mikarddo
01-14-2014, 05:27 AM
Does the Epic Past Life feat Arcane Alacrity lower the cooldown of SLA or is it only spells?

And if it works on SLA - does 6 sec cooldown with 10% reduction get reduced to 5.0 sec, 5.4 sec or remain at 6.0 sec?

Silverleafeon
01-14-2014, 07:08 AM
Turned on Arcane Acarity I plus Magistar 15% = 18% reduction.

Used Tea with the Queen ~ 154 seconds = full amount

Used Cocoon ~ 12 seconds = full amount

So, possibly does not affect SLA, count not find any more long enough to tell with magistar taking big twist slot.