PDA

View Full Version : How to epic destiny

Abcchef
12-17-2013, 06:33 PM
I have 19th level acrobat that will be hitting 20 soon, and having never leveled past that I'm curious on what to do. If I interpreted the wiki correctly I have the choice between shadowdancer, dreadnought and grandmaster of forms.

Shadowdancer is clearly the "Rogue" destiny, but it does seem somewhat geared toward assassins. Grandmaster of forms seems to have a lot of redundant abilities I already have, and dreadnought seems like it'd be sturdier.

Shadowdancer is the one that seems the coolest, but can It worked effectively with the pure acrobat? This guy is mostly for flavor (my caster toon is going through the tr grind) but I still want him to be moderately effective.

This guy existed long enough ago to get the raid box so I have Sireth when i hit 23, but beyond that, any gear recommendations that don't involve raiding?

Ty for any and all help,

Abcchef.

CThruTheEgo
12-19-2013, 12:54 PM
If you've got cleave/gr cleave, I'd be leaning toward dreadnought for an acrobat. And if your build is centered, twist in a dance of flowers asap.

blackdoguk
12-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Picking up rejuvenation cocoon as soon as you can is very helpful also - it's not too far from Legendary Dreadnought

Abcchef
12-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Awesome, ty guys, I'm close to no fail heal scrolls and sireth so soon I'll be able to group and not feel like dead wieght! XD

Enoach
12-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I would look towards which sphere currently holds the twists you would like to take advantage of.

Primal sphere has: Rejuvenation Cocoon, Fast healing and Primal Scream (All Tier 1).

Divine sphere has: Fortification and some other aspects that might be useful if you have SP

Arcane sphere has: Energy Sheath, reflex save bonus, twistable stance, energy blast

Looking at what you have I would lean towards LD taking it to Level 4, get 3 Levels in SC and then 3 Levels in PA and then 3 Levels in FoTW. Then return to finish LD.
This will give you 4 Fate points Enough for two Level 1 Twists of Fate (ie Cocoon and Primal Scream)

While SD does look more geared towards assassin builds, it does have some nice features that any rogue can take advantage of, such as the Shadow effects including shadow form, or additional dodge (one of the nice aspects of the SD dotting system is that you don't have to be the one that lands the killing blow, just tag a creature and let the other party members finish it off)